Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,962 members, 7,838,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4453177 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
Our boys on point.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
More

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
saengine:

Yes. We love killing kids.
zuma must be proud undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: ...

Loving these photos to death meeeeen!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
scipher: zuma must be proud undecided

Unlike Nigerian troops SA troops dont have time to ask for birth certificates and identity documents from rebels shooting at them. I guess Nigerian troops 1st ask for documents before shooting back. I dont know undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
saengine:

Unlike Nigerian troops SA troops dont have time to ask for birth certificates and identity documents from rebels shooting at them. I guess Nigerian troops 1st ask for documents before shooting back. I dont know undecided

More of the same comedy coming from SAns.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

More of the same comedy coming from SAns.

Stupid questions deserve stupid replies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Spy balloons are not Armed Drones. Spy balloons are not systems/network wide computer hacking and surveillance or eavesdropping like you appear to suggest in your comment.

Which goes to show that your and your Naai-gerian brothers are talking for the sake of talking. Scipher too is clueless.

No one's saying they are armed drones. Spy balloons fall under the category of warrantless spying methods.

Because of their range, they spy over whole populations and aren't selective. That's the point. .

Now you Neanderthals are celebrating that, like true Naai-gerians. The world says no to warrantless spying by their own governments and you uncivilized lot say "Yes, please government. This is an achievement. Spy on us!"

Look - you don't even understand what the issue is about warrantless spying. All you people that have responded to me. Typical Naai-gerians. Clueless.

I repeat. South Africa is not a ghetto. We are a democracy and we will not have spy balloons hover above cities. Only Naai-geria could do something like that over Abuja. Naai-geria has no foundations and the voters know nothing about their own rights.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2013

[size=16pt] nigeria sends teachers to help south african education system

http://allafrica.com/stories/200910210423.html

[/size]

this is a good gesture to help the south african society develop its educational system. one of the problems i have said before is the low level of education of south african soldiers at the lower ranks...the private to sergeant ranks called the file.

it is very necessary to analyse a country's level of local masses education because it determines the intelligence level of the average combat soldier, and the size of new recruits that can be available in emergency for short military training before going to battle front in case of national war emergency like a major enemy invasion.

nigeria can help south africa in this area especially with nigerian NYSC corp members all of whom have BSc degrees, nigeria has millions of these boys who already have paramilitary training under the nigerian army trainers at NYSC camps.
these provide a large pool of fresh recruits into nigerian army in time of national emergency because their high level education makes it easy to train them for war by just upgrading their paramilitary training to military.

this is one of the reasons i believe nigeria can rapidly expand to build a one million man army in one month os national emergency of war, like a major enemy invasion.

GidiNaijaPikin:

Ignorance is your greatest problem. My silence on this matter is for a reason. Materials at our disposal cannot be used here verbatim. I am still trying to extract what is possible in order to give you guys a quick run down without a compromise to operational identities and internal sources. Just be patient. All I can say for now is that you have beautiful buildings filled with more foreign manpower -- lecturers and postgraduate (masters, doctoral, and post doctoral) students/candidates than your local South Africans in a roughly 7:3 ratio. Without them your rankings would be nothing to write home about. On the surface your NRF database can give you some insight on authors of published research work and patents. Yes, the authors' University or institution takes the credit ... but the intellectual output and quality of research remain each author/researcher's personal effort (foreign effort).

Having said this, the story of the current rankings of SA universities cannot be divorced from the influence and effort of foreign faculty members who constitute close to 60-70% of SA's academic workforce. Refute this at your own peril.

Take a look here for starters:
================================================
http://www.ngopulse.org/press-release/south-africa-needs-thousands-more-and-better-teachers-every-year
http://www.africa-platform.org/resources/nigerias-technical-aid-corps-pearl-south-south-cooperation
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: abeg,make I hear word,abi na sentence.
You seem to have left another interesting point of arguement.
Invasion of privacy or not.you need not be told that the government(federal) would always have a certain amount of supremacy on any state laws and can breach it unhindered.
You say US only uses those balloons on other nations of interest,but u forgot that the US has the world's largest database on all its citizens.meaning privacy is only determined when you are not a potential threat to the state.
The CIA still keeps records of phone calls and online transactions of selected few citizens even though it has coverage over all americans.but it targets only potential threats.
The US is wise enough to know that no matter how powerful it is,it still can't manage records of every movement and actions any american does.its knows that can crash the US.
U speak of privacy,the ballons have missions,they are not designed to manouver over the entire Nigerian airspace,that's a total waste of resources.
They would be deployed to strategic areas only.
The SSS can track any line,access any communication portal without needing graphic imagery of locations.the satelites are also still up and functioning.
In case of necessity,the ballons are strategic to their purpose,they serve short term needs,satelites serve long term needs.
Any citizens privacy isn't affected by UAV's,Spy balloons,Satelites,or moles.if you have a clean slate,then you need not worry about the govt launching monitoring or surveillance programmes.
No matter any state law.the directive of the presidency on National Security over-rules the application of any such laws.

Before we go to far, let's recognise that your first response to me was foo*lish. You spoke without thinking and now you try to give me a detailed response. What happened? You suddenly found something to respond to?

Now, all you people that have been celebrating this supposed balloon have been telling us about its range and how it helps to spy over large territories. Not so?

The fact is -wherever the range of the ballon reaches, there will be warrantless spying over populations in that area. There's no strategy in that. How do you spy selectively over an area where the balloon flies? You can't. By its very nature, a spy balloon falls under warrantless spying methods. That is the issue.

Now show me one civilised nation that would be happy with a balloon flying over its own population. Mission or no mission. Just one civilised country, please. You won't find any.

You Naai-gerians are celebrating this. Like, how silly can a people be - to celebrate something like that as an achievement?

Show me one US person that will say: "Yes, government - spy on me anytime you want and however you want to do it?" Bring on the balloon!

Intelligent spying requires finesse and hard work. There's no finesse in flying a balloon over your own people. It's barbaric. Finesse is in finding other ways. Governments do spy. However, we as general populations don't have to make their lives easier by celebrating warrantless spying. That's what you Naai-gerians are doing and in the process, you're coming a cross as a backward people.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
saengine: Yes. We love killing kids.

no wonder you agreed to put your son's head directly in front of nigerian 105mm artillery gun you called 'useless' grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
saengine: http://www.beeld.com/nuus/2013-07-13-sa-wys-wie-is-baas

Its in Afrikaans. So i didnt post originally.

another south african news source ? why ? dont foreign media ever visit and make direct reports from south african battle fronts ? nigerian army showed VOA news around b.oko h.aram battle zones to get free and unbiased news for the outside world.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
agaugust:

another south african news source ? why ? dont foreign media ever visit and make direct reports from south african battle fronts ? nigerian army showed VOA news around b.oko h.aram battle zones to get free and unbiased news for the outside world.

No one is stopping foreign media from going to DRC. You can even go if you want to, and report for nairaland.com. I'll buy you a ticket.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
agaugust: .

[size=16pt] nigeria sends teachers to help south african education system

[/size]

this is a good gesture to help the south african society develop its educational system. one of the problems i have said before is the low level of education of south african soldiers at the lower ranks...the private to sergeant ranks called the file.
[b]

Oh is that so? Naai-geria's brain drain is now called a "good gesture". The fact is your teachers would rather be in South Africa and not Naai-geria. Heck, your teachers would rather be in any other country but Naai-geria.

You can't afford to export any teachers grin, but you do still. You can't hold on to them. cheesy

Better countries always poach professionals from poor countries. That's what happens when you don't improve your own systems. You currently lack teachers yourselves, yet you still export them? undecided

_________

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/nigeria-news/4555-fg-lacks-funds-to-pay-teachers-outstanding-allowance.html

FG lacks funds to pay teachers outstanding allowance

The Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, has said the Federal Government lacks funds to pay teachers the outstanding allowance of N1.44 billion owed them for the 2011 Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) training programme.
- See more at: http://news.onlinenigeria.com/nigeria-news/4555-fg-lacks-funds-to-pay-teachers-outstanding-allowance.html#sthash.FWjIE6mg.dpuf

NIGERIA LACKS EMPLOYABLE TEACHERS

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/education/19724-nigeria-lacks-employable-teachers

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/02/contending-with-teacher-shortage-in-public-private-schools/

More challenges may confront the Nigerian education sector as primary, secondary schools currently encounter problem of shortage of teachers. The ugly development is incidentally noticed across the country. The trend is more pronounced in public schools because of the increase in children’s enrolment.

-------------

Oh, and your 2009 article grin is in direct agreement with the above. What happened since 2009 anyway, given that in 2013, reports say that you still have shortages? grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: am sorry bout this mistake.I clicked on the wrong picture folder and didn't have time to correct it.
I wanted to post pictures from NADCEL 2013.

thats awesome nigerian army 'kung-fu' photos. reminds me of jackie chan !

this is the difference between the 3 great *****ia armies of africa, and the rest who have no muscle

the 3 great *****ia armies of africa are :

Niger ia

Ethiop ia

Alger ia

these are the best infantry soldiers in africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
...!b

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
CraigB:

Which goes to show that your and your Naai-gerian brothers are talking for the sake of talking. Scipher too is clueless.

No one's saying they are. Spy balloons fall under the category of warrantless spying systems.

Because of their range, they spy over whole populations and aren't selective. That's the point. .

Now you Neanderthals are celebrating that, like true Naai-gerians. The world says no to warrantless spying by their own governments and you uncivilized lot say "Yes, please government. This is an achievement. Spy on us!"

Look - you don't even understand what the issue is about warrantless spying. All you people that have responded to me. Typical Naai-gerians. Clueless.

I repeat. South Africa is not a ghetto. We are a democracy and we will not have spy balloons hover above cities. Only Naai-geria could do something like that over Abuja. Naai-geria has no foundations and the voters know nothing about their own rights.

then you need to defend your rights by first protesting for a refund of your school fees. cos your education is a waste.

for your information, spy balloons don't spy on your calls, emails. they are like satellites "for monitoring major activities in specific areas". it doesn't cover the country.

surely your S.TUPID head should know it was built to monitor activities in troubled spots especially in some northern parts due to boko haram's tactics of open gathering and to monitor any possibility of setting up camps.

we defended our rights when we found out that our government was about to spy on our internet activities and calls and the program was canceled.
what do you understand by counter insurgency measures you this DUMB LEMMING.

other governments chose to invade their citizen's privacy by monitoring their personal lives, we decided that ours should just monitor movements in open spaces while we still get to keep our lives private.

do you think if south africa was to face it's own islamic insurgency your government would not seek it's own measures to counter it even if you don't allow it?

do spy balloons monitor your calls?
do spy balloons monitor your e-mails?
do spy balloons monitor your activities inside your house through your CCTV?

the level of threats a country faces calls for extra measures to counter such threats.
how to you think US, Britain and France manage to counter the threats of terrorism they face?

gosh you don't have brains at all.

just because south africa doesn't operate a spy balloon doesn't make it a bad equipment for intelligence gathering.
anyway, that's how you south africans always reason "if we don't have it, it is a wrong equipment"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
CraigB:

No one's saying they are. Spy balloons fall under the category of warrantless spying systems.

You are lost inside your rear-end! In which world do you live in? Our use of the spy balloons are warranted for spatial information gathering in places/locations of military interest in wartime and other special situations as the military intelligence commanders deem fit. You seem so terrified by the word "spy" hence the tantrums about "warrantless" spying! Something you have no clue about. The President and the military commanders give warrant for spy ops whenever necessary ... a common practice the world over! It's the game of being ahead of your enemies.

Any perceived threat to Nigeria's national security interests is a trigger for deployment of intelligence/spy operations. Your 33% brain cannot figure out the fact that spying - better referred to as intelligence gathering - is so complex that being a democracy becomes an irrelevant talking point? Talking about ghetto nature, the link below is a pointer to the local nature of your SA spy and intelligence agencies.

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-06-21-00-spy-wars-south-africa-is-not-innocent

You'll need to deal with your hypocrisy and delusions rather than bringing up unrelated issues about voters and rights into the debates. But do bare in mind that the EFF will be romancing your clueless 33% brained voters very soon.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
saengine:

No one is stopping foreign media from going to DRC. You can even go if you want to, and report for nairaland.com. I'll buy you a ticket.

Buy yourself a train ticket to Soweto before dreaming of getting a plane ticket for someone!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:00pm On Jul 13, 2013

[size=16pt] Field Marshal Goodluck Jonathan of Africa[/size]

5 star commander-in-chief

[img]http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/wp-content/themes/sahifa/timthumb.php?src=/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/PIC-7-NADCEL.jpg&h=330&w=660&a=c[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
CraigB:

Now show me one civilised nation that would be happy with a balloon flying over its own population. Mission or no mission. Just one civilised country, please. You won't find any.

AMERICA
BRITAIN
FRANCE
CHINA

i listed these countries because what they do is worse than having spy balloons. to the extent that they spy on your government and country and so far your government is too chicken to speak against it or should i say "defend what you term as democrazy"

these countries don't need spy balloons in their skies because what they operate is more advanced and more barbaric than spy balloons. would you call them civilized for that?

i'll never stop calling you S.TUPID cos you haven't given me a reason to.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

You are lost inside your rear-end! In which world do you live in? Our use of the spy balloons are warranted for spatial information gathering in places/locations of military interest in wartime and other special situations as the military intelligence commanders deem fit. You seem so terrified by the word "spy" hence the tantrums about "warrantless" spying! Something you have no clue about. The President and the military commanders give warrant for spy ops whenever necessary ... a common practice the world over! It's the game of being ahead of your enemies.

Any perceived threat to Nigeria's national security interests is a trigger for deployment of intelligence/spy operations. Your 33% brain cannot figure out the fact that spying - better referred to as intelligence gathering - is so complex that being a democracy becomes an irrelevant talking point? Talking about ghetto nature, the link below is a pointer to the local nature of your SA spy and intelligence agencies.

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-06-21-00-spy-wars-south-africa-is-not-innocent

You'll need to deal with your hypocrisy and delusions rather than bringing up unrelated issues about voters and rights into the debates. But do bare in mind that the EFF will be romancing your clueless 33% brained voters very soon.

I repeat- governments do spy. The trick is to find finesse. Please - do us all a favour and find a South African who celebrates being spied on like your backward Naai-gerian lot do. Just one South African please.

You mail & guardian article proves my point. South Africans don't take kindly to being spied on willy-nilly.Our media exposes it and we have the opportunity to confront government. So, yes - thank you for the article. The very South African article cool. We can all agree, that given the article alone, the SA government couldn't get away with a balloon over Joburg.

That how civilised nations respond to warrantless spying. But noooo, not in Naai-geria! Citizens themselves say : "we'll done government! Please fly a balloon over us and spy on us". They celebrate it.

The fact that Naai-geria cannot find a more civilise way to deal with its perceived threats is an indictment to the country. The fact that your Naai-gerians celebrate the barbaric zeppelin balloon is an indictment to all Naai-gerians.

Oh, please make up your mind. Decide whether the balloon is a space thing or spy thing. Do let us know.

Before I forget, your 33% quip has long lost its potency. You need another one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
chris365:

AMERICA
BRITAIN
FRANCE
CHINA

i listed these countries because what they do is worse than having spy balloons. to the extent that they spy on your government and country and so far your government is too chicken to speak against it or should i say "defend what you term as democrazy"

these countries don't need spy balloons in their skies because what they operate is more advanced and more barbaric than spy balloons. would you call them civilized for that?

i'll never stop calling you S.TUPID cos you haven't given me a reason to.

I said show me a civilised nation that has spy balloons hover over their own populations! You are wasting my time.

And since when does china get categorised as a first world country?

Never mind that, since when do smart people have the time to debate with s*tupid people? Do you really think I care if I'm called st*upid by a Naai-gerian, of all creations? grin. What matters to me is what I write for readers. Not what some Naai-gerian creation thinks about my level of intelligence. I'm not here to win over your approval. On the contrary...

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
chris365:

just because south africa doesn't operate a spy balloon doesn't make it a bad equipment for intelligence gathering.
anyway, that's how you south africans always reason "if we don't have it, it is a wrong equipment"

grin just because south africa doesn't operate a spy balloon doesn't make it a bad equipment for intelligence gathering.
anyway, that's how you south africans always reason "if we don't have it, it is a wrong equipment" grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin:

Buy yourself a train ticket to Soweto before dreaming of getting a plane ticket for someone!

Yes 007. Because you've hacked into my ABSA bank account and know my bank balance. Focus on your secret mission in Africa and when you come back home to SA i'll buy you a few beers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 6:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
CraigB:

Oh is that so? Naai-geria's brain drain is now called a "good gesture". The fact is your teachers would rather be in South Africa and not Naai-geria. Heck, your teachers would rather be in any other country but Naai-geria.

You can't afford to export any teachers grin, but you do still. You can't hold on to them. cheesy

Better countries always poach professionals from poor countries. That's what happens when you don't improve your own systems. You currently lack teachers yourselves, yet you still export them? undecided

_________

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/nigeria-news/4555-fg-lacks-funds-to-pay-teachers-outstanding-allowance.html

FG lacks funds to pay teachers outstanding allowance

The Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, has said the Federal Government lacks funds to pay teachers the outstanding allowance of N1.44 billion owed them for the 2011 Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) training programme.
- See more at: http://news.onlinenigeria.com/nigeria-news/4555-fg-lacks-funds-to-pay-teachers-outstanding-allowance.html#sthash.FWjIE6mg.dpuf

NIGERIA LACKS EMPLOYABLE TEACHERS

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/education/19724-nigeria-lacks-employable-teachers

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/02/contending-with-teacher-shortage-in-public-private-schools/

More challenges may confront the Nigerian education sector as primary, secondary schools currently encounter problem of shortage of teachers. The ugly development is incidentally noticed across the country. The trend is more pronounced in public schools because of the increase in children’s enrolment.

-------------

Oh, and your 2009 article grin is in direct agreement with the above. What happened since 2009 anyway, given that in 2013, reports say that you still have shortages? grin

You never stop to outdo yourself just as you always fail to address/rebut the salient points instead choosing to digress.

Point is ... SA's nice university buildings are meant for the hot brains and intellectual minds from outside of South Africa to help improve the your local dull brains from its current 33% levels. You fail to address the perennial teachers strikes across South Africa and the books delivery failure of your education sector managers to the Limpopo Province -- one of the dullest population centres in South Africa.

Nigeria is never in short supply of academic/intellectual manpower ... they come-off the production line every year and get introduced to the system via our profound NYSC Corp programme.

We can take this further! Try again.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
agaugust:

grin just because south africa doesn't operate a spy balloon doesn't make it a bad equipment for intelligence gathering.
anyway, that's how you south africans always reason "if we don't have it, it is a wrong equipment" grin

Of course it's the wrong equipment for our nation. We would never allow the government to use it. It will never fly over Joburg or Cape Town. South Africa isn't a ghetto that flies balloons over its cities.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
saengine:

Yes 007. Because you've hacked into my ABSA bank account and know my bank balance. Focus on your secret mission in Africa and when you come back home to SA i'll buy you a few beers.

Another poor attempt at being a comedian! You sound desperately eager to get a free beer from me! Pathetic fellow calling his piggy-bank/coin box a bank. My children have better bank balances to show.

I no fit laugh abeg!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.