Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1312576 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
gratefulme40:

Ah Oga
Fear God oooo. My heating will be on most times in winter as I will have a new born so managing no dey for that one.

Your energy supplier would be very happy with you....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
Lexusgs430:

£500.00 per month if you use all the time...... Don't turn your heating on at all..... Save the £500..... grin

This was actually funny! I can imagine the poster wearing thick Eskimo clothes to bath grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
Aphrodite007:

This was actually funny! I can imagine the poster wearing thick Eskimo clothes to bath grin

Or compulsory hugging his wife (all in the name of saving ìyá Charlie's head).......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:15pm On Aug 19, 2019
The height of racism.......

A black dog, been racist against another black woman ..... Wonders shall never end....... cheesy

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by imnotconfused: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Butlins is a poor cousin to Center Parcs cheesy ........but little kids will enjoy Butlins and Bognor Regis is the newest of the Butlins so accomodation is a lot nicer

Thanks for this response.
Will have a look!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2019
NHS....keeping Britons alive since 1948

Lexusgs430:

Blame the NHS........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2019
imnotconfused:
@fatima04

A while back,we wanted to try the Butlins but a Caucasian colleague talked so badly about it and told us to go to Center Parcs instead.

We went to the Woburn Forest and it was amazing.
Accommodation was great and everything else was good.

Kayaking,jet ski for kids,pedaloo ,they also had lovely pools ,subtropical water paradise,spa,zip lining,pottery etc

They also have a Safari in the village.

Is Butlins same kind of experience? Would you recommend? Bognor Regis isn't even that far from me.

Check out center parcs,it's lovely.

Hmmm, hard to say oo cos u have never been,but with all you have listed butlins is probably a lower/mini version of that.

Bognor regis, do have zip lining, different rides (some are scary), archery, shooting, high ropes climbing, go karting, splash pool with different sizes, some 5d games and all those indoor activities as well. On some days they have organised soccer balls and also late night shows some of which I enjoyed except for Ed sheeran impersonator grin grin.

I also believe their standard just improved the past couple of years because some colleagues told me it was not so nice when they were growing up.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:31pm On Aug 19, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Butlins is a poor cousin to Center Parcs cheesy ........but little kids will enjoy Butlins and Bognor Regis is the newest of the Butlins so accomodation is a lot nicer

Not the Mozambique/awo type of accommodation sha oo maybe the beach side hotels grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:15pm On Aug 19, 2019
gratefulme40:

Ah Oga
Fear God oooo. My heating will be on most times in winter as I will have a new born so managing no dey for that one.

Try and get another apartment if possible..coming to a Cold house that has bad insulation and refuse to heat up isn't a good thing in winter and you will spend a lot on heating. In a D house we used an average of £120pcm for Gas and electricity and we are just 3 intact 2 and half grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
fatima04:

Try and get another apartment if possible..coming to a Cold house that has bad insulation and refuse to heat up isn't a good thing in winter and you will spend a lot on heating. In a D house we used an average of £120pcm for Gas and electricity and we are just 3 intact 2 and half grin

Thank you my dear. Leave this Oga Lexus..... I just wanted estimates.

Make I continue my house hunting.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:45am On Aug 20, 2019
gratefulme40:
My people, I am about to rent a 2 bedroom flat. The heating is electrical and here is the EPC rating. Can anyone tell me roughly what to expect as monthly bills especially as winter is almost here

The rating on this property is not that bad o depending on what heats up the property (gas, oil or electric). They get expensive in that's order from my tiny experience.

If it's not well insulated or double glazed, that's where the problem comes from. The testings are carried out every 10 years (according to these house agents). So basically, property must have been improved or otherwise over the years.

My little way of checking when I go viewing property is,

I schedule in the morning (first appointment) when weather is still cold. The colder the better.

If house is empty, I lock the windows and switch on the heating and observe how long it takes to heat up. Whilst checking out other things in the house ofcourse.

If it's occupied and tenant is still there, I find a way to leave my number with them without the agent or landlord knowing. This way, you'll get every info you need on the property, good and bad.

To be sincere, some won't ring you, but there's no harm in trying.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2019
Good day my Ogas, I don come again.

Kindly advise as regards this question on the Visa application.

"Do you have an address for where you are going to stay in the UK?

YES/NO"

Will selecting "No" have a significant impact on the visa outcome.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 2:46pm On Aug 20, 2019
Elderss:

YES/NO"

Thanks

Please, I need help on this. How do one scale the hurdle when filling the visa application?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
Elderss:

YES/NO"

Thanks

What visa category are you applying for?
The short answer to your question is:
Answer TRUTHFULLY
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
Lolipopp:
Yes, it is possible to apply at the same time. Good enough you have an A rated sponsor so that makes things easier. Now let me answer as someone who got a Tier 2 and applied for dependants after getting here.

1. If you choose to apply at the same time you may find it difficult getting an accomodation from overseas here in the UK ( you may speak with your employer if they will be willing to help) as you will have to pay both rent and sometimes some deposit or even get a guarantor to be able to rent. All of these is usually stressful for a new migrant hence the reason a lot of tier 2 holders prefer to come in first and then bring in dependants later.
2. The better news is, yes CoS is valid only for 3 months but it doesn't stop you from bringing in your dependants after it has expired. Your A rated sponsor only needs to supply you a maintenance letter stating the following details according to home office
- printed on official letter head
- Full name, CoS number, Passport number of principal applicant
- Full name, Passport Number, Date of birth of each dependant
The letter must also state that your employer is happy to provide up to £630 for initial one month of your dependant (s) coming into the UK likewise a cover for their accomodation.
Note, with this letter in hand you don't need further proof of funds. (Countless number of people have done this seamlessly)
3. In the event your employer isn't happy to provide you with this letter only then will you have to show proof of funds to the tune of £930 per dependant

If you require further clarity just check out PBS dependant policy on home office website.
I hope this helps.

please how will one apply tier 2 CoS. How to get sponsor fast?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
Elderss:

YES/NO"

Thanks

To me that question is not required for a Tier 2 sponsorship especially when its for like 3 yrs. You can ask your sponsor on what to fill. During our own application, the sponsor instructed us to use the office address for the whole duration of the sponsorship. I guess its just a formality.

Whatever you do carry your sponsor along especially through email correspondence not just calls or whatsapp chats

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 11:25am On Aug 21, 2019
fatima04:

To me that question is not required for a Tier 2 sponsorship especially when its for like 3 yrs. You can ask your sponsor on what to fill. During our own application, the sponsor instructed us to use the office address for the whole duration of the sponsorship. I guess its just a formality.

Whatever you do carry your sponsor along especially through email correspondence not just calls or whatsapp chats

Thanks ma

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 11:26am On Aug 21, 2019
Abekebabe:
please how will one apply tier 2 CoS. How to get sponsor fast?
please can anyone attend to question?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2019
Can UK Naric conversation of credentials be use in place of IELTS/TOEF test of English please?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
Abekebabe:

please can anyone attend to question?
Do you have a job offer?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
dustydee:

Do you have a job offer?
No, please , thanks for your response
I was asking how I could get a job offer ?
and the medical surcharge , does one have to pay for the 3years at £400 per applicants and dependent . That's 1200£ per applicants?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 2:14pm On Aug 21, 2019
This thread has been derailed and is not serving its initial purpose.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
Abekebabe:

No, please , thanks for your response
I was asking how I could get a job offer ?
and the medical surcharge , does one have to pay for the 3years at £400 per applicants and dependent . That's 1200£ per applicants?
Aunty Rubyventures abeg no vex.
First you get a job then your employer will issue you a CoS. You pay the surcharge per applicant per multiplied by the number of years of the visa. Depending on your field, there are many places to apply for jobs including the popular job boards.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Healhtyliving: 3:00pm On Aug 21, 2019
Abekebabe:
Can UK Naric conversation of credentials be use in place of IELTS/TOEF test of English please?
Yes if your certificate has been assessed as being equivalents to Bachelor degree, masters or PHD
and taught in English
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 11:47am On Aug 22, 2019
Good day my great people.

Thanks for all your responses, opinions and feedbacks so far.

Please, based on your experience, what are the pros and cons of renting either a furnished or an unfurnished apartment?

Secondly, what is the minimum EPC rating to look out for when renting an apartment?

Thanks in advance
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2019
dustydee:

Aunty Rubyventures abeg no vex.
First you get a job then your employer will issue you a CoS. You pay the surcharge per applicant per multiplied by the number of years of the visa. Depending on your field, there are many places to apply for jobs including the popular job boards.
Thanks so much for your response . please can you give examples of site to search for job?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2019
Abekebabe:

Thanks so much for your response . please can you give examples of site to search for job?
LinkedIn, indeed etc.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
dustydee:
LinkedIn, indeed etc.
Really , how easy is this ? anyway , thanks but will try this . please i need more suggestions on this , I beg o
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
Abekebabe:

Depending on your industry ... I use indeed, total job, jobserve and jobsite. Several of the jobs are repeated across the sites

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2019
Abekebabe:

Really , how easy is this ? anyway , thanks but will try this .
please i need more suggestions on this , I beg o

Are you currently in the UK

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.