Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,808 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1304179 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
deept:

Sent the message request

I keep getting a failure delivery notice when I reply your messages sir/Ma. Unfortunately.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Replied ...

Really? Il check.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ab4m: 6:45am On Sep 22, 2020
missjekyll:

hi,what I do is pop this question into google. Google will show location pictures buses and routes. no stress.

Thanks, have done that found none.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 6:56am On Sep 22, 2020
ab4m:

Thanks, have done that found none.

awww,there is probably none in Blackburn but there may be one near you. Google African shops near me.
I would also actually stop africans in church or on the street and ask where they buy food. I buy everything I need in an Asian shop not even African shop.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2020
Mamatukwas:

I keep getting a failure delivery notice when I reply your messages sir/Ma. Unfortunately.

Hello Ma,

i changed my email. can you reply.

Regards

Deept (Sir)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
wallg123:

My brother what are you even talking about ? ...
Im simply saying speed camera points are not inbuilt into smart phones rather comes with apps ie google map etc, I do nt see how this is hard to comprehend bro!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
Pace6:
Please make me understand, is UK better than Poland or Australia for studying?
better in what sense?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
erico2k2:

Im simply saying speed camera points are not inbuilt into smart phones rather comes with apps ie google map etc, I do nt see how this is hard to comprehend bro!
And who said it comes inbuilt in phones ?.. I’m still trying to get what you driving at bro!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2020
wallg123:

And who said it comes inbuilt I’m phones ?.. I’m still trying to get what you driving at bro!
sad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
wallg123:
grin
I did not see the 2nd line where you mentioned google hence my initial statement, Pls ignore cool

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Cerebrae(m): 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2020
Hi everyone
So I booked for TLS and chose the Courier Delivery option to return my passport, but nowhere was I requested to enter my address?

Is that normal or will I be asked when I go for my appointment?

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:40am On Sep 23, 2020
Please does anyone know a london to Abuja shipper who picks from home...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Busayomiie: 8:41am On Sep 23, 2020
@Justwise and other gurus, I just got to the UK on Sunday, please how long will it take to get my NI? Also how long does it take home office to send my BRP to the school?
Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2020
Busayomiie:
@Justwise and other gurus, I just got to the UK on Sunday, please how long will it take to get my NI? Also how long does it take home office to send my BRP to the school?
Thanks guys.

I don't know what the situation is now but before the pandemic it can take as long as 6months

You should be able to get your BRP within days max..a week, it doesn't take long.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Busayomiie: 9:29am On Sep 23, 2020
Thank you
justwise:

I don't know what the situation is now but before the pandemic it can take as long as 6months

You should be able to get your BRP within days max..a week, it doesn't take long.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 11:42am On Sep 23, 2020
Mustardsandteal:
thank you. Please let me know. COS as in course of study or cousin?

The person got his Health and Care Visa.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sunshine21: 11:59am On Sep 23, 2020
Hello House. Please is anyone here living in Bournemouth? If yes, kindly give me details about the city, cost of living, accommodation and any other helpful information will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
Busayomiie:
Thanks guys.

I would advise waiting to pick up your BRP. It could just be behind it. And you may end up getting called for an appointment that you don't need.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
LagosismyHome:
Please does anyone know a london to Abuja shipper who picks from home...

We do babe. Didn’t see your response oh.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by rs172(m): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
justwise:

Sorry to ask @justwise can someone still work while waiting for the NI ? Or till the person gets NI before one can work?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
fatima04:

I would advise waiting to pick up your BRP. It could just be behind it. And you may end up getting called for an appointment that you don't need.

your ni will be written on the back of your brp.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mustardsandteal: 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
Elderss:

The person got his Health and Care Visa.
Thanks
oh wow, I just opened nairaland now to contact you that how far the visa. Lucky him. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
Mamatukwas:

We do babe. Didn’t see your response oh.

Didnt see your email .. I emailed you on this topic and didnt hear back. Let me try and send again
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
missjekyll:

Is this a new process for student Visa?..... because pre covid your Brp didnt come with NI for students. You had to apply separately as not every student care to work or want an NI
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
Not for students.
missjekyll:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
Yes, you can. Some employers might ask for proof that you've applied for your NI already while some will allow you to start work upon the presentation of your BRP before you can apply for your NI, a temp code will be used on your payslip pending when you get the NI.
Some other employers will not allow you to work without it.
rs172:

Sorry to ask @justwise can someone still work while waiting for the NI ? Or till the person gets NI before one can work?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by rs172(m): 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
mimilyrics:
Yes, you can. Some employers might ask for proof that you've applied for your NI already while some will allow you to start work upon the presentation of your BRP before you can apply for your NI, a temp code will be used on your payslip pending when you get the NI.
Some other employers will not allow you to work without it.

Oooh ok, I understand it now
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Is this a new process for student Visa?..... because pre covid your Brp didnt come with NI for students. You had to apply separately as not every student care to work or want an NI

it does come on some apparently. Read it somewhere it depends on the day they print the BRP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.