Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1303747 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 3:43am On Aug 23, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Depending on your industry ... I use indeed, total job, jobserve and jobsite. Several of the jobs are repeated across the sites
Thanks for these vital informations

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 3:44am On Aug 23, 2019
fatima04:

Are you currently in the UK
No , I'm in Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Monmarri: 5:25am On Aug 23, 2019
Hello house please I want to confirm this indenfite leave to remain from the EU settlement scheme for a friend . My friend's husband in the UK applied for this new EU settlement scheme and he got this kind of biometric card and letter. Please I will like to confirm if he can use it to apply for spouse visa for the wife in Nigeria, since he now has an indenfite leave to remain in the UK under the new EU settlement scheme. I will appreciate responses please. Thank you.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:06am On Aug 23, 2019
Monmarri:
Hello house please I want to confirm this indenfite leave to remain from the EU settlement scheme for a friend . My friend's husband in the UK applied for this new EU settlement scheme and he got this kind of biometric card and letter. Please I will like to confirm if he can use it to apply for spouse visa for the wife in Nigeria, since he now has an indenfite leave to remain in the UK under the new EU settlement scheme. I will appreciate responses please. Thank you.

Offcourse he can.... even without or before the settlement scheme an EU national can bring their spouse
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Monmarri: 3:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Offcourse he can.... even without or before the settlement scheme an EU national can bring their spouse

Thanks for your respond. The hubby is not an EU nation, he is Nigeria but was a family member of EU under five years route. The husband was married bf to EU nation and they have divorced . So he now have this indenfite leave under the EU settlement scheme.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2019
Abekebabe:

No , I'm in Nigeria

For UK, try the Tier 1exceptional or promising talent route because getting a sponsor when you are not in the medical line can be tough (it's even tough for doctors right now).

Also, check out Canada or Australia PR system.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
fatima04:

CBT can be done in Nigeria at one of the pearson centres, but you need to write IELTS first and get that minimum score stated above. Once you write CBT ypu cam get an employer to sponsor your visa and OSCE
This IELTS test isn't compulsory again , just go to UK Naric website and pay some fees to validate that ur program was taught in English . the full information is on the website sha . most ppl have been using dt instead of IELTS
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2019
fatima04:

For UK, try the Tier 1exceptional or promising talent route because getting a sponsor when you are not in the medical line can be tough (it's even tough for doctors right now).

Also, check out Canada or Australia PR system.
Thanks for your response , please for those medical doctors and nurses. is there any professional exam that they need to do before apply for UK CoS?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2019
Abekebabe:

This IELTS test isn't compulsory again , just go to UK Naric website and pay some fees to validate that ur program was taught in English . the full information is on the website sha . most ppl have been using dt instead of IELTS

IELTS academic is required for nurses and doctors, but you can use NARIC to apply for immigration purposes in place of IELTS UKVI
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2019
Abekebabe:

Thanks for your response , please for those medical doctors and nurses. is there any professional exam that they need to do before apply for UK CoS?

Yes, for nurses they need to write IELTS academic and achieve the desired score and then proceed to write CBT,afterwards apply for jobs and once you are successful at the interview stage you can get COS.

For doctors, you need IELTS academic, PLAB1 and PLAB2, interview, and COS
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
fatima04:

Yes, for nurses they need to write IELTS academic and achieve the desired score and then proceed to write CBT,afterwards apply for jobs and once you are successful at the interview stage you can get COS.

For doctors, you need IELTS academic, PLAB1 and PLAB2, interview, and COS
Thank you boss,do you mean they can't use UK Naric that most people are claiming to have been used. they must do IELTS test?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2019
Abekebabe:

Thank you boss,do you mean they can't use UK Naric that most people are claiming to have been used. they must do IELTS test?

NARIC is used in place of IELTS UKVi during Visa application while IELTS academic is required for GMC or NMC registration.

For GMC registration you can decide to write Ielts UKVI so that you can use the result for both registration and visa application when the time comes. People dont do this because IELTS UKVI is 95k and if you are not able to meet the required score then owo jona cheesy.

That said, are you a nurse or doctor? To know how to advise further

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2019
fatima04:

NARIC is used in place of IELTS UKVi during Visa application while IELTS academic is required for GMC or NMC registration.

For GMC registration you can decide to write Ielts UKVI so that you can use the result for both registration and visa application when the time comes. People dont do this because IELTS UKVI is 95k and if you are not able to meet the required score then owo jona cheesy.

That said, are you a nurse or doctor? To know how to advise further
Thanks , my sis is a nurse and have informed her about this. please are you saying, they must do IELTS Academic or can use UK NARIC to rep the language test? please I need clear pics on this , cos I argued with her , she doesn't need it .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ralphlauren(m): 4:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hello people. Its been a while. cheesy

I want to change my son's name on his valid Nigerian passport (i want to swap his first and middle names). I have effected the change on his UK birth certificate. Can i apply for a passport re-issue from UK High Commission, London?

There is nothing on their website relating to name change for minors.

Any help/advice on this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Luchiano54: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
Abekebabe:

Thanks , my sis is a nurse and have informed her about this. please are you saying, they must do IELTS Academic or can use UK NARIC to rep the language test? please I need clear pics on this , cos I argued with her , she doesn't need it .

She must write IELTS ACADEMIC preferably IELTS for UKVI which is 97k. This is to avoid writing it a second time if she meets up with the required band scores(LRWS- 7,7,6.5,7 for NMC registration and band score 4 for visa).
I'm a nurse waiting for my DL

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
Luchiano54:

She must write IELTS ACADEMIC preferably IELTS for UKVI which is 97k. This is to avoid writing it a second time if she meets up with the required band scores(LRWS- 7,7,6.5,7 for NMC registration and band score 4 for visa).
I'm a nurse waiting for my DL
U mean she can't use UK Naric instead of this IELTS , because when I checked the website there is a link for academic and another for those going to work UK.
In fact , due to my recent check on this group,I have argued seriously that she doesn't need it .
ok , please who are those that can use UK Naric conversation, ? please
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:48am On Aug 25, 2019
Abekebabe:

U mean she can't use UK Naric instead of this IELTS , because when I checked the website there is a link for academic and another for those going to work UK.
In fact , due to my recent check on this group,I have argued seriously that she doesn't need it .

Your questions has been answered over and over again. Instead of reading Naric website why not read NMC website. Link below

https://www.nmc.org.uk/registration/joining-the-register/register-nurse-midwife/trained-outside-the-eueea/

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:50am On Aug 25, 2019
Abekebabe:

Like I said before Naric is for immigration purposes only and you can use it if requested by employers. But to register to become a nurse,doctor,dentist etc in the UK, you need IELTS academic

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
With this heat, upon us...... Is it legal to drive with your slippers?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abekebabe: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
fatima04:

Like I said before Naric is for immigration purposes only and you can use it if requested by employers. But to register to become a nurse,doctor,dentist etc in the UK, you need IELTS academic
Thanks sis
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Greenfriend: 5:24am On Aug 26, 2019
kaad:

But you have to make a transfer to the ohentpay account first before continuing the transaction or there is another route?
Yes, U have to. Transferring a very huge bulk sum this Friday. lol. Friday is Pay Day!!! wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bankalert(m): 7:22am On Aug 26, 2019
Greenfriend:
Yes, U have to. Transferring a very huge bulk sum this Friday. lol. Friday is Pay Day!!! wink
what's up? You want to email me? May i know why?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:27am On Aug 26, 2019
Lexusgs430:
With this heat, upon us...... Is it legal to drive with your slippers?

This UK and different laws sha. Smh
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kaad: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
quick one please, the one year validity of the international drivers licence, is it from the date of ones arrival in the UK or the date I start driving in the UK. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 8:17pm On Aug 26, 2019
kaad:
quick one please, the one year validity of the international drivers licence, is it from the date of ones arrival in the UK or the date I start driving in the UK. Thanks

Arrival date
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2019
Ralphlauren:
Hello people. Its been a while. cheesy

I want to change my son's name on his valid Nigerian passport (i want to swap his first and middle names). I have effected the change on his UK birth certificate. Can i apply for a passport re-issue from UK High Commission, London?

There is nothing on their website relating to name change for minors.

Any help/advice on this issue will be greatly appreciated.
U don't like the name again?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hardefilar1: 12:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Butlins is a poor cousin to Center Parcs cheesy ........but little kids will enjoy Butlins and Bognor Regis is the newest of the Butlins so accomodation is a lot nicer
Pls ma check your pm...been trying to reach via PM
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
Hardefilar1:

Pls ma check your pm...been trying to reach via PM

my pm are usually a lot so i no longer check pm ....... Best place to catch me is on nairaland thread . i have replied pm
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by contra(m): 8:50am On Aug 28, 2019
Good morning guys and thanks for all the advice and help. The is truly a bank of information for those who are in the UK and those intending.

Anyways, I'm based in Soton and I have some naira up to 2.5k pounds equivalent. I want to change to pounds. If anyone needs naira for pounds please let me know and we can arrange it.

I know this can be a risky business especially since this is an anonymous forum. We can use an escrow, maybe we both send the money to Lexusgs430 or any other popular person on this group.

Thanks guys.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:33am On Aug 28, 2019
contra:
Good morning guys and thanks for all the advice and help. The is truly a bank of information for those who are in the UK and those intending.

Anyways, I'm based in Soton and I have some naira up to 2.5k pounds equivalent. I want to change to pounds. If anyone needs naira for pounds please let me know and we can arrange it.

I know this can be a risky business especially since this is an anonymous forum. We can use an escrow, maybe we both send the money to Lexusgs430 or any other popular person on this group.

Thanks guys.

What rate?....

I can buy all if rate is mutually agreed.........

If you want to break transaction, so you send some, i remit £ etc etc

Till transfer is complete........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by contra(m): 11:58am On Aug 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

What rate?....

I can buy all if rate is mutually agreed.........

If you want to break transaction, so you send some, i remit £ etc etc

Till transfer is complete........

Thanks man, i've sent you a message on your whatsapp.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2019
contra:

Thanks man, i've sent you a message on your whatsapp.

Responded......

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.