Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,364 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1311275 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If book is very good, author or publisher/publishing house, would list on amazon......

Simply buy & download it.............

i want hard copies not soft copies...hard copies are way more expensive here than in Nigeria.
Thats why i purchased them in Nigeria and just looking for someone who is coming soon.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Our family + our home = our maintenance.........

Lazy man tongue ....lol. no be only "our"

Just joking on the lazy, On a serious note , it's to find what works for the couple. When my husband was in training, that permanent salary no fit do 70 percent so those years i did more than 30 percent . Once training ended oya come and take 90 percent self ..lol. but that us , it's works for us or else I go complain for Africa tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2019
This sharing formula wey we dey take joke, like play, like play so........

Simply explains why men die quicker than women........ I am not ready to die yet......

I am a happy - lazy, than strong - dead...... grin

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 5:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
Anyone else been carded in M&S while buying alcohol ? Weird.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
missjekyll:
Anyone else been carded in M&S while buying alcohol ? Weird.

The only card i got from M&S, was their loyalty card.....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Should I claim my council tax discount........ grin

these people are learners!! Afi thanks!!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by popplm(m): 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
Greetings to everyone, I have been following this thread and gained a lot from the experience of fellow nairalanders. I am planning to secure a tier 4 student Visa for the next year september 2020 admission and planning to move with my 4 dependants (3 sons of 3,7,10 years and my wife) but I don't want to travel at the same time with them them to sort accommodation and other stuff before they finally join after 2 months

My question: can I apply for their Visa at the same time with mine and if yes, can the Visa still be active 3 months after it's issued?

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

The only card i got from M&S, was their loyalty card.....

I was asked to produce proof of age,haba...I left the cider o. I m not about to carry my passport around on account of cider. That pizza better be worth it
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2019
missjekyll:

I was asked to produce proof of age,haba...I left the cider o. I m not about to carry my passport around on account of cider. That pizza better be worth it

Do you look young
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
missjekyll:

With my white hair, would be mad to doubt my age..... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2019
popplm:
Greetings to everyone, I have been following this thread and gained a lot from the experience of fellow nairalanders. I am planning to secure a tier 4 student Visa for the next year september 2020 admission and planning to move with my 4 dependants (3 sons of 3,7,10 years and my wife) but I don't want to travel at the same time with them them to sort accommodation and other stuff before they finally join after 2 months

My question: can I apply for their Visa at the same time with mine and if yes, can the Visa still be active 3 months after it's issued?

Thanks.

I stand to be corrected but your tier 4 visa ll come with a proviso that you enter the uk within 1 month of issuance . You can extend it but it ll involve some letter writing.

Why not do yours first and apply for theirs later?

this is probably none of my business and I m sure you have considered the hell out of your decision but my living expenses as as a single,bus riding, doesnt eat a lot and non partying immigrant is 1k minimum.

Have you got a plan for your monthly expenses smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2019
DisGuy:

these people are learners!! Afi thanks!!

They are really just learning.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
missjekyll:

I stand to be corrected but your tier 4 visa ll come with a proviso that you enter the uk within 1 month of issuance . You can extend it but it ll involve some letter writing.

this is probably none of my business and I m sure you have considered the hell out of your decision but my living expenses as as a single,bus riding, doesnt eat a lot and non partying immigrant is 1k minimum.

You don't have to eat less, my friend DaveChapelle has a fish, we can bring it to assist you in your food consumption & after consumption, we go partying .... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by popplm(m): 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2019
missjekyll:

You mean I have to write a letter to extend theirs if I leave them behind?

Living expenses? I can't leave my family behind while I study abroad. But I hope we can both be able to work to support our living there in Scotland.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
popplm:
Greetings to everyone, I have been following this thread and gained a lot from the experience of fellow nairalanders. I am planning to secure a tier 4 student Visa for the next year september 2020 admission and planning to move with my 4 dependents (3 sons of 3,7,10 years and my wife) but I don't want to travel at the same time with them them to sort accommodation and other stuff before they finally join after 2 months

Thanks.

There is no need applying for their visa at the same time if you are not traveling with them, you can apply for them when you sort out accommodation.

Though traveling with 4 dependants will cost you about £35k if your school is outside London. That figure does not include £1500.00 Health Surcharge

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
popplm:

You mean I have to write a letter to extend theirs if I leave them behind?

Living expenses? I can't leave my family behind while I study abroad. But I hope we can both be able to work to support our living there in Scotland.

I am guessing you are going to the UK for a PhD right?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

There is no need applying for their visa at the same time if you are not traveling with them, you can apply for them when you sort out accommodation.

Though traveling with 4 dependants will cost you about £35k if your school is outside London. That figure does not include £1500.00 Health Surcharge

Plus, none of the sons is old enough to take care of the others. So, either mummy or daddy will always have to be at home (after 5pm).
Or a carer will need to be employed, and paid minimum wage....

£35,000 is small money. Just about NGN 16,000,000.00 only

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
RalphJean:

Plus, none of the sons is old enough to take care of the others. So, either mummy or daddy will always have to be at home (after 5pm).
Or a carer will need to be employed, and paid minimum wage....

£35,000 is small money. Just about NGN 16,000,000.00 only

The wife has to do night shift.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 11:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
popplm:

Thanks.

You can apply for visa at the same time for everyone but for your dependants you can put a later date as their date of entry, ...I'm not sure of the number of months allowed between such arrivals but I know different dates of entry can be put for dependants
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:57am On Jun 23, 2019
Another Nigerian life, needlessly lost on the streets of London.......

And his killer only gets 28 months in a young offenders jail......

Victim was only trying to separate a fracas and was stabbed in the heart for his efforts.........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by popplm(m): 6:23am On Jun 23, 2019
EngrSaks:

You can apply for visa at the same time for everyone but for your dependants you can put a later date as their date of entry, ...I'm not sure of the number of months allowed between such arrivals but I know different dates of entry can be put for dependants
if this is possible, I will be glad.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by popplm(m): 6:24am On Jun 23, 2019
RalphJean:

I am guessing you are going to the UK for a PhD right?
No sir...coming for MSC in Scotland
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 8:54am On Jun 23, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You don't have to eat less, my friend DaveChapelle has a fish, we can bring it to assist you in your food consumption & after consumption, we go partying .... cheesy

Lol,I was a foodie in nigeria. In southern england,not so much...they dont know what pepper is
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:58am On Jun 23, 2019
missjekyll:

Lol,I was a foodie in nigeria. In southern england,not so much...they dont know what pepper is

You love pepper........ I am not coming again o........ grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kayceerilyn(f): 10:10am On Jun 23, 2019
popplm:
You're going to University of Edinburgh? Or Glasgow?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2019
popplm:

Wow!
Do you really want to do this?
Dislodge a family of 5 ( including yourself) from Nigeria for an MSc in Scotland?
A 1 year MSc? Or maximum 24 calendar months?
Have you carefully thought this through?

Back to your original issue:
Yes. You can apply for all at the same time. Or you can stagger the applications i.e you go first, settle down a bit then apply for them to join you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by popplm(m): 10:59am On Jun 23, 2019
kayceerilyn:
You're going to University of Edinburgh? Or Glasgow?
Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by popplm(m): 11:04am On Jun 23, 2019
RalphJean:

Wow!
Do you really want to do this?
Dislodge a family of 5 ( including yourself) from Nigeria for an MSc in Scotland?
A 1 year MSc? Or maximum 24 calendar months?
Have you carefully thought this through?

Back to your original issue:
Yes. You can apply for all at the same time. Or you can stagger the applications i.e you go first, settle down a bit then apply for them to join you.

thanks for your Advice sir, do you think it will be hard to cope with financing the family if my wife works as dependant and I also support with my 15 hours work permit. I really wish I can move with them.....all necessary advice and enlightenment are welcome.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:41am On Jun 23, 2019
popplm:
thanks for your Advice sir, do you think it will be hard to cope with financing the family if my wife works as dependant and I also support with my 15 hours work permit. I really wish I can move with them.....all necessary advice and enlightenment are welcome.

Will you be on a fully-paid Scholarship? Covering your tuition and living expenses?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by popplm(m): 12:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
RalphJean:

Will you be on a fully-paid Scholarship? Covering your tuition and living expenses?

I am sponsoring my self....I can afford to pay my tuition before I leave naija and safe up to 2M to cater for some expenses till I get work to support myself. As for the maintenance fee that is needed to stay in account for 28 days, a friend is willing to help with that. Is there any other thing I need to put in place?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2019
popplm:
I am sponsoring my self....I can afford to pay my tuition before I leave naija and safe up to 2M to cater for some expenses till I get work to support myself. As for the maintenance fee that is needed to stay in account for 28 days, a friend is willing to help with that. Is there any other thing I need to put in place?

The problem is there no more post study visa , so to uproot a family spend all that for one year... it's something you have to think properly if it worth it

So what the plan after the master , say for example there no post study so u expected to leave after the masters? . Would that be ok?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2019
popplm:

N2,000,000 naira = £4,450 or so.

Yes, your wife can get a job, (earning probably £10 per hour). Working night shifts (because someone has to be home with the young ones).

If your visa is valid for 12 (+4 or +6) months. What happens after that? You move with your entire family of 5 back to Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.