Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,562 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1311624 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olenime(m): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2021
Pls guys i need an app for my clients to book an appointment with me.

Does anyone know any pls?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by trishvik1: 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
Goodevening all, please can someone explain the difference between 5years route and 10years route for FLR parent of a British child visa , also a British child or EU child is it a 5years route or a 10years route, Please kindly help explain my cousin needs this clarity as I was asked but am clueless.
thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:37pm On Apr 11, 2021
olenime:

Why not speak to an app developer, to have a bespoke service tailored out?.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:36am On Apr 12, 2021
trishvik1:
Goodevening all, please can someone explain the difference between 5years route and 10years route for FLR parent of a British child visa , also a British child or EU child is it a 5years route or a 10years route, Please kindly help explain my cousin needs this clarity as I was asked but am clueless.
thank you

This is easily found on Google but anyway let me reply

The first route for parent of a British child is a 5 years path which has some requirements ( check google) . Then so that the British child is not left with a parent without papers ...

You can apply for switching into parent of British child visa (10 years route) if you are a parent of British child and do not meet all the requirements of the parent visa under 5 years route.

An application for switching into parent visa under 10 years route is usually made by those applicants who cannot meet the adequate maintenance requirement, immigration status requirement or English language requirement.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by girlsupersonic(f): 12:53am On Apr 12, 2021
Please has anyone gotten appointment dates for their Nigerian passport renewal?

And can I work as a freelancer on a student visa?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 3:18am On Apr 12, 2021
olenime:

Checkout Calendly. It might be what you need

If that doesn’t suit your usecase, have you tried googling such apps?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 5:51am On Apr 12, 2021
girlsupersonic:
Please has anyone gotten appointment dates for their Nigerian passport renewal?

And can I work as a freelancer on a student visa?

Unfortunately you can't.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Temitopegold221: 8:23am On Apr 12, 2021
morinto:
Pls can any one tell me which university in the uk offer the cheapest pre,master with short duration of learning. I graduated with third class which is,not up to uk requirement,for master

If you have relevant work experience to your course, you can do masters in some schools with third class.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 10:11am On Apr 12, 2021
Just read that the validity of the driving theory test will not be extended in England. Meaning about 70,000 who have passed the test but have not been able to complete the practical test will have to retake it shocked shocked shocked
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Momakay: 11:00am On Apr 12, 2021
Ok thanks.. please can I send you a mail??

sgtponzihater1:

Let me know where the confusion is, and I can clarify. Cheers
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
olenime:

Why not go for a wordpress website with Amelia plug in
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by adebayoz001: 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2021
There is app called Fresha that you can download on AppStore or Google play.
Visit fresha.com for more info
olenime:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 2:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Why not speak to an app developer, to have a bespoke service tailored out?.....

I see you have been disturbing Mr Yanshin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 2:37pm On Apr 12, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Unfortunately you can't.

How about remote jobs in other countries, say US? Will they find out?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by trishvik1: 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2021
thank you

quote author=LagosismyHome post=100711733]

The first route for parent of a British child is a 5 years path which has some requirements ( check google) . Then so that the British child is not left with a parent without papers ...

You can apply for switching into parent of British child visa (10 years route) if you are a parent of British child and do not meet all the requirements of the parent visa under 5 years route.

An application for switching into parent visa under 10 years route is usually made by those applicants who cannot meet the adequate maintenance requirement, immigration status requirement or English language requirement. [/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by trishvik1: 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2021
LagosismyHome:

An application for switching into parent visa under 10 years route is usually made by those applicants who cannot meet the adequate maintenance requirement, immigration status requirement or English language requirement.

thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

I see you have been disturbing Mr Yanshin cheesy

grin cheesy

Why is he advising people to troop out and spend, now that the stable doors are open........ tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lexusgs430:

grin cheesy

Why is he advising people to troop out and spend, now that the stable doors are open........ tongue

Why not? grin all the furlough money that Rishi has been paying them nko.

I just guessed that sounded like that troublesome guy from NL cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Why not? grin all the furlough money that Rishi has been paying them nko.

I just guessed that sounded like that troublesome guy from NL cheesy

He can't eat his stocks and have them ........ grin

Does he not know that Rishi £, are on the stock market, painting pink and green all over the place....... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by enesty(m): 9:53pm On Apr 12, 2021
Good day all
Please am coming for an msc biotechnology soon and am coming with family,my question are
How are employment rates in that field
And also am looking at settlement after study,how can the field be of help
Are there any other best stem degrees that I can think about rather than biotechnology
Would appreciate answers
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by twizzie: 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hi Lagosismyhome

Can you please share the name of the agency/area?
Also, do you have any recommendations please?

LagosismyHome:

Sister ... you know these are covid times so nobody is smiling . It very frustrating when you keep applying online and not hear anything back so you have to reach out for tips

My family members who came recently kept applying like government work , every minute but never heard back until someone gave them a local agency number. They registered with that agency and within a week started working.... yet online application was over 2 months and no progress
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesudaughter(f): 11:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
It depends on your city.
Google, employment agencies in your city, check listed employments on their site.
You can also contact them for available vacancies for immediate employment.

Do same on facebook, they usually post realtime jobs. Always search with your city name.

Best of luck

twizzie:
Hi Lagosismyhome

Can you please share the name of the agency/area?
Also, do you have any recommendations please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by enesty(m): 11:37am On Apr 13, 2021
Good morning gurus in the house
Any information on this would go a long way
Regards

Hi all
Please am waiting for feedback on this
Thanks

enesty:
Good day all
Please am coming for an msc biotechnology soon and am coming with family,my question are
Are there any other best stem degrees that I can think about rather than biotechnology
Would appreciate answers
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
enesty:
Good day all
Would appreciate answers
Thanks

Do you have any relevant work experience
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by enesty(m): 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
Yeah
6 years and still counting of being a medical sales representative
2 years of working with an ngo

Do you have any relevant work experience [/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesmond3945: 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
adebayoz001:
Yes, just applied now.
The link: http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/fees-processing-online

brother how do you book appointment for biometric?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by twizzie: 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
Thanks a lot!
jesudaughter:
It depends on your city.
Google, employment agencies in your city, check listed employments on their site.
You can also contact them for available vacancies for immediate employment.

Do same on facebook, they usually post realtime jobs. Always search with your city name.

Best of luck

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by enesty(m): 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
Do you have any relevant work experience [/quote]

Yeah,6 years working as an pharmaceuticals sale representative and still counting
2 year working with an NGO
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Santa2: 6:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
RalphJean:

Get to have your details ‘on the system’
1. If you are from Nigeria, register to vote in the UK

2. Ditch that Lebara or Lycamobile phone line. Pick up a cheap, SIM Only contract with mobile phone provider (EE, O2, Three, Vodafone etc...)

3. Although having a credit builder Credit card is cool, if you don’t feel self-disciplined enough, do not take on a credit card yet.

Summary: get your details to be ‘in the system’

@Ralphjean please does giffgaff GBP10 sim a month qualify as SIM only contract?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2021
Santa2:

@Ralphjean please does giffgaff GBP10 sim a month qualify as SIM only contract?

If you had to fill a form for a credit check giving details about yourself, addresses, employment, and bank details etc., then you have a contract.
If not, it's just one of their "goodybag" plans you can cancel anytime.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by JustCare: 8:29am On Apr 14, 2021
Why are you guys too serious on this thread. I see less talks about lifestyles here. This is my attempt on bringing adding more spices to the conversation here - I hope I’m stepping on no toes.

What are your views on our sisters selling ass here in the UK?

cc: lexusgs430
Lagosismyhome
Justwise grin
Every other reader and viewer here

Please I cum in peace, let’s just rub minds and no abuses kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.