Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1302266 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
tersughyina:

Ma please I sent you a PM. I need to send stuff from Nigeria to the UK. Please reply thank you

I have replied you. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:33pm On Jan 20, 2021
twizzie:
Hi All

Please I need your input on a question.

My aunt applied with her hubby for visit visa, five years. Their last visa was five years visa too.

On picking up, one came with 5years, hers came with 6 months.

None of them has ever overstayed. The longest she stayed was 4 months and the whole 5 years was used like thrice.

We have contacted the DMC and their response was it is the decision of the visa officer. My question is can we get a refund? 6 months visa is 95pounds, 5 years is 655. If yes, how please?

Checkout if this visa allows for administrative review............
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by giselle237: 6:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
twizzie:
Hi All

Please I need your input on a question.

My aunt applied with her hubby for visit visa, five years. Their last visa was five years visa too.

On picking up, one came with 5years, hers came with 6 months.

None of them has ever overstayed. The longest she stayed was 4 months and the whole 5 years was used like thrice.

We have contacted the DMC and their response was it is the decision of the visa officer. My question is can we get a refund? 6 months visa is 95pounds, 5 years is 655. If yes, how please?
Send a complaints email. Someone did on the visitor thread last year, they apologised and called the person back and stamped what he had initially paid for

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by akanniade10(m): 7:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
LagosismyHome:

I saw you tagged me in another post with the same content. . ... I am always cautious about giving advice on field that are not my direct line of hussle because info I have might be generic or hearsay so please do your own finding

This nursing education means you be on tier 4 dependent and be studying?... if yes, There are currently no restrictions on dependants studying in the UK so that ok. However nursing can be intensive and have placements so you might have to pick a struggle . Money or schooling. If you want to school then it might be hard to work in the care job for let's say full time or 40 hours. If you are financially ok then you both can face the school with minimum need to work

On the issue of bsc or msc. I been told in UK no much difference. Both will get you to the end of entering the door in nursing. However I saw a comment that if you decide to go back to Nigeria then Nigeria might not accept that 2 years msc nursing . Apart from going to naija for uk. I would choose MSC over BSC

My problem with nursing is their pay structure for all the effort involved. I dont think it pays well although there is stability.

I would say maybe you come first as a dependent , stay one or two years, study the uk system and then make decisions based on your first hand experience in UK regarding what best.... when you come as you check for care job , also check other areas in admin or support so you dont limit yourself. You might just get a good breakthrough into an area not even thought about and grow from there

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by twizzie: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2021
Thanks everyone. Sent the complaints form, hope to update when we hear from them..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ralphlauren(m): 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 12:14am On Jan 21, 2021
Does anyone here have experience with shipping or receiving frozen food from the EU please? I need advice. I have plenty Suya stuck in the Netherlands that I need to deport to my house.

Not sure the best way. If you have any good ideas please share. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Samoludayo: 12:37am On Jan 21, 2021
My good people please I need an urgent answers to the question below. Note: I have asked this question on the students
Thread b4 but some1 replies was pointing to the fact I haven't gotten Visa yet. I have to keep quiet as I kuku no get travel experience. Now the my ViSA is approved I still dont have answers to the questions.

QUESTIONS:
1. If 2 adults are traveling together does it mean that the maximum amount they can both hold as cash is £10,000 or each person can hold up to maximum of £10,000?

2. If I have fund in my naija account how do I have access to it in the UK since maximum foreign withdraw is $100 per months, and that wont be enough for monthly up keep.

Please quick response will be appreciated
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 12:39am On Jan 21, 2021
Mamatukwas:
Does anyone here have experience with shipping or receiving frozen food from the EU please? I need advice. I have plenty Suya stuck in the Netherlands that I need to deport to my house.

Not sure the best way. If you have any good ideas please share. Thank you.

I’ll suggest you ask them to send it through DHL since it’s in the Netherlands. Next day delivery. Making sure it’s (well frozen ). You might have to pay some extra charges as per Post brexit tariffs....
Alternatively let them take a picture of the suya and send you via WhatsApp so at least u came smile at the picture and drink wine cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 12:42am On Jan 21, 2021
wallg123:

I’ll suggest you ask them to send it through DHL since it’s in the Netherlands. Next day delivery. Making sure it’s (well frozen ). You might have to pay some extra charges as per Post brexit tariffs....
Alternatively let them take a picture of the suya and send you via WhatsApp so at least u came smile at the picture and drink wine cheesy

If you see the way i shouted tufiakwa at the end part of your response eh grin Picture ke? Never!! Thank you so much jare, il screenshot this your reply and send to them.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 12:47am On Jan 21, 2021
Samoludayo:
My good people please I need an urgent answers to the question below. Note: I have asked this question on the students
Thread b4 but some1 replies was pointing to the fact I haven't gotten Visa yet. I have to keep quiet as I kuku no get travel experience. Now the my ViSA is approved I still dont have answers to the questions.

QUESTIONS:
1. If 2 adults are traveling together does it mean that the maximum amount they can both hold as cash is £10,000 or each person can hold up to maximum of £10,000?

2. If I have fund in my naija account how do I have access to it in the UK since maximum foreign withdraw is $100 per months, and that wont be enough for monthly up keep.

You people are two individuals travelling together so each of you can posses £10k each. However you’ll need to declare this at the POE if asked. Also you’ll need to carry proof of source of the money (to avoid the money getting seized unti money laundering)...
As for the money you have in ur Naija account u can always trade it with people on here that want to send Naira for £...

Only use trusted persons

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 12:52am On Jan 21, 2021
Mamatukwas:

If you see the way i shouted tufiakwa at the end part of your response eh grin Picture ke? Never!! Thank you so much jare, il screenshot this your reply and send to them.

Me I’ve got saved pictures of all the nice soups on Instagram. Whenever I reach Nigeria I’ll make sure I eat all of these soups one after the other . But for now I dey watch the pictures and drink juice grin

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Poch: 12:55am On Jan 21, 2021
cheesy grin

Aphrodite007:

Is as if you want them to cut your head grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 12:59am On Jan 21, 2021
LagosismyHome:

I saw you tagged me in another post with the same content. . ... I am always cautious about giving advice on field that are not my direct line of hussle because info I have might be generic or hearsay so please do your own finding

This nursing education means you be on tier 4 dependent and be studying?... if yes, There are currently no restrictions on dependants studying in the UK so that ok. However nursing can be intensive and have placements so you might have to pick a struggle . Money or schooling. If you want to school then it might be hard to work in the care job for let's say full time or 40 hours. If you are financially ok then you both can face the school with minimum need to work

On the issue of bsc or msc. I been told in UK no much difference. Both will get you to the end of entering the door in nursing. However I saw a comment that if you decide to go back to Nigeria then Nigeria might not accept that 2 years msc nursing . Apart from going to naija for uk. I would choose MSC over BSC

My problem with nursing is their pay structure for all the effort involved. I dont think it pays well although there is stability.

I would say maybe you come first as a dependent , stay one or two years, study the uk system and then make decisions based on your first hand experience in UK regarding what best.... when you come as you check for care job , also check other areas in admin or support so you dont limit yourself. You might just get a good breakthrough into an area not even thought about and grow from there

Your comment did help to reveal some things unknown to me about nursing.
Just as you said, I heard that nursing doesn't pay that much in the UK when compared to the effort but that they have the advantage of being able to make more money by working extra shifts and there is always a close by vacancy for a nurse anytime.

How would you compare teaching ( secondary or primary schools) in the UK? I have someone with B.Ed management (Nig) that is lost between the option of pursuing teaching or going for nursing programme in the UK. Will be coming soon on tier 2 visa.
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 1:25am On Jan 21, 2021
Samoludayo:

QUESTIONS:

1. Under the old rules, the limit was per family or individual, so if your two adults are married to one another they'll need to declare any cash over that limit of 10,000 euro equivalent.
https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk

2. If your monthly expenses will exceed the limits on your naira cards, then you only solution is to buy sterling and fund a domiciliary account. However, not all banks have the same limits, Zenith is the equivalent of $200, and Standard Chartered is $500 for online transactions.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 1:54am On Jan 21, 2021
famzynet:

Your comment did help to reveal some things unknown to me about nursing.
Just as you said, I heard that nursing doesn't pay that much in the UK when compared to the effort but that they have the advantage of being able to make more money by working extra shifts and there is always a close by vacancy for a nurse anytime.

How would you compare teaching ( secondary or primary schools) in the UK? I have someone with B.Ed management (Nig) that is lost between the option of pursuing teaching or going for nursing programme in the UK. Will be coming soon on tier 2 visa.
Thanks.

The problem will asking me is that I am no expert in this field.... as they say follow who know road or else you fall into pit grin

That been said teaching and nursing are two profession that I think you go in not for money but for the love of it . They are both ok paid but underpaid in my opinion for the effort that is required so what makes up for it is the love and satisfaction that comes from been in that field if you enjoy it

Which works out better is a personal choice. A cousin of mine left the teaching profession here in uk because she felt she was overworked as she always had to take work home, she now in the nursing profession. .... and told me she loves that as she closes that is it. She doesnt take work home...I was surprised because I expected teaching to have more work life balance than nursing because teachers are off during holiday but she prefers nursing. I am sure there are others who did vice versa leave nursing to teaching or other profession

So my advice is. it's a personal choice and best to go with what you would love ..... every profession has its + and - .

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 2:03am On Jan 21, 2021
wallg123:

Me I’ve got saved pictures of all the nice soups on Instagram. Whenever I reach Nigeria I’ll make sure I eat all of these soups one after the other . But for now I dey watch the pictures and drink juice grin

Awwww cheesy I feel like I should say pele ; Don’t worry salvation is coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
FYI for those coming to the UK this month and who need to get sorted on affordable PAYG plans.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gracegal: 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2021
Gracegal:
Hello, I have been a silent reader but recently joined to ask this question. Please help out in answering...
I got married Feb 2013, applied for a UK visa in March 2013 but while filling my application I ticked single. I was new in marriage and I didn't know it mattered as I had not changed my surname to my husband's own. However, I am about to apply for a study visa now with my husband and children. What excuse do you think I can give as to why I did not indicate I was married in my prior application. That has been my only application to UK so far and I was rejected, I have never gone back to apply for a visa up till now.
Expecting your responses, thank you.

If you’ve got the letter of refusal that was given to you in 2013... Read it again and tell us exactly what we’re the reasons for rejecting your application. Was it just the mistake of you not declaring your true marital status or a combination of other reasons? ..
Alternatively take a screenshot that”refusal section of your letter and post it here so we can advice you appropriately...
Make we no come give you half and half advice based on limited information you’ve supplied which might put you for another trouble ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gracegal: 7:01pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gracegal: 7:18pm On Jan 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
[quote author=Gracegal post=98299854][/quote]
From this letter it is clear you did not submit sufficient proof of your financial capabilities.(I.e not enough money to see you through out your visit).
Your case worker thinks you disguising your true intentions for applying for a visitors visa. They scared you might not return if granted visitors visa..
However you’ve stated that you now intend applying via the study route which is very straightforward.

I don’t think it will affect your student visa application if you fill it honestly.
In you application be honest and declare all visa refusals you’ve got .Also address those issues raised before (finances).
Submit sufficient proof of educational qualifications including your UK admission letters.

Other experience people would advice you more when the come online ....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by FraudMan: 8:01pm On Jan 21, 2021
wallg123:

From this letter it is clear you did not submit sufficient proof of your financial capabilities.(I.e not enough money to see you through out your visit).
Your case worker thinks you disguising your true intentions for applying for a visitors visa. They scared you might not return if granted visitors visa..
However you’ve stated that you now intend applying via the study route which is very straightforward.

I don’t think it will affect your student visa application if you fill it honestly.
In you application be honest and declare all visa refusals you’ve got .Also address those issues raised before (finances).
Submit sufficient proof of educational qualifications including your UK admission letters.

Clearly you didn’t understand the initial post cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
FraudMan:

Clearly you didn’t understand the initial post cheesy
Ok and you do ? grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2021
As you said, it's very straightforward but there's no need to address previous refusal as she's not applying for visiting.

wallg123:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by FraudMan: 8:06pm On Jan 21, 2021
wallg123:

Ok and you do ? grin

There is a case of misinterpretation that can affect her next application.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gracegal: 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
Gracegal:
Hello, I have been a silent reader but recently joined to ask this question. Please help out in answering...
I got married Feb 2013, applied for a UK visa in March 2013 but while filling my application I ticked single. I was new in marriage and I didn't know it mattered as I had not changed my surname to my husband's own. However, I am about to apply for a study visa now with my husband and children. What excuse do you think I can give as to why I did not indicate I was married in my prior application. That has been my only application to UK so far and I was rejected, I have never gone back to apply for a visa up till now.
Expecting your responses, thank you.

You have to thread carefully..... if the new student visa case officer doesnt spot the discrepancy in martial status then you might have a smooth sailing ...... if the case worker does then problem lies ahead

How it would go, nobody can predict. It just depends on how detailed the case officer is . It also important to tell the truth always because u dont know when it then comes back to bite someone , in the first case that was a lie for absolutely no reason and I see that a lot on this thread on visa application. So many just lie when there absolutely no need . All the best as I hope it doesnt get noticed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gracegal: 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.