Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,112 members, 7,849,470 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:10 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (889) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4458444 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Fighter Pilot: Tomorrow i will be in Madiba's memorial service to pay tribute to the man who fought for freedom of SA. Barrack Obama, Oprah Winfrey and many more will be there. So please join us if you are in South Africa.

You can post images of the event here. It's at your discretion of-course.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
40 million out 150 million? Nigeria is a joke,NO you're a joke. You're probably using a candle right now to light up your house,cause of power cuts. What's causing Nigeria's electricity crises? POOR PLANNING.

hahahahahaha. you missed the point boy. try again dumbo.

unlike south Africans we don't ever deny our problems.

there's currently a transformation going on in the power sector. so hopefully it will get better.

but I'm telling you that it's not about the capacity you generate, it's transmitting it to the people that counts.

I said more than 40 million people. surely your brain can't be so dead to comprehend that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mike..ZA:
NIGERIA IS JOKE 1. Majority of Nigerians use generators,yet feel like the government is doing enough for them. 4000MW for a 150 million? 2. On some humour: 77% of Nigerian women bleach their skin. 3. Boko Haram is still going 7 months after massive troops were poured to the north.

4. and you are still acting like a gorilla on heat grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Since when has one soldier become "soldiers".

Now my ignorant fool your country dont even have wild animal to protect anymore all of them eaten by 170m poor souls.

Does Nigeria even have a trans national park that can compare to Kruger.

whine all you want. it doesn't change the fact that your military is useless against common poachers that blow their heads on sight.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
Henry120:

You are a capital fool. What's the correlation between my "situation room" post, and the rubbish you posted.

he's a south African. don't expect better.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
chris365:

hahahahahaha. you missed the point boy. try again dumbo.

unlike south Africans we don't ever deny our problems.

there's currently a transformation going on in the power sector. so hopefully it will get better.

but I'm telling you that it's not about the capacity you generate, it's transmitting it to the people that counts.

I said more than 40 million people. surely your brain can't be so dead to comprehend that.

You are lying to your teeth. 4000MW is too small for population of over 40 million people. So tell me do you think that SA is playing cards with their 45000MW power production rather than providing it to the people. That power which they provide to the population of 50 million is still experiencing power shadding whereby South Africans are being alerted to switch off their geisers, heaters and other appliances whenever they are not in use. Tell me now how will 4000MW which is even smaller than what Joburg provides alone can ever manage to cope with 40 million end users?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
Henry120:

Nigeria has by far the "freest" press in africa. At no time did the president of nigeria order the arrest of the leadership journalist. They were arrested by the police and taken to court for the falsification of official government documents. Or isn't fraudulent practises a crime anymore?

Freedom of speech isn't freedom of defamation.

Free press in Nigeria bro who are you fooling here, go try this one on someone else.

You can read go and check on the countries with free press, check where naai-geria is on the list in africa only then can you come and claim here even Mauritius is rated far higher then Naai-ja.

Please you not dealing with a fool here, do you want me to expose your lies now.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
Henry120: Africans have no justification whatsoever to call the french neo-colonialist. Seeing that african leaders have simply refused to do the needful as regards to peace and security on the african continent. The french again have taken the initiative to fill that gap.

Nature abhors a vacuum, the french have seen the vacuum in CAR, like they did in mali, and have gone ahead to fill that vacuum.

What then is the essence of this thread if africans continue to exhibit a lackadaisical attitude towards effectively tackling insecurity on the continent.

With the nigerian government engaged in many peacekeeping efforts across west, central and east africa, and it's current counter-insurgency campaign in the northeast of nigeria, one would naturally expect that the loud-mouth south africans would jump on this opportunity to show that it has the capability to quell the violence in the central african republic. Bearing in mind that the south-africans were previously in CAR. Well.......... As we can clearly see, once again, south-africa is all mouth and no action. An effective toothless dog.

Nigerian troops/ security services are currently deployed in.....

Liberia
Sudan
Mali
SLR
Guniea- bissau
Ivory-coast
Somalia

All of your troops have been withdrawn from deployments because of couter-insugency. Here under is a list of wars you fought.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Nigeria
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
agaugust:

nigeria has 9 israeli drones and 3 NAF made drones Amebo I, II, and III

Transfers of major conventional weapons. Deals with deliveries or orders made for year range 2000 to 2012.

Note: The 'No. delivered' and the 'Year(s) of deliveries' columns refer to all deliveries since the beginning of the contract. For more information, see Sources and Methods.

Source: SIPRI Arms Transfers Database
Information generated: 9 December 2013
Search Again shocked grin
Recipient
Supplier
No. ordered
No. ordered data uncertain
Weapon designation
Weapon description
Status
Status data uncertain
Year of order
Year of order data uncertain
Year(s) of deliveries

No. delivered 9 units
Year(s) of delivery or no. delivered data uncertain
Recipient involvement
Comment

Nigeria
Israel

Yes
Aerostar
UAV
New

2007 - 2007
9 units
Yes

Part of $260 m deal of Aerostar UAV systems

http://portal.sipri.org/publications/pages/transfer/trade-register

Now fool this can only happen to Naai-ja.

Most of those so called drones dont even work and is not even functional as we speak. You were scammed you cant even use those drones.

Now read this before you spew shi..t
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/isreali-contractors-sold-nigeria-240m-non-functional-drones/

Please try and debunk this one with more lies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
Fighter Pilot: Tomorrow i will be in Madiba's memorial service to pay tribute to the man who fought for freedom of SA. Barrack Obama, Oprah Winfrey and many more will be there. So please join us if you are in South Africa.

Mind you this will be the biggest ever funeral of a former head of state in history over 70 current heads of states will attend the memorial tomorrow and others on sunday for the funeral.

I will to be part of world history tomorrow.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
chris365:

whine all you want. it doesn't change the fact that your military is useless against common poachers that blow their heads on sight.

Did you read the follow up posts before spew this nonsense, the soldier committed suicide yet you come here and talk sh.it.

Tell me whats your point it has been proven he killed himself go back and read the article posted by my fellow countryman, and Shut Up!!! grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Ahaah!!! I smell jealousy here.

Please compare your ameboII drone to a Bateleur or Seeker II which can both fire missiles and defend itself.

Jealous!!! Jealous!!! Jealous!!! shocked grin

Primary School kid mentality! Check your nose ... it's full of mucus!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Did you read the follow up posts before spew this nonsense, the soldier committed suicide yet you come here and talk sh.it.

Tell me whats your point it has been proven he killed himself go back and read the article posted by my fellow countryman, and Shut Up!!! grin

oh please shut up already. this is what too much yapping can do to an already brainless goat.

read the link I posted. this happened in a shootout with poachers and no where did it say it was suicide. they were in an operation and poachers killed him.

unless you are trying to tell me your soldiers don't know where to point their guns when threatened by poachers grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Mind you this will be the biggest ever funeral of a former head of state in history over 70 current heads of states will attend the memorial tomorrow and others on sunday for the funeral.

91 of the heads of state already confirmed their visit.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Most of those so called drones dont even work and is not even functional as we speak. You were scammed you cant even use those drones.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/isreali-contractors-sold-nigeria-240m-non-functional-drones/

Bahahahahahaha!! First it was China, which sold them dysfunctional satellite and now is Israel which is dubbing them of cash. 419 does not only have its headquaters in Lagos. This is really unbelievable!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
chris365:

Poaching did not receive any military consideration until now recently. To be more exact three years ago.

Nature conservation is not a military responsibility. The government should instead beef up security by increasing the number of Rangers who can effectively fight poaching.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
DictatorZAR:

you are too blind to see that the story in your source is dated November 05, 2012.

‘Isreali contractors sold Nigeria $240m non-functional drones’

on November 05, 2012 / in News 9:50 am /

the israeli drones only had an electrical fault like any machine could have and they have been repaired and working as at now....dummy grin

"An Israeli-manufactured AeroStar UAV prepares for lift-off at the Air Force Institute of Technology, Kaduna.

They might be helping us but what I am SURE about is that I was watching on NTA News when the Air Chief commissioned the Centre for Innovative and Adaptive Technology at the Air Force Institute of Technology and as some point, an NCO came out pushing this UAV as into a takeoff run and it rolled on and took off. It was specifically described as an AEROSTAR UAV and that is Israeli-made. That is why those Israeli gentlemen are in the photo.

NTA NEWS this evening showed the NAF conducting demonstration flights of the Aerostar UAV at Kaduna today. "

beegeagel wordpress. July 05, 2013.

http://beegeagle./2013/07/03/an-israeli-made-aerostar-drone-of-the-nigerian-air-force-photo-credit-federal-ministry-of-information/

An Israeli-manufactured AeroStar UAV prepares for lift-off at the Air Force Institute of Technology, Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Bahahahahahaha!! First it was China, which sold them dysfunctional satellite and now is Israel which is dubbing them of cash. 419 does not only have its headquaters in Lagos. This is really unbelievable!!!!

you are always outdated in information, lost soul grin

china sold nigeria a satellite, it broke down many years ago and was immediately replaced with a brand new one for free.

you are lost in time and information, do you live in that south african village where they cook with firewood ?

"On March 24, 2009, the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, NigComSat Ltd. and CGWIC signed a further contract for the in-orbit delivery of the NigComSat-1R satellite. NigComSat-1R is also a DFH-4 satellite with improvements over the previous satellite, and was delivered in the fourth quarter of 2011 as a replacement for the failed NigComSat-1. It was successfully launched on December 19, 2011"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NigComSat-1

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=72058

south africa has NO satellite today, nigeria is your master in that area, and the thing dey pain you for body grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
DictatorZAR:

will you ride that your donkey there ? you talk like you live in the donkey riding village of south africa posted here some days ago grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

You are lying to your teeth. 4000MW is too small for population of over 40 million people. So tell me do you think that SA is playing cards with their 45000MW power production rather than providing it to the people. That power which they provide to the population of 50 million is still experiencing power shadding whereby South Africans are being alerted to switch off their geisers, heaters and other appliances whenever they are not in use. Tell me now how will 4000MW which is even smaller than what Joburg provides alone can ever manage to cope with 40 million end users?

15 million south africans have ZERO electricity and have never seen a light bulb since the day they were born grin

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/2-5-million-households-without-electricity-1.436335

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
DictatorZAR:

so what ? a dead man does not know how many people attends his burial grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
sad to know south africa dumped winnie mandela and no one even remembers her. she lost her marriage because of the fight for south african blacks freedom. now a forgotten and unwanted sad old woman. used by all and dumped by all, this world is wicked. undecided

http://www.punchng.com/news/how-winnie-missed-mandelas-last-hour/

sorry for digressing off topic a moment. i just feel for this forgotten woman/heroine
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Just give your honest answer, is the NNS Aradu amongst the top 20 frigates currently in service in the world.

Can you go and tell this fairy tale on other credible Naval forums and lets see how your NNS aradu with its 1970's otomats mkII will be laughed at.

We've been through this sh.it before. I dare you to post this sh..it on defenseweb or any other blog.

is your brain locked up by a herbalist juju ? do you ever learn ?

i told you 7 x 7 times that weapon platforms dont fight according to their age, name, or model, but according to the armaments/ordinance/munitions they carry.

NNS ARADU's Otomat anti-ship missiles are the most deadly in the world, and defeated the whole american navy's modern warships in live combat testing, Otomat is a partial-stealth missile your dull brain does not know.

i challenge any south african military general or analyst to face me on NNS ARADU vs ANY SOWETO WARSHIP, let us prove our claims in a combat simulation, bring it on south africans if you dare !

Otomat missile is partly a Stealth missile you dont know ?

Otomat has been tested again and again and over too much tested and proved unstoppable in europe and america.

" In another example at least 8 missiles were bought by US Navy: thanks to a evasive, final maneuver, the majority of these weapons, called LRAT (Long Range Attack Target) Otomat missile penetrated inside the formidable missile defenses of US ships . To improve the missile chances of hitting, its nose and wing shapes were optimized for a reduced radar cross section (RCS). Range was improved to 250–300 km while keeping the same dimensions of the previous versions. The warhead was kept at 210 kg but fitted with an armored casing and less sensitive explosives which lowered its chances of being destroyed by close-in weapon systems. Three Otomat missiles were test launched in 1994–1995 with good results."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otomat

mighty american navy is the most powerful in the world....they could NOT jam the Otomat missile because it had its own counter-measures/anti-jamming devices....ALL american navy electronics and technology and defense missiles could NOT stop a single Otomat.

south african navy has NO defence against Otomat missile, all your Exocet missiles are inferior in range and stealth capacity.

please leave this topic...lets talk something new...

Aradu means Thunder in Igbo land, and a full Thunder strike means instant death

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 10, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Now fool, these are the drones you claim are not working

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 10, 2013
It truly is the 8th wonder of this world, how some of these south-africans passed through the university.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:49am On Dec 10, 2013
[size=16pt]

is any south african military man bold enough to show me how your over-rated and poorly armed Gripen jets and Hawk jets will face nigerian NNS ARADU at sea combat without being shot down and torn into many pieces ?[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:21am On Dec 10, 2013
The jealous hearts of Naai-geria will never find any rest. They will always have their souls broken. cry

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/09/world/africa/nelson-mandela-memorial/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

World leaders, thousands of South Africans to honor Mandela

Working off plans developed for years in secret, the South African government is using an elite military task force, sniper teams and canine teams to help secure the stadium, CNN's Arwa Damon reported Monday. In addition, helicopters and military jets frequently fly overhead. .

"Should anybody, anything dare to disturb or disrupt this period of mourning and finally taking and accompanying the former president to his last resting place, then that person will be dealt with," Brig. Gen. Xolani Mabanga said Monday.

U.S. officials are satisfied with security arrangements.
"We have not heard any concerns," Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes told reporters aboard Air Force One as the president flew to South Africa.
"The South Africans hosted the World Cup, so they have experience hosting significant crowds and managing events like this," he said, "although clearly this is really a unique event in world history, given the number of leaders coming to pay their respects, as well as the people of South Africa."

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:23am On Dec 10, 2013
Henry120:

Nigerian troops/ security services are currently deployed in.....

Liberia
Sudan
Mali
SLR
Guniea- bissau
Ivory-coast
Somalia

How many?

Like, 10 persons? 10 cooks?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 4:27am On Dec 10, 2013
agaugust: sad to know south africa dumped winnie mandela and no one even remembers her. she lost her marriage because of the fight for south african blacks freedom. now a forgotten and unwanted sad old woman. used by all and dumped by all, this world is wicked. undecided

http://www.punchng.com/news/how-winnie-missed-mandelas-last-hour/

sorry for digressing off topic a moment. i just feel for this forgotten woman/heroine
'

You may wish to digress again, because you are talking rubbish as usual.

Naai-geria's news houses are clearly second-rate.
______

Mandela's final moments spent with Winnie and Graça
09 DEC 2013 11:24 DAVID SMITH

Tweet
Graça Machel and Winnie Madikizela-Mandela were at the bedside of former president Nelson Mandela when he died, says family friend Bantu Holomisa.

Nelson Mandela's final moments were spent off a life support machine with his wife, Graça Machel, and his former wife Winnie Madikizela-Mandela at his bedside, witnesses have said.

The former president died at his home in Houghton, Johannesburg, at 8.50pm on Thursday, sending millions into mourning in South Africa and around the world.

Bantu Holomisa, a politician and close family friend, recalled how less than three hours earlier he found Mandela asleep and struggling to breathe but "still fighting".

Holomisa (58) said he received a call on Thursday afternoon telling him to come urgently. "They said on the phone that Madiba [Mandela's clan name] doesn't look good," he told the Guardian. "I immediately drove straight to his home and went to his bedroom."

The time was 6.35pm and Mandela's condition was clearly at a new low. "I could confirm this wasn't the Madiba we've seen since he went into hospital. He was sleeping with no life support machine. You could hear from his breathing that he was struggling.

"Winnie and Graça were at the bedside of Madiba. You could see the tension. I bowed to acknowledge them then gave myself a moment of silence with Madiba. [I] said thank you to the doctors and then left at 6.50pm for another engagement."

Conditioned mind
At that point Holomisa did not realise he would never see his mentor again. "I was still in a state of denial. He's still fighting, but it was not to be. I was not that shocked when he died because I had just seen him. My mind was conditioned from the time I received the call."

The national outpouring of song and dance in honour of Mandela's life moved Holomisa, who remained close to him despite being expelled from the ANC and setting up the rival United Democratic Movement.

"It [Mandela's passing] reminds me of the day Mandela was released or, after his election, the day we inaugurated him as president. The mood is one of celebration and he would appreciate it as typical of him," said Holomisa.

Dali Tambo, son of Mandela's friend and ally Oliver Tambo, was woken by his son with the news at around midnight on Thursday. He then went to Mandela's home to find Machel, Madikizela-Mandela and other family members, relatives of the late Walter Sisulu, as well as President Jacob Zuma and several government ministers.

"There was a prayer and a hymn," he said. "The leadership consulted with the family about arrangements. The body was brought down and taken to a morgue. It was very sad, very sombre. It's always a hard experience for the family when the deceased leaves. I remember with my father, we had an argument about wanting him to stay longer. It's like a full stop."

Members of the public were gathering outside the high walls of the home in a tree-lined suburb, lighting candles and singing liberation-era songs. Tambo added: "You could hear the crowd. It was beautiful and spontaneous. They were [the] first who'd heard the news and had rushed there. They were emotional. My last words to a group of ANC people who asked me to toyi-toyi with them were, 'I'm going to bed'."

Casket
Sunday Times reported that Mandela's daughter Makaziwe and grandson Mandla were also at his deathbed. Grandson Mandla Mandela had been urgently summoned from Mvezo in Eastern Cape province early on Thursday morning. Nelson Mandela's daughters from his marriage to Madikizela-Mandela, Zindzi and Zenani, were both in London for the royal premiere of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom and left the screening for the first flight home.

The military arrived with a casket to collect Mandela's body at about midnight so it could be taken to a military hospital in the capital, Pretoria, where it will lie in state this week. As the casket left draped in the South African national flag, Mandla Mandela sang his grandfather's praises with the words, "Aah Dalibunga" and was joined by family members and political leaders, the paper reported.

According to the City Press, it was Tuesday night when Zuma learned of Mandela's deteriorating condition and that his death was imminent. "On Wednesday, word came from his house in Houghton that his already critical condition had worsened," the paper said. "He was fading fast. Mandela had not spoken a single word for months.

"On Thursday night, he was entering the final moments of his life. His former wife, Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, was there and preparing to stay overnight. Those in the house speak of an overwhelming sadness that engulfed it. Family members were allowed into his room in pairs or in threes and allowed private moments with him."

The paper cited different sources making different claims about the cause of death including fluid on the lungs, a serious infection that was antibiotic resistant, and blood pressure that dropped too low. On Sunday the presidential spokesperson Mac Maharaj did not respond to requests for comment. – © Guardian News and Media 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) (891) (892) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.