Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1310466 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 4:10pm On Apr 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

In this e - beer parlour, all we drink is e - beer....... Kwaruption is also e - Kwaruption..........

What happens on nairaland......... Remains on Nairaland...... grin cheesy

Yimu... Na from dance e dey take start cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Yimu... Na from dance e dey take start cheesy

Ok o.... I have try........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fabgirl22(f): 8:35pm On Apr 28, 2019
Anyone in london want to send between £1500-2000 to Nigeria? I have the equivalent in naira in my access bank account, I just need the money in pound, pm if you are interested , we can meet up in London for the exhange. Both will be done by bank transfer. thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:11am On Apr 29, 2019
fatima04:

If you have time try edit/shuffle details of your quote such as job title eg. Secretary to PA, mileage allowance and other little things before you choose. Takes a lot of time but worth it.

Also if possible pay at once rather than put it on direct debit, comes out way cheaper
aviva is interest free on monthly payment

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:12am On Apr 29, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Imagine the £10's that i have saved, since i went DIY stylee over 20 years ago........

And i don't barb prisoner stylee or baldee, i friction the bottom half too......... With practice, comes perfection (perfect barb in 15 minutes)..........

was going to cut my hair the other day and a brilliant idea sprang up...how about i dont cut it ever again....i'll see how long i can do this

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:14am On Apr 29, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Why I don't recommend that is because its for professional barbers. Also, the blades are metal and don't have rechargeable batteries.
The one I use has ceramic blades and you can use anywhere especially in front of the bathroom mirror. But if you are a rastaferian, that wahl one will work for you.
tried cutting my hair myself, it's all fun and games till the day youhave to shave it skin aftermaking mistake, and then the barber is ur friend which is about a month when my hair grew back...I'ma shower, not a grower wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:16am On Apr 29, 2019
imnotconfused:
Mamatukwas,

Husband has the Wahl vogue,I don't know how to classify it.

He was forming money saving DIY barber and ended up giving the son a life changing haircut.

As in I looked at my son and I could not talk,I wanted to laugh and wanted to cry..he almost scalped him in the name of haircut,left a shiny mess.I just told the boy that it's a cool hairstyle in Nigeria.

Since that day,it's been the barber £25 for both of them but at least I know the aftermath is a nice haircut not ayamatanga.

DIY is not for him.

Please know where your own husband falls in to avoid stories that touch.

True talk, this is me after buying £100 cordless clipper, only to remember i even had an old wahl from nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:55am On Apr 29, 2019
DaveChapelle:

was going to cut my hair the other day and a brilliant idea sprang up...how about i dont cut it ever again....i'll see how long i can do this

Ever heard of section 27?......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:57am On Apr 29, 2019
fabgirl22:
Anyone in london want to send between £1500-2000 to Nigeria? I have the equivalent in naira in my access bank account, I just need the money in pound, pm if you are interested , we can meet up in London for the exhange. Both will be done by bank transfer. thanks

Speak with Bebe2........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:01am On Apr 29, 2019
DaveChapelle:
tried cutting my hair myself, it's all fun and games till the day youhave to shave it skin aftermaking mistake, and then the barber is ur friend which is about a month when my hair grew back...I'ma shower, not a grower wink

Adjust the clipper blades out, so the blades are not aggressive.

By so doing, you cannot chop to the scalp........... And adjust blade accordingly..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
DaveChapelle:

There's a trick to it. You have to make use of the combs. If you want to do gorimapa, you don't need to attach any.

Realistically if you are into styling it's not for you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mrschubby: 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2019
I want to apply for a provisional driving license, do I need to get my National Insurance Number to be able to apply. Please help.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 12:34am On Apr 30, 2019
Mrschubby:
I want to apply for a provisional driving license, do I need to get my National Insurance Number to be able to apply. Please help.
check the requirements on the dvla website

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:00am On Apr 30, 2019
Anybody with experience on fixing a garage lock. The garage didn't come with a key. I think it's broken. And I'm still licking my wounds from buying bigman car, so i don't want to enter 1 chance with this 419 British tradesmen. Is the repair an expensive job... Please help!

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 6:34am On Apr 30, 2019
DaveChapelle:
Anybody with experience on fixing a garage lock. The garage didn't come with a key. I think it's broken. And I'm still licking my wounds from buying bigman car, so i don't want to enter 1 chance with this 419 British tradesmen. Is the repair an expensive job... Please help!

Check YouTube

The lockpick lawyer

Tradesmen might charge upwards of 70 pounds.

Ask property manager/previous owner etc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
DaveChapelle:

Go in YouTube , you might be able to do it yourself.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
DaveChapelle:

Very easy..... Drill lock through, once lock is off, lift garage door and replace lock....

Looks like you already have access to the garage... Just buy like4like and replace.........

NB : Be careful what's inside..... Might require yellow tape isolation........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Very easy..... Drill lock through, once lock is off, lift garage door and replace lock....

Looks like you already have access to the garage... Just buy like4like and replace.........

NB : Be careful what's inside..... Might require yellow tape isolation........... grin

Please can you translate for us mortals. I don't have the key, so i can't take out the lock when i unbolt it
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
DaveChapelle:

Please can you translate for us mortals. I don't have the key, so i can't take out the lock when i unbolt it

You would have to get an appropriate drill, and drill it out.....

Head to your nearest hire shop...........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2019
my worry was that the door opens without the lock now, and i think i might have to replace the whole assembly, not just the lock
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by femiart(m): 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hi good evening everyone, please I need help and clarification on something. My spouse(female) who is Nigerian and is also an EU citizen staying in Greece, she recently got a job in the UK. And she's coming to Nigeria in August for our marriage. Now my question is what type of marriage should we apply for at the ikoyi registry so it would be easier when we start the process for me to come to join her in the UK. Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by queengift(f): 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Can you pretend to be gay?
Hahahahahaha,

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
DaveChapelle:
my worry was that the door opens without the lock now, and i think i might have to replace the whole assembly, not just the lock

You are buying the whole garage lock kit....

You are removing the whole lock and assembly and replacing.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Can you pretend to be gay?

Are you offering your 1 or O.............. cheesy

Wọn kúkú ti sọwípé aṣẹ́wó ni ẹ........ grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Are you offering your 1 or O.............. cheesy

Wọn kúkú ti sọwípé aṣẹ́wó ni ẹ........ grin

Emi bawo.... grin just wanted to help point him in the right direction ni

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Foske(m): 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
Anyone in UK? Pls lets chat

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.