Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1310148 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
Can somebody please explain to my why a current account switch will adversely affect my credit score?? I’m so annoyed.

And I didn’t ask for overdraft o, I’m sure I cancelled it sef. Why should opening a normal account affect credit score? E just no make sense at all!

Anyway, just got on the Lifetime ISA bandwagon. It sounds too incredible that I feel there’s a big but. Does anyone have experience with the Lisa? If me and hubby open our own lisa, in two years, we are looking at 20k deposit for our house.. it just sounds too good to be true.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bebe2(f): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2019
hello fellow brits and residents,

am tired ooooo, am just tired of the uk,

the weather, the system, the environment all just tire me.

I don't even know wat am supposed to do, i have booked a holiday in dubai for January hoping

hoping it will help me reavaluate things. been here for almost 20 years, hubby thinks am just a restless

busy body undecided , does anyone else feel this way?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
bebe2:

I don't even know wat am supposed to do, i have booked a holiday in dubai for January hoping

hoping it will help me reavaluate things. been here for almost 20 years, hubby thinks am just a restless

“If you are indeed tired, then maybe you need to go back to the Boko-Haram and Herdsmen/Bandit/Kidnapper-infested sh*thole you came from”

Note the “ “ marks please.
No be me talk am ohhh
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
bebe2:

It's a phase.........

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hello good people of nairaland . I am new to this forum, it is through search to my problem I got this forum. I and my wife is confused and in big dilemma right now. We need advice and suggestions what we can do to solve the problem we are in right now. We never knew that this problem will come up like this and never knew that my wife will get idenfite leave this soonest. We lost hope on it. lawyers are charging us alot to solve the problem. (£1400)My wife is based in the UK. In 2013 she came to Nigeria we got married in court and did small traditional marriage .Then my wife spent three weeks bf she left UK and promise to fille spouse visa for me but my wife was refused indenfite leave two times in 2015&2017. I got frustrated staying alone ,so my family was contemplating calling off the marriage bc they need grand kids and me too need to settle down. I was also refused visiting visa twice bf I got married. So I re-applied again for visiting visa this May 2019 through an agent and the agent advice that I put single in the application instead of married. The reason the agent put single is that he said that home office will denied my visa application if I write that my wife stays in the UK and homeoffice will refuse it bc they might think I will not like to come bk again. So I agree to what the agent said, we put single. I got the visiting visa and travel around June. And also I and my wife deceided that I will not come bk bc my wife av been trying to conceive. My wife put in for her papers again, To the glory of God my wife was given Indenfite leave just yesterday .But the problem now is that i wrote I was single in my visiting visa application. Please house can my wife still apply for spouse visa for me using our previous court marriage certificate? Will the visa be denied bc of saying I was single in my visiting visa application? If my wife explain to ECO in cover letter will they give me spouse visa? Should I come back to Nigeria and apply for marriage visa, so that we can remarry again in the UK and then I go bk to Nigeria and the spouse visa will be filled? We spoke to my wife lawyer she said we can apply for spouse visa but need to explain all in cover letter to ECO why I decided to put single in my visiting visa application. Please I need suggestions and advise from the house. I and my wife are in serious dilemma. Please I will appreciate advice to this situation or suggestions on what can be done. Or is there any body that have lied in visa application and apologize and got visa? I really need to be with my wife so that we can start making babes. Thanks you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
bebe2:

Instead of going to Dubai maybe you go to Naija , dont target Abuja or the fine places in Lagos .......... after 2 weeks of seeing the hectic and stress associated with some places in Nigeria it would help reset and reevaluate things . Especially you that has been out for 20 years , naija will appear way more stressful. I haven't been here that long but now for me Naija is fun but after like 2 weeks i become tired

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CowbellY: 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
bebe2:

Haha! Just the person I was looking for. How do I contact you ma'am.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:
Hello good people of nairaland . I am new to this forum, it is through search to my problem I got this forum. I and my wife is confused and in big dilemma right now. We need advice and suggestions what we can do to solve the problem we are in right now. We never knew that this problem will come up like this and never knew that my wife will get idenfite leave this soonest. We lost hope on it. lawyers are charging us alot to solve the problem. (£1400)My wife is based in the UK. In 2013 she came to Nigeria we got married in court and did small traditional marriage .Then my wife spent three weeks bf she left UK and promise to fille spouse visa for me but my wife was refused indenfite leave two times in 2015&2017. I got frustrated staying alone ,so my family was contemplating calling off the marriage bc they need grand kids and me too need to settle down. I was also refused visiting visa twice bf I got married. So I re-applied again for visiting visa this May 2019 through an agent and the agent advice that I put single in the application instead of married. The reason the agent put single is that he said that home office will denied my visa application if I write that my wife stays in the UK and homeoffice will refuse it bc they might think I will not like to come bk again. So I agree to what the agent said, we put single. I got the visiting visa and travel around June. And also I and my wife deceided that I will not come bk bc my wife av been trying to conceive. My wife put in for her papers again, To the glory of God my wife was given Indenfite leave just yesterday .But the problem now is that i wrote I was single in my visiting visa application. Please house can my wife still apply for spouse visa for me using our previous court marriage certificate? Will the visa be denied bc of saying I was single in my visiting visa application? If my wife explain to ECO in cover letter will they give me spouse visa? Should I come back to Nigeria and apply for marriage visa, so that we can remarry again in the UK and then I go bk to Nigeria and the spouse visa will be filled? We spoke to my wife lawyer she said we can apply for spouse visa but need to explain all in cover letter to ECO why I decided to put single in my visiting visa application. Please I need suggestions and advise from the house. I and my wife are in serious dilemma. Please I will appreciate advice to this situation or suggestions on what can be done. Or is there any body that have lied in visa application and apologize and got visa? I really need to be with my wife so that we can start making babes. Thanks you.

I don’t have an answer to your dilemma.
I rather had a question in my mind.
If I were you wife, I would be careful, very careful.
A man whose family (and himself too) thinks it’s ok to divorce me sake of say dem wan grand-pikin...wahala dey!

I hope your wife doesn’t follow this thread on Nairaland to see that you & your family had actually contemplated divorcing her because the grand children haven’t arrived yet.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
RalphJean:

A man whose family (and himself too) thinks it’s ok to divorce me sake of say dem wan grand-pikin...wahala dey!

I hope your wife doesn’t follow this thread on Nairaland to see that you & your family had actually contemplated divorcing her because the grand children haven’t arrived yet.

Swear I was thinking the same.. what a very conditional love!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

You could have met and married her while you were here. So it doesn’t matter if you put that you were single or not. What me I’m after (other than your plastic love for your wife) is if you overstayed. If you overstayed, just humbly wait till after 10 years then apply for residency. If you didn’t overstay, you have only one problem, which is divorcing your wife and re-marrying her Cos your singlehood will not tally with your lie if you provide a court certificate that says you married before you declared how single you are.

Also, i’m wondering how home office didn’t see through your lies since you declared being married twice then declared you’re single without a divorce cert. it must have been an inept person working on your application OR Gods favour.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Out of desperation, you have complicated a very simple issue.........

That lie, cannot be unlied (if such word exist).....

Even after paying that £1400..... No guarantee......

If i was in your shoes, going to Nigeria and doing it all over again, would be my ideal start point and a lesson for future dealings........

NB: Are you saying lawyers want to magic your visiting visa, into spousal visa? Remember, lawyers too got bills to pay..... That £1400 would balloon into £6000 with no outcome........

While at it, head to spousal thread for guidance........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bebe2(f): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
CowbellY:

Haha! Just the person I was looking for. How do I contact you ma'am.

grin grin grin see me oooooo

pm me
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
RalphJean:

Thanks for your response. I am glad my wife is reading all the responses and we are taking note of it. I love my wife so much and we are only looking for soln to our problems that is all. We all av different family background with their attitude towards having grand kids. I am glad My wife understand my family background. I am the only child and parent like that are always worried. Once again thanks for your response. I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bebe2(f): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Instead of going to Dubai maybe you go to Naija , dont target Abuja or the fine places in Lagos .......... after 2 weeks of seeing the hectic and stress associated with some places in Nigeria it would help reset and reevaluate things . Especially you that has been out for 20 years , naija will appear way more stressful. I haven't been here that long but now for me Naija is fun but after like 2 weeks i become tired

noooooooo ah , i go to Nigeria 2wice a year. i that want that sight all

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Out of desperation, you have complicated a very simple issue.........

That lie, cannot be unlied (if such word exist).....

Even after paying that £1400..... No guarantee......

If i was in your shoes, going to Nigeria and doing it all over again, would be my ideal start point and a lesson for future dealings........

NB: Are you saying lawyers want to magic your visiting visa, into spousal visa? Remember, lawyers too got bills to pay..... That £1400 would balloon into £6000 with no outcome........

While at it, head to spousal thread for guidance........

Thanks for your respond. I never said that lawyer want to magic my visiting visa into spouse visa. I am going to come back to Nigeria.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bebe2(f): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
Lexusgs430:

It's a phase.........

i hope so, i even thot of going to America but my husband and kids are not ready for so such adventures.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
Aphrodite007:

You could have met and married her while you were here. So it doesn’t matter if you put that you were single or not. What me I’m after (other than your plastic love for your wife) is if you overstayed. If you overstayed, just humbly wait till after 10 years then apply for residency. If you didn’t overstay, you have only one problem, which is divorcing your wife and re-marrying her Cos your singlehood will not tally with your lie if you provide a court certificate that says you married before you declared how single you are.

Also, i’m wondering how home office didn’t see through your lies since you declared being married twice then declared you’re single without a divorce cert. it must have been an inept person working on your application OR Gods favour.

Thanks for your time
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Thanks for your time

Oga. You realised that I just told you that the only way out is divorcing her and remarrying her right? Or if you overstayed you have to keep overstaying till after 10 years, of which you have to divorce and remarry her while waiting for the 10 years.

Thanks for your time you too!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CowbellY: 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Thanks for your respond. I never said that lawyer want to magic my visiting visa into spouse visa. I am going to come back to Nigeria.

I believe it's a straightforward process seeing as you haven't submitted a prior application stating you were married.

You should definitely not overstay, then go to Nigeria to begin your spousal Visa application.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 8:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:
For me the easiest thing will be to marry her again.You mentioned you have done traditional and court wedding, then go back and do church or mosque if you belong to any of those faiths. Whatever you do, do not over stay because UK does not joke with overstayers, not even spouses.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
dustydee:

For me the easiest thing will be to marry her again.You mentioned you have done traditional and court wedding, then go back and do church or mosque if you belong to any of those faiths. Whatever you do, do not over stay because UK does not joke with overstayers, not even spouses.

Many thanks Dustydee. That is what we are contemplating doing. Honestly we regret this lie we told. We are either contemplating we do marry visa, a friend also mentioned to my wife instead of marriage visa, we can do fiancé visa which I am still making research.

UK Embassy does not accept church wedding, they only accept court marriage certificate for spouse visa as I learnt.

I will definitely not overstay. I am coming bk to Nigeria by God grace soonest.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2019
CowbellY:

I believe it's a straightforward process seeing as you haven't submitted a prior application stating you were married.

You should definitely not overstay, then go to Nigeria to begin your spousal Visa application.

Many thanks cowbellY. I will definitely not overstay my visit. But I am really scared of applying spouse visa with the lie in my previous application. God help me!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
bebe2:

noooooooo ah , i go to Nigeria 2wice a year. i that want that sight all

smiley cheesy grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Oga. You realised that I just told you that the only way out is divorcing her and remarrying her right? Or if you overstayed you have to keep overstaying till after 10 years, of which you have to divorce and remarry her while waiting for the 10 years.

Thanks for your time you too!

Many thanks. But divorcing my wife just because of this lie. Divorce takes a long time. What do you think please?

I am not overstaying again, not easy here overstaying.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

You really should have been truthful and consistent so hope you learnt how a lie is not necessary

That been said , I am not am im migration lawyer but know faintly that when the child is born , you might be able to get a "stay " based on discretion as a parent of a British child. The downside It would take you 10 years to get ILR compared on a spouse visa that would have taken 5 years to ILR but at least you have a legal stay .

I dont have the full details regarding that parent of a British child or based family ties because i personally didn't do it but i have heard in the pass of people who had overstayed and regularised based on that

The mistake has been made but before you rush off to Nigeria. Research properly on the options here based on what I mentioned .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
LagosismyHome:

You really should have been truthful and consistent so hope you learnt how a lie is not necessary

That been said , I am not am im migration lawyer but know faintly that when the child is born , you might be able to get a "stay " based on discretion as a parent of a British child. The downside It would take you 10 years to get ILR compared on a spouse visa that would have taken 5 years to ILR but at least you have a legal stay .

I dont have the full details regarding that parent of a British child or based family ties because i personally didn't do it but i have heard in the pass of people who had overstayed and regularised based on that

The mistake has been made but before you rush off to Nigeria. Research properly on the options here based on what I mentioned . Also UK rules changes so frequently that is possible what I told you have been modified , changed or scrapped.... I not really current but do hear one or two thing via the wind so do Your research

Many thanks . I really appreciate. Yes my wife said something about this child route and she said that many have done it. That was the route we were contemplating taken bf I came in with visiting visa. Thanks I will look into it

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Many thanks . I really appreciate. Yes my wife said something about this child route and she said that many have done it. That was the route we were contemplating taken bf I came in with visiting visa. Thanks I will look into it

UK rules changes so frequently that is possible what I told you have been modified , changed or scrapped.... I am not really current but do hear one or two thing via the wind so yes do Your research
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Many thanks. But divorcing my wife just because of this lie. Divorce takes a long time. What do you think please?

I am not overstaying again, not easy here overstaying.

Divorce is difficult when one party is refusing. It’s convenient to divorce her seeing as you’re re-marrying her. Unless you won’t be requesting for a spousal visa, you must divorce and remarry her to have your lie tally with your marriage.

Or let’s pray they didn’t noticed that you declared that you’re single.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

I am assuming that in your previous applications which were refused, you wrote “Married”.

Then in the application that was finally granted, you wrote “Single”

Now let me play the devil’s advocate here.

Maybe your ‘Singleness’ was not the reason your visiting visa was granted. Maybe there were other criteria which you didn’t meet in your previous refusals, but met those in the current application.

What if you simply apply for spousal, and pretend that the ‘single ‘ was an honest error?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Many thanks Dustydee. That is what we are contemplating doing. Honestly we regret this lie we told. We are either contemplating we do marry visa, a friend also mentioned to my wife instead of marriage visa, we can do fiancé visa which I am still making research.

UK Embassy does not accept church wedding, they only accept court marriage certificate for spouse visa as I learnt.

I did not do court wedding. Court and church wedding are essentially the same in Nigeria. They both carry the same weight so doing the two is more or less repetition (I found that out when I was preparing to marry).
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Out of curiosity, what is the lawyer charging £1400 for?...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
LuvlyIva:

False...... Some churches are affiliated with registry registers and issue same valid certificates.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.