Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,511 members, 7,854,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:05 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4461711 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
agaugust:

another south african war lies propaganda seleka style from a south african fraudulent source...the fake SANDF sniper k.ill in the story/source you quoted d.estroyed the credibility of the whole story and source...FAILED !!! FRAUD !!!
shocked shocked shocked

You no problem trusting SA sources when it suits you. You all all so still belvie that the leader BH is dead even though the only source is the nigerian milltary and it is actualy doubted. Not to menstion you were never able to proofe any propergander from the CAR reports. In other words just because you don't like it does not mean it is not true SA media is rated has highly indpended and has no need to make up love storys about the SANDF.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
It's Naai-geria that is a dangerous country for journalists. Not South Africa. That explains the Naai-gerian confusion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
agaugust:

[size=16pt]south african army R.apes women in Congo DRC : pretoria's government agrees to crimes.[/size]

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2013-06-14-peacekeepers-behaving-badly-why-south-african-ill-discipline-in-drc-is-a-un-problem/#.UiNJ0TbOlPI

...but i dey do am too....zuma

And they(all 4 of them) were punished unlike nigerians who comite abuses. Hell even india did not punsh there solders and it was over 100.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2013

NOW TRENDING...current topic on worlds forums...How a small Tanzania Now Orders big South Africa Around In Congo DRC

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
zaandrew: http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/SA-forces-play-key-role-in-DRC-20130901

Pretoria - South African soldiers have been at the forefront of attacks on rebels in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo and were instrumental, along with a UN force, in repelling the M23 rebels as they rained rockets on the town of Goma.

The Sunday Times reported that a visit to the front line at Kibumba on Saturday, made it possible to piece together the events of last week. South African National Defence Force commander Colonel Patrick Dube also confirmed that his troops played a leading role in repelling the rebels.

Congolese troops said support from South African troops had been invaluable. “We fought with the South Africans yesterday and today,” said one soldier near the frontline on Thursday.

Local commanders said the number of South African soldiers wounded had risen to five, but SANDF spokesperson Brigadier General Xolani Mabanga said yesterday the official figure remained at three.

After a lull of almost a month, fresh fighting broke out recently when the rebels attacked Congolese army positions outside Goma. The battle erupted in earnest on Wednesday when the rebels launched another bid to take Goma. Throughout Wednesday, Russian Hind attack helicopters, supported by South African Oryx helicopters, flew sorties over the enemy positions.

The air attacks were supported by Tanzanian artillery and South African mortar and reconnaissance teams. South African snipers reportedly killed six rebel commanders. Later in the day, a S[b]outh African C130 Hercules transport aircraft landed at Goma, bringing in more ammunition[/b].

The region is reportedly on a knife-edge, which is threatening to escalate into an all-out war.

Why are they even arguing, still?

Oh, I know, the green monster whispers in their ear : "Don't accept the truth. Keep on being an idïot."
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
agaugust:

ships flight deck size is NOT measured by photos and eye sight, it is measured by a meter rule.....fool grin !

NNS Thunder flight deck 24m. Mi-35 Hind full size 18m.....fool grin !

nice to hear you cooked lots of food for your nigerian masters at the naval base....senior chef.

CASE CLOSED grin

I was puting it in cotects. And how long are a hinds rotor blades, how much room for a misstake is there. Basicaly you can't land a hind there. No pilot would take the chance. Just one mistake, one swell and you could loose the ship and choper. It is funny that some one who has never seen NNS thunder up close and has zero martime training wants to argue with some one who has both.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
agaugust: .

NOW TRENDING...current topic on worlds forums...How Small Tanzania Now Orders big South Africa Around In Congo DRC

Our comrades in the DRC.

Your post explains why you failed to work with other people in Mali and acted like overgrown babies. You then ran away home for a beating by BH.

This by the way is the reason why you can't even build your country. You can't collaborate as a people in Naai-geria.

The land of empty "big" ogas at the top.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by swankyvodamail: 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2013

NOW TRENDING...current topic on worlds forums...How Tanzania Now Orders South Africa Around In Congo DRC

Your coward toy soldiers who are afraid to die they enlist vigilantes to fight on their behalfs-BH even take their weapons vehicles and Uniforms shame on the cowards they must all face a firing squad
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2013

[size=16pt]Rusty Tanzania's army AK-47 rifles now protect South African DENEL R-4 rifle armed soldiers in Congo DRC

suggestion: DENEL should now use Tanzanian soldiers to market its weapons overseas...winners make good marketing[/size]

Those are far from rusty, no tanzian protected any south african and the tanzian speciol forces uses a carbin version of the galil. The R serries is based on the galil. So the tanzian SF uses a wepaon our reguler solders use.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
Algerian su-27

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
Algeria

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
Dragunov
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
zaandrew: Dragunov

yeah.. still very much preferred choice
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2013

NOW TRENDING...current topic on worlds forums...How a small Tanzania Now Orders big South Africa Around In Congo DRC

I can't believe this stupidity.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
9ja wink

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
Msauza:

I can't believe this stupidity.

where's the lie there.. ode
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
Obodo people! E be like say today wey I prepare to follow dis mumu people talk real talk na im Seun Osewa decide to give me close-marking! grin grin Two times na im bros Seun say make I no talk the things wey dey me for mind! I go try play jeje with this my last name ... so make una dey hammer dem well-well. I wan edit the things wey dey make Seun vex. grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
KDF

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
chris365:

yeah.. still very much preferred choice

not for distance but for mid range combat it is a good weapon, for distance most countries choose the Accuracy International series of rifles, there supper magnum holds the longest distance kill shot.

you can make a FN fal in to a good mid range sniper rifel

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
GidiNaijaPikin: Obodo people! E be like say today wey I prepare to follow dis mumu people talk real talk na im Seun Osewa decide to give me close-marking! grin grin Two times na im bros Seun say make I no talk the things wey dey me for mind! I go try play jeje with this my last name ... so make una dey hammer dem well-well. I wan edit the things wey dey make Seun vex. grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

he don do me tire.. na why i just dey post photos make him eye comot for my side grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
zaandrew:

not for distance but for mid range combat it is a good weapon, for distance most countries choose the Accuracy International series of rifles, there supper magnum holds the longest distance kill shot.

you can make a FN fal in to a good mid range sniper rifel

yeah, reminds me of our snipers using FN fal in somalia.. Nigerian military no be today o grin

we like to go close than from afar like your cowards grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
chris365:

yeah, reminds me of our snipers using FN fal in somalia.. Nigerian military no be today o grin

typically the FN sniper is a spotters weapon, like the M14 sniper.

Urban sniping is by it's nature a close in thing, even so one of our snipers (the one who got wounded) got up to 500m from his targets.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
chris365:

Snypers do not have to come any close to the target unless they are still amateur and doubt their skills. The most highly trained snypers pick their target from kilometres away.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
chris365:

where's the lie there.. ode

When Rwanda was giving you orders was the anything wrong there?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2013
Msauza:

When Rwanda was giving you orders was the anything wrong there?

are you sure you are prepared for this embarrassment? cos you'll have to prove that. if you can't, then you are a confirm reetard cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
zaandrew:

typically the FN sniper is a spotters weapon, like the M14 sniper.

Urban sniping is by it's nature a close in thing, even so one of our snipers (the one who got wounded) got up to 500m from his targets.

you've started with this your fictitious claim again when i've proved your lies
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
Msauza:

Snypers do not have to come any close to the target unless they are still amateur and doubt their skills. The most highly trained snypers pick their target from kilometres away.

by far the dumbest post on military matters so far. even your comrade that's in the military disproves this your imagination.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
almost every Nigerian army combatant is a trained sniper. FN fal still relevant cos of it's tested accuracy grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
NYW 20

task force sniper
[img]http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29277&d=1182334020[/img]
SF sniper

Truvelo snipers
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
chris365:

you've started with this your fictitious claim again when i've proved your lies

What lies, you posted a statment from a press confrince where the responses was talk to the UN, i posted soures where the media spoke to A the UN, B people who are in conted with our solders in DRC and the last one was from a reporter that flew to the DRC. So please explan how i was wrong.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2013
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/05/ngr-ecomil-soldierus-troopsakfiles.jpg[/img]
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/05/ngr-army-engrsus-marinesmilitarynewsnetwork.jpg[/img]
US-Nigeria joint ops in somalia(operation restor hope)... during the early 90s when some people have not even started grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.