Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306805 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ah ahn! Oga Moderator. Did you remove my comment? What did I post that made you delete my comment ni?

Ok o. I won’t settle fight again.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
Let me do one better than justwise proposed smiley Nationwide flexdirect 5% on balances up to £2,500 for the first 12 months. See more details here: https://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/flexdirect-overview

Also you get £100 referral if you switch another account to nationwide, easy money! PM me if you need a referral.

Aphrodite007:

Wow! I didn’t even know this and I have an FD account! Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
If they can put their own to CPS for prosecution (ignoring all biases)....... Who you be.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bigtt76(f): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2019
I understand grin

wonlasewonimi:

If you noticed that his enquiry is actually a lazy one which is typical of some of our people. Please I beg of you not to spoon feed people like that, they wont appreciate any effort you put in to help.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
moboladek:
Hello house, I'm grateful for the counsel I've gotten from here. I got offers from 2 nhs, in peterborough and wolverhampton. I need insight on which area is better in terms of safety, transport, reduced traffic, housing, entertainment and shopping. Any advice is wanted please. I googled but only got scared with crime and danger I found online. Thank you.

To be honest anywhere you choose to go in the UK is good in terms of your questions above.

However, I am biased towards Wolverhampton because its my locale and I like everything about it,its proximity to Birmingham (second largest city in UK), good balance of various ethnic groups (this is key for quick and easy adaptation), easy access to naija food, cheap and easy access to different transportation links (bus, train and tram), and so many other things.

Regarding weather, there wont be so much difference between both cities really. Wish you all the best in your choice.

Let me know if you choose Wolverhampton and have any further question, need ideas or help.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
Which one of you Doctors on this thread is Harvey Olufunmi?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jaeybee98(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2019
wonlasewonimi:
grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

He possibly is more onTwitter. As he has great followership there.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

He possibly is more onTwitter. As he has great followership there.

Why do I think he is DaveChapelle grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

If you take a bus to Apongbon, walk like 5 minutes to CMS......move close to the river bank, hail one canoe, tell him thames river bustop. You can't miss it.

you mad bro [oyb]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2019
ornicus:

you mad bro [oyb]

hey oyb..long time, na you morphed to ornicus
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

hey oyb..long time, na you morphed to ornicus

I deactivated actually, but the black hole at the heart of this forum pulled me back in grin

How you doing?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by moboladek: 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2019
fatima04:

To be honest anywhere you choose to go in the UK is good in terms of your questions above.

However, I am biased towards Wolverhampton because its my locale and I like everything about it,its proximity to Birmingham (second largest city in UK), good balance of various ethnic groups (this is key for quick and easy adaptation), easy access to naija food, cheap and easy access to different transportation links (bus, train and tram), and so many other things.

Regarding weather, there wont be so much difference between both cities really. Wish you all the best in your choice.

Let me know if you choose Wolverhampton and have any further question, need ideas or help.
Thanks a lot. I feel so much better with your reply. I will keep in touch, it's great to have someone in a new area.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2019
ornicus:

I deactivated actually, but the black hole at the heart of this forum pulled me back in grin

How you doing?

I'm a good boy now, dont do ashewo anymore and also stopped fighting people. wink Welcome back bro.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by moboladek: 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2019
dlambano21:
Congratulations on your job offer, with regards to this I will also recommend joining the Nigerian doctors in the UK facebook group. it's really an active group where you can get advice on different trusts in the cities you mention. In fact, you can get to meet those who currently work there at the moment who can give you an in-depth analysis of the working conditions there.
Thanks so much for this great idea.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2019
Mellady:

Gosh Nigerians ehh grin, pls what do you mean the originer owner gets a hike on PAYE contribution's

An extra bill from the tax office because he is collecting personal allowance from more than one job, so this needs to be paid back.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mellady(f): 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Rubyventures:

An extra bill from the tax office because he is collecting personal allowance from more than one job, so this needs to be paid back.
Yea, I get it now, cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mellady(f): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
Please has anyone purchased a shared ownership property before? I plan on buying a 50% shared ownership flat in London and selling it after 5 years, has anyone sold a shared ownership flat before? Is it easy to find a buyer?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2019
Mellady:
Please has anyone purchased a shared ownership property before? I plan on buying a 50% shared ownership flat in London and selling it after 5 years, has anyone sold a shared ownership flat before? Is it easy to find a buyer?

I am sure there are restriction clauses embedded in the property contracts that would prevent you from selling. Please check well before diving in.

I know for sure with help to buy, you can let out the house, you can't sell, or buy a new property until you finish paying back the help to buy loan.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
Mellady:

https://hoa.org.uk/advice/guides-for-homeowners/i-am-buying/shared-ownership-what-to-watch-out-for/

https://www.savvywoman.co.uk/2017/09/shared-ownership-pros-cons/
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lizzyluke2: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
Dear Sir/Ma,
Please I will like to be enlightened on the below senerio:

I am on tier 2 visa for 3 year and my dependant is also on tier 2 dependant visa for 3 years.

we are already on 6months now and I want to change my employer.

Please I will like to ask if:
1. Should I use the extension visa link to apply for my new visa?
2. Should I also apply for a new visa for my dependant or I should allow her current visa to end?
3. Will I pay for IHS since my the IHS I paid for the 3 years visa has not expired?

I will be very happy if you could help me out.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 12:33am On Nov 26, 2019
Lizzyluke2:
Dear Sir/Ma,
Please I will like to be enlightened on the below senerio:

I am on tier 2 visa for 3 year and my dependant is also on tier 2 dependant visa for 3 years.

we are already on 6months now and I want to change my employer.

Please I will like to ask if:
1. Should I use the extension visa link to apply for my new visa?
2. Should I also apply for a new visa for my dependant or I should allow her current visa to end?
3. Will I pay for IHS since my the IHS I paid for the 3 years visa has not expired?

I will be very happy if you could help me out.

Thank you.

2. You don’t have to apply for a new visa for your dependant

3. Yes, you will pay new IHS with your new application m. However, the remaining balance from your previous IHS payment will be refunded most likely after the new visa has been issued
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by phyl123: 6:44am On Nov 26, 2019
Mellady:

I know people that have bought shared ownership flats but over the years they increased their ownership shares until they gained 100% share.
I don’t think you should have any problem selling it if you can jump through the various restrictions hurdles. Eg the housing association has got first refusal amongst other things, the only question is will be will it be worth it? because most of the professional fees will eat into any profit you hope to make. Also my personal opinion is that most of the shared ownership flats in London are overpriced. As a result you might fall into negative equity and be forced to stay put. So if you are not planning on living in it for at least 10 years I wouldn’t bother buying a shared ownership. Coupled with so many restrictions.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
ornicus:

you mad bro [oyb]

was busy looking for your handle the other day!! I hail o!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2019
DisGuy:

was busy looking for your handle the other day!! I hail o!

Hey man! Long time! How's it going? How and where is sisikill/babyjinx and what is she doing these days?

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

I want to thank everyone on this thread for the amazing job you are doing. You guys help thousands of people without even knowing it.

My process was successful without stress and I just landed in the UK. Special thanks to Justwise and Lexusgs430 - I was even applying for the wrong visa if not for their guidance and they kept assisting me through out the process. Special thanks to fatima04, Hunnybee and Uglyduckling for answering my questions when I needed assistance. May God bless you all abundantly.

Short story:
On my way from Obalende some time last month, a random guy's phone rang, he picked up and after listening for a while (the caller was somewhat distressed), he said "calm down, calm down, everything will be alright. Don't send any money to any agent, I will ask Justwise on our forum to know if it's true and let you know once he replies".
I smiled because I knew it could only be one Justwise. He has saved more hearts than any heart surgeon can imagine cheesy

To everyone who contributes on this thread, just know that you are helping lots of people out there and on behalf of all those who never came back to appreciate you all, I say THANK YOU!! As you help in making people's dreams come true, may everything you lay your hands upon prosper without limits and may all your dreams com true.

24 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
Southsky:
Hello everyone,

I want to thank everyone on this thread for the amazing job you are doing. You guys help thousands of people without even knowing it.

My process was successful without stress and I just landed in the UK. Special thanks to Justwise and Lexusgs430 - I was even applying for the wrong visa if not for their guidance and they kept assisting me through out the process. Special thanks to fatima04, Hunnybee and Uglyduckling for answering my questions when I needed assistance. May God bless you all abundantly.

Short story:
On my way from Obalende some time last month, a random guy's phone rang, he picked up and after listening for a while (the caller was somewhat distressed), he said "calm down, calm down, everything will be alright. Don't send any money to any agent, I will ask Justwise on our forum to know if it's true and let you know once he replies".
I smiled because I knew it could only be one Justwise. He has saved more hearts than any heart surgeon can imagine cheesy

To everyone who contributes on this thread, just know that you are helping lots of people out there and on behalf of all those who never came back to appreciate you all, I say THANK YOU!! As you help in making people's dreams come true, may everything you lay your hands upon prosper without limits and may all your dreams com true.

Congratulations............

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2019
Southsky:
Hello everyone,

Short story:

But Oga, you must return to that Obalende, till you hear someone else say....... 'Don't pay any agent let me ask Lexusgs430'............... grin

15 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Southsky:
Hello everyone,

Short story:

I remember this too well, part of that £3000 i saved you..... Send me £1000.00........ grin

Ayam greedy......... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

But Oga, you must return to that Obalende, till you hear someone else say....... 'Don't pay any agent let me ask Lexusgs430'............... grin
Lol, someone must have said that about you at some other location, trust me. The day you pursued me from that other thread and saved me from that mistake eh, I know say no be all heroes dey wear cape. In fact wifey asked me one day, how much do those guys on NL charge (she's not familiar with NL at all)... I just smiled and told her it's FOC shocked

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.