Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,012 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1374388 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:56am On Dec 07, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Those 2 years of PSW previously didnt count to residency and somehow people hussled the work visa for 5 years and naturalised . Especially if they can bring back HSMP that didnt tie you to an employer

Ohh ohh, never knew that. Abeg what was the HSMP
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:02am On Dec 07, 2019
RalphJean:

The 2 year PSW is a ‘dead end’ route.
It has ALWAYS been like that.

The Australian-style PBS is a different kettle of fish.

Never knew. We wait and see.

The Australia PBS both UK and US are just making as a benchmark reference is currently very very difficult to get. If they promise us Canada style then I am all in......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:06am On Dec 07, 2019
Aphrodite007:

shocked These people eh.. the way they hoard their country, you will think there is gold inside grin

So it’s even 2021, not 2020? And I’ve been announcing to all my friends to come.. let me go and retract my announcement please- it’s not me they will swear for grin

And if you see how their school fees have shot up, masters is now 24k cry

Lol, they can still come but make sure they graduate summer of 2021 not earlier.

24k for masters ke, where, how and what course.

That's too much oo

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:15am On Dec 07, 2019
fatima04:

Ohh ohh, never knew that. Abeg what was the HSMP

The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) was a scheme from 2002 until 2008, that was designed to allow highly skilled people to immigrate into the United Kingdom to look for work or self-employment opportunities.

There were many online calculators to use and the younger you were the better but I dont think it was that difficult. You needed 75points to get in. I was on like 90 point for initial and renewal so 75 was very much achievable, .... maintain it for 4 years and ILR next....it was later changed to 5 years then ILR . ....by 2008 the government's start remixing it and it never became the same again and was cancelled. Aunty May policy then became about reducing net immigration so she removed almost everything removable .... although I can see why non EU people flooded hsmp then coupled with more countries added to EU in 04 and 07

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 9:17am On Dec 07, 2019
thanks for the info.. been out just for about 2months

umarwy:

No

You only need a new one if you are applying for a new visa and have been out of the UK for more than 6 months prior
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

What's the point of getting piece of paper from starbucks everytime?

To claim the expense. Or don’t you need it to claim an expense? Please tell me no, because this receipt life I not bae at all grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:58pm On Dec 07, 2019
fatima04:

Lol, they can still come but make sure they graduate summer of 2021 not earlier.

24k for masters ke, where, how and what course.

That's too much oo

Hehe it’s even small sef- check Sheffield out for Material Science, even Manchester.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
Aphrodite007:

To claim the expense. Or don’t you need it to claim an expense? Please tell me no, because this receipt life I not bae at all grin

To claim expenses from who? From your company? I believe if you can provide evidence on the bank statement or emailed receipts, that should be sufficient. Who wants to be looking through papers. Anyways follow your accountant's lead oooo

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hakyntommy: 8:24am On Dec 08, 2019
Good morning everyone. I just stumbled on this thread now and I really love what you guys are doing. Please my husband will like to apply for master's in Scotland and will like to go with myself and the kids. We are looking at applying for the September session. Please we need a guide to how to start the preparation step by step.thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:36am On Dec 08, 2019
Hakyntommy:
Good morning everyone. I just stumbled on this thread now and I really love what you guys are doing. Please my husband will like to apply for master's in Scotland and will like to go with myself and the kids. We are looking at applying for the September session. . Please we need a guide to how to start the preparation step by step.thanks

You have more than a enough time to prepare for this and this is the thread you need https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2019
LagosismyHome:

The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) was a scheme from 2002 until 2008, that was designed to allow highly skilled people to immigrate into the United Kingdom to look for work or self-employment opportunities.

There were many online calculators to use and the younger you were the better but I dont think it was that difficult. You needed 75points to get in. I was on like 90 point for initial and renewal so 75 was very much achievable, .... maintain it for 4 years and ILR next....it was later changed to 5 years then ILR . ....by 2008 the government's start remixing it and it never became the same again and was cancelled. Aunty May policy then became about reducing net immigration so she removed almost everything removable .... although I can see why non EU people flooded hsmp then coupled with more countries added to EU in 04 and 07

Ohh, thanks for the explanation. Why cant they bring the HSMP back then? It seems more immigration friendly than other Point based system because you can easily get ILR after a certain period.

Will vote for any party promoting that grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:31am On Dec 09, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 10:39am On Dec 09, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Of course- if there’s ever any wrong deductions that would be paid back- the issue is how they will ascertain that the deduction is wrong, when they did not put blackbox in my bag to be following me around grin

Just pray you never ever have an inquiry, even how much you are left to feed with will be assessed. receipts will be picked at random and you will be asked to explain the journey and how it relates to business. If its a client then you will have to show the invoice or where you billed the client. they will pull out an audit trail from where you visited the client - invoice- payment received and how you accounted for it in your returns. Then all the non business expenses will be put back plus interest and you will be billed. you can always appeal.

We once had a client who used a helicopter to pick up his son from a private school in Kent and he put it throught the books, the IR threw it out but he appealed and won. He was going to see a client and stopped over to pick his son. he was one of our craziest clients.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:30am On Dec 09, 2019
Rubyventures:

Just pray you never ever have an inquiry, even how much you are left to feed with will be assessed. receipts will be picked at random and you will be asked to explain the journey and how it relates to business. If its a client then you will have to show the invoice or where you billed the client. they will pull out an audit trail from where you visited the client - invoice- payment received and how you accounted for it in your returns. Then all the non business expenses will be put back plus interest and you will be billed. you can always appeal.

We once had a client who used a helicopter to pick up his son from a private school in Kent and he put it throught the books, the IR threw it out but he appealed and won. He was going to see a client and stopped over to pick his son. he was one of our craziest clients.
shocked
Some people get mind sha. I met someone who dies not keep receipts. He said his accountant discarded them when he first gave it to her and she said he didn't need them. She also helped him reduce his tax liability from about 20k to less than 10k. I just told myself to keep doing what I am doing. He is British and so will not be kicked out even if found out but I don't want HMRCs wahala. He laughed at me for collecting receipts but I don't mind.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by 7Alexandre: 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
@Lexusgs430 & @EngrSaks

Thank you for your advices.

I landed safely to London.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Alexandre7: 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
wonlasewonimi:
Ralphjean are you still voting for this?

https://www.facebook.com/25749647410/posts/10156943616612411/?sfnsn=scwspmo&d=n&vh=e

You relied on Facebook video snippets.
I watched that debate live.

As for your question:
Answer is;
YES!
I am still voting for the tories (on this occasion), because the alternative would be to vote in a Far left communist. Alternative would be to vote in a Corbyn who can’t even say what his position on BreXit is.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
RalphJean:

As for your question:
Answer is;
YES!
I am still voting for the tories (on this occasion), because the alternative would be to vote in a Far left communist. Alternative would be to vote in a Corbyn who can’t even say what his position on BreXit is.

Na our face e go do. ( oju wa loma se)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
7Alexandre:
@Lexusgs430 & @EngrSaks

Thank you for your advices.

I landed safely to London.

Have fun!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
RalphJean:

As for your question:
Answer is;
YES!
He said he will be neutral if there is a new referendum. I don’t understand the man and his party. Making promises like APC.
Said he will renegotiate a new deal within 3 months and then hold a referendum on the deal. How does this make sense?
Tories are clueless as well but the new immigration system is a plus for me and I am voting them because of that.
Although my region is predominantly a Labour region; so the vote might not count .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
Rubyventures:

Helicopter? Chai, babe you sure we can’t be friends, please I’m looking for reach clients too grin

Thanks for explaining love- I don hear
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
tshoboy:

He said he will be neutral if there is a new referendum. I don’t understand the man and his party. Making promises like APC.
Said he will renegotiate a new deal within 3 months and then hold a referendum on the deal. How does this make sense?
Tories are clueless as well but the new immigration system is a plus for me and I am voting them because of that.
Although my region is predominantly a Labour region; so the vote might not count .

Very true.
Labour be campaigning like APC. Punctuating every statement with ...”10 years of Tories...10 years of Tories...” same way APC was bombarding us about ‘16 years of PDP’
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 2:47am On Dec 10, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2019
Kolping:

These people no get joy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 10:14am On Dec 10, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Helicopter? Chai, babe you sure we can’t be friends, please I’m looking for reach clients too grin

Thanks for explaining love- I don hear

You are welcome. Anyone can rent an Helicopter ride, the cost starts from under £5k. Just incase you are considering it. grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:49pm On Dec 10, 2019
Rubyventures:

You are welcome. Anyone can rent an Helicopter ride, the cost starts from under £5k. Just incase you are considering it. grin grin

Do you know that I actually laughed out loud grin

No be only consider; e just remain 2k and I go get 4-bed house mortgage for my side (shared + H2B)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 12, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 10:47am On Dec 12, 2019
Quick questions guys, can a tier 2 visa applicant, use his dependant’s (wife) account to certify maintenance for visa application as she has enough money saved more than 6 months in her account,the trust he got a job with did not certify maintenance for him.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:03am On Dec 12, 2019
TRAY2:
Quick questions guys, can a tier 2 visa applicant, use his dependant’s (wife) account to certify maintenance for visa application as she has enough money saved more than 6 months in her account,the trust he got a job with did not certify maintenance for him.

You can use the main applicant account. See link for confirmation https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2019
ELECTION DAY!

I hope the Tories don't win. I forsee a hung parliament.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:50am On Dec 12, 2019
spacyzuma:
ELECTION DAY!

I hope the Tories don't win. I forsee a hung parliament.

I hope your prayers is dragged down by force of gravity.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by proudly9ja(m): 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Hehe it’s even small sef- check Sheffield out for Material Science, even Manchester.
I was at UoS in 2007 for my MSc. Tuition was £13,700 then.
I'm sure it's gone up way higher now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.