Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1305706 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:52am On Apr 26, 2019
kaad:

Thanks a bunch. I will phone HMRC asap

You are welcome. Good luck.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LaaJiblik: 9:38am On Apr 26, 2019
In one country I k ow of, she can’t try this nonsense.
In that country, she needs Recharge Card to call the 0809 345 763 or 0803 562 234 or any such numbers if the ‘Emergency Seevices’

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:47am On Apr 26, 2019
Let me rant a wee bit smiley.... What’s the obsession with the British and babies pls? Abi is it only in Scotland?... Il be hurrying somewhere and women old and young will want to stop and tell you how beautiful your baby is and engage her in talk ...and home training won’t allow me rush off especially with older women. Every single time we go out! Mtschew.

Americans have an Obsession when your pregnant, the British, it’s when you haff horn. Ayam tayad! embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello E-Fam,

Good evening to you all. I have been a silent reader and observer on this thread for quite a while. I must confess that this thread has been of tremendous help to me.

Please I need help on genuine job agencies for healthcare professionals as I have applied for some roles within the NHS and got a few rejection mails. Perhaps, I am not getting it right somewhere...not sure though.

To my seniors in the house, are there some rules I need to follow as regards getting job invites? Do I need to get registered with agencies that are specifically for healthcare professionals?

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2019
Now that my Kitchen refurb is finally almost complete..... I thought to post a picture, so anyone considering same home improvement, does not necessarily have to patronize the big companies, that would charge you an arm and a leg.........

I was quoted £13K for the same job...... Then no sabi say i be sharp Ijebu - man......

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by veleta: 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2019
Nice one @Lexus430.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Now that my Kitchen refurb is finally almost complete..... I thought to post a picture, so anyone considering same home improvement, does not necessarily have to patronize the big companies, that would charge you an arm and a leg.........

I was quoted £13K for the same job...... Then no sabi say i be sharp Ijebu - man......

Welldone.. it not any easy waka. Did full refurbishment this year extenion and all due to been fooled by house under the hammer.

It was proper hard work. Its a no for me . Never again. Lol

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Welldone.. it not any easy waka. Did full refurbishment this year extenion and all due to been fooled by house under the hammer.

It was proper hard work. Its a no for me . Never again. Lol

You fell for the brainwash...... Homes under the hammer ...... grin grin grin grin

You would want to buy all auction houses.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
veleta:
Nice one @Lexus430.

No be small waka....... Out with the old, in with the new...... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You fell for the brainwash...... Homes under the hammer ...... grin grin grin grin

You would want to buy all auction houses.........

Not even the auction part but joblessness made me tear down an ok house all in the name of personalisation and adding more space ... some stupid idea i got from homes under the hammer . Making it your own/ out with the old... .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2019
Lol, you people have money o.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Not even the auction part but joblessness made me tear down an ok house all in the name of personalisation and adding more space ... some stupid idea i got from homes under the hammer . Making it your own/ out with the old... .

Top pic is before ... brainwashing made me turn it to
pic 2 .Smh . I fell flat but wiser now
looks nice

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Both look good..... Finding it difficult to choose my best.....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2019
LagosismyHome:

If it was my money, i refuse to be brainwashed........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:42pm On Apr 26, 2019
My latest savings escapade......

I eventually settled for this Legend, but the navigation screen was fuzzy/faulty.....

Seller agreed to fix, but would increase selling cost by £1000 (this was for repair, not replacement)........

I contemplated replacing with android auto, for more enhanced functionality, but i might lose some functionalities, like voice activation etc etc...... ..

I tried to source in the UK, could not find OEM anywhere. My only choice was buying from Honda directly (£1499.00) before VAT.......

A breakers yard in the UK i contacted, only just replied me, he has now listed it on ebay for £178 + & 25 PP..... Thanks but no thanks............

I went yankee surfing, got it at an American breakers yard....

Total cost....... $37.00

My pal is in the states, so he brings it back FOC........

Ijebu boy no dey carry last.......

18 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 10:36pm On Apr 26, 2019
Ogas and madams,

Any advice on shopping for first time insurance?

Thanks for your anticipated help and response
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:41am On Apr 27, 2019
umarwy:
Ogas and madams,

www.moneysupermarket.com
www.confused.com

Or any other multiple checking portals.........

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 12:59am On Apr 27, 2019
So yesterday, I finally passed my practical manual driving test, on my 3rd attempt. grin

AFter the first 2 failures, I waited until winter was over and the days got longer, and I went with a different driving instructor. I bought 10 hour with this new guy, and he taught me how to handle roundabouts properly.

Before the test, I was quite tense. Within 5 minutes, I thought I had already made a serious error at the very first roundabout I encountered. I was just pissed off during the rest of the test, and was squeezing face 'cos I was sure I had failed again. It was a pleasant surprise to learn that I had passed.

Time to start shopping for car insurance and car purchase deals.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:58am On Apr 27, 2019
spacyzuma:
So yesterday, I finally passed my practical manual driving test, on my 3rd attempt. grin

AFter the first 2 failures, I waited until winter was over and the days got longer, and I went with a different driving instructor. I bought 10 hour with this new guy, and he taught me how to handle roundabouts properly.

Before the test, I was quite tense. Within 5 minutes, I thought I had already made a serious error at the very first roundabout I encountered. I was just pissed off during the rest of the test, and was squeezing face 'cos I was sure I had failed again. It was a pleasant surprise to learn that I had passed.

Don't forget parking and speed tickets..........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 2:06am On Apr 27, 2019
spacyzuma:

Congrats! I know how sweet it is to pass smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 4:29am On Apr 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

www.moneysupermarket.com
www.confused.com

Or any other multiple checking portals.........

Thanks bro

Please what is the acceptable range for a first time driver?

I am seeing scary figure
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 8:38am On Apr 27, 2019
umarwy:
Ogas and madams,

try aviva

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 8:45am On Apr 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

hahaha. I wanted to LOL when I first read this yesterday... Are you happy with the overall outcome though?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by adesbaba: 8:53am On Apr 27, 2019
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=77883223]My latest savings escapade......

I eventually settled for this Legend, but the navigation screen was fuzzy/faulty.....

Seller agreed to fix, but would increase selling cost by £1000 (this was for repair, not replacement)........

I contemplated replacing with android auto, for more enhanced functionality, but i might lose some functionalities, like voice activation etc etc...... ..

I tried to source in the UK, could not find OEM anywhere. My only choice was buying from Honda directly (£1499.00) before VAT.......

A breakers yard in the UK i contacted, only just replied me, he has now listed it on ebay for £178 + & 25 PP..... Thanks but no thanks............

I went yankee surfing, got it at an American breakers yard....

Total cost....... $37.00

My pal is in the states, so he brings it back FOC........

Ijebu boy no dey carry last.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by adesbaba: 8:54am On Apr 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Don't forget parking and speed tickets..........

Sir,please I want to get a clarification from you as I guess you have bn in Uk for sometime.
Let's say after MSC,someone managed to get a 2 yrs tier-2 sponsorship by a company(consulting/bank) and then the person after working for 10 months got a job with Google in San Francisco,USA.....

1)Can the person resign from his uk job after working just 10 months instead of 2 yrs.

2..Will the company allow him to resign

3).Will this have affect on his chances of entering u.k in the future

Thank you sir .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:19am On Apr 27, 2019
adesbaba:

Sir,please I want to get a clarification from you as I guess you have bn in Uk for sometime.
Let's say after MSC,someone managed to get a 2 yrs tier-2 sponsorship by a company(consulting/bank) and then the person after working for 10 months got a job with Google in San Francisco,USA.....

1)Can the person resign from his uk job after working just 10 months instead of 2 yrs.

2..Will the company allow him to resign

3).Will this have affect an effect on his chances of entering u.k in the future

Thank you sir .

1. Yes
2. Yes (If you signed a bond to refund visa fees then you may have to repay - if they ask you to)
3. No
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2019
dustydee:

1. Yes
2. Yes (If you signed a bond to refund visa fees then you may have to repay - if they ask you to)
3. No

On the contrary, your answer to question 3 is a combo of both......

If attempting to enter the UK again is on a sponsorship visa, you would have to declare circumstances of previous application.......

Depending on how good you know your onions, another company might think you might Maradona them........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by adesbaba: 9:38am On Apr 27, 2019
dustydee:

1. Yes
3. No

Thanks for the swift response sir

My cousin bro got two-year rotational graduate programme of HSBC after his MSC ...he read Computer Engineering and as only done few months not up to a year..then he got his dream job at U.S.....that's why I asked....He doesn't know if is to leave the bank job since he only went for it so that he can at least stay back in U.K after MSC ...and he doesn't know if HSBC will free him since its a two yr program n he as only done few months
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by adesbaba: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

On the contrary, your answer to question 3 is a combo of both......

If attempting to enter the UK again is on a sponsorship visa, you would have to declare circumstances of previous application.......

Depending on how good you know your onions, another company might think you might Maradona them........

Well,he doesn't plan coming to uk again to work from our discussions...he even loves living in the states than U.K ..he came to uk basically cos he felt they have good educational reputation...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by adesbaba: 9:44am On Apr 27, 2019
dustydee:

1. Yes
3. No

Pls,how much is the visa fees,£928 right?? and do all companies do the bond thing
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:49am On Apr 27, 2019
adesbaba:

Well,he doesn't plan coming to uk again to work from our discussions...he even loves living in the states than U.K ..he came to uk basically cos he felt they have good educational reputation...

So it simply means, you know more about this case than i do...

My response was solely based on his initial question......

And yes your reply was succinct........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2019
adesbaba:

Pls,how much is the visa fees,£928 right?? and do all companies do the bond thing
Depends on his consultant used. When I did mine, it came to about £2000 including the fees charged by the immigration consultants used by my company. There's also NHS surcharge. Some companies do not ask you to sign a bond but mine did. That should not stop you from leaving. He should ensure that his US visa is secured first before moving.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.