Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,041 members, 7,956,871 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:10 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1376351 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2021
Gracegal:
I was actually planning to state the discrepancy myself in a LOE while applying. Just brought it here incase it has happened to anyone before.
Thank you for the advice �

Hummmm ..... dont know if that is a good approach. What excuse would u say ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
Bourne007:
As you said, it's very straightforward but there's no need to address previous refusal as she's not applying for visiting.

Ok thanks for pointing this out. However on her student visa applications they’ll ask her if she’s ever been refused entry into the UK?.. what do you suggest she says ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by FraudMan: 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
wallg123:

Ok since you can’t advice her further, can you please point out where I erred in my advice so I’ll learn ?

Stop stressing the fact that I can’t advice her. I have read that in your last mentions.

Like i typed earlier, she has gotten a proper advice.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gracegal: 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
Gracegal:
Not quite sure yet...
I just assumed it will be better to come clean from the onset from what I have been reading from nairlanders.

Ok... have a think. Please dont rush and be very sure of everything before you make a decision..... perhaps it an honest mistake that anyone could have done and doesnt need highlighting..... possible others have made that honest mistake. It a different case if you lied that you were married and submitted a fake document to support it . You didnt thankfully

I don't know what the best approach but have a good think before you submit
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:53pm On Jan 21, 2021
[quote author=Gracegal post=98299854][/quote]

Who else noticed that in 2013, 250,000 naira was £936??

@Omopapa, what’s the rate today again??

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:59pm On Jan 21, 2021
Gracegal:
Not quite sure yet...
I just assumed it will be better to come clean from the onset from what I have been reading from nairlanders.

Q. Have you even been denied visa to UK?
YES

Q. Reason for Refusal
Inadequate funds

Marital status: Married

The application form does not even ask you to write your marriage (wedding) date anyway.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t bother writing any explanatory notes.
People marry. People divorce. People separate. People do till-sidechick-do-us-part.

ECO probably has more bigger fish to fry than to be forensically examining your previous application form.

You are not refused for fraud or something sinister.
Go for it girl!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Samoludayo: 12:10am On Jan 22, 2021
Thanks God bless
TheGuyFromHR:

1. Under the old rules, the limit was per family or individual, so if your two adults are married to one another they'll need to declare any cash over that limit of 10,000 euro equivalent.
https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk

2. If your monthly expenses will exceed the limits on your naira cards, then you only solution is to buy sterling and fund a domiciliary account. However, not all banks have the same limits, Zenith is the equivalent of $200, and Standard Chartered is $500 for online transactions.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:13am On Jan 22, 2021
wallg123:

I’ll suggest you ask them to send it through DHL since it’s in the Netherlands. Next day delivery. Making sure it’s (well frozen ). You might have to pay some extra charges as per Post brexit tariffs....
Alternatively let them take a picture of the suya and send you via WhatsApp so at least u came smile at the picture and drink wine cheesy

Hahahahahahahaha grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by iCode2: 10:07am On Jan 22, 2021
Can I use my naira master card to pay for accommodation? If yes, is the rate fair?

I'm going to pay about £350 or just £90
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adaaam: 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
Greetings all,

Please could someone please help me with this question, I would so much appreciate feedbacks.

My annual leave is scheduled for the month of March and I'd like to apply to the US Embassy here in the UK cos I'm on a work permit visa here in UK.

When I navigated to their website I figured UK citizens don't apply for Us non immigrant visa becos they are exempt through the visa waiver program so I didn't see UK in the list of countries during my DS 160 application portal.

Can someone work me through this please? How can I apply if the country I'm currently based is not in the list, I could only find Northern Ireland. Please your input would be appreciated.

Taa.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
648 shocked
RalphJean:

Who else noticed that in 2013, 250,000 naira was £936??

@Omopapa, what’s the rate today again??

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ardamz: 1:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
the country is actually England, London on the list o not UK
Adaaam:
Greetings all,

Please could someone please help me with this question, I would so much appreciate feedbacks.

My annual leave is scheduled for the month of March and I'd like to apply to the US Embassy here in the UK cos I'm on a work permit visa here in UK.

When I navigated to their website I figured UK citizens don't apply for Us non immigrant visa becos they are exempt through the visa waiver program so I didn't see UK in the list of countries during my DS 160 application portal.

Can someone work me through this please? How can I apply if the country I'm currently based is not in the list, I could only find Northern Ireland. Please your input would be appreciated.

Taa.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
Now wey una don dey earn £'s una belle and yansh don dey expand....... Avoid temptations.......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
omopapa:
648 shocked

But who really changing 648 ..... most transfers are not, even moneyfex and co are nowhere near 648.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
That’s the black market rate to buy pounds, to sell pounds is 638 with commission

LagosismyHome:

But who really changing 648 ..... most transfers are not, even moneyfex and co are nowhere near 648.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Now wey una don dey earn £'s una belle and yansh don dey expand....... Avoid temptations.......... grin

If we refuse to spend the money, you call us Ijebu.
If we carry the ££ go reduce belle, expand bumbum and Bobby, you say this one.
Wee-Kannot-kee-awasefs.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

This our high in carbohydrates food self na cause am. It will not allow us slay slim stomach in peace angry

Very painful as it's an avoidable death. ....but she get mind sha. How wont you tell your hubby about such a trip
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9172649/Mother-died-liposuction-surgery-Turkey.html

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
RalphJean:

If we refuse to spend the money, you call us Ijebu.
If we carry the ££ go reduce belle, expand bumbum and Bobby, you say this one.
Wee-Kannot-kee-awasefs.

You cannot come and kii me......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
LagosismyHome:

When you do the reverse, it's another kettle of hot water...... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2021
LagosismyHome:

This our high in carbohydrates food self na cause am. It will not allow us slay slim stomach in peace angry

Very painful as it's an avoidable death. ....but she get mind sha. How wont you tell your hubby about such a trip
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9172649/Mother-died-liposuction-surgery-Turkey.html

I bet if she was successful, she would have become another motivational speaker, so called influencer or lifestyle guru..........

Her sheep, would simply be chasing shadows........ wink

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
Olalekank:

“Miss Aphrodite” isn’t saying data analytics would phase out. She is saying “Do not limit yourself to one thing and getting stuck in one box”. A lot of people who were FORTRAN/COBOL programmers many years ago would practically be useless in today’s world.

Data, AI, etc are the “hot” things now. What are the chances it’d still be hot in a few years from now? Something else could be the next big thing, space travel?

In summary, don’t limit yourself!

Oga lekan Eshe o. He said valid things but misunderstood me.

Last last, this place is for us to air our differing opinion, so that people can pick and choose what they will listen to.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I bet if she was successful, she would have become another motivational speaker, so called influencer or lifestyle guru..........

That lifestyle guru got me grin but please let’s not mock the dead. I’m happy the news is out there so people are more cautious.. it sha won’t stop me from doing my height surgery wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
Aphrodite007:

That lifestyle guru got me grin but please let’s not mock the dead. I’m happy the news is out there so people are more cautious.. it sha won’t stop me from doing my height surgery wink

You want to reduce your height......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hebraeem: 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Haaaa no wonder I talk am!

You see so bros Lexus. You sef see am
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 4:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

So many of these lifestyle vloggers on YouTube now. They talk about it like it's nothing, even offering discounts to their followers. Thanks to the lockdown I've been consuming a large dose of these content.

So sad all the little kids without a mummy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.