Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,139 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1309156 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
claremont:
Inasmuch as I'm a Labour Party member through and through, I'm starting to like the positivity of Boris Johnson. Let's get this Brexit thing done with once and for all, and focus on the major issues the country is grappling with. If Boris is brave enough, he should call for a general election and we would make sure Jeremy Corbyn wins it.

A major immigration policy declared today by Boris is the return of the points based Australian style system. You meet the points, you get the visa. No room for subjectiveness or visa denial because the immigration officer doesn't like the immigrant. I came to the country in 2009 as a student via the points based system, I would probably have failed to get in if there was an interview.

Please pardon my ignorance, what does the new immigration law says. I've been praying that whatever policy Boris will bring must favour me and my family and so shall it be!!!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
Rubyventures:

Some Nigerians are compulsive liars, even the things they don't need to lie about, they will still lie. Its in their DNA, its such a shame because it gives the rest of the country a very bad name. I once heard that the embassy interrogators deployed to Nigeria are given special training.

When i joined nairaland and started reading visa topic that when i realise a lot of Nigerians just lie. Even when there absolutely no need. Not sure how we got to that point where lying is the default

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by vladimiros: 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
Phayie:

Please pardon my ignorance, what does the new immigration law says. I've been praying that whatever policy Boris will bring must favour me and my family and so shall it be!!!

Boris talked about points based immigration

similar to the ones in Australia and Canada
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
The UK's future skills-based immigration system
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-uks-future-skills-based-immigration-system

The future skills-based immigration system white paper sets out the government's plans to introduce a new single immigration system, ending free movement.

Phayie:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ab4m: 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Hello room, please who can suggest a cheaper courier service apart from Royal Mail to send package to Nigeria, like 2kg stuff inside small carton. Not in hurry for delivery.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
ab4m:
Hello room, please who can suggest a cheaper courier service apart from Royal Mail to send package to Nigeria, like 2kg stuff inside small carton. Not in hurry for delivery.
Thanks

https://www.ipostparcels.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Sigh, our compulsive need to lie though. No wonder countries are closing their borders to us. sad
I m not quite happy with the tone of this reply. I preferred the first two replies. Lying is not an exclusive preserve of Nigerians. Babies start to lie before they can talk.
Poster only wanted to know whether there are any advantages to adding an extra passport number when applying.

I cant help though poster. I dont think it ll reduce the cost of the visa so just answer no and jump and pass. Tier 2 visa are usually walk overs anyway as they need your tax to finance f***ing brexit

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 3:22am On Jul 26, 2019
Hello house please what is the process of using NARIC to verify degree certificate. I am a bit confused. Can any body put me through. Moreso are they charges I have to make to NARIC? How much is their payment. Please I will appreciate any one that have gone through it to explain. Many thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:51am On Jul 26, 2019
LuvlyIva:
Hello house please what is the process of using NARIC to verify degree certificate. I am a bit confused. Can any body put me through. Moreso are they charges I have to make to NARIC? How much is their payment. Please I will appreciate any one that have gone through it to explain. Many thanks.

Log on to https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/Default.aspx and register, use your wife's address then upload your degree certificate, result transcript and letter from your university stating that your course was taught in English language.

You will pay £150 + cost of posting and it comes out within 7days, they will post it to your wife's address.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:54am On Jul 26, 2019
missjekyll:

I m not quite happy with the tone of this reply. I preferred the first two replies. Lying is not an exclusive preserve of Nigerians. Babies start to lie before they can talk.
Poster only wanted to know whether there are any advantages to adding an extra passport number when applying.

I cant help though poster. I dont think it ll reduce the cost of the visa so just answer no and jump and pass. Tier 2 visa are usually walk overs anyway as they need your tax to finance f***ing brexit

That makes it ok? So what do we do? Condemn it or normalise it because its not exclusive to Nigerians?

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CharisJay: 7:15am On Jul 26, 2019
missjekyll:

Thanks my dear. I ignored those already pissing themselves over lies. Just asked for a simple guidance.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CharisJay: 7:16am On Jul 26, 2019
fatima04:

If you have submitted, there shouldn't be a problem as plans can change, but if you havent just change it once and for all.

Note that if current COS covers for dependants he has to apply within 3months before it expires, if not then the principal has to fulfil the required minimum income for 6months or so

Thanks fatima04
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 7:54am On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:

Log on to https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/Default.aspx and register, use your wife's address then upload your degree certificate, result transcript and letter from your university stating that your course was taught in English language.

You will pay £150 + cost of posting and it comes out within 7days, they will post it to your wife's address.

Many thanks @Justwise. I appreciate.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 8:12am On Jul 26, 2019
Please dear house I need the requirements one can meet for self employed route. Please those of you that have gone through self employed route for spouse visa kindly educate. I got confused when reading it on line. Category G and category F. I saw that one have to be earning about £23,000 for full financial year and the other one u add two financial year and divide by two. I am confused. I taught that the minimum annual salary is £18600? Is the self employed money diff from permanent job? Please @Lexusgs430, @Justwise and others who have really assisted me pls put me through this one. My wife works as agency health care assistant and she is paid weekly, she has accountant and also work with different agencies, mostly shift job. she works so hard when there are plenty shifts at the hospital. Pls we need advice on the self employed route. Many thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:47am On Jul 26, 2019
LuvlyIva:
Please dear house I need the requirements one can meet for self employed route. Please those of you that have gone through self employed route for spouse visa kindly educate. I got confused when reading it on line. Category G and category F. I saw that one have to be earning about £23,000 for full financial year and the other one u add two financial year and divide by two. I am confused. I taught that the minimum annual salary is £18600? Is the self employed money diff from permanent job? Please @Lexusgs430, @Justwise and others who have really assisted me pls put me through this one. My wife works as agency health care assistant and she is paid weekly, she has accountant and also work with different agencies, mostly shift job. she works so hard when there are plenty shifts at the hospital. Pls we need advice on the self employed route. Many thanks.

I'm not sure where you read that from but this is the official link here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/783641/Appendix-FM-1-7-Financial-Requirement-ext_1_.pdf

I also attached the section that deals with self employment. Your wife needs to go through it and see where she fits in.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 9:36am On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:

That makes it ok? So what do we do? Condemn it or normalise it because its not exclusive to Nigerians?

I just feel the bashing was just unnecessary. Someone asked a question, answer if u can and if u can't move on. Simple

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:54am On Jul 26, 2019
Phayie:

I just feel the bashing was just unnecessary. Someone asked a question, answer if u can and if u can't move on. Simple

I think its necessary because the action of one person affect all of us, we should call it out each time somebody come out publicly seeking for a way to circumvent a system.

Sometimes we Nigerians take extraordinary step to do the wrong thing even when doing the right thing is easier.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 10:06am On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:

I think its necessary because the action of one person affect all of us, we should call it out each time somebody come out publicly seeking for a way to circumvent a system.

Sometimes we Nigerians take extraordinary step to do the wrong thing even when doing the right thing is easier.

CharisJay:
Good morning everyone. This thread has been enlightening for some of us silent followers.

A have a question.

Principal is applying for tier 2, she is not going with her husband now, he would come later. But she ticked that he would be traveling with her so that should could add his passport number to her application. He would apply in about 3 months time.

Would this affect the application in any way? Or should she tick no?

I feel it was just a question

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 10:21am On Jul 26, 2019
Phayie:

Yes a question to lie in visa application

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:26am On Jul 26, 2019
Phayie:

Nope. It wasn’t ‘just a question’.
Someone had resolved (in the heart) to fill a falsehood on an application.
The person only needed a validation.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2019
Phayie:

Someone who fills an application based on truth will not ask that question

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:

I'm not sure where you read that from but this is the official link here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/783641/Appendix-FM-1-7-Financial-Requirement-ext_1_.pdf

I also attached the section that deals with self employment. Your wife needs to go through it and see where she fits in.

Many thanks @Justwise. God bless
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
wow, people are vexing oh....what's the matter?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
DaveChapelle:
wow, people are vexing oh....what's the matter?

This heat does wonders........

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:

This heat does wonders........

I Swear!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
Mamatukwas:

I Swear!

grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
let him without sin cast the first stone. eg if ou ever put recyclable bottle in gen waste, or did 31 on a 30mph zone

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by connectgt: 3:57pm On Jul 26, 2019
Let me add my contribution to this issue. I am not in UK, but still searching for an opportunity to leave naija.

@Aphrodite007 said is correct. I got to know about this while researching for ways to travel. Please, read the Premium times news paper for July 24, 2019 with the link below:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/342672-nigeria-introduces-new-federal-marriage-certificate.htmlquote author=Aphrodite007 post=80488321]

I am not sure how correct this is. Before 2018 the embassies received all wedding certificates both local and federal. But there was a circular in the newspapers that the embassies are only going to recognise federal.

I didn’t want to test the waters with my own spousal visa so I just went to a federal court and did mine to avoid stories that touch. So unless someone that did their spousal visa in 2018 says that they used their local govt wedding cert, I think it’s best to just do the federal.[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
connectgt:
Let me add my contribution to this issue. I am not in UK, but still searching for an opportunity to leave naija.

@Aphrodite007 said is correct. I got to know about this while researching for ways to travel. Please, read the Premium times news paper for July 24, 2019 with the link below:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/342672-nigeria-introduces-new-federal-marriage-certificate.htmlquote author=Aphrodite007 post=80488321]

I am not sure how correct this is. Before 2018 the embassies received all wedding certificates both local and federal. But there was a circular in the newspapers that the embassies are only going to recognise federal.

I didn’t want to test the waters with my own spousal visa so I just went to a federal court and did mine to avoid stories that touch. So unless someone that did their spousal visa in 2018 says that they used their local govt wedding cert, I think it’s best to just do the federal.

This is not true, the UK embassy in Nigeria accepts marriage certificate from local registry and a family member used the local one to get spouse visa just last year.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
RalphJean:

Nope. It wasn’t ‘just a question’.
Someone had resolved (in the heart) to fill a falsehood on an application.
The person only needed a validation.

Hmmn, it is not a lie as it is being treated here. When I was filling this form my interpretation of the question is "is the dependant coming with you to the UK" simply because the superceding explanation states this" is to enable you put in their passport information details for when your dependant applies" which they will have to fill an independent application.

I believe this is just for verification purposes only to match up the details of the principal and dependants

When filling for Tier 2 with dependants you want to be careful, especially when the COS covers
them for fund maintenance requirement.

For example, when applying for NI, a question asks where was your visa issued (my BRP clearly states UK) but in reality DWP wants you to choose Nigeria. When my friend assumed differently and chose UK, he got called in for an interview for a false misinterpretation.

This is in no way trying to justifying lying on applications/ang scenario because it just complicates your life out in tying loose ends.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
fatima04:

Hmmn, it is not a lie as it is being treated here. When I was filling this form my interpretation of the question is "is the dependant coming with you to the UK" simply because the superceding explanation states this" is to enable you put in their passport information details for when your dependant applies" which they will have to fill an independent application.

I believe this is just for verification purposes only to match up the details of the principal and dependants

When filling for Tier 2 with dependants you want to be careful, especially when the COS covers
them for fund maintenance requirement.

For example, when applying for NI, a question asks where was your visa issued (my BRP clearly states UK) but in reality DWP wants you to choose Nigeria. When my friend assumed differently and chose UK, he got called in for an interview for a false misinterpretation.

This is in no way trying to justifying lying on applications/ang scenario because it just complicates your life out in tying loose ends.

Asking a question for clarification is different from asking to know if you can get away with lies.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2019
Just to add, the application questions are not entirely wholesome and specific to each visa category and do have ambiguous questions.

E.g I am applying for a Tier 2 visa for 3years and they asked where you will be staying during your stay in the UK. Now you can choose either a family or paid accommodation with the employer, but none of them qualifies as being right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.