Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1305356 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hebraeem:
Hello Great British-Nigerians, grin Am from the Tier 4 Visa thread who just arrived in the UK in october for Msc Data analytics. Please are there any data analyst whether in Finance or IT in the house? I would be grateful if we can connect and answer some few questions I have concerning job applications in this emerging field and settlement in this Queen's country. Thank you and God bless.

I am in IT but not in this particular field hence why I rather not answer since I am no expert

If you dont see someone inside then manage this advice ......lol... it's a generic advice which I use to guide people close to me. UK is very work focus and less of education for a lot of sector however it good to have the MSC to use as stepping stone into the country. Now start to build your resume. Look at the internet to see if you can find people in that industry cv or resume. It would give you an idea of the skills set . If you can find at least 10.do not plagiarized but use it as a guide. It would give you insight into INDUSTRY skills or software u need to learn

Then try to build yourself up toward those skills. If you have such relevant work experience great. If you dont then start learning it and practise them . Use your master year to really build yourself up on what expected in the industry

Then sit and write that Cv......Offcourse it only what you can defend or articulate that put down . Doing a good cv will get you to front of the house, selling yourself well will get u inside the house and most importantly delivering with keep you in the house . So dont play with those 3.

A lot can be self development if you dont have the skills from Nigeria...... That is still sellable (self developed skills it's all how you can articulate it on cv and in an interview) . For IT the regular jobsite such as jobsite, jobserve etc usually is enough. Jobs are posted and you just keep applying. A good Cv will usually get a call back so that Cv has to be on point . I cannot comment on graduate scheme jobs as I have no experience in that line

Another disclaimer this was pre covid ....I dont know what post covid looks like. My industry has completely dried up..... chei, but God dey.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by brine(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Wahala truly be like bicycle....

The cruise here is mad hahaha. I'm just laughing in front of my computer cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ukay2: 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Wahala truly be like bicycle....

grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
Na na day break smh after three days
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
Aprokodaughter:
Na na day break smh after three days

We noticed you since..... so carry on grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2021
LagosismyHome:

We noticed you since..... so carry on grin

If you stain me I stain you back. If you give me cake I give you cake back.

Chikena.

Me no like violence grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by twizzie: 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2021

Good discussion on raising up one's children.. That brought me out of my Nairaland hiatus.. I am personally learning on that and I hope to get there.. I do not want my children to be afraid of me cos I sometimes see that fear in them when I raise my voice.. I have stopped spanking because I can't imagine having a run with SS. The spanking sef na smal small abara on the bum but DH and I have agreed not to do that again.

Understand your child and develop the best ways to raise them.
For me, I am trying to train them in the way of the Lord, praying they stay and not depart from it..

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hebraeem:
Hello Great British-Nigerians, grin Am from the Tier 4 Visa thread who just arrived in the UK in october for Msc Data analytics. Please are there any data analyst whether in Finance or IT in the house? I would be grateful if we can connect and answer some few questions I have concerning job applications in this emerging field and settlement in this Queen's country. Thank you and God bless.

Data analytics is gaining ground rapidly in the IT world. Your remit would be to produce dependable business insights, metrics, bus. intelligence, and easily understandable dashboards to mostly senior management.
Look into learning tools like PowerBI, Tableau and if possible SAP Business Objects.
Some knowledge of SQL will not go amiss. Good luck as you embark on this journey.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2021
phyl123:

This is the reason for part of our debate. grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The guy is UK product or he has formatted himself to Uk. Nigerian based products love debates.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zeecos(f): 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
PtBlank:
Can you please share the code to buy 100m for £3? The one I found on their website is not working
You’d either download the Vodafone app or login to your account on their website. It’s an add-on. It won’t work on pay as you go sims though.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hebraeem: 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2021
Lol...
icon8:

Like someone else just advised, stay away from that bad energy. Some people are just roaming the streets (internet) looking for whom to devour (quarrel/fight/attack/name it)!

The outburst shocked me too, but for the sake of your sanity, just ignore or “jump am pass”.

There are 2 of them like that on this thread. Their switch gets easily triggered grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
I relate with your post
wallg123:
Beating children goes beyond the physical impact ... it destroys them emotionally and psychologically........ a lot of men can’t express themselves emotionally because of the beatings and abuses they received as children ......
Being successful in your career or business doesn’t mean you are normal..... you might be dead emotionally and unknowingly suffering from severe mental health issues ....... I’m also a victim of dead emotions grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hebraeem: 11:12pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hi, I just got back on here. Thank you for the advice. I am a novice myself who switched career path, that's why I have been adamant on connecting with someone, not necessarily an expert. The covid situation was another issue I was very concerned about. I believe your advice will go a long way for me. Thank you again.
LagosismyHome:

I am in IT but not in this particular field hence why I rather not answer since I am no expert

If you dont see someone inside then manage this advice ......lol... it's a generic advice which I use to guide people close to me. UK is very work focus and less of education for a lot of sector however it good to have the MSC to use as stepping stone into the country. Now start to build your resume. Look at the internet to see if you can find people in that industry cv or resume. It would give you an idea of the skills set . If you can find at least 10.do not plagiarized but use it as a guide. It would give you insight into INDUSTRY skills or software u need to learn

Then try to build yourself up toward those skills. If you have such relevant work experience great. If you dont then start learning it and practise them . Use your master year to really build yourself up on what expected in the industry

Then sit and write that Cv......Offcourse it only what you can defend or articulate that put down . Doing a good cv will get you to front of the house, selling yourself well will get u inside the house and most importantly delivering with keep you in the house . So dont play with those 3.

A lot can be self development if you dont have the skills from Nigeria...... That is still sellable (self developed skills it's all how you can articulate it on cv and in an interview) . For IT the regular jobsite such as jobsite, jobserve etc usually is enough. Jobs are posted and you just keep applying. A good Cv will usually get a call back so that Cv has to be on point . I cannot comment on graduate scheme jobs as I have no experience in that line

Another disclaimer this was pre covid ....I dont know what post covid looks like. My industry has completely dried up..... chei, but God dey.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
Divine88:

Discipline is the opposite of punishment.
Discipline is non judgemental, non controlling and does not create fear.

Interesting.

But why does my brain equate discipline to punishment grin I remember my CRK teacher always “disciplined” us with koboko

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hebraeem: 11:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
Thank you for your advice. It is quite insightful. I'm grateful. Please are there any common certifications one should get to stand out in this field? And how much can you say COVID has impacted this emerging field in terms of job availability? Thank you.
wonlasewonimi:

Data analytics is gaining ground rapidly in the IT world. Your remit would be to produce dependable business insights, metrics intelligence, and easily understandable dashboards to mostly senior management.
Look into learning things like PowerBI, Tableau and if possible SAP Business Objects.
Some knowledge of SQL will not go amiss. Good luck as you embark on this journey.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by phyl123: 11:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
See what lockdown has caused.

Where is the thread monitor? grin grin grin Justwise
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Very good advice. It’s literally what I tell my mentees. I tell them to Look at a job spec of their dream job and build themselves to the point that they can tick all of them off.

I’m also happy that you pointed out that UK doesn’t care about degrees.

If I could advise this person, it will be that they should change that course to computing because data is too narrow. Computing gives the opportunity to be anything, provided they certify! The world changes every day, the last thing anyone wants is to be stuck in Data when a new thing comes and replaces Data.

Hebraeem, please post this in the student section, if you’re from there. So students stop limiting themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 12:19am On Jan 19, 2021
Wahala be like bicycle o, something that was just knock out when I looked initially has turned to full blown bazooka and shakabula....

Be like say the broom no wan work today jare...

If we cant enter area in real life, make we enter online grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 12:20am On Jan 19, 2021
Or for the sake of those that have been hustling all day long coming here to relax...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:40am On Jan 19, 2021
I see the broom has done some sweeping.. cheesy. I guess my eyes didnt miss much because really dont want to see it

This thread suppose be like family.... we can all be civil and cordial.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 19, 2021
I laugh in civil and cordial cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.