Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1302472 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by awardeez: 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dexter07:
Hi Awardeez, I have not bothered to call them yet..maybe cos i still have time relatively as my passport still valid till March

Hi,

Does this mean you will not be going for your 22/06 appointment?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mamacajah: 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
Is there anyone living in Stirling, Scotland? Looking for indepth information on jobs, children schools for a prospective student come September..thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 10:10am On Jun 23, 2020
I've got a friend who is a current Stirling student and about jobs, she said there aren't too many jobs and most times working in Glasgow is more like it. Would ask her for more info and get back to you.
mamacajah:
Is there anyone living in Stirling, Scotland? Looking for indepth information on jobs, children schools for a prospective student come September..thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
awardeez:

Hi,

Does this mean you will not be going for your 22/06 appointment?

Hello,

did you attend the appointment at the NHC in London? How did it go?

Rgds
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mamacajah: 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
mimilyrics:
I've got a friend who is a current Stirling student and about jobs, she said there aren't too many jobs and most times working in Glasgow is more like it. Would ask her for more info and get back to you.

hmm..thanks.you are a life saver! seems like it's either glasgow or northumbria for her..I will give her the feedback..

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MadameKofo: 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
ybahrbz91:
Good Afternoon House. I am a Physiotherapist who is interested in migrating to the UK. I would appreciate if there is any Physiotherapist in the house who has successfully migrated through the HCPC programme should kindly put me through.

Thank you for your time.

I haven't been on here in quite a while, apologies for the late response. I am physiotherapist in the UK on a spouse dependent visa. Do you have your HCPC license and how many years of clinical experience do you have?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
Back again. Anyone needs Naira for ££ ??
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2020
Mimzyy:
Rate?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2020
Mimzyy:

Rate
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2020
515 at ACE’s rate. If there’s any better let me know pls.
dustydee:

Rate?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2020

LagosismyHome:

Rate
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
Mimzyy:

Oh, Rhemito is 521.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
My friend had this to say (she's currently student ambassador there):

Well, Stirling is quiet and not so metropolitan, there are jobs but not as much as u will find in Glasgow or Edinburgh as competition is high and less commercial activity. The good news is it's really close to the other 2 cities and one can take a job there as well and live in stirling.
For students, there are more of care jobs, retail stores (very competitive) and restaurants and of course, Amazon.
But it might not be forthcoming as soon as might be expected but from January, more opportunities open up due to international students going back to their countries and leaving their jobs.
On children school: well, I don't have children in school there but I have colleagues who do as well, I would want to believe its same standard as with the whole of UK.. You might just want to find out about locations before they rent house too

mamacajah:

hmm..thanks.you are a life saver! seems like it's either glasgow or northumbria for her..I will give her the feedback..

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yemisih(f): 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
Good evening everyone,pls enlighten me how can a nigerian lecturer (PhD holder) get lecturing job in the UK.
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
Yemisih:
Good evening everyone,pls enlighten me how can a nigerian lecturer (PhD holder) get lecturing job in the UK.
Thank you

Does this lecturer pronounce words and speaks, like my Professor at Unilag (we later knew he came from oyo)......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yemisih(f): 4:06am On Jun 25, 2020
At all���. @lexus430 abeg help nah.
Lexusgs430:

Does this lecturer pronounce words and speaks, like my Professor at Unilag (we later knew he came from oyo)......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 7:24am On Jun 25, 2020
Yemisih:
Thank you

First things first.
Look for available vacancies on reputable websites and apply by filling online forms.

For starters, have a look here: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/categories/lecturer-jobs

Attend the interview (Can be done virtually on zoom or Skype etc).

Impress the panel by beating ALL other applicants hands down. I mean thorough beating, especially other competing applicants from the UK and EU.

Receive an email:
congratulations, we are pleased to notify you that the interview panel, after a rigorous process has decided to offer you the job of lecturer ....”

The university will provide you with an electronic certificate of sponsorship.

You use the certificate to apply for UK work visa.

You, your other half (if any) and ALL your biological (or legally adopted children) under the age of 18 packs your bags.

You reach airport, and sing...
‘Bye bye, to Buhari’
‘Bye bye to Adamu Adamu’ ( did you even know that is the current Education minister’s name?)
‘Bye bye to ASUU’ - I know you will miss ASUU

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 8:11am On Jun 25, 2020
Just like a previous person posted, I too have Naira. I'm looking for POUNDS - school fees cannot pay itself biko.
Does anyone wish to send some much-needed money home?
I can transfer to the Nigerian Bank acct, and you transfer to my ££ account.

My price promise:
I will match, or beat (by up to 5 naira per pound) any quotes you have from Rhemito, Ace, SmallWorld, Transferwise, Ohentpay, Azimo, Bank.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gundi: 8:14am On Jun 25, 2020
RalphJean:

First things first.
Look for available vacancies on reputable websites and apply by filling online forms.

Impress the panel by beating ALL other applicants hands down. I mean thorough beating, especially other competing applicants from the UK and EU.

Receive an email:
congratulations, we are pleased to notify you that the interview panel, after a rigorous process has decided to offer you the job of lecturer ....”

You, your other half (if any) and ALL your biological (or legally adopted children) under the age of 18 packs your bags.

‘Bye bye, to Buhari’
‘Bye bye to Adamu Adamu’ ( did you even know that is the current Education minister’s name?)

Lol, see as the thing sweet.

Please I want to ask, if someone is not married yet and gets a job in UK, can he go to UK for a year, then come back to do weddin?; can the partner come on dependant Visa after the wedding, or it's until the 5years stay in UK and then ILR stage before one can now file for the partner?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 9:03am On Jun 25, 2020
RalphJean:
Just like a previous person posted, I too have Naira. I'm looking for POUNDS - school fees cannot pay itself biko.
Does anyone wish to send some much-needed money home?
I can transfer to the Nigerian Bank acct, and you transfer to my ££ account.

My price promise:
I will match, or beat (by up to 5 naira per pound) any quotes you have from Rhemito, Ace, SmallWorld, Transferwise, Ohentpay, Azimo, Bank.

How much are we talking about?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:08am On Jun 25, 2020
marylandcakes:

How much are we talking about?

I have attached Azimo and Ace rates.

Tell me what you think.

Like I said, I will match, or beat those ones I listed. I can even match or beat others.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:10am On Jun 25, 2020
Gundi:

Please I want to ask, if someone is not married yet and gets a job in UK, can he go to UK for a year, then come back to do weddin?; can the partner come on dependant Visa after the wedding, or it's until the 5years stay in UK and then ILR stage before one can now file for the partner?

Of course..... Infact, he can return after 2 days and get married.
Then apply for the wife immediately.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yemisih(f): 10:42am On Jun 25, 2020
I appreciate ds,thank u !
RalphJean:

First things first.

Receive an email:

‘Bye bye, to Buhari’

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:06am On Jun 25, 2020
dustydee:

Oh, Rhemito is 521.

I can match that.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gundi: 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
RalphJean:

Of course..... Infact, he can return after 2 days and get married.
Then apply for the wife immediately.

I'm not sure if this answer is genuine, or this is sarcasm �
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2020
Yes, he can as long as he can prove that the marriage is genuine. No need to wait 5 years.

Gundi:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Justarandomguy: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2020
hello my people, i want to open an account in the UK but i don't have any utility bill in my name but in my parents name, is there any way to go around this?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
Gundi:

I'm not sure if this answer is genuine, or this is sarcasm �

This isn’t sacarsm.
I am serious.
Very serious.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
Justarandomguy:
hello my people, i want to open an account in the UK but i don't have any utility bill in my name but in my parents name, is there any way to go around this?

Let’s start from basics 101:
Are you CURRENTLY resident in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gundi: 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
RalphJean:

This isn’t sacarsm.
I am serious.
Very serious.

Thank you sir, I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you so much.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gundi: 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
mimilyrics:
Yes, he can as long as he can prove that the marriage is genuine. No need to wait 5 years.

Thank you for the response, this was reassuring.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.