Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1309459 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2021
Raisin:
Hello All.
Please I need naira for pounds. I am trying to send a DM to omopapa and lexus but I'm a getting a message that I have to hold on as I have sent many anonymous mails (don't know why though)
Please DM me if you have naira and you need pounds.
Thanks

Cough cough........ grin Send me a WA message next time..... tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:49pm On Apr 08, 2021
Hebraeem:
Hello Guys, please can someone confirm if a postgraduate student can work full time during this easter break? I have also asked the int. office at my school, no answer yet. I have perused the T4 Visa rules and regulations and I think one can do so outside the term time which is from 29th March to 16th April 2021.

I would still like to get your input to put all doubts to rest. Thank you.

Yes.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2021
Kennyinusa:
hi @here
I have an interesting problem and I need some help in figuring out the best thing to do.

I am a Nigerian with a Nigerian passport that expires on 14th of April
I have a return flight back to the UK on the 13th of April
I have a BRP that doesn't expire for another 3 years.

I have already applied for a new passport at the Ikoyi office about 3 weeks ago and they are saying the issue is with printing the passport.
I have called my airline and they said that they will allow me to board since my passport is still active.

Do you think it is safe for me to try to get on that flight?

Yes.

Best advice is to do that passport first because we no longer have embassy in the UK.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Its more expensive than passport and it one time use instead of passport that can be used multiple times and 5 years...
well Im sure its cheaper than ur flight tkt
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2021
sad i just dey hope that there is hope somehow..

so no hope? kaiiii

erico2k2:

ain't the ETC issued by the Embassey?if they are closed how would this be possible?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2021
So much to catch up that I give up... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:04pm On Apr 08, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Cough cough........ grin Send me a WA message next time..... tongue

You like trouble. grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2021
marylandcakes:

You like trouble. grin grin grin grin

Haba Madam, I said next time nah......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 9:04pm On Apr 08, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Haba Madam, I said next time nah......... grin

grin grin grin You are forgiven.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by babajeje123(m): 9:42pm On Apr 08, 2021
Please I need a job around Sunderland and Newcastle. Recommendations will be highly appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2021
My people
International passport de expire by sept this year

Any hope say London go ansa me before then?

Who has applied in the UK?
I would appreciate a link so that don't use a "scam" one
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:53pm On Apr 08, 2021
LagosismyHome:
So much to catch up that I give up... cheesy

I’m telling you! You mistakenly disappear and return to pages grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:56pm On Apr 08, 2021
babajeje123:
Please I need a job around Sunderland and Newcastle. Recommendations will be highly appreciated.

What job do you want? MD? Manager? Head of Department? Don’t worry, when I open my company in Sunderland or Newcastle I’ll employ you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:57pm On Apr 08, 2021
Vooom:
My people

London hasn’t answered people from July.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by babajeje123(m): 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2021
Aphrodite007:

What job do you want? MD? Manager? Head of Department? Don’t worry, when I open my company in Sunderland or Newcastle I’ll employ you.
I don't do silly jokes please.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2021
kaylov12:

Hello, I stumbled on your post and thought to give a sincere advice as a current PGCE student in UK. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO STUDY PGCE SECONDARY ENGLISH, IT IS HARD TO GET A JOB.
I have colleagues in Secondary English really scouting for jobs. Like you said that department is saturated. You may look at PGCE primary instead, if you want settlement.
PS. I study secondary mathematics and already got a job for September.

Thanks for this info. Please how long is the PGCE primary programme and like how much in pounds could it cost? I have a sister with about 15yrs experience teaching secondary English in Nigeria and looking for right pathway to come over to the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:41am On Apr 09, 2021
babajeje123:

Bàbàjeje...... Jeje láyé........

We fully understand the possibly pressures, but we infuse a bit of humour and sarcasms, in responses.......

UK is stressful enough, let's communicate and have fun (that's the essence of this thread)..... We hope when you eventually get a job, you would join in our fun........

1,2,3 steps to getting a job.....

1 - Agencies (online and offline)
2 - Word of mouth
3 - Door knocking

Keypoints to note - Retraining might be involved, CV updating (don't add too much curry, in a Maggi diet).... cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 7:29am On Apr 09, 2021
babajeje123:

Previous poster said it all.
Ask around, talk to your coursemates (if you're in school), friends, etc., find out what they are doing and how they got those. Good old word of mouth.
Walk into supermarkets and stores around you and ask if they've any vacancies available.
Read up and down this thread, people have made some helpful suggestions from their experiences especially in this Covid-era.
And do try not to say that the thread is long and you haven't the time..... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:44am On Apr 09, 2021
babajeje123:

Find people who are working in that area and get the contact for local job agencies... these local agencies have all the current shift and availability and see how u can be registered with the agency. I find that quicker than online job application for minimum wage jobs

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by adebayoz001: 8:36am On Apr 09, 2021
Mine expired last year, the good thing is they're back in business from next week.

Vooom:
My people

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 9:12am On Apr 09, 2021
Thanks.
Guess you have applied?

Got a secure link for that?
adebayoz001:
Mine expired last year, the good thing is they're back in business from next week.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 9:14am On Apr 09, 2021
Wahala ooo
Aphrodite007:

London hasn’t answered people from July.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:31am On Apr 09, 2021
A movie to make you belly explode with laughter......... tongue

The war with Grandpa........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by adebayoz001: 9:40am On Apr 09, 2021
Yes, just applied now.
The link: http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/fees-processing-online

adebayoz001:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 10:20am On Apr 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:
A movie to make you belly explode with laughter......... tongue

The war with Grandpa........

Just as I was about to delete the movie from my phone shocked
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 10:21am On Apr 09, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Find people who are working in that area and get the contact for local job agencies... these local agencies have all the current shift and availability and see how u can be registered with the agency. I find that quicker than online job application for minimum wage jobs

Bro,

Quick question

Is it possible to get a contract job while studying for MSc? Maybe 3 months with good pay, say 350 per day from these agencies

IT field

Apart from that, I do see 350 - 450pounds per day jobs a lot in IT, are these jobs for real or na whinning cos their requirements seem pretty normal to me, nothing extraordinary

Are 350 - 450pounds jobs decent enough or na tax go later kee person?

Lexusgs430

Oya help too if you have an idea
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:23am On Apr 09, 2021
hustla:

Just as I was about to delete the movie from my phone shocked

How many times did you jump........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 10:24am On Apr 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:

How many times did you jump........... cheesy

Not yet

ill watch it instead of deleting.. the title just be like say e go boring
grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:30am On Apr 09, 2021
hustla:

Not yet

grin

Be prepared for fun, filled with laughter ....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2021
hustla:

Bro,

Quick question

I[b]s it possible to get a contract job while studying for MSc?[/b] Maybe 3 months with good pay, say 350 per day from these agencies

IT field

Apart from that, I do see 350 - 450pounds per day jobs a lot in IT, are these jobs for real or na whinning cos their requirements seem pretty normal to me, nothing extraordinary

Are 350 - 450pounds jobs decent enough or na tax go later kee person?

Lexusgs430

Oya help too if you have an idea

As a foreigner student? Not possible
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 10:37am On Apr 09, 2021
justwise:

As a foreigner student? Not possible

Which part?

I asked about while studying and after study is done
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:39am On Apr 09, 2021
hustla:

Not yet

grin

I expect a Part 11.........

Grandpa choose a bird, over a fish........... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.