Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1304167 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
justwise:

I know that but still labour or labor is correct.

E be like say you Na like those kind students for my secondary school during exams.
Dem go collect question paper, look all the questions, then set their own question by themselves and answer the questions by themselves.
The question was not about Labour and Labor, the root of the question was about British English.
There is nothing like ‘Labor‘ in British English.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
RalphJean:

E be like say you Na like those kind students for my secondary school during exams.
Dem go collect question paper, look all the questions, then set their own question by themselves and answer the questions by themselves.
The question was not about Labour and Labor, the root of the question was about British English.
There is nothing like ‘Labor‘ in British English.

You seems to forget how the labour vs labor argument stated. Its not about whether its British English or not, its about whether those two words are correct or not.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

They are both correct
They are but in the context of writing, you have to have standards and also be consistent. I remember during SSCE, you must not use American spellings when writing your essay or you will be penalised.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
I responded with the edits about an hour ago.
noblealuu:

Dear Mimi, I sent you a mail concerning a scholarship. Kindly go through it when you're free. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by noblealuu: 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
mimilyrics:
I responded with the edits about an hour ago.

I have seen it. You did a splendid job as always. May God bless you and take you to higher heights. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 8:32am On Sep 21, 2020
OlakunmiSMELTD:
Please guys, as a new student traveling from Nigeria.

What kind of food will you suggest for me to carry?
Is palm oil allowed?
Nop,customs will shine with you at the airport, its cheap i n the Uk do not bother,carry beans, local spices from home, bring dried fish bagged properly and all other small stuffs oh Egussi and ogbono too, at least one small basket each,concentrate on them things thank me later,

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 8:34am On Sep 21, 2020
Godlove087:
Please what are the prospects of getting a job to enable staying back after successfully completion of MSc social work?,I’m a self sponsored student and I’ve done my research but elders experience will be appreciated as well....
Though
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2020
humblemoi:

Speaking about naija passport renewal, when would be best time for me to consider renewing my passport as it would expire in April '21 and I need to renew my visa also in June '21.
Need to plan it properly so that I don't begin to panic with all these stories of passport renewal backlog.
If U can afford it bro go 9ja and renew your 9ja passport,I will never renew mine in the UK,they take the biscuit
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 8:49am On Sep 21, 2020
missjekyll:

You will live long. I should probably book lodging in this peckham of a place. I hear its Lagos.
far frm it, lol the P town is expenssive.not the shyte hole it used to be
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 8:55am On Sep 21, 2020
wallg123:

If you go to setting on ur phone and check the setting on you google map, it has speed camera Warning options as well as toll and other settings .... u don’t need a special app just to avoid speed camera
wrong, its inbuilt into GoogleMaps if u are on the Andriod thing and its only barely recent ie less than 2 years go.this was what put the final nail on the coffin for Tom Toms and stuff like that
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 21, 2020
Hello people, one quick question please. Can someone a tier 2 dependent Visa start a small business in UK ( agribusiness ) instead of working for any employer and possibly eligible for start up loan?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Tier 2 Dependants are able to work without restrictions

Ace2013:
Hello people, one quick question please. Can someone a tier 2 dependent Visa start a small business in UK ( agribusiness ) instead of working for any employer and possibly eligible for start up loan?

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Pace6: 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2020
wallg123:

The UK government last year talked about bring back the 2 yrs post study visa. So I’d advice you look into that route as one of your options.... Having said this, there are other routes available but I’ll leave it for others to advice u on them

Please house a quick question, is it possible to work in the UK after an undergraduate studies? And if you’re to choose between Poland and UK for study which will you prefer?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Pace6: 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
Please make me understand, is UK better than Poland or Australia for studying?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
Pace6:
Please make me understand, is UK better than Poland or Australia for studying?

Make you understand...

Have you bought form? Or paid school fees??

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by JJuin03: 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2020
fatima04:

To be honest anywhere you choose to go in the UK is good in terms of your questions above.

However, I am biased towards Wolverhampton because its my locale and I like everything about it,its proximity to Birmingham (second largest city in UK), good balance of various ethnic groups (this is key for quick and easy adaptation), easy access to naija food, cheap and easy access to different transportation links (bus, train and tram), and so many other things.

Regarding weather, there wont be so much difference between both cities really. Wish you all the best in your choice.

Let me know if you choose Wolverhampton and have any further question, need ideas or help.

Hello @Fatima, I am coming to University of Wolverhampton next month, please which area are you in? I would really appreciate some advice on accommodation and other vital information. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Okay. Just seen and responded.

hello, sent you a pm, need naira. what is your rate?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
erico2k2:

wrong, its inbuilt into GoogleMaps if u are on the Andriod thing and its o nly barely recent ie less than 2 years go.this was waht put the final nail on the coffin for Tom Toms and stuff like that

My brother what are you even talking about ? ...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2020
Pace6:

Please house a quick question, is it possible to work in the UK after an undergraduate studies? And if you’re to choose between Poland and UK for study which will you prefer?

I would always advice you to go to an English speaking country ..... unless you get plans to learn how to speak polish before you begin school ........
No use your hand go roast yourself I beg you ...
Either you go Australia, Canada, UK, US or stay Nigeria .... that’s my recommendation

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Pace6: 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
I got admission in a Polish University but I don’t feel like going to Poland, I actually want English speaking countries but the only option is the UK because I was told my age will will be a disadvantage for Canada and Australaria.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Pace6: 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
wallg123:

I would always advice you to go to an English speaking country ..... unless you get plans to learn how to speak polish before you begin school ........
No use your hand go roast yourself I beg you ...
Either you go Australia, Canada, UK, US or stay Nigeria .... that’s my recommendation

Thank you! Is is possible to talk to you on the phone or WhatsApp call?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
Pace6:
I got admission in a Polish University but I don’t feel like going to Poland, I actually want English speaking countries but the only option is the UK because I was told my age will will be a disadvantage for Canada and Australaria.

I don’t understand what you mean your age would be a disadvantage in Canada or Australia �.... but if you’ve got the option to study in the UK go for it...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
JJuin03:

Hello @Fatima, I am coming to University of Wolverhampton next month, please which area are you in? I would really appreciate some advice on accommodation and other vital information. Thanks

Congratulations and Welcome to the Wolves city.

For accommodation, right move, open rent and some other websites are your best bet.
You can search for 5miles within the school and you should get decent rates. Transportation is also affordable if you intend to move further away from the school
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
Pace6:

Thank you! Is is possible to talk to you on the phone or WhatsApp call?
Check ur email
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Pace6: 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
wallg123:

Check ur email

I replied your email already.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ab4m: 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
Please room, does anyone know any African shop in Blackburn? If yes, address please.
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
deept:

hello, sent you a pm, need naira. what is your rate?

Not sure I saw it. Kindly resend.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
ab4m:
Please room, does anyone know any African shop in Blackburn? If yes, address please.
Thank you

hi,what I do is pop this question into google. Google will show location pictures buses and routes. no stress.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2020
Whitmore reans is the popular student area in wolves. Very close to the uni, Asda and the wolves stadium. Rent is btw £250-350 monthly for shared accommodation. Any other questions, feel free to ask

JJuin03:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Replied ...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 10:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Sent the message request

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.