Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,406 members, 7,830,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) (23039 Views)

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? / Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Jaynom(m): 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
fairytale:
More like a myles Monroe sermon on relationships. Nice one though @Jaynom
Awww! Thank you! smiley
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Actuarydeji(m): 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
Foodforthought:
For women it is
Why?
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Foodforthought: 6:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
Actuarydeji:

Why?
Most women are raised with the notion that they will be married one day to a man "that will take care of them". The society puts men as breadwinners. That is also the natural order of marriage. Most women have pride in them and always tend to belittle men whenever they fall short in any area. I'm not assuming, I've seen for myself. Most women are drawn to materialism
Now tell me how does a husband control or demand submission from a wife who is doing much better than him in every respect...most women only submit if they are at least a bit dependent on a man.When they are not dependent they do not see any reason to submit. Let me ask you: Do you think Tonto Dikeh would submit to a man who earns #50, 000 a month teaching in a high class primary school?
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Joy1706(f): 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
boiz2men:

now you imagine a woman saying those to her husband... altho not always but mean words hurt men too thats why men go physical when you all start nagging...

if you have never worked under a woman.. u cant engage me in the conversation..... your headmistress and headmaster (if you had both at any time).. whom would you prefer more?

theres this thing about power and money that intoxicates humans but if that human is a woman.. it is sinister.....

Nobody should say those words to their spouse full stop. If you feel you have the right to say such things when you're the breadwinner, then she equally has the right to say such if she earns more
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Joy1706(f): 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
Marcofranz:

Smh . I really pity the man that is going to marry you madam self esteem. You are obviously the type that can control their husbands just because they earn more. She even has the guts to say "the man has to move out "
Madam you are a witch.
Pity yourself. He will move out na of he's tired of the marriage
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by tosyne2much(m): 10:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
Foodforthought:

Most women are raised with the notion that they will be married one day to a man "that will take care of them". The society puts men as breadwinners. That is also the natural order of marriage. Most women have pride in them and always tend to belittle men whenever they fall short in any area. I'm not assuming, I've seen for myself. Most women are drawn to materialism
Now tell me how does a husband control or demand submission from a wife who is doing much better than him in every respect...most women only submit if they are at least a bit dependent on a man.When they are not dependent they do not see any reason to submit. Let me ask you: Do you think Tonto Dikeh would submit to a man who earns #50, 000 a month teaching in a high class primary school?
My bro, you finish work for this comment oooo
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Reeberry: 11:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
fuckboys:
some girls just don't wanna have sense. Where was your father when otedola was hustling? undecided
That girl is super dumb.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Actuarydeji(m): 8:31am On Nov 04, 2017
Foodforthought:

Tonto Dikeh! That is why my old man advised me not to marry because of beauty. He said that is"Deji anytime you wish to settle down, look for a pious lady". Tonto Dikeh is absolutely a materialistiic wife. Iranu
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Humanistme: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2017
Foodforthought:

why are naija men obsessed with the need to exert control on another adult?
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Foodforthought: 10:31am On Nov 04, 2017
Humanistme:

why are naija men obsessed with the need to exert control on another adult?
Ask God and our ancestors. The woman bears the man's name. A man pays dowry. If u don't accept a marriage proposal nobody will kill you. Please stay in your father's house. If u must enter a man's house u need to adhere to rules. Nobody is obsessed with anything , the most successful and fulfilled wives in our society are submissive to their husband. This is why their marriages are successful. If u don't submit don't expect a happy marriage. That's the way it is, If u don't like it please stay unmarried... It's your call.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by tosyne2much(m): 10:41am On Nov 04, 2017
birdsview:
Yes.if she is respectful and not bitchy...but she will change after sometime. It's an inbred thing in women to whine about how they take care of the family at the slightest opportunity they get
That's very true
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by tosyne2much(m): 10:45am On Nov 04, 2017
Marcofranz:
Those guys saying yes are gold diggers while the girls are old cargos just looking for any available man.

As for me I won't try it. A man is supposed to be the Lord of the house in the sense that whenever the wife wants money Even to buy sweet she has to tell her lord.
cheesy

Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Marcofranz(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2017
Joy1706:

Pity yourself. He will move out na of he's tired of the marriage
You are a witch probably from edo State.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Humanistme: 11:11am On Nov 04, 2017
Foodforthought:

Ask God and our ancestors. The woman bears the man's name. A man pays dowry. If u don't accept a marriage proposal nobody will kill you. Please stay in your father's house. If u must enter a man's house u need to adhere to rules. Nobody is obsessed with anything , the most successful and fulfilled wives in our society are submissive to their husband. This is why their marriages are successful. If u don't submit don't expect a happy marriage. That's the way it is, If u don't like it please stay unmarried... It's your call.

fallacy @ bolded. This happiness you throw around I hope is for the couple tho not for the man.

p.s.. marriage longativity does not always involve happiness.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Foodforthought: 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
Humanistme:

fallacy @ bolded. This happiness you throw around I hope is for the couple tho not for the man.

p.s.. marriage longativity does not always involve happiness.

I know longevity does not always involve happiness. I know also that some husbands are rogues whether the wife submits or not. But in the case of conflicts the couple should come together to strike a balance or one individual has to partially give in to allow peace to reign. That partial submission should first come from the wife.
Ok which do u prefer? That a woman becomes headstrong and unbendable? What happens then to the marriage ? I tell you that men can stand every nasty attitude a woman shows except arrogance. Men hate it. After distrust, the next big factor that can kill a marriage is a woman's arrogance towards her husband.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Humanistme: 12:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
Foodforthought:

I know longevity does not always involve happiness. I know also that some husbands are rogues whether the wife submits or not. But in the case of conflicts the couple should come together to strike a balance or one individual has to partially give in to allow peace to reign. That partial submission should first come from the wife.
Ok which do u prefer? That a woman becomes headstrong and unbendable? What happens then to the marriage ? I tell you that men can stand every nasty attitude a woman shows except arrogance. Men hate it. After distrust, the next big factor that can kill a marriage is a woman's arrogance towards her husband.

arrogance is not a positive trait in anyone whether male or female. we all hate arrogant people. why should a wife be okay with the arrogance of her husband towards her by seeking to dominate her into submission that's my point.
submission is not the opposite of arrogance
it is humility and modesty.

There is something called mutual respect and understanding that is what is required in a relationship supposedly built on love.

I just read a story on fp about a lady who left her boyfriend and married her ex because the boyfriend lost his job. Many people are bashing the lady. if I were to follow your logic then she did the right thing since marriage is not built on mutual love and understanding but on power play of dominance and submission and money gives the power.

Unless it is a marriage of convenience then you guys can decide the terms and conditions

That notion of dominance and submission is problematic in a so called loving relationship.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Foodforthought: 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2017
Humanistme:

arrogance is not a positive trait in anyone whether male or female. we all hate arrogant people. why should a wife be okay with the arrogance of her husband towards her by seeking to dominate her into submission that's my point.
submission is not the opposite of arrogance
it is humility and modesty.

There is something called mutual respect and understanding that is what is required in a relationship supposedly built on love.

I just read a story on fp about a lady who left her boyfriend and married her ex because the boyfriend lost his job. Many people are bashing the lady. if I were to follow your logic then she did the right thing since marriage is not built on mutual love and understanding but on power play of dominance and submission and money gives the power.

Unless it is a marriage of convenience then you guys can decide the terms and conditions

That notion of dominance and submission is problematic in a so called loving relationship.
OK you win.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by PDPGuy: 7:19pm On Nov 04, 2017
Foodforthought:

Haha

It will be difficult for Tonto to submit to such a man. But if they are truly in love, I don’t see why she wouldn’t respect/consider his opinions on any issue.

By the way, there is a popular American TV personality called Megyn Kelly. While she was at Fox News she was earning around $15 million/year, while her hubby earns “only” $85,000.
But you know what? She quit her job and moved to another network where she would work in the mornings. She said her decision was due to her desire to be with her young children at night (She used to host a nightly program on Fox).
At her new job, she makes like $16 million/year. As someone who earns 188 times more than her husband, she could have easily told her hubby to take care of the kids at night. But she was humble enough to seek another job that will guarantee that she would be at home to care for the kids at night.

The point I’m making is that if there is genuine love, a woman would still respect a man who is her hubby even if she is richer than him.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 04, 2017
PDPGuy:

Haha

It will be difficult for Tonto to submit to such a man. But if they are truly in love, I don’t see why she wouldn’t respect/consider his opinions on any issue.

By the way, there is a popular American TV personality called Megyn Kelly. While she was at Fox News she was earning around $15 million/year, while her hubby earns “only” $85,000.
But you know what? She quit her job and moved to another network where she would work in the mornings. She said her decision was due to her desire to be with her young children at night (She used to host a nightly program on Fox).
At her new job, she makes like $16 million/year. As someone who earns 188 times more than her husband, she could have easily told her hubby to take care of the kids at night. But she was humble enough to seek another job that will guarantee that she would be at home to care for the kids at night.

The point I’m making is that if there is genuine love, a woman would still respect a man who is her hubby even if she is richer than him.

They are not looking for women who will respect them tho, they are looking for docile women who they can intimidate into submission.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by tintingz(m): 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
Foodforthought:

At bolded very wrong.

# A woman a taken up her husband's name is not ordain by abrahamic God to my knowledge, I'm not a religious person but I know this since I'm once religious. The name change after marriage for woman started by western countries (to my knowledge), in the middle Eastern culture a wife still bears her father's name, read both the Bible and Quran(or Hadith) and tell me if a wife is addressed by her husband's name. So if you are talking about God or ancestors that ordain the change of name after marriage, kindly name them.

# As for dowry, not all culture practice the dowry by men thing, in country like India the woman pays the dowry not the man.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Foodforthought: 10:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
tintingz:
At bolded very wrong.

# A woman a taken up her husband's name is not ordain by abrahamic God to my knowledge, I'm not a religious person but I know this since I'm once religious. The name change after marriage for woman started by western countries (to my knowledge), in the middle Eastern culture a wife still bears her father's name, read both the Bible and Quran(or Hadith) and tell me if a wife is addressed by her husband's name. So if you are talking about God or ancestors that ordain the change of name after marriage, kindly name them.

# As for dowry, not all culture practice the dowry by men thing, in country like India the woman pays the dowry not the man.
Then all feminists can go to India and the western countries. Here in Africa and as Christendom permits, a woman does not trump her husband, the dowry payer ,in the name of equal rights. May I remind you that this same equality stuff is being spearheaded by the same Western countries as u mentioned
When I say ancestors I mean my parents, their own parents and great grand parents...culture by any means . The bible clearly asks the man to love his wife and the wife to submit to her husband. That is all I need to know about.
I follow tradition and above all, my faith.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Hopzyyy: 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
I don't see any problem with that, I will.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by tintingz(m): 11:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
Foodforthought:

Then all feminists can go to India and the western countries.
The dowry paid by the bride's parents in india are result of women seen as liability, since women are seen as liability the bride's parents pay off the groom since the husband will be the one taking up the responsibility, so I guess feminist won't still like this.

But now that many women are earning even more than some men, I don't see the relevant of this dowry thing but I guess it's thier culture.

in Africa and as Christendom permits, a woman does not trump her husband, the dowry payer ,in the name of equal rights. May I remind you that this same equality stuff is being spearheaded by the same Western countries as u mentioned
But we see women taking responsibilities the husband suppose to have done.

I believe in equal right, I believe everyone should have equal opportunities.

When I say ancestors I mean my parents, their own parents and great grand parents...culture by any means .
Sorry, are you talking about the culture adopted from the western culture or which one?

The bible clearly asks the man to love his wife and the wife to submit to her husband. That is all I need to know about.
I follow tradition and above all, my faith.
This is a good thing but where I've problem with is the submissive stuff, it has been abused, I'm not into religious nor traditional stuff, I believe many of these practice are patriach, archaic. My own philosophy is that the world is evolving and some practice are not relevant and doesn't make sense in this 21 century.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Tonytonex(m): 12:15am On Nov 05, 2017
mistel:
it has huge benefits, you won't have to hustle too hard. she feeds the home and runs the home. all you the man has to do is SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND EYES.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND "shut your mouth and eyes".
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
Tonytonex:
I DON'T UNDERSTAND "shut your mouth and eyes".
that's the price you pay. don't correct her, don't say this is wrong or bad. don't be dad of the house.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Tonytonex(m): 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2017
mistel:
that's the price you pay. don't correct her, don't say this is wrong or bad. don't be dad of the house.
U don't know me that's why. l gat swag, & my swag is hard to see. l am a Lion.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Tonytonex(m): 8:07pm On Nov 13, 2017
Foodforthought:

THIS IS WISDOM. OMG!
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2017
Tonytonex:
U don't know me that's why. l gat swag, & my swag is hard to see. l am a Lion.
when women are way richer than their husband, most of them tends to get out of control gradually.
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Tonytonex(m): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
mistel:
when women are way richer than their husband, most of them tends to get out of control gradually.
YEA YOU ARE RIGHT
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by SgtKisswhere: 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2017
sure, so long she knows her place
Re: Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) by Bigprick9inches: 11:25pm On Nov 27, 2017
I won't even marry a lady that works to start with. If you are a guy in this century and u can't marry a wife, keep her at home and pay her triple of naija minimum wage, the u ain't a man but a..........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys, 7 Things We Need To Stop Doing This Year – Nigeria Online Business / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met On Facebook / Hot Naija Instagram Girl Flaunt Her Massive ass and boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.