Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1308782 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
Greetings house

Please where is the best place for a well rounded life between cambridge, London and Devon? Especially for a chemical engineer
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
Send me a pm and we can talk.

[quote author=sgtponzihater1 post=79295958][/quote]
Thank you. What's ur advice to the man in the hole already now?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 10:46am On Jun 15, 2019
Good morning everyone, i’m In hot soup
I tried going to Dublin for sightseeing this morning, stopped by Irish immigration at Dundalk and sent back to the UK.
What does this mean for my visa and future applications?
I’m on their 2 visa , please help

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:50am On Jun 15, 2019
mim1031:
I tried going to Dublin for sightseeing this morning, stopped by Irish immigration at Dundalk and sent back to the UK.

Did you get visa or you tried to enter through Belfast?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2019
mim1031:

We had discussed this issue in the past..... Your visa is only UK centric.........

What it means is, you got a denied entry aka deportation. It would be noted on your records.

What it means is, be truthful and honest when asked the question (with explanation)........

NB : Take out the European Union......

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 10:57am On Jun 15, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

Did you get visa or you tried to enter through Belfast?

No, I didn’t get any visa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 10:58am On Jun 15, 2019
Thanks
Lexusgs430:

We had discussed this issue in the past..... Your visa is only UK centric.........

What it means is, you got a denied entry aka deportation. It would be noted on your records.

What it means is, be truthful and honest when asked the question (with explanation)........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:04am On Jun 15, 2019
mim1031:

Your visa route was schengen..........

And with this visa, the whole of Europe is your oyster........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 11:12am On Jun 15, 2019
Do I have to state this when I apply for ILR and I hope it doesn’t affect it, i’m Scared
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 11:13am On Jun 15, 2019
I only have UK tier 2 visa
Lexusgs430:

Your visa route was schengen..........

And with this visa, the whole of Europe is your oyster........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 11:34am On Jun 15, 2019
Thanks for this, but, I don’t plan going to Dublin anymore after today’s incident. Do I still need to apply for Schengen visa and will it help my case in any way?
justwise:

Apply for Schengen visa in any EU embassy in London but you will need a list of documents..flight booking confirmation, bank statement(3 months or more), payslip, travel insurance, proof of accommodation, data page of your passport, the biometric visa card and a letter explaining why you want to visit Dublin.

Get more info here https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/apply-from-uk/

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2019
Thanks so much, God bless y’all
justwise:

You need to apply for Schengen visa if you want to visit any EU country, regarding ILR application..its not a problem as long as you explained what happened.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 11:56am On Jun 15, 2019
mim1031:

You should have done your research, you can't even go there with Schengen visa. The only issue is that you have to answer 'have you ever been deported'? it could affect your future visa applications.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
mim1031:

Although too late to ask why would you risk this... until you get British passport you are suppose to be on your best behaviour at all times

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2019
I was told it’s no problem crossing over and many people do it. Now, I know better
wonlasewonimi:

You should have done your research, you can't even go there with Schengen visa. The only issue is that you have to answer 'have you ever been deported'? it could affect your future visa applications.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 12:53pm On Jun 15, 2019
I truly regret this, I was falsely assured plus I know people who have been to Ireland without issues
LagosismyHome:

Although too late to ask why would you risk this... until you get British passport you are suppose to be on your best behaviour at all times
[q[quote author=LagosismyHome post=79352996]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
mim1031:

Disregard my previous posts, that is for Iceland and not Ireland.

You can visit Dublin with a short stay UK visa and the application is made online here http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Visit%20Tourist#submit-online

Instruction here https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great-britain/our-services/visas/top-visa-questions/resident-in-the-uk/

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Jun 15, 2019
mim1031:
I was told it’s no problem crossing over and many people do it.
Now, I know better

That is true but some days the immigration officer will play strictly by the rule

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2019
mim1031:
I truly regret this, I was falsely assured plus I know people who have been to Ireland without issues
[q

I think it would be fine ... you were denied entry and not deported or something more serious. Just be careful next time. That people are doing something dont make it right. Always check what is the proper way and follow due process

If not when problem arises you carry your cross yourself. The so called " I know people" are never there to carry your cross when issue arises.. but if you follow due process then no issues

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2019
If you hold a Nigerian passport and resident in the UK, you require a transit visa to enter Ireland.
---
https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great-britain/our-services/visas/top-visa-questions/resident-in-the-uk/
I am resident in the UK and require a visa to travel to Ireland: how do I apply?
Step 1: Check the our guide to applying for a visa under Visas for Ireland for information on the supporting documents required, processing timeframes, processing fee, photo requirements and other useful information.

Schedule 5 - Transit Visas
If you are a citizen of one of these countries, you will need to apply for a transit visa
Afghanistan
Georgia
Nigeria
Albania
Ghana
Somalia
Cuba
Iran
Sri Lanka
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Iraq
Ukraine
Eritrea
Lebanon
Zimbabwe
Ethiopia
Moldova, Republic of

mim1031:
I was told it’s no problem crossing over and many people do it. Now, I know better

wonlasewonimi:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 4:42pm On Jun 15, 2019
Kolping:
If you hold a Nigerian passport and resident in the UK, you require a transit visa to enter Ireland.
---
https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/great-britain/our-services/visas/top-visa-questions/resident-in-the-uk/
I am resident in the UK and require a visa to travel to Ireland: how do I apply?
Step 1: Check the our guide to applying for a visa under Visas for Ireland for information on the supporting documents required, processing timeframes, processing fee, photo requirements and other useful information.

Schedule 5 - Transit Visas
If you are a citizen of one of these countries, you will need to apply for a transit visa
Afghanistan
Georgia
Nigeria
Albania
Ghana
Somalia
Cuba
Iran
Sri Lanka
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Iraq
Ukraine
Eritrea
Lebanon
Zimbabwe
Ethiopia
Moldova, Republic of

This is not about transit visa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
It is about travel from the UK to Ireland.

justwise:

This is not about transit visa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2019
Kolping:
It is about travel.

Now i understand why you spam threads with any travel link
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
mim1031:
[q
mim1031:

Chai! Sorry o.
I've done this before (Belfast to Dublin by bus) and Immigration didn't even stop either bus.

I don't know if this will affect your ILR in the future.
I got my ILR some months ago, and of course I didn't mention the trip to Dublin.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2019
I’m not as lucky. I think it’s best I open up about this in my future applications including ILR and pray to God in heaven for favourable outcomes
spacyzuma:

Chai! Sorry o.
I've done this before (Belfast to Dublin by bus) and Immigration didn't even stop either bus.

I don't know if this will affect your ILR in the future.
I got my ILR some months ago, and of course I didn't mention the trip to Dublin.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2019
Noted, thanks
LagosismyHome:

I think it would be fine ... you were denied entry and not deported or something more serious. Just be careful next time. That people are doing something dont make it right. Always check what is the proper way and follow due process

If not when problem arises you carry your cross yourself. The so called " I know people" are never there to carry your cross when issue arises.. but if you follow due process then no issues
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
mim1031:
I’m not as lucky. I think it’s best I open up about this in my future applications including ILR and pray to God in heaven for favourable outcomes

Don't be too hard on yourself, this is not actually deportation..you were turned back for not having a visa, you haven't entered Dublin illegally or caught with forged document.

Yes declare it in your future application..was your passport stamped or your finger print taken?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
mim1031:

Did they photograph/scan your passport or resident card? If no, then I think you shouldn't worry.

When I applied for ILR, I put all the places I'd been to outside UK and the dates.

But days after I did the biometric appointment, I discovered that I had made some mistakes with the dates and I forgot to mention one particular trip. I was so worried, but I still got the ILR.

I dont think you'll have to mention this in your ILR. When will you be due to apply?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 9:49pm On Jun 15, 2019
I didn’t have my passport on me and no finger print was taken but I had my photograph taken and BRP checked for identification, BRP was later returned to me but I noticed he typed some details on his desktop
justwise:

Don't be too hard on yourself, this is not actually deportation..you were turned back for not having a visa, you haven't entered Dublin illegally or caught with forged document.

Yes declare it in your future application..was your passport stamped or your finger print taken?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mim1031: 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2019
I think he copied some details from the resident card. I actually asked the immigration officer about the implications, he said it’s a stop from entering Ireland and I only have to explain in future applications that I was stopped because I didn’t know I require a visa to visit Ireland at the time
My ILR will be due in 3 years time, still a long time but i’m Worried about the whole issue
spacyzuma:

Did they photograph/scan your passport or resident card? If no, then I think you shouldn't worry.

When I applied for ILR, I put all the places I'd been to outside UK and the dates.

But days after I did the biometric appointment, I discovered that I had made some mistakes with the dates and I forgot to mention one particular trip. I was so worried, but I still got the ILR.

I dont think you'll have to mention this in your ILR. When will you be due to apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.