Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,775 members, 7,831,494 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1317662 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
RalphJean:

She is assuming that a Fiancé visa application is automatically a given right?
If I recall correctly, a fiancé visa is essentially a standard visitor visa.
What if the fiancé visa is not granted? What next?

Just do everything to convince your wife to travel to Nigeria for a ‘re-marriage’

Do you know what a little part of my heart is telling me?
The woman no wan go Naija sake of say she no wan go meet her in-laws who are more interested in Grand kids than they are in her, or her happiness.

Many thanks @Jean I really appreciate all your advice and my wife is reading all. I am begging her to come back to Nigeria. I agree with you that she doesn't want to see my pple. Even if she doesn't want to see them, I can organise her to come without seeing my parents. After the court marriage she go bk immediately.
Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Jesus! 5M angry where will I get such money. I rather persuade my wife to come bk so we can remarry than all this money u are taking about. I think remarry is the best from all the advices I have gotten from this wonderful forum.

Many thanks @Justwise I really appreciate all your responses and advice. I have taken noted of them. I will never overstay. I am coming bk soonest. And I will persuade my wife to come bk so that we remarry and get a certificate to apply fresh rather than applying and getting refused. I don't want to be banned. Thank you.

Pls lest I forget do you know if we can do court marriage in our home state? In Imo state. Will home office accept the certificate or we do at Ikeja Lagos? We can't go to Ikoyi BC that is where we did the first one. If home office accept local one I don't mind.

For the self employed are there other documents she needs apart from p60, tax and statement of account.

Thank you

There seem to be this devilish lie from the deepest pit of hell that has been brandished so much it now looks like the truth:

“Ikoyi Registry”

I have never been to Lagos.
I have never been to Abuja.
My marriage certificate was issued in my LGA HQ.
Not even in my state capital ohhh.
And it is what I have been using since 19-MungoPark.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2019
RalphJean:

Good morning brother,
It’s nice you said your wife is reading all the responses here.
1. Why EXACTLY does she not even want to VISIT Nigeria?
2. In all her own applications for ILR, what has she been writing? Single? Married?

You & your wife needs to talk. If she loves you, as much as you Love her. Sit down together and reason like adults.
You return to Nigeria.
She returns a little thereafter.
You go to a registry and get married legally (“again”).
Organise a little ceremony.
She returns to the UK alone.
You guys begin to file for spousal visa.
#Dazzol

In one of your posts, you said travelling to Naija will be too expensive for her. That’s not entirely correct. £1400 is enough for a return ticket for her. The remaining ‘change’ is more than enough for registry marriage, and a little party thereafter.

Don’t make things difficult for yourselves.

Many thanks dear. All you said have bin noted. I will do that.

Pls lest I forget do you know if we can do court marriage in our home state? In Imo state. Will home office accept the certificate or we do at Ikeja Lagos? We can't go to Ikoyi BC that is where we did the first one. If home office accept local one I don't mind.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Jesus! 5M angry where will I get such money. I rather persuade my wife to come bk so we can remarry than all this money u are taking about. I think remarry is the best from all the advices I have gotten from this wonderful forum.

Many thanks @Justwise I really appreciate all your responses and advice. I have taken noted of them. I will never overstay. I am coming bk soonest. And I will persuade my wife to come bk so that we remarry and get a certificate to apply fresh rather than applying and getting refused. I don't want to be banned. Thank you.

For the self employed are there other documents she needs apart from p60, tax and statement of account.

Thank you

100% yes, somebody i know did that in 2018 and used it for spouse visa application, i forgot the name of the registry in Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
justwise:

100% yes, somebody i know did that in 2018 and used it for spouse visa application, i forgot the name of the registry in Owerri.

Ok. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Going to Alpha lounge Lewisham for starters, then finish off at King's lounge Barking............ grin
Bros, I stay in London during the week (Airbnb) and often stay around east London (Whitechapel etc.) any recommendations south of the Thames? I am often skeptical about knife crimes. My commute is to Central London.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TrumpsWall: 1:49pm On Jul 20, 2019
You have pictures of wedding/tradition but all you need is a certificate. This might sound silly but does anyone know if Marriage in absentia fulfil Ukvi criteria?

LuvlyIva:

Noted . Many thanks. Ps bros remember to dig out the self employed documents so that I we arrange it bf I leave UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2019
TrumpsWall:
You have pictures of wedding/tradition but all you need is a certificate. This might sound silly but does anyone know if Marriage in absentia fulfil Ukvi criteria?

The applicant alone, standing in front of Ikoyi registry board holding marriage certificate?

No basis legally, for such a marriage........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
dustydee:

Bros, I stay in London during the week (Airbnb) and often stay around east London (Whitechapel etc.) any recommendations south of the Thames? I am often skeptical about knife crimes. My commute is to Central London.

It looks like no area is fully isolated from knife crimes now, some areas are just completely off the scale.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2019
TrumpsWall:

That is a nice question guy but the ECO will detect another lies. If someone stand in for my wife in court and the year on the certificate will not match with her entries stamps on the passport. They will search the year on his passport entries and also the signatures of my wife will not march with documents submitted.
Eco will say another fake marriage.

This one na another complication. From flying pan to fire�. Lol! Make I remove the one I committed first. Lol

Thank for your comment

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2019
RalphJean:

There seem to be this devilish lie from the deepest pit of hell that has been brandished so much it now looks like the truth:

“Ikoyi Registry”

Ikoyi registry is just very popular, because it seems majority of applicants, are based in Lagos...........

UKVI would accept a registry marriage certificate from Sambisa forest, so long as it's legally binding........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2019
TrumpsWall:

Marriage in absentia can be done only for traditional marriage not church or court bc of exchange of vows and signatures. If I do marriage in absentia how can we defend the pictures we previously took
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2019
LuvlyIva:

Marriage in absentia can be done only for traditional marriage not church or court bc of exchange of vows and signatures. If I do marriage in absentia how can we defend the pictures we previously took
Someone asked if your wife stated she was married in her own ILR application because that one too is something else.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 6:24pm On Jul 20, 2019
RalphJean:

“Ikoyi Registry”

I believe the folks at the registry have a great marketing team.

I used certificate of marriage from sharia court in the north central

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
RalphJean:

Good morning brother,
It’s nice you said your wife is reading all the responses here.
1. Why EXACTLY does she not even want to VISIT Nigeria?
2. In all her own applications for ILR, what has she been writing? Single? Married?

You & your wife needs to talk. If she loves you, as much as you Love her. Sit down together and reason like adults.
You return to Nigeria.
She returns a little thereafter.
You go to a registry and get married legally (“again”).
Organise a little ceremony.
She returns to the UK alone.
You guys begin to file for spousal visa.
#Dazzol

In one of your posts, you said travelling to Naija will be too expensive for her. That’s not entirely correct. £1400 is enough for a return ticket for her. The remaining ‘change’ is more than enough for registry marriage, and a little party thereafter.

Don’t make things difficult for yourselves.

This is exactly what I said, but no, my mouth is smelling so he didn’t want to listen. If he has been married before, he will have to divorce her and re-marry (unless the first certificate wasn’t from a court). That’s the only way he can come in through the right way and he able to work.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2019
RalphJean:

“Ikoyi Registry”

I am not sure how correct this is. Before 2018 the embassies received all wedding certificates both local and federal. But there was a circular in the newspapers that the embassies are only going to recognise federal.

I didn’t want to test the waters with my own spousal visa so I just went to a federal court and did mine to avoid stories that touch. So unless someone that did their spousal visa in 2018 says that they used their local govt wedding cert, I think it’s best to just do the federal.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CharisJay: 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2019
Aphrodite007:

I am not sure how correct this is. Before 2018 the embassies received all wedding certificates both local and federal. But there was a circular in the newspapers that the embassies are only going to recognise federal.

I didn’t want to test the waters with my own spousal visa so I just went to a federal court and did mine to avoid stories that touch. So unless someone that did their spousal visa in 2018 says that they used their local govt wedding cert, I think it’s best to just do the federal.

A friend got married this year, in the east and his court certificate from the east was accepted by UKBA/UKVI spouse granted visa

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:07am On Jul 22, 2019
gratefulme40:
Hi everyone. I need opinions here
So, I am currently on tier 2 and pregnant at the moment. I am seriously considering having my baby in the US for citizenship sake.

I know my baby will be admitted into the UK after birth with a US passport however, I know that you are only allowed to stay in the UK with a US passport for a maximum of 180days (3 months)
1. does this mean I have to take my baby to Nigeria before 180 days to apply for a dependant visa for him/her

Secondly, will my baby be entitled to NHS care while here in the UK with a US passport?? Or will the baby be considered a visitor, thus, not eligible to use the NHS??

I need answers please and possible links

Hi @gratefulme40. Just saw your post and I’m truly shocked at some of the replies oh.

Please I came into the UK on dependent Visa Pregnant! Travelled to the US. Had my beautiful baby girl, came back with her as a visitor. They stamped us in and told me I had 3 months to apply for her IN THE UK before she becomes an overstayer. And that if she leaves I’d have to apply from Nigeria. I applied for her from here... very simple something, and they sent her brp. Please don’t be confused. I have never heard, neither did it cross my mind to apply for her from anywhere but here. You will be alright don’t worry. Just keep the matter simple smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:11am On Jul 22, 2019
LagosismyHome:

A friend of mine came back with the baby and then applied within the UK for the visa. She was rejected that she cannot make an in country application. She didn't want to go Nigeria so she went back to USA and applied there and had to wait till it was out then came back to UK...... so doing it immediately after the baby is born is a more organised way of doing it

Sis don’t be angry but I suspect your friend did not tell you the full story. This information she fed you is highly erroneous! Haba. I myself did it with zero issues. Na wah oh!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:12am On Jul 22, 2019
gratefulme40:

Thank you
I wasn’t planning to apply within the UK because I know it will be refused.

I was wondering if I must go to Nigeria to apply, since it can be done in US, then that’s fine. Make I sha dey calculate account balance

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, : you will not be refused! I repeat, you will not be refused. Shikena!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 1:28am On Jul 22, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Hi @gratefulme40. Just saw your post and I’m truly shocked at some of the replies oh.

Please I came into the UK on dependent Visa Pregnant! Travelled to the US. Had my beautiful baby girl, came back with her as a visitor. They stamped us in and told me I had 3 months to apply for her IN THE UK before she becomes an overstayer. And that if she leaves I’d have to apply from Nigeria. I applied for her from here... very simple something, and they sent her brp. Please don’t be confused. I have never heard, neither did it cross my mind to apply for her from anywhere but here. You will be alright don’t worry. Just keep the matter simple smiley

Oh.... thank you very much. I really needed to hear from someone’s experience. Do you mind if I go a step further to ask which state you had your baby??
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:43am On Jul 22, 2019
gratefulme40:

Oh.... thank you very much. I really needed to hear from someone’s experience. Do you mind if I go a step further to ask which state you had your baby??

Chicago for my last.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 2:54am On Jul 22, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Chicago for my last.

That’s alright. I am looking at Texas cos I have family there but it appears immigration look at birth tourism in Texas with questionable eyes. It’s well. Thank you for responding to me
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 5:27am On Jul 22, 2019
gratefulme40:

That’s alright. I am looking at Texas cos I have family there but it appears immigration look at birth tourism in Texas with questionable eyes. It’s well. Thank you for responding to me

You’re welcome. Regards.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:08am On Jul 22, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Sis don’t be angry but I suspect your friend did not tell you the full story. This information she fed you is highly erroneous! Haba. I myself did it with zero issues. Na wah oh!

Ok. It would be helpful if you can post the link that says in country application is now ok. I love UK for that , all their rules and guidance as usually online
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:11am On Jul 22, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Yes sometime I am caution about giving advice because UK immigration rules changes all the time.

It is possible that now, you can make an in country application for a child dependent born outside because i always thought that was silly anyway. But before you couldn't..... thanks for the headsup, if you can share the link that would be great
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 6:33am On Jul 22, 2019
Oga Justwise thanks for your advice on my UK passport interview last month. Now, I have my UK passport grin
My appreciation also goes to all the gurus using their time to help others here.
Please, I intend travelling to UK tonight and would like to know if presenting a Nigerian passport is required by immigration at the airport.

I ask because I don't own a Nigerian passport ATM. A new one is still in process as the one i had got missing over a year ago.
I have an old Nigerian passport and an international driver's license issued here. Will that suffice, thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 6:51am On Jul 22, 2019
@gratefulme40
So I decided to do some investigation regarding your question o (see image below). It clearly states that if you are on a tier 2 visa, then your dependent cannot apply in the UK if they have visitor visa --> https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
I suggest you contact UKVI and confirm before travel.

@Mamatukwas: what dependent visa were you on and what year did you apply for your child?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2019
@nomad26 I am on a tier 5 visa and it was in 2018.

You cannot apply for dependents that are already alive when you got your main tier 2/5 from the uk. For those born while you were here the rules are different.

Also just google.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:17am On Jul 22, 2019
Mamatukwas:
@nomad26 I am on a tier 5 visa and it was in 2018.

You cannot apply for dependents that are already alive when you got your main tier 2/5 from the uk. For those born while you were here the rules are different.

Also just google.

Thanks for the link but this referes to children born here

Children born while you’re in the UK... means children born in the UK not outside

Also it states full UK birth certificate

UK birth certificate means this screen shot relates to kids born in the UK

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:24am On Jul 22, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Ok. It would be helpful if you can post the link that says in country application is now ok. I love UK for that , all their rules and guidance as usually online

Click here https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child

and scroll down to applying within the UK. It will ask you basic questions, you Pay visa fee and send passport and birth certificate. As I said the proof of it is lying beside me right now grin Also I don’t think it ‘changed’ because the VO upon arrival at the border reminded me to do it. Did it in 2018. Last year.

Again the rule is not for children born while you were in the UK. For those you can apply for them from here. It’s the same BRB we have that she has.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.