Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1309107 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Icesnow(f): 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Can you post the link instead of a screen shot... note any thing can be posted online and sometime although correct info but might be outdated still exist if you do a search

THe absolute truth in this case is the official home office documentation. Which I might read and read it incorrectly too cheesy

https://www.northampton.ac.uk/international/visa-and-immigration-information/dependant-family-members/
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2019
Mamatukwas:
One more for the die hard doubters. grin

Nwanyioma.... do you mind being contacted off here? I can leave a contact number if it’s okay by you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2019
Icesnow:
https://www.northampton.ac.uk/international/visa-and-immigration-information/dependant-family-members/

Please note if your dependant is a child, the child will not be granted a dependant visa unless both parents are applying for visas to stay in the UK at the same time. The exception to this is where one parent is applying for leave and the other is already in the UK.

Thanks.............at the end of the day , Home office holds the bible truth. See why , each school is interpreting it as they read it . These schools below agrees that it is OK if you can show/hold sole responsibility

https://www.city.ac.uk/study/international/visa-immigration-advice/tier4/pbs-dependant-visas
If only one parent is coming to the UK then the visa will be refused. The only exceptions to the requirement that both parents must be coming to the UK are when their other parent is dead, or if you have had sole responsibility for the child's upbringing

https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/help-advice/international-students/immigration-visas/applying-tier-4-general-visa-uk/tier-4-dependants
The only exception to this is, if the other parent is not alive, or you have sole responsibility for your child’s upbringing. You will need to provide evidence of this with the PBS dependant visa application.

https://www.internationalstudents.cam.ac.uk/tier-4-dependants
If your partner is not coming to the UK with you but you wish to bring your child/children as your dependants, the Home Office only allows this in exceptional circumstances. In the dependant visa application you will have to evidence the 'serious and compelling' reasons why the child should be with you in the UK, or that you have 'sole responsibility' for the child

https://students.leeds.ac.uk/info/21506/your_visa/852/dependants
You can only bring your child / children with you to the UK if your partner is also coming with you to the UK. The exceptions to this is if you are:
the only parent or you have 'sole responsibility for your child / children or there are 'serious compelling reasons' which mean you and your partner cannot come to live together in the UK

https://www.ox.ac.uk/students/visa/before/family?wssl=1
For child dependants, both parents must be lawfully living in the UK, unless you have sole responsibility for the child's upbringing, or there are serious or compelling considerations that mean the child should be with you in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Icesnow(f): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Thanks.............at the end of the day , Home office holds the bible truth. See why , each school is interpreting it as they read it . These schools below agrees that it is OK if you can show/hold sole responsibility

https://www.city.ac.uk/study/international/visa-immigration-advice/tier4/pbs-dependant-visas
If only one parent is coming to the UK then the visa will be refused. The only exceptions to the requirement that both parents must be coming to the UK are when their other parent is dead, or if you have had sole responsibility for the child's upbringing

https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/help-advice/international-students/immigration-visas/applying-tier-4-general-visa-uk/tier-4-dependants
The only exception to this is, if the other parent is not alive, or you have sole responsibility for your child’s upbringing. You will need to provide evidence of this with the PBS dependant visa application.

https://www.internationalstudents.cam.ac.uk/tier-4-dependants
If your partner is not coming to the UK with you but you wish to bring your child/children as your dependants, the Home Office only allows this in exceptional circumstances. In the dependant visa application you will have to evidence the 'serious and compelling' reasons why the child should be with you in the UK, or that you have 'sole responsibility' for the child

https://students.leeds.ac.uk/info/21506/your_visa/852/dependants
You can only bring your child / children with you to the UK if your partner is also coming with you to the UK. The exceptions to this is if you are:
the only parent or you have 'sole responsibility for your child / children or there are 'serious compelling reasons' which mean you and your partner cannot come to live together in the UK

https://www.ox.ac.uk/students/visa/before/family?wssl=1
For child dependants, both parents must be lawfully living in the UK, unless you have sole responsibility for the child's upbringing, or there are serious or compelling considerations that mean the child should be with you in the UK.
Thanks. A divorce certificate may be required in this case. We are only separated not divorced yet as divorce takes a longer process.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
Rubyventures:

Many years ago I made a joke with a dear friend "just imagine Trump ( pussy grabber) and Boris ( mop head) became president and prime minister"

and it has come to pass. angry sad shocked

Hahahahahaha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2019
gratefulme40:

Nwanyioma.... do you mind being contacted off here? I can leave a contact number if it’s okay by you.

Erm. I don’t mind. Send me a pm and il respond. Cheers.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Off loaded since oh! This UK no gree me see road do naming sef.. Mtschew.. it is well.... Sha invite me for your last baby’s naming oh. You know you still have 1 round to go grin( takes off)

***running away oo biko, nursery Bill's no make us see road

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Confused country .......How them go allow Boris Johnson win. Just heard him declared as the winner so let me face my work or go and get lunch

Probably not going to last longer than next May.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2019
gratefulme40:

My response to your dm keeps bouncing off unfortunately. Mail failure notice or something.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 11:43pm On Jul 23, 2019
Mamatukwas:

My response to your dm keeps bouncing off unfortunately. Mail failure notice or something.

I have not accessed that email for a while. May be it has been deactivated. Will check and Pm you back
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 12:16am On Jul 24, 2019
@gratefulme40. Done.

Will buzz you tomorrow. Cheers.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 12:17am On Jul 24, 2019
Mamatukwas:
@gratefulme40. Done.

Will buzz you tomorrow. Cheers.

Ok.... great. Thanks. Just deleted the number as I didn’t wanna leave it on here over night. I no fit about.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:57am On Jul 24, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Confused country .......How them go allow Boris Johnson win. Just heard him declared as the winner so let me face my work or go and get lunch

The funniest irony is for a Nigerian (who has a Buhari as President) moaning about the UK prime minister, Boris Johnson.

If the UK is a ‘confused country’ what is Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:05am On Jul 24, 2019
RalphJean:

The funniest irony is for a Nigerian British (who has a Buhari as President) moaning about the UK prime minister, Boris Johnson.

If the UK is a ‘confused country’ what is Nigeria?

Corrected it for you..... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:30am On Jul 24, 2019
justwise:

Probably not going to last longer than next May.

cheesy grin....... Hopefully does better than Ms May but i doubt it . Let see cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:39am On Jul 24, 2019
LagosismyHome:

cheesy grin....... Hopefully does better than Ms May but i doubt it . Let see cool

He needs to call for snap election( i doubt he will risk it) then the general public will have a say
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:22am On Jul 24, 2019
justwise:

He needs to call for snap election( i doubt he will risk it) then the general public will have a say

Would only happen if the Conservatives, bring down the government.........

Remember what happened to May's snap election?.....?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:23am On Jul 24, 2019
gratefulme40:

Ok.... great. Thanks. Just deleted the number as I didn’t wanna leave it on here over night. I no fit about.

I also saw the number...... Can I call you too......... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 9:30am On Jul 24, 2019
"Boris is what you get when you send Trump to Eton"

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:41am On Jul 24, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Would only happen if the Conservatives, bring down the government.........

Remember what happened to May's snap election?.....?

You lost me there
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:52am On Jul 24, 2019
justwise:

You lost me there

Boris has a massive fishbone in the throat, in the form of the Gaukesquad..........

You talked about snap election, Boris would never willingly call for one.....

Let's assume Boris cannot deliver Brexit on the promised day, due to Gaukesquad mathematics removing the vital tally......

Boris would be brought down, the government would eventually fall... The electorates would completely never believe the tories again, possibly opening the door to the bearded one, or a possible mix blend, in form some sort of coalition......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CharisJay: 9:56am On Jul 24, 2019
Good morning everyone. This thread has been enlightening for some of us silent followers.

A have a question.

Principal is applying for tier 2, she is not going with her husband now, he would come later. But she ticked that he would be traveling with her so that should could add his passport number to her application. He would apply in about 3 months time.

Would this affect the application in any way? Or should she tick no?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Someone deletes Nigeria and called herself British.
Shemimah Begum thought so too, until Sanidine Javid proved to her otherwise.
If I were you, I would (rather than completely put double strikethrough on the NIGERIA) I would hyphenate it to Nigerian-British....just in case.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:25am On Jul 24, 2019
CharisJay:
Good morning everyone. This thread has been enlightening for some of us silent followers.

A have a question.

Principal is applying for tier 2, she is not going with her husband now, he would come later. But she ticked that he would be traveling with her so that should could add his passport number to her application. He would apply in about 3 months time.

Applicant can actually put in passport details of spouse (or partner) without lying on the application form.

The question is what it says it is:
Is someone else travelling glwoth you?
Yes, or No....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CharisJay: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2019
_
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
CharisJay:

A have a question.

If you have submitted, there shouldn't be a problem as plans can change, but if you havent just change it once and for all.

Note that if current COS covers for dependants he has to apply within 3months before it expires, if not then the principal has to fulfil the required minimum income for 6months or so

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Haha! Actually better! grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 6:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
CharisJay:

A have a question.

Sigh, our compulsive need to lie though. No wonder countries are closing their borders to us. sad

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:31am On Jul 25, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Sigh, our compulsive need to lie though. No wonder countries are closing their borders to us. sad

Very true. Someone will blatantly lie in answering the most basic of all questions. Then when kasala burst, and visa is denied, the usual suspects (village people) are blamed.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Some Nigerians are compulsive liars, even the things they don't need to lie about, they will still lie. Its in their DNA, its such a shame because it gives the rest of the country a very bad name. I once heard that the embassy interrogators deployed to Nigeria are given special training.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 11:36am On Jul 25, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I also saw the number...... Can I call you too......... smiley

Hahaha..... so long as the call go add to my account balance.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
Inasmuch as I'm a Labour Party member through and through, I'm starting to like the positivity of Boris Johnson. Let's get this Brexit thing done with once and for all, and focus on the major issues the country is grappling with. If Boris is brave enough, he should call for a general election and we would make sure Jeremy Corbyn wins it.

A major immigration policy declared today by Boris is the return of the points based Australian style system. You meet the points, you get the visa. No room for subjectiveness or visa denial because the immigration officer doesn't like the immigrant. I came to the country in 2009 as a student via the points based system, I would probably have failed to get in if there was an interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.