Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,724 members, 7,862,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:31 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4466024 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 11:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

A dull brain you are! Is it a taboo the enter a South Africa of all countries? Do you know the places where I have stepped feet on around the world? Don't make a mockery of yourself. How long I was in SA, when last I was in SA and how long I will be there on my next task is not for your knowledge. Right now I am doing my bit on the fringes of of one of the trouble spots on the continent. And of course on the field! Always remember that the day will come ...

Yes we wouldnt want to compromise your secret mission. Saying for how long you were in SA will somehow blow your cover? Lol okay.

Again. You can fool your Nigerian friends, your secret is safe with us.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 12:09am On Jul 13, 2013
saengine:

Yes we wouldnt want to compromise your secret mission. Saying for how long you were in SA will somehow blow your cover? Lol okay.

Again. You can fool your Nigerian friends, your secret is safe with us.

Whatever sweetens your tea! Secret or no secret. Carry on as you are!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 12:20am On Jul 13, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Whatever sweetens your tea! Secret or no secret. Carry on as you are!

grin grin exposed! Goodnight 007. Maybe tomorrow we can have a drink in Rosebank or Braamfontein, whichever is closer to you. No wait after you return to SA from your mission abroad.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:03am On Jul 13, 2013
CraigB:

South Africa is not a ghetto. We are a democracy and we aren't going to have spy balloons hovering over our cities.
what is this one saying?
Ur post further shows year height of senselessness.
Democracy,what do u know about it.who taught u history or government.

Whenever u are challenged by nigeria's superiority over SA.its either u come up with ur strategies or play,SA doesn't need that cause u are better.
Keep hiding behind the lines.don't equip your spy network.
You think US is wasting money and resources maintaining the strongest spy network on earth that covers the whole earth.
Nigeria may look cheap to you cause you always claim we pile up outdated and dysfunctional toys as weapons and artilleries,but one thing we would always have an advancement over you guys or any other african country is our current spy technlology.
Believe it we have very active watchdogs in many regions you don't know.

South afica is a democracy,u don't need spy balloons hovering over your cities.
Please@craigB.u are the biggest joke here on NL.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 1:11am On Jul 13, 2013
saengine:

grin grin exposed! Goodnight 007. Maybe tomorrow we can have a drink in Rosebank or Braamfontein, whichever is closer to you. No wait after you return to SA from your mission abroad.

Your rear-end is as exposed as your dull brain! I thought the only place that Nigerians were permited to reside in was your Hillbrow? Thaba Tshwane Officer's Mess will be a better place for a drink. Figure me out if you can! You are such a comedian! Goodnight malfunctioning Mr. Engine!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 1:16am On Jul 13, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: what is this one saying?

Whenever u are challenged by nigeria's superiority over SA.its either u come up with ur strategies or play,SA doesn't need that cause u are better.
You think US is wasting money and resources maintaining the strongest spy network on earth that covers the whole earth.
Nigeria may look cheap to you cause you always claim we pile up outdated and dysfunctional toys as weapons and artilleries,but one thing we would always have an advancement over you guys or any other african country is our current spy technlology.

Someday, they'll all come back to this thread to piece the puzzle together. It could be too late then.

I am shaking my head and smiling in pidgin!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:44am On Jul 13, 2013

well since south africa is not interested in watching over and protecting her cities, the criminals have taken over with thousands of random M.urder and R.ape per minute/per second to give south africa world top ranking category grin grin grin

2013 criminals on the loose, fire in soweto, burning all the people....sonny okosuns
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:45am On Jul 13, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Your rear-end is as exposed as your dull brain! I thought the only place that Nigerians were permited to reside in was your Hillbrow? Thaba Tshwane Officer's Mess will be a better place for a drink. Figure me out if you can! You are such a comedian! Goodnight malfunctioning Mr. Engine!

...you knocked out his engine....it lost all its oil and grease....needs full replacement grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:57am On Jul 13, 2013

[size=16pt]why is south africa full of foreign medical doctors ?

why do many of the foreign medical doctors leave south africa for america/europe eventually ?

why do immigrants get jobs in south africa and the south africans born there do not get the same jobs ?

why does south africa claim to have good universities and yet has great shortage of medical doctors ?

why is tiny cuba helping south africa to produce medical doctors if south africa has better universities ?

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2013/01/17/massive-nation-wide-doctor-shortage

[/size]

honestly i dont know, i never traveled to or lived in south africa. they say nigerian education is not good, but why are my friends medical doctors graduates of nigerian universities working in south africa ? why do some of these nigerian medical doctors leave south africa eventually and relocate to work as doctors in america/europe ?

the number of medical doctors in a country determines how it will cope with wounded people both civilian and military in time of big war or enemy large scale military invasion.

any answers to my questions ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 2:10am On Jul 13, 2013

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:17am On Jul 13, 2013
agaugust:

why do many of the foreign medical doctors leave south africa for america/europe eventually ?

why do immigrants get jobs in south africa and the south africans born there do not get the same jobs ?

why does south africa claim to have good universities and yet has great shortage of medical doctors ?

why is tiny cuba helping south africa to produce medical doctors if south africa has better universities ?

[/size]

honestly i dont know, i never traveled to or lived in south africa. they say nigerian education is not good, but why are my friends medical doctors graduates of nigerian universities working in south africa ? why do some of these nigerian medical doctors leave south africa eventually and relocate to work as doctors in america/europe ?

the number of medical doctors in a country determines how it will cope with wounded people both civilian and military in time of big war or enemy large scale military invasion.

Here are your answers. Enjoy reading them cool

http://www.informationng.com/2012/07/brain-drain-nigeria-has-lost-over-20000-medical-doctors.html

Brain Drain: Nigeria Has Lost Over 20,000 Medical Doctors
Posted by: Roti on July 11, 2012

Information emerging from the Federal Government has revealed that about 20,000 doctors have migrated from Nigeria over time, with about 4,000 of that figure heading to the United States of America.

I guess the US's education system is bad too? grin

http://allafrica.com/stories/201209110896.html

Nigeria: Brain Drain - Kano Loses 100 Doctors in Six Months
BY IBRAHIM SHUAIBU, 10 SEPTEMBER 2012

The Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) Kano state chapter has urged the state Government to declare state of emergency in the health sector to halt brain drain in existing government hospitals that have witnessed the dis- engagement of over 100 medical doctors in the last six months.

http://www.nannewsngr.com/section/healthgender/association-raises-alarm-over-chronic-shortage-of-doctors-in-nigeria

ASSOCIATION RAISES ALARM OVER CHRONIC SHORTAGE OF DOCTORS IN NIGERIA

May 23, 2013 15:17

Association raises alarm over chronic shortage of doctors in Nigeria

Lagos, May 23, 2013 (NAN) The Association of Resident Doctors (ARD) on Thursday raised alarm over 'chronic' shortage of doctors in the country's health sector.

http://www.40minutesng.com/2013/06/24/nma-urges-fg-to-address-shortage-of-qualified-doctors/

NMA URGES FG TO ADDRESS SHORTAGE OF QUALIFIED DOCTORS
By Editor / 24 June 2013 / 3 comments
The Nigeria Medical Association, NMA has called on the Federal Government to address the problem of shortage of qualified medical doctors in government hospitals.

SHORT ANSWER: BRAIN DRAIN. grin Look at your brain drain rates and you have your answer, as well as a million questions after that - which I don't have the time to ask right now.

SHORT QUESTION: WHICH FIRST WORLD COUNTRY DOES NOT ATTRACT FOREIGN PROFESSIONALS? JUST ONE EXAMPLE PLEASE? kiss

Your MBA was dreamt up. Go get your dreams back.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 2:30am On Jul 13, 2013
I always forget to remind andrewza that he's a star on some other forum.check this.
www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2345750
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:36am On Jul 13, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: I always forget to remind andrewza that he's a star on some other forum.check this.

Hezrooooon !!!!! na waah o ! smiley www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2345750

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:38am On Jul 13, 2013

Actually, you're behind. But in typical Naai-gerian fashion, you think you're ahead. That's what happens when you've achieved nothing as a nation. You think every single thing is an achievement, even when it's not.

It is claimed the balloon will be used in Abuja. Do you seriously think a civilised country would be so backward as to have a balloon hover above a whole city unhindered like you Naai-gerians have proposed? Really?

Warrantless spying is a no-no in democratic, civilised countries. Clearly, Naai-geria doesn't fall within that category. Not that we didn't know that anyway. cool

The US uses the balloons on vanquished nations and would never freely use spy balloons in the US, ever.

You Naai-gerian backward lot know nothing about rights to privacy, clearly. 100 years behind the curve, non?

Totally uncivilised is Naai-geria and it's citizens are none the wiser. Look at how happy they are to be spied on by their own government grin grin grin. Which other country would behave like this?

We all know that you can't use your phantom balloons over any other country's air space. You don't have the clout. Your spy ballons are meant for Naai-geria - well, if you ever build them, that is! Beeeeg EEEEEF grin So much for being a modern democracy!

See below and have fun.

Spy drones and balloons are currently being debated in the US, amid fierce arguments against grin

---------------

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/06/ohio-bill-would-nullify-warrantless-drone-spying/

Ohio Bill Would Nullify Warrantless Drone Spying

House Bill 207 was introduced in response to law enforcement agencies seeking to purchase and use unmanned aerial vehicles, commonly referred to as drones.

“As this technology continues to become more prevalent, the state of Ohio must be vigilant in seeing that drones are used only in circumstances that specifically protect public safety,” Damschroder stated. “HB 207 ensures that law enforcement agencies are only using drone technology for appropriate reasons. We have all watched over the past few weeks how technology could potentially be used by government agencies to violate our privacy and conduct unwarranted surveillance. We need to do everything possible to prevent a Big Brother society where government exerts too much control of our lives or has too much access to our private information.”

http://beforeitsnews.com/libertarian/2013/06/help-nullify-warrantless-drone-spying-in-pennsylvania-2509758.html

Pennsylvania House Bill 961 is a bill to nullify warrantless drone spying. It is currently in the Judiciary Committee and needs your action to help it move forward. HB961 requires that a judge sign an order for the use of a drone for surveillance purposes during a criminal investigation or unless prior consent was given. [...]

http://beforeitsnews.com/libertarian/2013/06/new-texas-law-bans-warrantless-drone-spying-2510852.html

New Texas Law Bans Warrantless Drone Spying

-------------------------

Syria shoots it down

http://en.shafaqna.com/other-services/articles/item/15766-syria-shoots-down-balloon-carrying-us-made-spying-devices-near-idlib.html

Afghans are vanquished and abused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJs8Ea6XvCw
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 13, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: ...

Hezron, why post photos of brits? No need now. This is an african militaries thread. Only post photos of african militaries can be posted here. I can assure you that the brits have more than 100 000 modern photos of the militaries in iraq and afghanistan and as such do not need our publicity.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 13, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: I always forget to remind andrewza that he's a star on some other forum.check this.

That's @andrew and @agaugust. We've seen a similar thread before. I believe last year.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:29am On Jul 13, 2013
Nigerian army special forces amphibious brigade

Nigerian infantry man in mali

Nigerian navy SBS

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:31am On Jul 13, 2013

And how could you possibly know the capabilities of SA's spy networks? You're saying you have the best spy network based on what exactly? National Intelligence Agency and the South African Secret Service they just sit around doing nothing? You dont know what equipment and resources they have because their budgets are classified,let alone what they spend those budgets on..... so there's no way to compare. Ex Intelligence Minister openly said SA has the capability to perform large scale tapping and hacking, and it is indeed done as well as spying on other countries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:16am On Jul 13, 2013
saengine:

And how could you possibly know the capabilities of SA's spy networks? Ex Intelligence Minister openly said SA has the capability to perform large scale tapping and hacking, and it is indeed done as well as spying on other countries.

so tapping local peoples telephone lines and internet of peoples home in johannesburg is the way south african military spy network will spy on enemy forces in a country versus country international war zone at deep sea, high altitude air, and vast mass of land to see enemy armoured vehicles, battalions of soldiers, navy warships at sea, jet fighters in the air like nigerian satellites and spy balloons can do ?

you really lost, south africa really lost out to nigeria in strategic military spy capability. nigeria is the ruler of africa in that area, please accept it and dont commit s.uicide
, your wife is waiting for you at home, go hug her, dont hug electricity transformer . grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:26am On Jul 13, 2013
agaugust:

so tapping local peoples telephone lines and internet of peoples home in johannesburg is the way south african military spy network will spy on enemy forces in a country versus country international war zone at deep sea, high altitude air, and vast mass of land to see enemy armoured vehicles, battalions of soldiers, navy warships at sea, jet fighters in the air like nigerian satellites and spy balloons can do ?

you really lost, south africa really lost out to nigeria in strategic military spy capability. nigeria is the ruler of africa in that area, please accept it and dont commit s.uicide
, your wife is waiting for you at home, go hug her, dont hug electricity transformer . grin grin

Weak argument.

You're all coming on here to celebrate a spying system that civilised nations are rejecting. Warrantless spying over general populations is backward.

There's nothing strategic about flying a balloon - assuming you ever will get to that stage. Your balloon will never fly over any other country's air space. What enemies? It's meant to spy on Naai-gerians! undecided

South Africans will never allow their government to do that. Heck, every democratic, civilized country will reject that. You're behind the curve of progress.

Strategic intelligence is about finding ways to avoid the brazen barbarism that's proposed in Naai-geria. Not that you'd know anything about that. You're Naai-gerian, after all. No societal foundations in that place.

Let DMC tune you straight. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVNzmb_eWyI
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:18am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 13, 2013
CraigB:

Weak argument.

You're all coming on here to celebrate a spying system that civilised nations are rejecting. Warrantless spying over general populations is backward.

There's nothing strategic about flying a balloon - assuming you ever will get to that stage. Your balloon will never fly over any other country's air space. What enemies? It's meant to spy on Naai-gerians! undecided

South Africans will never allow their government to do that. Heck, every democratic, civilized country will reject that. You're behind the curve of progress.

Strategic intelligence is about finding ways to avoid the brazen barbarism that's proposed in Naai-geria. Not that you'd know anything about that. You're Naai-gerian, after all. No societal foundations in that place.

this guy is dumb lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 9:03am On Jul 13, 2013
agaugust:

[/size]

You are highlighting the facts that I am basically sifting through from a dossier by an internal source. They'll hide these facts as always with pictures of nice buildings.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2013
CraigB:

Weak argument.

Spy balloons are not Armed Drones. Spy balloons are not systems/network wide computer hacking and surveillance or eavesdropping like you appear to suggest in your comment. Clearly you reason and talk like a juvenile. The strategic deployment for war/conflict surveillance must be beyond your 33% comprehension. Lack of strategic military intel capabilities in SANDF should by now be a source of worry for you SAns. This is a big salute to the warped and barbaric stoneage societal foundations deeply entrenched in your South Africa. Just keep blabbing. It's your folly in full display again.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2013
scipher: this guy is dumb lipsrsealed

DUMB as a lemming.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 13, 2013
chris365:

DUMB as a donkey.

Chris, you can't fix stupid. Their are so many illiterate nairaland members. As you can see on that thread you are arguing in, some peeps are well beyond saving.

If not for the fact that I got banned in the main board of the politics section, I would have schooled a lot of their ignorant brains (some fvcker called the president a retardeen, like they always do, and I replied saying "his worthless thug of a father is a retardeen". I got slammed with a 4 days ban).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 10:07am On Jul 13, 2013
CraigB:

Respected? What is your academic ranking? I can give you Stellenbosch's academic ranking.

Don't give us a statement that no one can quantify. Academically, where are you ranked in the world? Numbers please. Not words.

You said our military "is too slow to run an institution ". I was all too happy to show you that America does it like South Africa. Same academic system for military studies. So, AMERICAn defence are too slow to run an institution too? undecided

You spoke too soon and now you're in a sticky situation. May I please have your academic ranking as well as your internationally published, peer reviewed papers.

Ignorance is your greatest problem. My silence on this matter is for a reason. Materials at our disposal cannot be used here verbatim. I am still trying to extract what is possible in order to give you guys a quick run down without a compromise to operational identities and internal sources. Just be patient. All I can say for now is that you have beautiful buildings filled with more foreign manpower -- lecturers and postgraduate (masters, doctoral, and post doctoral) students/candidates than your local South Africans in a roughly 7:3 ratio. Without them your rankings would be nothing to write home about. On the surface your NRF database can give you some insight on authors of published research work and patents. Yes, the authors' University or institution takes the credit ... but the intellectual output and quality of research remain each author/researcher's personal effort (foreign effort).

Having said this, the story of the current rankings of SA universities cannot be divorced from the influence and effort of foreign faculty members who constitute close to 60-70% of SA's academic workforce. Refute this at your own peril.

Take a look here for starters:
================================================
http://allafrica.com/stories/200910210423.html
http://www.ngopulse.org/press-release/south-africa-needs-thousands-more-and-better-teachers-every-year
http://www.africa-platform.org/resources/nigerias-technical-aid-corps-pearl-south-south-cooperation

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 13, 2013
The Nigerian Army has taken many giant steps of recently by producing surveillance vehicles, refurbishing some armoured personnel carriers (APC’s)and armoured fighting vehicles and inventing an anti-malaria drug called ‘Nartel’.

These were made known on Tuesday at the monthly press briefing by the Director, Army Public Relations Department, Brig-Gen Attahiru Ibrahim; excerpts:

The Nigerian Army recently produced a 25km Range Surveillance Transplant Vehicle which was initiated by 51 Division Signal army. The vehicle is expected to assist the Nigerian Army in gathering intelligence in the field during operations. It is heart warming to note that this equipment has been deployed to the AFISMA operations in Mali.

The Nigerian army has equally carried out the refurbishment of several Armoured Personnel Carriers and Armoured Fighting Vehicles at the Special Vehicle Plant in Bauchi. This was achieved through greater involvement of personnel of the NAEME. The optimum utilization of our personnel in this regard forms part of the transformation agenda which is defined in line with their national interest, perception and projections.

Furthermore, the Nigerian Army Small Drug Manufacturing Unit (NASDMU), recently invented an anti – malaria drug known as “Nartel”.  This drug was launched on 2 April, 2013 by the Honourable Minister of State for Defence with the COAS in attendance.

This new drug is affordable and available to all Nigerians as approved by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration Control (NAFDAC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).  It is a new drug that fights malaria and provides solutions to commonly known non-resistant malaria drugs.   By this development, this drug will curtail malaria, not only among troops and their families and by extension, the larger society.

Culled from leadership.com.ng

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 10:14am On Jul 13, 2013
Henry120:

Chris, you can't fix st.upid. Their are so many illiterate nairaland members. As you can see on that thread you are arguing in, some peeps are well beyond saving.

If not for the fact that I got banned in the main board of the politics section, I would have schooled a lot of their ignorant brains (some fvcker called the president a retardeen, like they always do, and I replied saying "his worthless thug of a father is a retardeen". I got slammed with a 4 days ban).

lol.. the thing dey vex me die.
a man can't know everything but it makes it worse when an ignorant person refuses to learn from the little a more enlightened person knows.

and to think that's the kind of people saengine used to back his argument undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 10:26am On Jul 13, 2013
Henry120:
The Nigerian Army recently produced a 25km Range Surveillance Transplant Vehicle which was initiated by 51 Division Signal army. The vehicle is expected to assist the Nigerian Army in gathering intelligence in the field during operations. It is heart warming to note that this equipment has been deployed to the AFISMA operations in Mali.

i've been hearing about this for some time now. you get any pic?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by dragon2(m): 10:37am On Jul 13, 2013
Henry120:

That's @andrew and @agaugust. We've seen a similar thread before. I believe last year.
probably this forum; http://www.topix.net/forum/world/ethiopia/TULKPD32V7L6CKLA4/p26
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kwametut: 10:54am On Jul 13, 2013
@Agaust
DON'T LIE, SOUTH AFRICA HAS MORE CUBAN AND SADC DOCTORS THAN NIGERIA DOCTORS. I CAN BRING U STATS, EVEN nairaland HAS THREADS ABOUT. WHERE A NIGERIAN MEDICAL GRADUATE WAS dissapointed TO SEE THAT S.A. LOOKS DOWN ON NIGERIAN DOCTORS.

I CAN TELL U THE FEW WE HAVE ARE "YORUBA SPEAKERS" THAN "IGBOS".

BY THE WAY SOUTH AFRICAN(of all colours) AS WELL HAS DOCTORS OVERSEAS. THEY MAKE MAJORITY OF AFRICAN DOCTORS IN NORTH AMERICA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.