Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1302361 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
LagosismyHome:

I received this whatapp from 3 different people in naija . When I checked the link , nothing there states what the write up is about

I think it's one of those messages , someone just composed and started sending around with little truth to it

Yea, but the truth there is that if you're a British citizen you can bring your parent to stay with u on family Visa route instead of visiting
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2020
Phayie:

Yea, but the truth there is that if you're a British citizen you can bring your parent to stay with u on family Visa route instead of visiting

Kindly explain this further... I thought this is difficult to get
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
Phayie:

Please, tell me more.... ayam interested.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/adult-dependent-relative

LagosismyHome:

LagosismyHome:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
Did you read further to the part where you need to prove that your parent is sick, disabled or aged, needs help with daily living and doesn't have available care or access to affordable care? The success of the application is hinged on this and that's why many people shy away from making this kind of application.

You need to prove that all of the above situations exist in addition to the settled status and finance of the child.

i.e. In a situation where you've got your siblings (your parents' children) /family (your parents' spouse) in Nigeria with your parents, you'd need to prove that they can't provide care or help with your parents' daily living.

Speaking from experience, when the parent is aged with no immediate family in Nigeria, it's easier.

Phayie:

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
Phayie:

Thanks...I dont know of now, but before showing this was very difficult to convince home office , except if the parents was really I'll and no siblings in nigeria

You must prove all of the following:

you need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks because of illness, disability or your age

the care you need is not available or affordable in the country you live in
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2020
Well, that's what I read. What is difficult for u might not for another person. It depend on how u go about it

mimilyrics:
Did you read further to the part where you need to prove that your parent is sick, disabled or aged, needs help with daily living and doesn't have available care or access to affordable care? The success of the application is hinged on this and that's why many people shy away from making this kind of application.

You need to prove that all of the above situations exist in addition to the settled status and finance of the child.

i.e. In a situation where you've got your siblings (your parents' children) /family (your parents' spouse) in Nigeria with your parents, you'd need to prove that they can't provide care or help with your parents' daily living.

Speaking from experience, when the parent is aged with no immediate family in Nigeria, it's easier.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
Read again, I didn't say that it was difficult for me; no matter how you go about it, you must prove that the application meets the requirements. I only explained why people often stay away from it because they would need to prove that they meet the requirements and this can be sometimes difficult.
We didn't have a problem when we did it for my mum because there was no immediate family in Nigeria when the application was made but that may not be the case for everyone else.

Phayie:
Well, that's what I read. What is difficult for u might not for another person. It depend on how u go about it

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Perra: 11:07am On Jul 09, 2020
Is High school in the UK free? Like canada and .i think, America? ...for kids?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 12:33pm On Jul 09, 2020
I have a baby cot that I would like to give away. It looks exactly in this link https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/boxing-day-sales-deals-kids-10632832 (Chatsworth Cotbed in the Babies R Us) bought from Toys r us.

If you live around Derby / Leicester / Nottingham / Loughborough axis and interested in picking it up, please let me know smiley.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nonso6912: 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
Nonso6912:
Good day, I'm quite new on Nairaland. I would love to know if someone has Currently recieved a UK tier 2 (general) visa or any visa, since the visa application centers resumed work.

I would appreciate any further info on this, that ka.

Please any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
Nonso6912:

Please any info on this would be appreciated. Thanks
Dont quote me on this but what they got was a visa waiver. They ll use the visa waiver to get on the plane to the uk. I dont know what other processes involved to get the visa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by penurypredator(m): 12:30am On Jul 10, 2020
Please house any helpful tip as regards enrolling to driving school cos I’ve never drove a car all my life.
The price I’m seeing is scary too and I just need to learn as quick as I can.
Any recommendation as regards a cheap deal or tip will be appreciated
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:31am On Jul 10, 2020
penurypredator:
Please house any helpful tip as regards enrolling to driving school cos I’ve never drove a car all my life.

A penury predator attempting to be stingy....... Living true to one's moniker, as never been exhibited this blatantly.......

Wonders they say, never ends......... grin

How would the driving instructor pay his/her mortgage/rent, bills, franchise charges, fuel, tax, etc etc

For a driver with zero hours driving time, you unfortunately need an instructor.....

Spend this money joor, how would you feel, if i told your employer to cut your wage...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

A penury predator attempting to be stingy....... Living true to one's moniker, as never been exhibited this blatantly.......

How would the driving instructor pay his/her mortgage/rent, bills, franchise charges, fuel, tax, etc etc

For a driver with zero hours driving time, you unfortunately need an instructor.....

Spend this morning joor, how would you feel, if i told your employer to cut your wage...... cheesy
cheesy

He is indeed a very stingy one grin

How are you doing?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2020
sassysure:

cheesy

He is indeed a very stingy one grin

How are you doing?

I dey o.... Resting and hibernating..... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I dey o.... Resting and hibernating..... wink
cheesy
Well done
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nonso6912: 7:53am On Jul 10, 2020
missjekyll:

Dont quote me on this but what they got was a visa waiver. They ll use the visa waiver to get on the plane to the uk. I dont know what other processes involved to get the visa

Thanks for this response, I booked and did my biometrics for a tier 2 (general) visa in Nigeria before the lockdown, and I've gotten no response even now that they're open.

Wanted to know, if I may still get the waiver or should expect a visa or if anyone has been issued a visa recently.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by penurypredator(m): 9:31am On Jul 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Spend this money joor, how would you feel, if i told your employer to cut your wage...... cheesy
grin in all honesty boss the least I’m seeing is £22/hr
And plss how many hours do you think I should enroll for knowing fully well that I’m a complete noob.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2020
£22/h is very cheap, you are lucky you got that.

For a 'complete noob' start off with 15 hours, see how you go with that and then top up with prolly 5 hours or as required.

penurypredator:

;DIn all honesty boss the least I’m seeing is £22/hr
And plss how many hours do you think I should enroll for knowing fully well that I’m a complete noob.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by penurypredator(m): 9:57am On Jul 10, 2020
beryour:
£22/h is very cheap, you are lucky you got that.

For a 'complete noob' start off with 15 hours, see how you go with that and then top up with prolly 5 hours or as required.

Noted boss
Thank you so much smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2020
penurypredator:

Start by booking a bulk bundle (10 lessons), you would receive a little discount.........

When you start driving that ferrari, you would soon forget this lesson sacrifices........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by penurypredator(m): 10:02am On Jul 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Start by booking a bulk bundle (10 lessons), you would receive a little discount.........

When you start driving that ferrari, you would soon forget this lesson sacrifices........... cheesy
grin Thanks Boss
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 10:03am On Jul 10, 2020
Is there anyone living in Birmingham here, if so what’s thee place like? What’s the nicest ares to live in? Leafy areas?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by markovnikov(m): 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
Hi everyone, pls i want to share some thoughts of mine....and i would really appreciate ur opinions on them both destructive and constructive.

I am a dental student in my penultimate year, unfortunately dentist not on the UK sol for now..tho hoping for it be on the list in subsequent years, but it seems uk is quite saturated with dentist....so as plan B i am thinking of goin the Nursing way since it's a profession that keeps reoccurring on the UK sol ...I Intend to work as a dentist here in Nigeria for some years and in the course of that study Nursing ( weird right undecided)..then by the time i av enough funds ...apply for Nursing jobs from Nigeria here to move...then if there's eventually openings for dentist..i can get registration thru the ORE route with GDC..and apply for a dentist job if i so wish..

I av considered the other routes for dentist be it uk , canada, usa., ireland ..but given my peculiar circumstance it might be impossible to meet up financially and age i ain't sure is on my side...the reasons for the plan B i highlighted and uk my preferred destination at the moment.

P.S: I av a first degree already in Environmental Science, and i wud be 30 dis year.

My Push : I really desire more than ever to av a feel of living in a developed country, in a more saner clime, and raise a family there..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2020
markovnikov:
Hi everyone, pls i want to share some thoughts of mine....and i would really appreciate ur opinions on them both destructive and constructive.

I am a dental student in my penultimate year, unfortunately dentist not on the UK sol for now..tho hoping for it be on the list in subsequent years, but it seems uk is quite saturated with dentist....so as plan B i am thinking of goin the Nursing way since it's a profession that keeps reoccurring on the UK sol ...I Intend to work as a dentist here in Nigeria for some years and in the course of that study Nursing ( weird right undecided)..then by the time i av enough funds ...apply for Nursing jobs from Nigeria here to move...then if there's eventually openings for dentist..i can get registration thru the ORE route with GDC..and apply for a dentist job if i so wish..

I av considered the other routes for dentist be it uk , canada, usa., ireland ..but given my peculiar circumstance it might be impossible to meet up financially and age i ain't sure is on my side...the reasons for the plan B i highlighted and uk my preferred destination at the moment.

P.S: I av a first degree already in Environmental Science, and i wud be 30 dis year.

My Push : I really desire more than ever to av a feel of living in a developed country, in a more saner clime, and raise a family there..

Dentists are needed in the UK but the exam pathway (ORE) to get licenced is very expensive when compared to other medical fields. Maybe because dentists earn very high over there. Nursing and going for masters still remain the highest means to travel. If you have the cash,you can consider 2 years masters in nursing in the UK. But I guess the tuition fee may be higher than the cost for the required dentistry exams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
markovnikov:

When you mentioned ' Destructive & Constructive'........ My gum bled a little....

You made people on this thread, sound like jackals.... Awaiting to devour any prey running around aimlessly.......

RJ, is probably the only jackal we have here........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
penurypredator:

When it comes to driving .... shortcut leads to long cut and more money when you get to the end . Once you remember that then you are good to go .

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
penurypredator:
Penury destroyer grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
Nonso6912:

Thanks for this response, I booked and did my biometrics for a tier 2 (general) visa in Nigeria before the lockdown, and I've gotten no response even now that they're open.

Wanted to know, if I may still get the waiver or should expect a visa or if anyone has been issued a visa recently.

Yea the bloke just got into the uk this afternoon. he used a waiver. it depends on how desperately your employers need you. If it's the NHS,I dont see them sending a special flight for anybody. Annoying
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by prettytasha(f): 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please I need a good money transfer provider with a good customer service provider . Azimo right now is the worse . I just don't understand thier crappy service . Can someone help me with an online money transfer service that sends within minutes ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
Try Ace Money Transfer.
prettytasha:
Please I need a good money transfer provider with a good customer service provider . Azimo right now is the worse . I just don't understand thier crappy service . Can someone help me with an online money transfer service that sends within minutes ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.