Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (891) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4455659 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) (893) (894) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:
South Africans will never realize the sacrifices of African leaders and their people to liberate them from the strangle grip of their white minority oppressors. The efforts of such leaders culminated in freedom of South Africa's black majority and giving crucial moral, financial and vocal support and credibility to the ANC leadership of Mr. Mandela. Africa's collective refusal of Aparthied was the strength behind the survival of beloved Mr. Mandela. A man is not usually born great ... he is made great by the circumstances, challenges, people and structures that enable him succeed! Mandela will always be great ... thanks to the unsung people who lifted him above his circumstances and challenges.

See below a letter from Nigeria's former Head of State during the height of South Africa's struggle to Britains Prime Minister Mrs Thatcher.

==================
http://ipan.co.za/wp/?p=2638
http://ipan.co.za/posts/Obasanjo%20-%20Thatcher.pdf

August 1986

Dear Margaret,

After our meeting on Sunday, I write as one committed democrat to another. Yours is an old country with a lengthy democratic tradition; mine a new country undergoing a press of nation-building. But as democrats, we can be frank with each other.

As you know, I came to the EPG (Eminent Persons’ Group) mission with reluctance. It was difficult enough for me as an African and especially as a Nigerian to contemplate exchanging pleasantries with those responsible for the institutionalised oppression of so many of my brothers and sisters.

My repugnance was exacerbated by the widely held perception that the EPG was a substitute for action won by you at Nassau for the benefit of P.W. Botha. However, I persuaded myself that whatever the odds, the prize was so great that I should overcome my personal feelings.
Not that I was prepared for what we found. As you know, even Tony Barber – a frequent traveller to South Africa – was appalled by what he was to see in that other South Africa which visitors seldom see. We jointly expressed our shock and dismay in our report.

I have seen extremes of poverty and of oppression in many parts of the world. But South Africa unashamedly moulds both elements into a system which enables the white minority to enjoy a “Dallas” lifestyle at the expense of the great majority forced to endure conditions as degrading as anything I have seen anywhere.

In our discussions, Malcom Fraser and I tried to convey the true nature of the system and were against cosmetic changes which have merely softened the face of apartheid.

However, such was our discussion that I must ask: Did you even read our report?

I infer from what you said that afternoon that you had not. You concentrated on the trivia of the Government’s “reforms” – like the welcome but essentially insignificant repeal of the Mixed Marriages Act – and ignored their implacable opposition to changes in the basic pillars of apartheid.

As we emphasised, to begin to dismantle apartheid, the Population Registration Act and the Group Areas Act must be repealed without being replaced by some measure designed to achieve the same ends under a different guise.

You gave credence to the dangerous notion that the political rights of the dispossessed can be adequately met by what President Botha calls “group rights” at the expense of individual rights and freedoms. Despite all the talk of “power sharing” between different communities, our inescapable conclusion was that this was a cloak for power remaining in white hands, and the essentials of apartheid continuing unchanged.
Nor have you any appreciation of the issue of violence. The apartheid system has an inherent violence which, through forced removals and the creation of barren homelands, has created the fiction of a white land and through the barrel of the gun, denies blacks any form of legitimate political expression.

We are all opposed to violence other than in self-defence. Why should blacks not have a right to defend their own families, homes and freedoms?

Your “moral revulsion” for sanctions struck me as unconvincing. The economic sanctions you so energetically pursued against Poland, Afghanistan and Argentina were brushed aside in your determination to withhold their application to South Africa. Yet to many of us there is only one significant difference: the victims in South Africa are black. Is sauce for the Aryan goose not sauce for the Negroid gander?
Your concentration of the economic effectiveness of sanctions is disingenuous if not hypocritical. Sanctions were imposed against Poland, Afghanistan and Argentina as political expressions of outrage.

Nor can your opposition be based on any assessment of where the best interests of Britain lie. Your country has considerable trade with South Africa, but this is dwarfed by that enjoyed with the rest of Africa: it cannot be in Britain’s interests to encourage them to place their orders elsewhere.

Further, your appearance as an apologist challenges the democratic forces in South Africa to seek help from whatever quarter they can. The longer-term consequences for Britain, the United States and the West could be considerable.

But most of all, I was dismayed by your lack of vision. You offered no action as an alternative to sanctions. You insisted that nothing whatever be done – even though in the final analysis you moved a little. There is no vision of a way ahead; simply a forlorn hope that P.W. Botha would experience a “Road to Damascus” conversion on the road to Soweto. Such hopes are in vain.

Sooner or later, Botha or his successor will be driven to negotiate meaningfully. Sir Geofferey’s visit again confirmed that Botha is not yet under sufficient pressure to do so – despite a dwindling rand, escalating inflation, a declining economy and mounting violence. More pressure must come.

I must tell you that many people around the world view your continued opposition to sanctions as founded on instinct, not logic and as displaying a misguided tribal loyalty and myopic political vision. The consequences of such perceptions are far-reaching for a country which has traditionally claimed the high ground of principle.

Not only does the mental laager of the Boer seem to be mirrored in your own attitudes, but his fatal concessions of too little, too late are paralleled by your actions.

I am glad that the Commonwealth has moved on without you and I know that sooner rather than later, Britain will have to join us. I also know that apartheid will end, and its demise will be the product of a combination of internal and external pressures. The equation is a simple one. The less the external pressure, the greater will be the price to be paid internally.

Those who seek to minimise sanctions and their effect will have the blood of thousands, if not millions, of innocents on their hands and on their consciences. My heart will be heavy but my hands will be clean. Will yours?

(General Olusegun Obasanjo was Head of the Federal Military Government of Nigeria 1976 – 79 when he handed over power to an elected civilian government. He is also a member of the Commonwealth Eminent Persons’ Group)

the truth is bitter.

esin yo tan, o pe olowo re ni were (yoruba) grin
horse chop belle full, him dey call him master mad man (english) grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
agaugust:

the truth is bitter.

esin yo tan, o pe olowo re ni were (yoruba) grin
horse chop belle full, him dey call him master mad man (english) grin

We did it too for Zimbabwe! See Mrs Thatcher's letter begging Nigeria not to nationalize British Petroleum (BP).

=================
http://fc95d419f4478b3b6e5f-3f71d0fe2b653c4f00f32175760e96e7.r87.cf1.rackcdn.com/88A41134816046D7B1C439DE546CFAF3.pdf

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
agaugust:

fact remains that nigeria has 12 drones/UAV flying and working.

any equipment can develop electrical faults and be repaired. nigerian drones having fault is nothing new.

now if you live in a glass house, dont throw stones my boy.....

[size=16pt]all south africa's 3 units $800 million submarines went out of operation...technical faults

all 3 submarines were purchased on credit, so debt still hanging, not yet paid.

bribery and corruption involved in the submarine purchase

quality of submarines is sub-standard[/size]

News Bobby Jordan | 12 August, 2012.

"Not one of the R8 billion arms deal submarines is operational as at the time of writing this report.

South Africa's fleet of attack submarines, which cost an estimated R8-billion in the infamous arms deal, are all in dry dock after the only operational vessel crashed into the seabed.

President Jacob Zuma established a commission of inquiry into the arms deal in September last year to probe allegations of fraud, corruption and impropriety.

Arms deal activist Terry Crawford-Browne said the incident was further proof of the folly of the arms deal. "South Africa has not yet paid for these submarines. They are being financed by Commerzbank until 2016, these loans being underwritten by Hermes and German taxpayers," he said.

"This is another example of what happens in arms deals all the time, but it seems to be happening more than most in our deals. We were sold equipment that seems to be of dubious quality, we were sold it at inflated prices because of the bribes that were paid, and the performance of this equipment across the board has been, to put it politely, very poor," said Feinstein. "

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2012/08/12/not-one-of-the-r8-billion-arms-deal-submarines-is-operational

The fact remains you have been stripped of cash for scraps.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/turkey-to-return-israeli-made-drones-citing-technical-problems/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Msauza:

The fact remains you have been stripped of $800m borrowed money for sub-standard submarines.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

We did it too for Zimbabwe! See Mrs Thatcher's letter begging Nigeria not to nationalize British Petroleum (BP).

=================
http://fc95d419f4478b3b6e5f-3f71d0fe2b653c4f00f32175760e96e7.r87.cf1.rackcdn.com/88A41134816046D7B1C439DE546CFAF3.pdf

nigeria remains the greatest african country.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
agaugust:

The fact remains you have been stripped of $800m borrowed money for sub-standard submarines.

South African Submarines are fully operational, your information is outdated.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Queen Modjadji nose dived and was repared and maintained and all three subs are now fully operational.

http://www.jbaynews.com/sas-queen-modjaji-takes-a-nosedive/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
Msauza:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/turkey-to-return-israeli-made-drones-citing-technical-problems/

Every Tom, Dick and Harry is guaranteed easy money in Naai-geria.

Quick to spend and slow to think, the idîots will buy any junk with a foreign label on it.

And they show it off to people who know better. The israeli's duped the idïots do badly that the idíots have become advertisers of the junk that they bought.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Msauza:

Queen Modjadji nose dived and was repared and maintained and all three subs are now fully operational.

same way nigeria's israeli drones/UAV are operational....your wrong infromation is outdated. hahahaha grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/415620/strongest-military-africa/888

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
Msauza:

fact remains that in August 12th 2012 all 3 south african submarines purchased with bank loans $800 million all broke down, crashed to the sea bottom, crashed to the sea port concrete, had battery failure. soweto ripped of by the whites again.

you borrowed more money to repair your sub-standard submarines as soon as they were purchased, more debt, more interest, growing gbese of baba alajo grin

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2012/08/12/not-one-of-the-r8-billion-arms-deal-submarines-is-operational

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2013
agaugust:

fact remains that nigeria has 12 drones/UAV flying and working.

any equipment can develop electrical faults and be repaired. nigerian drones having fault is nothing new.

now if you live in a glass house, dont throw stones my boy.....

[size=16pt]all south africa's 3 units $800 million submarines went out of operation...technical faults

all 3 submarines were purchased on credit, so debt still hanging, not yet paid.

bribery and corruption involved in the submarine purchase

quality of submarines is sub-standard[/size]

News Bobby Jordan | 12 August, 2012.

"Not one of the R8 billion arms deal submarines is operational as at the time of writing this report.

South Africa's fleet of attack submarines, which cost an estimated R8-billion in the infamous arms deal, are all in dry dock after the only operational vessel crashed into the seabed.

President Jacob Zuma established a commission of inquiry into the arms deal in September last year to probe allegations of fraud, corruption and impropriety.

Arms deal activist Terry Crawford-Browne said the incident was further proof of the folly of the arms deal. "South Africa has not yet paid for these submarines. They are being financed by Commerzbank until 2016, these loans being underwritten by Hermes and German taxpayers," he said.

"This is another example of what happens in arms deals all the time, but it seems to be happening more than most in our deals. We were sold equipment that seems to be of dubious quality, we were sold it at inflated prices because of the bribes that were paid, and the performance of this equipment across the board has been, to put it politely, very poor," said Feinstein. "

Stup1d south africans got conned big time. grin. a country of dummies grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
agaugust:

fact remains that in August 12th 2012 all 3 south african submarines purchased with bank loans $800 million all broke down, crashed to the sea bottom, crashed to the sea port concrete, had battery failure. soweto ripped of by the whites again.

you borrowed more money to repair your sub-standard submarines as soon as they were purchased, more debt, more interest, growing gbese of baba alajo grin

And none of them have been shown to be bad quality anywhere in the world.

As for Israeli drones, however, all sorts of things happen to them. You bragged about junk and now you're going crazy because you foölishness is on display.

[email]Israeli Drones Fallin’ from the Skies Like Flies: Third UAV Sabotaged by Hacking[/email]

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/2013/10/09/third-israeli-drone-sabotaged-by-hacking/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
agaugust:

Arms deal was never acquired from loan but from taxes. Dont you even feel ashamed that the link you have pasted is outdated. SA has three fully operational submarines, end of story. Amen!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

=================

it's very hard for some dummies to understand how information is controlled these days.. the west sells it through their media, and the world buys it. no mater how false it is.

nuff said.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
CraigB:

And none of them have been shown to be bad quality anywhere in the world.

As for Israeli drones, however, all sorts of things happen to them. You bragged about junk and now you're going crazy because you foölishness is on display.

[email]Israeli Drones Fallin’ from the Skies Like Flies: Third UAV Sabotaged by Hacking[/email]

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/2013/10/09/third-israeli-drone-sabotaged-by-hacking/

f00l. grin. fact is they sold your dumb generals faulty equipments thereby milking your dumb country of billions.

US high tech drones got hacked by Iran. it's inevitable. dummy grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
chris365:

f00l. grin. fact is they sold your dumb generals faulty equipments thereby milking your dumb country of billions.

US high tech drones got hacked by Iran. it's inevitable. dummy grin

Try again!

Embrace your idïocy and be happy!

No one has complained of technical faults on our submarine prototypes - anywhere in the world.

As for your drones, let's see:

1. At least two cancelled orders - the complaint being poor performance; and

2. At least one description accusing the source of making drones that "fall out the sky like flies"

Now, until you show something similar for our submarine prototypes, you need to accept that your nation is the source of fortunes untold for all. South Africa included.

You have no advisors. Your own advisors are the sellers, as can be seen by looking At the faces standing behind your useless drone. cry - which faces you tried to hide and posted pictures of "deck hands" instead.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
Unmistakable and unforgettable photo of Mr. Nelson Mandela who was flown from South Africa to Nigeria in a jet from the Presidential fleet. A grateful Mr. Mandela salutes the Nigerian nation as he exists the plane to a warm Nigerian welcome at the Airport. Forever, history will be a witness to his immense greatness earned not by birth but by the African efforts of solidarity, compassion, and generosity spearheaded by Nigeria and like minded pan African forces.

Rest in Peace son of mama Africa.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi: Unmistakable and unforgettable photo of Mr. Nelson Mandela who was flown from South Africa to Nigeria in a jet from the Presidential fleet. A grateful Mr. Mandela salutes the Nigerian nation as he exists the plane to a warm Nigerian welcome at the Airport. Forever, history will be a witness to his immense greatness earned not by birth but by the African efforts of solidarity, compassion, and generosity spearheaded by Nigeria and like minded pan African forces.

Rest in Peace son of mama Africa.

He practically visited ALL African nations.

And "mama" is reserved for women.

Your credibility is shot. In a bad way.

And then Mandela went on to push for and spearhead your seclusion because you killed Ken Saro-wiwa.

No so like-minded there, mate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
CraigB:

He practically visited ALL African nations.

And "mama" is reserved for women.

Your credibility is shot. In a bad way.

And then Mandela went on to push for and spearhead your seclusion because you killed Ken Saro-wiwa.

No so like-minded there, mate.

grin grin grin Weak show of anything cogent for a response.
Enjoy the depth of the photo! It's killing you to see the power of Nigeria linked to your freedom! That was Presidential privilege! cool cool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

grin grin grin Weak show of anything cogent for a response.
Enjoy the depth of the photo! It's killing you to see the power of Nigeria linked to your freedom! That was Presidential privilege! cool cool

Facts.

Not dreams:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/november/10/newsid_2539000/2539561.stm

____

After news of the executions became public, South African President Nelson Mandela said his delegation would recommend Nigeria's suspension until a democratic government was elected.

___

1995: Nigeria hangs human rights activists
The writer and human rights activist, Ken Saro-Wiwa, has been executed in Nigeria despite worldwide pleas for clemency.
The country's military rulers ordered the execution of Mr Saro-Wiwa and eight other dissidents should go ahead at 0730 local time (0830 GMT).

They were taken in chains to a prison in the southern city of Port Harcourt and hanged.

The activists were condemned to death 10 days ago after being found guilty of involvement in four murders.

Mr Saro-Wiwa insisted they were framed because of their opposition to the oil industry in the Niger-Delta region of southern Nigeria.

At his trial Mr Saro-Wiwa said the case was designed to prevent members of his tribe, the Ogoni, from stopping pollution of their homeland and getting a fair share of oil profits.

Dozens of Ogonis have been imprisoned by the military regime led by General Sani Abacha who seized power two years ago.

'Judicial murder'

The government is fearful of their opposition to mining driving the companies away, especially the Anglo-Dutch group, Shell.

Shell is the largest operator in Nigeria and oil it extracts in the Niger-Delta region provides most of Nigeria's export earnings.

The deaths of Mr Saro-Wiwa and the other activists looks likely to lead to Nigeria's expulsion or suspension from the Commonwealth whose leaders are currently meeting in New Zealand.

After news of the executions became public, South African President Nelson Mandela said his delegation would recommend Nigeria's suspension until a democratic government was elected.

British Prime Minister John Major called the executions "judicial murder" and said he did not see how Nigeria could now remain in the Commonwealth.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
CraigB:

Try again!

Embrace your idïocy and be happy!

No one has complained of technical faults on our submarine prototypes - anywhere in the world.

As for your drones, let's see:

1. At least two cancelled orders - the complaint being poor performance; and

2. At least one description accusing the source of making drones that "fall out the sky like flies"

Now, until you show something similar for our submarine prototypes, you need to accept that your nation is the source of fortunes untold for all. South Africa included.

You have no advisors. Your own advisors are the sellers, as can be seen by looking At the faces standing behind your useless drone. cry - which faces you tried to hide and posted pictures of "deck hands" instead.

congratulations fool. south Africa is officially the first country to bleed billions on faulty German submarines.

your barks won't change that fact. so keep barking
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
I see I have not missed much. undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
chris365:

congratulations fool. south Africa is officially the first country to bleed billions on faulty German submarines.

your barks won't change that fact. so keep barking

Once you're done throwing bananas all over the place, show us who in the world has complained about the quality of our submarine prototypes.

We won't hold our collective breath.

Meanwhile, the whole world is complaining about the drone prototypes that you bought. A fôol and his money are soon parted?

No - a Naai-gerian and his money are soon parted. kiss
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

You are lying to your teeth. 4000MW is too small for population of over 40 million people. So tell me do you think that SA is playing cards with their 45000MW power production rather than providing it to the people. That power which they provide to the population of 50 million is still experiencing power shadding whereby South Africans are being alerted to switch off their geisers, heaters and other appliances whenever they are not in use. Tell me now how will 4000MW which is even smaller than what Joburg provides alone can ever manage to cope with 40 million end users?

Yes, the banana throwers of Naai-geria have woken up to the truth.

Facts. Not dreams.

________

According to the [Naai-gerian] Minister, “Nigeria is eager to learn from South Africa as it has a robust per capital power supply status with 43 million people and 40,000MW. South Africa is far ahead of Nigeria with over 160 million people and power generation of less than 5,000MW. The implication of this is that Nigeria will need to generate 40 times more power to meet up the South Africans.”

Nigeria, South Africa partner on power infrastructure

on December 10, 2013 / in News 12:15 am / Comments

By CHRIS OCHAYI

ABUJA: South African President, Jacob Zuma has expressed the willingness of his country to partner with Nigeria to create business opportunities and development of infrastructure, especially in the energy sector.

The South African Deputy Minister for Trade and Investment, Ms. Elizabeth Thabeth, who said this while leading the South African trade and investment delegation to the Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo in Abuja, said President Jacob Zuma’s priority, is to develop infrastructure through partnership with other African countries.

She said energy as an enabler for economic growth is the focus of the group, adding that Nigeria as a strategic partner of South Africa will help fast track the realization of Pan-African dream of its Government.

Addressing the delegation which was accompanied on the visit by South African’s High Commissioner to Nigeria Lulu Louis Mnguni, the Minister of Power, Nebo assured the delegation that Nigeria’s fledging power sector still offers a lot of business opportunities to South-Africa.

He said this will be a welcome development to Nigeria, as such strategic partnership is in consonance with African Brotherhood and solidarity. Recalling the days preceding the emergence of majority rule in South-Africa, Nebo said Nigeria was there to ensure political freedom for South-Africans.

“We are desirous of doing business with South-Africa. The telecommunication giant MTN, Shoprite and other South African companies are doing well here, we want more of them in the power sector too”

According to the Minister, “Nigeria is eager to learn from South Africa as it has a robust per capital power supply status with 43 million people and 40,000MW. South Africa is far ahead of Nigeria with over 160 million people and power generation of less than 5,000MW. The implication of this is that Nigeria will need to generate 40 times more power to meet up the South Africans.” cry

Nebo assured the South Africans that there are more opportunities in power generation despite their invisibility in the on-going privatisation, adding that transmission, metering and even manufacturing of parts like circuit breakers, cables, power lines and switches, require investment from South Africa.

Another area of interest is renewable energy – solar, biomass and wind, “our doors are open. We have vast areas of communities that are far from the national grid,” he said.

He also said that with the privatisation of the sector, the new owners will require partnership. “We also want to explore our abundant coal reserves, South Africa can avail us with the knowledge of using clean coal technology. We need to reiterate that we are prepared to sign MoU with South-Africa, we want to tap from your experience to energize our economy,” he said.

Also at the event, the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Power, Ambassador Godknows Igali said Nigeria wants to see more MTN and Shoprite companies in the Power sector, just as he promised to bring-on board new owners of Nigeria’s power assets, so that they can explore partnerships that would be mutually beneficial.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/nigeria-south-africa-partner-power-infrastructure/#sthash.lleD670E.dpuf
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 11:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
CraigB:

Once you're done throwing bananas all over the place, show us who in the world has complained about the quality of our submarine prototypes.

This is what is before you. Germany conned your dumb generals of faulty submarines for billions of rand. European countries use your military to fill their national budgets with overpriced useless junk. Your arms purchase are marred by corruption.

And you feel you are making sense with an ordinary drone deal that was later rectified and are flying? Clap for yourself. You still retain your spot for "1diot of the year".

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:07am On Dec 11, 2013
chris365:

This is what is before you. Germany conned your dumb generals of faulty submarines for billions of rand. European countries use your military to fill their national budgets with overpriced useless junk. Your arms purchase are marred by corruption.

And you feel you are making sense with an ordinary drone deal that was later rectified and are flying? Clap for yourself. You still retain your spot for "Idiat of the year".

Jungle noises!

Get to work. Show us who has complained about the quality of our submarine prototype.

All the bananas in the world won't answer that question for you.

Failing that, embrace your curse as the offspring of a nation that buys duds and gives money to all the chancers of the world.

Your drones remain unwanted by the world. Try though you might, the fact remains. cry

So give us a list. Who has complained about our submarine prototypes? Give it your best shot. Go!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:14am On Dec 11, 2013
Facts. Not stories:

The "quality" of the drones sold to Naai-geria:

"Earlier this month, Hurriyet reported that the Turkish military plans to return three tactical Aerostar UAVs to Israel, citing the drones’ poor performance against the Kurdistan Workers Party."

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Egyptians-to-purchase-Turkish-made-drones

The Naai-gerians have been played for the foôls that they are. They bragged to us about useless drones.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:28am On Dec 11, 2013
CraigB:

Jungle noises!

Get to work. Show us who has complained about the quality of our submarine prototype.

So give us a list. Who has complained about our submarine prototypes? Give it your best shot. Go!

your very own country's south african weapons and defence experts have complaints, that the worst imaginable.....swallow it fast and choke
grin

read now you fool of a debtor nation buying submarines that have a half dead battery on credit with bank loans grin

"The SAS Manthatisi, the first of the country's submarines acquired in the multibillion-rand arms deal, has been in the dry dock since 2007 after a series of mishaps, including crashing into a quay and damaging her steering mechanism.

Then a power cable was incorrectly plugged into her shore power-supply system, causing damage. The vessel's propulsion batteries, which cost R35-million, are being replaced.

"This is another example of what happens in arms deals all the time, but it seems to be happening more than most in our deals. We were sold equipment that seems to be of dubious quality, we were sold it at inflated prices because of the bribes that were paid, and the performance of this equipment has been very poor," said Feinstein"

soweto fools, scammed of their hard borrowed cash by white men from europe again grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) (893) (894) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.