Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307342 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Ehnnn .... maybe it been long but I was told the passport came from Nigeria or an African country grin hence why it takes time. But now you said it, it more efficient to have it printed in the building

No, the passport is printed at the high commission. Needed it urgently, met a good Samaritan that helped but had to pay the emergency fee. Did biometrics and collected it on the same day. After travelling from madam Nicola land twice.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2020
omopapa:
Typical for someone living OUTSIDE london

House rent £500
Council Tax £110
Energy £70
Water £30
TV license £15
Car insurance £55
Road tax £12
Phone contract/data £75
Broadband £25
Food £200
Miscellaneous £150

Food £200 a month for a bachelor, what are you eating? Bake beans and toast?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 5:26pm On Aug 21, 2020
£10 meat
£3 shaki
£3 ponmo
£1 scotch bonnet
2for £1 plum tomatoes
and 3 for £1 bell peppers stew don ready probably lasts for 3-5 days then repeat the process

£10 basmati rice
3 for £1 plantain

£5 garri
£10 Ola Ola poundo Iyan
£1.5 bread

marylandcakes:

Food £200 a month for a bachelor, what are you eating? Bake beans and toast?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:05pm On Aug 21, 2020
omopapa:
£10 meat
£3 shaki
£3 ponmo
£1 scotch bonnet
2for £1 plum tomatoes
and 3 for £1 bell peppers stew don ready probably lasts for 3-5 days then repeat the process

£10 basmati rice
3 for £1 plantain

£5 garri
£10 Ola Ola poundo Iyan
£1.5 bread

Issa very lean diet! You’ve gotta make room for ‘treats’ in your menus mbok. Life is meant for the living and happy smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 7:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
Aphrodite007:

He made his payment in April? . I’m sorry for asking. Let me just be quiet because us that made payment in Aug; it’s next year then grin

Their's was delayed due to covid19. I was told is quicker in Ikoyi if you want to apply there. You can use the opportunity to renew Yur PVC card and vote for 2023 Presidential election. Am just suggesting
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2020
Phenmeson:

Their's was delayed due to covid19. I was told is quicker in Ikoyi if you want to apply there. You can use the opportunity to renew Yur PVC card and vote for 2023 Presidential election. Am just suggesting
��� This guy you have killed me with laughter tonight ....... You already making preparations for 2023���

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2020
Aphrodite007:
Chai, you people did not even miss me at all.. my heart is paining me cry cry

Glad to see that you all survived the pandemic grin many thanks to everyone that checked on me while I was away. The depression got too much biko (no family, no friends, no Nigerian food, no work).

I feel like I should be given award for surviving this period grin

We miss you ooooo. Good to have you back.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Just check Shelter.org.uk they will tell you how to fight with your landlord. There are 5 stages, after writing those 5 letters, you’re free to fix it yourself and deduct the cost from your rent.

Of course the agency or landlord will harass you. Tell them to go and call the police on you, that you have all the letters that you sent to the landlord/agency and you will give it to the police with a link to shelters website. That it will be an easy investigation.

That’s how I shut my landlord and agency up, when they wanted to bully, rubbish, they don’t know that I’m a mad woman!

Thank you. Will check them out. I have written my council “private tenant reporting your landlord thingy”. Will check this shelter.org too. I have never lived anywhere that a tenant had to take responsibility for such repair!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by OBYNOWEST12(m): 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
Thanks guys. I appreciate.

mimilyrics:
London transportation is cool and you'd only need a car if you don't want to rely on public transport for those odd hours movement or for those days when there are train delays. I did an estimated break down on the other UK post.
For car cost estimates, see below: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/consumer-advice/car-advice/a29318934/owning-car-costs/

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by OBYNOWEST12(m): 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2020
Please is this for a week or monthly expenses on feeding.

omopapa:
£10 meat
£3 shaki
£3 ponmo
£1 scotch bonnet
2for £1 plum tomatoes

£10 basmati rice
3 for £1 plantain

£5 garri
£10 Ola Ola poundo Iyan
£1.5 bread

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by OBYNOWEST12(m): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2020
I want to ask some questions guys.

Someone who has certificate of sponsorship assigned on 1st of August which expires on 2nd of November that's 3months duration b4 it expires.

Is it possible for someone to make use of that CoS to apply for Visa on October 29th, 30th or 31st. Or is the CoS still valid to apply for visa ending of October.

2nd: Questions. Can one assigned two Cos from different employer at the same time. Or can one have another CoS assigned from different employer at d same time before the previous CoS expires. **employer is NHS**.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
Aphrodite007:
Chai, you people did not even miss me at all.. my heart is paining me cry cry

Glad to see that you all survived the pandemic grin many thanks to everyone that checked on me while I was away. The depression got too much biko (no family, no friends, no Nigerian food, no work).

I feel like I should be given award for surviving this period grin

Impossicant, I asked after you a few pages back. Probably should have sent a PM though.

No Nigerian food ke, lets remedy that sharply

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
More than a week

OBYNOWEST12:
Please is this for a week or monthly expenses on feeding.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2020
omopapa:
£10 meat
£3 shaki
£3 ponmo
£1 scotch bonnet
2for £1 plum tomatoes

£10 basmati rice
3 for £1 plantain

£5 garri
£10 Ola Ola poundo Iyan
£1.5 bread

See calculation grin grin, is like you will be collecting change from your wifey when you marry oo

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
Good news oo, world remit is doing 2% of all transfers to Nigeria grin grin.

Use my code for free. Rate is 500naira. Don't say I never bring good news oo
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
fatima04:

They need to keep up with their mate ooo.... cool.... others are doing almost 600 naira , world remit is exchanging at 500 naira .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
fatima04:

It's like nairaland delayed this your post o. That was the exchange rate about 3 months ago. We are now counting down to N600/£.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2020
grin grin grin

The analysis is for the lady asking

fatima04:

See calculation grin grin, is like you will be collecting change from your wifey when you marry oo
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
Did u say counting down? It’s official already

dustydee:

It's like nairaland delayed this your post o. That was the exchange rate about 3 months ago. We are now counting down to N600/£.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2020
dustydee:

Lol, don't mind them. I hissed so much when I saw the email. Chai wasted money and time when I was using world remit
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2020
omopapa:
Did u say counting down? It’s official already

But this is scary, they need to mitigate the risk of naira becoming totally useless. 600 naira is alot
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mobilipia(f): 12:12am On Aug 22, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Ah dustydee how did I forget you and my justwise (That’s always angry with me) grin thanks love, I missed you plenty too kiss
I always ask of you, to the extent of sending you an email on nairaland. I hope you're strong now. Welcome back and I look forward to your constructive criticism grin. You say it as it is.

I'll like to connect outside nairaland if you don't mind grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 12:47am On Aug 22, 2020
fatima04:

But this is scary, they need to mitigate the risk of naira becoming totally useless. 600 naira is alot
Naira is already useless na..... or is it until it gets to £1=#1,000 naira........
Let me not hear anybody say giant of Africa again oh...... We are the mosquitoes of Africa now if anything ��

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:58am On Aug 22, 2020
fatima04:

But the only way to mitigate it is to wake Baba Buhari up as he is obviously sleeping on many issues.

Abeg go wake him up for us wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:58am On Aug 22, 2020
fatima04:

Abeg allow the free fall.. it will rise again, 4yrs ago it went up to 620 and within a week it went down to 450 .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:59am On Aug 22, 2020
dustydee:

Please where did you see 600.. I only saw 590
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:03am On Aug 22, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Ah dustydee how did I forget you and my justwise (That’s always angry with me) grin thanks love, I missed you plenty too kiss

..forgot story!! Those you mentioned before are the ones you missed..adding me and dustydee no count grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 7:32am On Aug 22, 2020
justwise:

Please where did you see 600.. I only saw 590
590 is the lowest I have seen the naira to the pound. I believe the person that said it was 600 uses agents.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 7:38am On Aug 22, 2020
wallg123:

Naira is already useless na..... or is it until it gets to £1=#1,000 naira........
Let me not hear anybody say giant of Africa again oh...... We are the mosquitoes of Africa now if anything ��
The two are not necessarily related. The exchange rate matters a lot because we are import dependent otherwise it would not be a big deal. The naira is still stronger than South Korean Won and Vietnamese dong but those economies are thriving while ours is on ventilator.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2020
dustydee:

590 is the lowest I have seen the naira to the pound. I believe the person that said it was 600 uses agents.

I thought as much
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:51am On Aug 22, 2020
justwise:

..forgot story!! Those you mentioned before are the ones you missed..adding me and dustydee no count grin

Now stop been jealous.......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:54am On Aug 22, 2020
wallg123:

Why mention innocent mosquitoes, when the true meaning is actually in the word GIANT of Africa............ cheesy

Just remove the GI, you are left with ANT......... Come back tomorrow, to conclude this lecture....... grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.