Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307796 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
missjekyll:

Yes ,you are indeed stepping on toes. You can read through this thread. We do not discuss such offensive topics here. We do joke around but we keep it clean. Thank you

I know right. ..... why does it have to be the sisters selling ass. Why not the brothers selling ass

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 15, 2021
missjekyll:

Yes ,you are indeed stepping on toes. You can read through this thread. We do not discuss such offensive topics here. We do joke around but we keep it clean. Thank you

I feel same as well.... @justcare i think you went off course. If you want to spice up the thread there are 1001 constructive topics to talk about.

A thread in the sexuality section will be the best place to examine and analyze why nigerian girls sell ass in d uk

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 1:12am On Apr 15, 2021
please any update or hope for ETC?? especially for those with expired passports that have to be in naija soon..

I hear there will be a new temporary passport that will replace ETC? any truth?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by JustCare: 7:47am On Apr 15, 2021
Irenenwaka:

I feel same as well.... @justcare i think you went off course. If you want to spice up the thread there are 1001 constructive topics to talk about.

A thread in the sexuality section will be the best place to examine and analyze why nigerian girls sell ass in d uk

Well, I wasn’t expecting the ladies to be cool with the topic, like justwise said earlier ‘Nigerians are over religious so they would do it carefully’ this also applies to their approach to an open discussion like this. Anyone is free to join as make it as constructive as they want.

If you read one of my replies to lexusgs450 you would realise where my major interest lies in this topic. When it comes to human behaviours, I build, rehabilitate, correct and never destructive.

Cheers anyway!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by adebayoz001: 2:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
Never done it before mate
jesmond3945:
brother how do you book appointment for biometric?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adapapaokoye: 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2021
Lexus check your mail please

Lexusgs430:

It's the oldest profession and would forever remain so (worldwide) ....... If you have the urge to cum......... Enter wwwvivastreet.co.uk grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 4:23am On Apr 16, 2021
See this guy ohhhh

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 4:55am On Apr 16, 2021
RalphJean:
See this guy ohhhh

BMC
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 5:05am On Apr 16, 2021
A word is enough for the wise

Met police have started picking people driving without a license/insurance. I believe they were a bit calm during the lock down but the rate at which they impound cars have now. My guy just got impounded last night. He got his car less than a month.

Nothing like people have been doing it for years.
When they come for you no argument is valid.

Those using international license, make sure you are within the permitted term of use, else OYO is your case.

It costs 500-1000£ to get your license.

Don't risk police records
Don't risk cancelled insurance
Don't risk your car.

Get theory test pro (the yellow app) for 5£ and pass your theory test.

Get a 10hr or 20hr block to practice driving. (Don't claim if I have driven in Lagos I can drive anywhere)

Watch Ashley Niel and dgn driving school on YouTube.

Pass your test and have peace of mind.

Invest in a full license even if you aren't planning to get a car soon.

The painful thing is this guy has had his test postponed severally due to covid. E don turn double wahala for dead body

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 10:38am On Apr 16, 2021
umarwy:

Met police have started picking people driving without a license/insurance. I believe they were a bit calm during the lock down but the rate at which they impound cars have now. My guy just got impounded last night. He got his car less than a month.

Those using international license, make sure you are within the permitted term of use, else OYO is your case.

Don't risk your car.

Get a 10hr or 20hr block to practice driving. (Don't claim if I have driven in Lagos I can drive anywhere)

The painful thing is this guy has had his test postponed severally due to covid. E don turn double wahala for dead body

Heard those that passed theory and haven’t taken the practical test due to covid will have to rewrite it again.

They’re gonna use all avenues possible to recoup lost funds post lockdown
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 10:39am On Apr 16, 2021
Has anyone gone through the process of applying for Emergency Travel Certificate recently?

How much and how long did it take?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2021
Inkredible:
Has anyone gone through the process of applying for Emergency Travel Certificate recently?

How much and how long did it take?

I would leave others to respond. Mil did in sept 2020 but I am a bit rusty on the details.

It takes one day, you go to the embassy and they accept walk in and its done that day. However it not done everyday. It was Fridays I think. The cost was about 200 pound range (I think or maybe less) . 100 was in money order or so. There was money order for sure

We found some of the details on how to go about it on the website so best to start from there, just incase if there is a new process or change in fees(+ or -)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:41am On Apr 16, 2021
umarwy:

Don't risk your car.

Plus the owner of dedi bodi........ tongue

I hope he knows 6 points awaits him, on the licence hin neva receive + fine.. .... cheesy

Which in turn translates to higher insurance......... cheesy

We don't just issue warnings for nothing....... kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 4:39pm On Apr 16, 2021
LagosismyHome:

I would leave others to respond. Mil did in sept 2020 but I am a bit rusty on the details.

It takes one day, you go to the embassy and they accept walk in and its done that day. However it not done everyday. It was Fridays I think. The cost was about 200 pound range (I think or maybe less) . 100 was in money order or so. There was money order for sure

We found some of the details on how to go about it on the website so best to start from there, just incase if there is a new process or change in fees(+ or -)

Thanks for the feedback. Was on the website and it’s saying ETC can only be issued if pp is lost and it’s for a one way travels. That got me concerned a bit.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:32am On Apr 17, 2021
It’s like someone is trying to hijack my username ni. I keep getting emails to reset my password lipsrsealed Dear hacker, ejoo jump and pass. No vacancy in Aso Rock.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
umarwy:

Don't risk your car.

Looll this should be a very resounding warning... he that has ears should hear what is being said

A very close pal was caught during lockdown driving without insurance.... he definitely got his 6 points on his license + a 300 pounds fine+ His car was impounded ( he let his car go because impound location was outside london and price to retrieve his car was high)

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
Mamatukwas:
It’s like someone is trying to hijack my username ni. I keep getting emails to reset my password lipsrsealed Dear hacker, ejoo jump and pass. No vacancy in Aso Rock.

Maybe you need to change your password with nairaland and i avoid replying pms from nairand from your inbox, people get your email address through that.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
justwise:

Maybe you need to change your password with nairaland and i avoid replying pms from nairand from your inbox, people get your email address through that.

Is there another way of replying nairaland PMs?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
RalphJean:

No.... To imagine that Nairaland was in existence before twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram etc etc.....

Seun missed a big boat...........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:02am On Apr 18, 2021
RalphJean:

Yes,, through the person's profile...that is if you did not drop your email address or number here before, in that case the only way one will contact you here is through nairaland pm, after reading it in your inbox you log in here to reply though the person's profile.

This will help you to know who you are dealing with before you decide to give up your contact details.

It makes it a lot difficult for crooks here to get your details though social engineering .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:11am On Apr 18, 2021
justwise:

Yes,, through the person's profile...that is if you did not drop your email address or number here before, in that case the only way one will contact you here is through nairaland pm, after reading it in your inbox you log in here to reply though the person's profile.

This will help you to know who you are dealing with before you decide to give up your contact details.

It makes it a lot difficult for crooks here to get your details though social engineering .

This is not a way nah, Oga justwise........ RJ, was making reference to direct replying, not investigative responses........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:34am On Apr 18, 2021
Lexusgs430:

This is not a way nah, Oga justwise........ RJ, was making reference to direct replying, not investigative responses........ cheesy

Yes this is the way to reply pm here when direct reply is not available and with reference to mamatukwas situation
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 10:04am On Apr 18, 2021
justwise:

Yes this is the way to reply pm here when direct reply is not available and with reference to mamatukwas situation

Mamatukwa’s situation? Hope she’s alright?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hi House,

For students coming into the UK on a 2 year Msc programme, is it advisable to book a one way ticket?

Heard the one way ticket looks suspicious to immigration officials, could be wrong though

Looks a tad cheaper than the round trip one
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mattfeuter(m): 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
hustla:
Hi House,

For students coming into the UK on a 2 year Msc programme, is it advisable to book a one way ticket?

Heard the one way ticket looks suspicious to immigration officials, could be wrong though

Yep!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
hustla:
Hi House,

It doesn't look suspicious.....

Return ticket usually are valid for one calendar year and master is usually more than one year making the second leg (return) useless..... so for that one way ticket is perfectly fine for student visa

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2021
mattfeuter:

Yep!

Thanks boss!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2021
LagosismyHome:

It doesn't look suspicious.....

Return ticket usually are valid for one calendar year and master is usually more than one year making the second leg (return) useless..... so for that one way ticket is perfectly fine for student visa

Thanks!!

cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
icon8:

Mamatukwa’s situation? Hope she’s alright?

I’m alright oh. Thank you. Still here. Unhacked. Hopefully it stays that way.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
justwise:

Okay. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
Mamatukwas:

I’m alright oh. Thank you. Still here. Unhacked. Hopefully it stays that way.

Glad to hear that. Stay safe smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by d33types: 12:08am On Apr 19, 2021
Hello everyone. Anyone used their valid Nigerian Drivers license here?
Do I need further assesment by DVLA or I can just grab a car and enter road?

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.