Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1309757 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
well, i'm all up for a good save....me and Mrs will go to Sunday market for cheapest tomatoes and peppers. But when it is time to buy new phone, Na Iphone 10 oh,or i divorce you, and i wonder why she is not consistent with the Aldi life, why can't we buy her phone from the sunday market too
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
DaveChapelle:
well, i'm all up for a good save....me and Mrs will go to Sunday market for cheapest tomatoes and peppers. But when it is time to buy new phone, Na Iphone 10 oh,or i divorce you, and i wonder why she is not consistent with the Aldi life, why can't we buy her phone from the sunday market too

The Sunday Markets i have bintu, sells fish and iphones........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Donald don vex o.......

Chei E pain am!!!

Tbh if they expose what all ambassadors report back to their govt there wont be g20, commonwealth etc etc anymore lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
DisGuy:

Chei E pain am!!!

Tbh if they expose what all ambassadors report back to their govt there wont be g20, commonwealth etc etc anymore lipsrsealed

They are still searching for the grass......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Usually happens when you first land ......... There always beauty in humble journeys , when you start seeing the milk and honey flow abi na gush , you smile and remember the journey . 11 Years ago my first car was a hatch back ford focus now i cannot drive that car cheesy but have fond memories driving it then .

Hmm diaris God oooo
See car me I'm displaying anyhow for village people, better ford focus that i polish every Sunday morning to snap for my village chief in anticipation of my chieftaincy title

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
Divine88:

Civic of cos. But if u need a low fuel consumption car and a reasonable range car for a family of 3-4, nothing beats Kia Picanto, Hyundai i10, VW Up, Seat Mii & Skoda Citigo. Cheap to maintain and low insurance. Abeg Toyota Aygo should not been mentioned here ooo. Aygo should be a no no.

So for a lot of first time drivers/buyers like majority of us in this country, get something that will give u peace of mind. You don't need to be a petrol head, start small, get something that is value for money and just seat back.

What about Aygo, I have been eyeing it since a lot of people mentioned it on here oo. Awa humble beginners
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Lexusgs430:

They are still searching for the grass......... grin

Na Theresa June deyleak all those things...even the Hauwei one...who else would it be...yinmu
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
who is hiding better gist
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
DaveChapelle:

Na Theresa June deyleak all those things...even the Hauwei one...who else would it be...yinmu

So you are insinuating, Theresa July is dropping banana skins on her way out............ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
Divine88:

Civic of cos. But if u need a low fuel consumption car and a reasonable range car for a family of 3-4, nothing beats Kia Picanto, Hyundai i10, VW Up, Seat Mii & Skoda Citigo. Cheap to maintain and low insurance. Abeg Toyota Aygo should not been mentioned here ooo. Aygo should be a no no.

So for a lot of first time drivers/buyers like majority of us in this country, get something that will give u peace of mind. You don't need to be a petrol head, start small, get something that is value for money and just seat back.

Wetin do aygo?

A beautiful 4 seater vehicle, very low maintenance, free road tax, low insurance, low petrol consumption etc etc etc.............

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Divine88: 8:12am On Jul 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Wetin do aygo?

A beautiful 4 seater vehicle, very low maintenance, free road tax, low insurance, low petrol consumption etc etc etc.............

Oga Lexus try get my point. The above Toyota Aygo is a new generation Aygo. All I've said is people should get reasonable good used cars.
I meant Toyota Aygo 2009- 2014 is a no no for me.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Divine88: 8:16am On Jul 10, 2019
fatima04:

What about Aygo, I have been eyeing it since a lot of people mentioned it on here oo. Awa humble beginners

The new generation Aygo is good, but they are mainly new tear rubber and are pricey.
Since it's common sense to get a fairly used car as a starter, I won't advice you go for Toyota Aygo cos the ones u will find are the 2009-2014 models.
Hyundai i10 is quite good tho and have enough room space. Try read the reviews of all the above brand/make I commented earlier.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:48am On Jul 10, 2019
Divine88:

Oga Lexus try get my point. The above Toyota Aygo is a new generation Aygo. All I've said is people should get reasonable good used cars.
I meant Toyota Aygo 2009- 2014 is a no no for me.

You are just expressing your true position Oga....... Are you saying, the 1st generation aygo's are fugly............ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Divine88: 9:31am On Jul 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You are just expressing your true position Oga....... Are you saying, the 1st generation aygo's are fugly............ cheesy

Hahahaha they look o.k tho but just the engine power is too slow. They only come in 1l, no enough leg/load space. The new generation too is 1l too but powerful. My opinion like u said tho.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2019
Divine88:

True talk my brother. Just commonsense. It is not only about saving but common sense.
A lot of folks here go for all these massive cars on PCP ooo not outright ownership despite working in mediocre jobs just to feel among. Why not cut your coat according to size.
Save reasonably and get yourself a car that will serve you and your family well.
Na wetin dey kill us for 9ja be this, showing off cars forgetting cars have massive depreciation and driving small cars with big efficient engines are the best ways to enjoy yourself in this country

You've said it all , a word is enough for the wise. Lots of CEO's here on a £1M salary package ride bikes and scooters, some don't even own cars because they feel its not a necessity, but try this in Nigeria and they will call you money miss road. Most Nigerians have got misplaced priorities that's why the country is in a mess.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Divine88: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2019
Rubyventures:

You've said it all , a word is enough for the wise. Lots of CEO's here on a £1M salary package ride bikes and scooters, some don't even own cars because they feel its not a necessity, but try this in Nigeria and they will call you money miss road. Most Nigerians have got misplaced priorities that's why the country is in a mess.

Abi ooo. Many of our folks here still carry that same syndrome from home to this country. I don't know how we can break away from this misplaced priority syndrome that affect the black community.
It reminds me of a documentary I watched few months ago, it was during when Idi Amin decided to send off the Indians and other Asians out of Uganda. An Asia man was interviewed and ask why do Asians do well than their African counterpart? He gave valid and concrete reasons why that is.
An African and Asian workmates on the same salary, the Asian saved up and keep some for rainy days while the African spends his salary on things to show off and then come back to borrow from the Asian to support/service whatever venture he is onto.
The Asian will lend him the money with interest so the African guy is indebted to his Asian workmate forever.
The cycle continue like that.
Abeg make Una no vex with my long story. But that's the fact. Make we drop all these I need to tell people I don arrive!!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2019
Be proud of your one pack..........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kingreign(m): 11:47am On Jul 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Gbam!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Or amusement 'pack'
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

DAMN!! THis is scary. I've been lifting 60kg at my local gym machine and I dey aim to lift 80 by xmas.
These 6-pack and biceps and pecs must turn up by force, by fire!

May he RIP.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2019
Divine88:

I'd prefer to get a cheap 2/3-door car, as I no get family here. I prefer Compact/crossover/mini/small-SUVs like Citroen C3 or C4.
Several uber drivers have told me to buy a Skoda, cos they have excellent fuel mileage.

Which car would you recommend?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Donald don vex o.......

Donald will be happy now that Sir Kim Darroch don resign.

Unfortunate, but I think the resignation was the best thing to save US-UK relations. 'Cos Donald would keep insulting and vexing, while Theresa, UK & EU politicians supported Sir Kim.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
spacyzuma:

Donald will be happy now that Sir Kim Darroch don resign.

Unfortunate, but I think the resignation was the best thing to save US-UK relations. 'Cos Donald would keep insulting and vexing, while Theresa, UK & EU politicians supported Sir Kim.

The backlash against Boris, would be massive......... They expected Boris to Support Kim.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
spacyzuma:

I'd prefer to get a cheap 2/3-door car, as I no get family here. I prefer Compact/crossover/mini/small-SUVs like Citroen C3 or C4.
Several uber drivers have told me to buy a Skoda, cos they have excellent fuel mileage.

Which car would you recommend?

No buy diesel o..........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Definitely not diesel.

If pepper dey, my dream car na Tesla Model S cry

For now, make I use my small change to buy fairly-used 6-speed manual, petrol >1.2L car
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Why?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2019
dustydee:

Why?

ULEZ....... + future taxations.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
dustydee:

Why?

After the government encouraged people to buy Diesel they have now change mouth that it the most polluted cars and leading to air congestion so now Diesel car owners will most likely be taxed way more in the future . The London of mayor has manufactured ways to penalize owners with the London's Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) charge. i currently drive a Diesel but wont buy one again

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

ULEZ....... + future taxations.....
ULEZ is a London sturfz for now.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
dustydee:

ULEZ is a London sturfz for now.

Keyword..... FOR NOW.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.