Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1305385 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 10:03am On Apr 27, 2019
Elderss:
Hello E-Fam,

Good evening to you all. I have been a silent reader and observer on this thread for quite a while. I must confess that this thread has been of tremendous help to me.

Please I need help on genuine job agencies for healthcare professionals as I have applied for some roles within the NHS and got a few rejection mails. Perhaps, I am not getting it right somewhere...not sure though.

To my seniors in the house, are there some rules I need to follow as regards getting job invites? Do I need to get registered with agencies that are specifically for healthcare professionals?

Thanks

Happy weekend great people.
Abeg make una help my condition by helping me out with the above enquiry.
I refuse to walk alone ooo.
Any input will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

@Lexusgs430
@fatima04
@dustydee
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Apr 27, 2019
Elderss:

Thanks

@Lexusgs430
@fatima04
@dustydee

Are you a Liverpool supporter?..... cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Apr 27, 2019
Elderss:

Thanks

@Lexusgs430
@fatima04
@dustydee

Have you tried applying directly through NHS jobs website?....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 10:51am On Apr 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Are you a Liverpool supporter?..... cool

grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 10:52am On Apr 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Have you tried applying directly through NHS jobs website?....

Yes sir... I have applied to several jobs through the NHS website.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 11:09am On Apr 27, 2019
DaveChapelle:
try aviva

Thanks sir.

I love your comedy skits

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by adesbaba: 11:11am On Apr 27, 2019
dustydee:

Depends on his consultant used. When I did mine, it came to about £2000 including the fees charged by the immigration consultants used by my company. There's also NHS surcharge. Some companies do not ask you to sign a bond but mine did. That should not stop you from leaving. He should ensure that his US visa is secured first before moving.

Oh okay...thanks a lot sir...why he is just concerned is that its a two-year rotational graduate trainee programme with HSCB..so he is thinking they might force him to finish the 2 yrs training first before he can opt out......

And for the £2000 fees or whatever cost his own is, since it is at the point of leaving that he will pay such amount...and he as worked fr some months,he should be able to have £2k in his savings....

Thanks once again sir
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:21am On Apr 27, 2019
Elderss:

What are you doing wrong?....? You dey carry your saare pass moshalashi............. grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 11:35am On Apr 27, 2019
spacyzuma:
So yesterday, I finally passed my practical manual driving test, on my 3rd attempt. grin

AFter the first 2 failures, I waited until winter was over and the days got longer, and I went with a different driving instructor. I bought 10 hour with this new guy, and he taught me how to handle roundabouts properly.

Before the test, I was quite tense. Within 5 minutes, I thought I had already made a serious error at the very first roundabout I encountered. I was just pissed off during the rest of the test, and was squeezing face 'cos I was sure I had failed again. It was a pleasant surprise to learn that I had passed.

Time to start shopping for car insurance and car purchase deals.

Congrats bro.

Now you're free to start driving with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the gear wink

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2019
Elderss:

NHS Job is highly competitive at the moment, recruiters get applications from all over the world, so you have to stand out in order to be shortlisted for a face to face interview talk more of Skype, Try and repackage your Statement of Information to suit the Job specification you are applying for, do not use one SOI for different applications,also give professional references, then try and email the person in charge of the recruitment and the head of interview panel too, stating why you want to join the trust,your skills and competences and ask to be given the opportunity to discuss it with them. Just follow them up with emails, I noticed here in the UK,organisations like emails. I hope this would help.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2019
umarwy:

Thanks bro

Please what is the acceptable range for a first time driver?

I am seeing scary figure

I paid just above £1500 to insure my first car. The car itself, a 2002 peugeot with above 100,000 mileage, cost me only £995 to buy. This was 5 years ago though. I currently pay less than £500 to insure a 2015 peugeot SUV crossover. There are some underground comparison sites that give good deals on car insurance way lower than the popular well-known comparison sites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2019
claremont:

I paid just above £1500 to insure my first car. The car itself, a 2002 peugeot with above 100,000 mileage, cost me only £995 to buy. This was 5 years ago though. I currently pay less than £500 to insure a 2015 peugeot SUV crossover. There are some underground comparison sites that give good deals on car insurance way lower than the popular well-known comparison sites.

Thanks alot.

How can I access said sites?? Tor browser

Help
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Welldone.. it not any easy waka. Did full refurbishment this year extenion and all due to been fooled by house under the hammer.

It was proper hard work. Its a no for me . Never again. Lol

Lol but you will love it everytime you wake up, walk into the house and all
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2019
TRAY2:

NHS Job is highly competitive at the moment, recruiters get applications from all over the world, so you have to stand out in order to be shortlisted for a face to face interview talk more of Skype, Try and repackage your Statement of Information to suit the Job specification you are applying for, do not use one SOI for different applications,also give professional references, then try and email the person in charge of the recruitment and the head of interview panel too, stating why you want to join the trust,your skills and competences and ask to be given the opportunity to discuss it with them. Just follow them up with emails, I noticed here in the UK,organisations like emails. I hope this would help.

Thanks Boss.
This is highly valuable. I appreciate
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2019
umarwy:

Thanks alot.

How can I access said sites?? Tor browser

Help

I Have been using this comparison site https://www.quotezone.co.uk/. The cheapest quote for my current car is £437/year.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:
My latest savings escapade......

I eventually settled for this Legend, but the navigation screen was fuzzy/faulty.....

Seller agreed to fix, but would increase selling cost by £1000 (this was for repair, not replacement)........

I contemplated replacing with android auto, for more enhanced functionality, but i might lose some functionalities, like voice activation etc etc...... ..

I tried to source in the UK, could not find OEM anywhere. My only choice was buying from Honda directly (£1499.00) before VAT.......

A breakers yard in the UK i contacted, only just replied me, he has now listed it on ebay for £178 + & 25 PP..... Thanks but no thanks............

I went yankee surfing, got it at an American breakers yard....

Total cost....... $37.00

My pal is in the states, so he brings it back FOC........

Ijebu boy no dey carry last.......

Baba ijebu of laif grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 3:38pm On Apr 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

www.moneysupermarket.com
www.confused.com

Or any other multiple checking portals.........

If you have time try edit/shuffle details of your quote such as job title eg. Secretary to PA, mileage allowance and other little things before you choose. Takes a lot of time but worth it.

Also if possible pay at once rather than put it on direct debit, comes out way cheaper

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2019
spacyzuma:
So yesterday, I finally passed my practical manual driving test, on my 3rd attempt. grin

AFter the first 2 failures, I waited until winter was over and the days got longer, and I went with a different driving instructor. I bought 10 hour with this new guy, and he taught me how to handle roundabouts properly.

Before the test, I was quite tense. Within 5 minutes, I thought I had already made a serious error at the very first roundabout I encountered. I was just pissed off during the rest of the test, and was squeezing face 'cos I was sure I had failed again. It was a pleasant surprise to learn that I had passed.

Time to start shopping for car insurance and car purchase deals.

Congratulobia

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2019
fatima04:

If you have time try edit/shuffle details of your quote such as job title eg. Secretary to PA, mileage allowance and other little things before you choose. Takes a lot of time but worth it.

Also if possible pay at once rather than put it on direct debit, comes out way cheaper

Thank you ma
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:49am On Apr 28, 2019
Good morning folks.

Please the Men that say they cut their hair themselves here should please post links to the exact clipper (s) they use. My Oga is tired of paying for rubbish.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:03am On Apr 28, 2019
Mamatukwas:
Good morning folks.

Please the Men that say they cut their hair themselves here should please post links to the exact clipper (s) they use. My Oga is tired of paying for rubbish.

Thank you in advance.

As I speak, I'm cutting mine with babyliss 7474U from amazon or ebay

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:07am On Apr 28, 2019
Mamatukwas:
Good morning folks.

Thank you in advance.

Wahl Super Taper..........

Or go wireless .........

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:12am On Apr 28, 2019
Mamatukwas:
Good morning folks.

Thank you in advance.

Imagine the £10's that i have saved, since i went DIY stylee over 20 years ago........

And i don't barb prisoner stylee or baldee, i friction the bottom half too......... With practice, comes perfection (perfect barb in 15 minutes)..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 11:19am On Apr 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Wahl Super Taper..........

Why I don't recommend that is because its for professional barbers. Also, the blades are metal and don't have rechargeable batteries.
The one I use has ceramic blades and you can use anywhere especially in front of the bathroom mirror. But if you are a rastaferian, that wahl one will work for you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Why I don't recommend that is because its for professional barbers. Also, the blades are metal and don't have rechargeable batteries.
The one I use has ceramic blades and you can use anywhere especially in front of the bathroom mirror. But if you are a rastaferian, that wahl one will work for you.

I am neither a rastaferian or professional barber, but Wahl super taper, is the DADDY......... grin

The wire is long enough to use in front of a mirror without any hassle.......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
Thank you @wonlasewonimi and Lexusgs430

I am showing him the comments. Grateful. He has the Wahl but has lost some parts. Is thinking of rebuying it or looking for a separate trimmer.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by imnotconfused: 1:39pm On Apr 28, 2019
Mamatukwas,

Husband has the Wahl vogue,I don't know how to classify it.

He was forming money saving DIY barber and ended up giving the son a life changing haircut.

As in I looked at my son and I could not talk,I wanted to laugh and wanted to cry..he almost scalped him in the name of haircut,left a shiny mess.I just told the boy that it's a cool hairstyle in Nigeria.

Since that day,it's been the barber £25 for both of them but at least I know the aftermath is a nice haircut not ayamatanga.

DIY is not for him.

Please know where your own husband falls in to avoid stories that touch.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
Mamatukwas:
Thank you @wonlasewonimi and Lexusgs430

I am showing him the comments. Grateful. He has the Wahl but has lost some parts. Is thinking of rebuying it or looking for a separate trimmer.

Don't only show him the comments, also get him registered on Nairaland.......

Lots of e - beer parlours to visit.......... cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2019
imnotconfused:
Mamatukwas,

He was forming money saving DIY barber and ended up giving the son a life changing haircut.

As in I looked at my son and I could not talk,I wanted to laugh and wanted to cry..he almost scalped him in the name of haircut,left a shiny mess.I just told the boy that it's a cool hairstyle in Nigeria.

Since that day,it's been the barber £25 for both of them but at least I know the aftermath is a nice haircut not ayamatanga.

DIY is not for him.

The beauty of hair....... It soon grows back....... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2019
imnotconfused:
Mamatukwas,

DIY is not for him.

Hahaha this happened the very first time he tried to cut my sons hair... I think I cried small sef sad... But since then other attempts have been much better smiley... I think what is convincing me is that the barbers here do not take their time to cut the hair. 3 minutes tops they are done! They just bring it low, we even have to talk them before they try to carve and shade. No more pls. Even me sef I will watch YouTube video and learn it. Mtschew.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
L
Lexusgs430:

Don't only show him the comments, also get him registered on Nairaland.......

Lots of e - beer parlours to visit.......... cheesy grin

This one that it took 3 years to get on WhatsApp. Facebook, Twitter , Insta Issa No! Plus he doesn’t drink smiley So no beer parlors in his future plis dear kiss.... You want me to register him so you can kwarapt my boo? Nehi grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:45pm On Apr 28, 2019
Mamatukwas:
L

This one that it took 3 years to get on WhatsApp. Facebook, Twitter , Insta Issa No! Plus he doesn’t drink smiley So no beer parlors in his future plis dear kiss.... You want me to register him so you can kwarapt my boo? Nehi grin

In this e - beer parlour, all we drink is e - beer....... Kwaruption is also e - Kwaruption..........

What happens on nairaland......... Remains on Nairaland...... grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.