Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1309786 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 10:46am On Apr 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I expect a Part 11.........

Grandpa choose a bird, over a fish........... cheesy

cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 11:01am On Apr 09, 2021
hustla:

Which part?

I asked about while studying and after study is done

That part
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2021
justwise:

That part

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2021
babajeje123:

I don't do silly jokes please.

Well you certainly do if you can enter your browser to find Nairaland to ask for jobs, but cannot use that same browser to google and find the job at your preferred location.

Let’s all be mad together.

14 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by KOVIC19COVID20: 11:52am On Apr 09, 2021
babajeje123:
Please I need a job around Sunderland and Newcastle. Recommendations will be highly appreciated.

What qualifications do you have?
What kind of work do you want?
What kind of visa do you have?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by KOVIC19COVID20: 11:56am On Apr 09, 2021
hustla:

Bro,

Quick question

Is it possible to get a contract job while studying for MSc? Maybe 3 months with good pay, say 350 per day from these agencies

IT field

Apart from that, I do see 350 - 450pounds per day jobs a lot in IT, are these jobs for real or na whinning cos their requirements seem pretty normal to me, nothing extraordinary

Are 350 - 450pounds jobs decent enough or na tax go later kee person?

Lexusgs430

Oya help too if you have an idea

While studying for MSc, you will LEGALLY possibly not be able to get such contract jobs, unless if the companies will engage you for a maximum of 20 hours per week.

£350-£450 are basic entry IT jobs they are for real, real. But they are about what you can ACTUALLY DO, not what that piece of paper with two logos at the top and the VC’s signature Sa’id you have learned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2021
KOVIC19COVID20:

While studying for MSc, you will LEGALLY possibly not be able to get such contract jobs, unless if the companies will engage you for a maximum of 20 hours per week.

£350-£450 are basic entry IT jobs they are for real, real. But they are about what you can ACTUALLY DO, not what that piece of paper with two logos at the top and the VC’s signature Sa’id you have learned.

Sounds pretty good assuming tax won't finish local man

I sure didn't learn Azure Active Directory in school grin

Are you in IT btw?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2021
hustla:

Bro,

Quick question

Is it possible to get a contract job while studying for MSc? Maybe 3 months with good pay, say 350 per day from these agencies

IT field

Apart from that, I do see 350 - 450pounds per day jobs a lot in IT, are these jobs for real or na whinning cos their requirements seem pretty normal to me, nothing extraordinary

Are 350 - 450pounds jobs decent enough or na tax go later kee person?

Lexusgs430

Oya help too if you have an idea

I am female undecided .....

The tier 4 visa doesn't allow you work full time so I don't think you can do this while schooling. Towards the end of the school yes but not while actively schooling

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 1:03pm On Apr 09, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Well you certainly do if you can enter your browser to find Nairaland to ask for jobs, but cannot use that same browser to google and find the job at your preferred location.

Let’s all be mad together.

Sister ... you know these are covid times so nobody is smiling . It very frustrating when you keep applying online and not hear anything back so you have to reach out for tips

My family members who came recently kept applying like government work , every minute but never heard back until someone gave them a local agency number. They registered with that agency and within a week started working.... yet online application was over 2 months and no progress

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
LagosismyHome:

I am female undecided .....

The tier 4 visa doesn't allow you work full time so I don't think you can do this while schooling. Towards the end of the school yes but not while actively schooling

shocked

Didnt know o, Sorry

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 1:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
KOVIC19COVID20:

You don't mean it? 350 * mamatukwa and omopapas rate ...my own don better
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

You don't mean it? 350 * mamatukwa and omopapas rate ...my own don better

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hebraeem: 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
Yes, Ralph the dates are outside the term dates. Thank you.
RalphJean:

1. Go to your school website ( probably on your student portal)

2. Check the ‘term dates’ as per your school calendar.

3. If the dates you want to work > 20 h/week are outside of your official school term dates, then you are good to go.

I hope this helps. Any more questions? Ask.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hebraeem: 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2021
Ok, Thank you.
Aphrodite007:

Yes.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
Thanks so much
adebayoz001:
Yes, just applied now.
The link: http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/fees-processing-online

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2021
Im sorted

adebayoz001:
Yes, just applied now.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
adebayoz001:
Yes, just applied now.

Hummm backlog of 18,000 and Dec 2019 ..(so even before covid, na wa na wa)..... that means it will take them almost 5 years lipsrsealed to catch up because normally they are very slow and never in a hurry

18k, na so we many for UK ... truly nobody won stay naija again

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Hummm backlog of 18,000 and Dec 2019 ..(so even before covid, na wa na wa)..... that means it will take them almost 5 years lipsrsealed to catch up because normally they are very slow and never in a hurry

Truly, these people are grossly incompetent.
Backlog of 18k passports? What were they doing during lockdown then?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Sleeping
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

When you get a slowpoke as head of state, what do you expect ?...oh Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Geness: 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2021
Hello Omopapa and all the gurus in the house

I recently moved to the UK on a tier 2 dependant visa. Was initially looking into nursing but finance, kids and the fact that we live up north far from any school is making me reconsider. I have a Bsc and Msc in Biochemistry and now I'm looking into building on this. (I hope it's not a bad idea, if it is please let me know)

Tbh all I have is the certificates, I'm not coming with solid experience but I'm willing to start from the scratch... volunteering and all.

So from what I've gathered here I'm to get UK NARIC, module descriptors, transcripts and my degree certificates to IBMS, then top up modules and follow up with HCPC

Do I send the transcripts to UK NARIC myself or does my school send it to them like WES?
I read here that I could do the UK NARIC and IBMS simultaneously, how do I do that if I need to present UK NARIC to IBMS?
Is it easy to get a volunteer job afterwards?
Is there any hack to getting it?

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2021
LagosismyHome:

How much is the ETC again? No option than to renew in Nigeria instead.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 6:02pm On Apr 10, 2021
hi hi beautiful people,

Is it ok for one's name to be in 2 tenancy agreements as Tenant & Tenant/Permitted occupier?

E.g. living with family outside London where one pays rent, & renting a place in London so one can get to work in time...

This means same name as tenant in the tenancy agreement outside London & same name as Tenant/permitted occupier in the tenancy agreement in London..

Is it ok? as long as rents are paid and council taxes are paid in both apartments?

In another scenario, if both apartments are within the same council, do i still need to contact council to let them know?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2021
profemebee:
hi hi beautiful people,

Is it ok for one's name to be in 2 tenancy agreements as Tenant & Tenant/Permitted occupier?

E.g. living with family outside London where one pays rent, & renting a place in London so one can get to work in time...

This means same name as tenant in the tenancy agreement outside London & same name as Tenant/permitted occupier in the tenancy agreement in London..

Is it ok? as long as rents are paid and council taxes are paid in both apartments?

In another scenario, if both apartments are within the same council, do i still need to contact council to let them know?

You can have you name on as many tenancy agreements, as the printer can print........

You don't need to inform the council, unless you are also paying council tax, at both residents......

Why not just do Air BnB.......... It might work out cheaper..... cheesy

Life is not complicated, let's not over - complicate it...... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2021
thanks for the response...

i have a tricky scenario....

scenario: A & B are married; A & C are siblings;

A & C are on tenancy agreement as joint tenants in house 1, while B is permitted occupier for same house 1;

A & B wants to move to house 2 within same council where A will be permitted occupier and B a tenant on the same tenancy agreement for house 2, while C will continue to be in house 1;

Does A have to let council know even if both houses 1 & 2 are in same council? Does A have to let landlord for house 1 know considering the bills and rents for house 1 are still paid with no payments missed?

Lexusgs430:

You can have you name on as many tenancy agreements, as the printer can print........

You don't need to inform the council, unless you are also paying council tax, at both residents......

Why not just do Air BnB.......... It might work out cheaper..... cheesy

Life is not complicated, let's not over - complicate it...... tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Igengo: 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
Hello Geness,

It appears that u have done some background readings and have knowledge about this, which is good. I also like that you are open to volunteering to gain experience.

To the questions, yes if u have the transcript it will be needed for UK NARIC assessment and u will have to send it to them ursef. Also, IBMS will need to see all ur degree certificates to determine which topup modules u need to take.

Additionally, since u are already in the UK and have a dependant visa, I’d advise u do histological training which can then help u get locum jobs while u are waiting ur IBMS assessment. Although, the training is a bit expensive about £2k for 4 weeks or so but it’s worth it.

Volunteering is as competitive as getting actual job within the NHS. The good news is, you can grab the bull by the horn by walking in to a nearby NHS lab facility to ask see the manager or training officer to declare ur interest.

Geness:
Hello Omopapa and all the gurus in the house

I recently moved to the UK on a tier 2 dependant visa. Was initially looking into nursing but finance, kids and the fact that we live up north far from any school is making me reconsider. I have a Bsc and Msc in Biochemistry and now I'm looking into building on this. (I hope it's not a bad idea, if it is please let me know)

Tbh all I have is the certificates, I'm not coming with solid experience but I'm willing to start from the scratch... volunteering and all.

So from what I've gathered here I'm to get UK NARIC, module descriptors, transcripts and my degree certificates to IBMS, then top up modules and follow up with HCPC

Do I send the transcripts to UK NARIC myself or does my school send it to them like WES?
I read here that I could do the UK NARIC and IBMS simultaneously, how do I do that if I need to present UK NARIC to IBMS?
Is it easy to get a volunteer job afterwards?
Is there any hack to getting it?

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by adebayoz001: 9:52am On Apr 11, 2021
5 year kee
Na die I dey be that
I was thinking by June, it should reach my turn but I believe by July sha, they should be done.
LagosismyHome:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kennyinusa(m): 10:41am On Apr 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Yes.

Best advice is to do that passport first because we no longer have embassy in the UK.

Yes, I know. I have already applied for it at the Ikoyi office. I had my capturing over 3 weeks ago.
But I keep getting all these stories about passport availability.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by morinto: 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2021
Pls can any one tell me which university in the uk offer the cheapest pre,master with short duration of learning. I graduated with third class which is,not up to uk requirement,for master

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.