Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307705 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 12:13pm On May 23, 2021
barakah:
With all that I have stated.
How to get the visa.
I was denied the last time I applied in 2019.
Basically you want to get a visa to the UK to live and work?

If that is true then cancel 6months visa out of your list.

So for work visa to be able to work in medical fields you need some qualification and experiences in that sector

So what qualification or experience do you have?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 12:31pm On May 23, 2021
barakah:
With all that I have stated.
How to get the visa.
I was denied the last time I applied in 2019.

We’re you denied because you applied for a 6-month visitor visa, and stated that the plan was for you to work?
Eyaàhh sorry.

There are different kinds of visa for the UK. Some examples are:
1. Visitor visa (you can visit, spend money, spend all your life’s savings. Visit Queen’s palace. BUT you can’t work).

2. Work visa (you get a suitable job. The employer sponsors your visa. You work).

3. Student visa ( you pay school fees and learn).

4. Etc

Which category do you want to apply for?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 12:50pm On May 23, 2021
April 2019:

barakah:
Please house, can you assist with answers to the following question from a Nairalander who intends to take a decision on UK travel.

If by chance, a Nigerian male between the ages 35 to 45 years and having met all requirements for a UK visa for an initial 6 months arrives the UK.

The mission is to earn a steady forex income for the period that the visa lasts and probably start something tangible for the folks back home.
Hustle in obodo oyinbo is better than the rat race in Naija.

What type of opportunities are open to him since trying for a degree is out of it with the cost involved?
No work permit for 6 months visa and it will be odd to just sit in doors and not earn a living for an entire 180 day.
Work experience is regular hustle, office/admin work and every other legit thing that brings money to the table.

Please assist with information on other likely issues to be encountered

May, 2021

barakah:
Hello House,

Please I have a schedule planned out for UK travel.

I'm looking for a possibility that's mapped out as follows:-
- UK Visa (6 months)
- Work (Band 3 to 4)
- Medical support/assistant work
- Certification Medics
- UK Visa (2 years)
- Regular Work
- Stability...
The list is long and includes plans to leave the UK for greener pastures in less than 5 years.

Kindly assist with ideas and assistance with your wealth of experience and capabilities.

Help me make this a reality in record time.

Egbon, the same you ohh ... you don ask this question before. We answer you.
You thought we have forgotten, you now asked again.
Well, the answer is still the same.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by barakah(m): 1:13pm On May 23, 2021
RalphJean:
April 2019:

May, 2021

Egbon, the same you ohh ... you don ask this question before. We answer you.
You thought we have forgotten, you now asked again.
Well, the answer is still the same.

Maybe you didn't answer me sef. �

RalphJean:

1. Visitor visa (you can visit, spend money, spend all your life’s savings. Visit Queen’s palace. BUT you can’t work).

2. Work visa (you get a suitable job. The employer sponsors your visa. You work).

Which category do you want to apply for?

Intention was just to visit then and apply for a two year visa subsequently.

Now, I need a visa that allows me to work.

justwise:

Basically you want to get a visa to the UK to live and work?
Yes

If that is true then cancel 6months visa out of your list.

So for work visa to be able to work in medical fields you need some qualification and experiences in that sector

So what qualification or experience do you have?
Accounting/Administration

No! I don't have a medical background or work experience.
What do you advice?
Any possible shortcuts that could help?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Iyanu6000: 1:40pm On May 23, 2021
Thank you so much for this, I am grateful.
We would do just this

TheGuyFromHR:

Are you in Nigeria or the UK now? You used the term "prospective", which would tend to imply the former.

If you've not already arrived in the UK, be aware that house-hunting generally goes better when you're in-country, as you tend to be taken more seriously when you're around, you can deal with agents in person, go to their offices to leave your requirements, quickly attend viewings, etc., etc.

Advice is: while still searching from Nigeria, if that's where you are now, rent yourself an Airbnb apartment in Hull for about a month. The cost of renting an Airbnb long-term usually compares favourably to the cost of rent and utilities you'd pay if you were a conventional tenant in your own apartment. Then you have a month to pound the streets of your new town looking for something, and that would make it easier for you to get yourself sorted.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:43pm On May 23, 2021
barakah:

What do you advice?

We don’t really do Shortcuts here but if you’re a creative or business inclined consider the Tier 1 innovators visa. It’s doable.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 3:08pm On May 23, 2021
barakah:

What do you advice?

If you are not in medical field already or have passion for it then short course is not the way to go
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sharone21(f): 3:22pm On May 23, 2021
barakah:

You can come to Cameroon, get 3 years HND Nursing, get licensed in Cameroon and move. While abroad, LATER you can run 1year BSc( online)

What do you advice?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by saidato: 5:52pm On May 23, 2021
Dear All, Trust you are doing well. Please can someone who have been denied UK Visiting twice in December 2019 and March 2020, though the first was as a result of huge some they saw in the person's account some days before applying for Visiting visa and the person's applied again to clear to the source of the money but they said the first reasons have been cleared in the first refusal but was refused the second time because they said they are not sure that he or she has the money declared under their control the second. Pls the same person have gotten offers from some schools for Masters program. Dear Gurus in the house is it advisable for the person to push through? Will the person be given Visa? Your quick response will be highly appreciated. Note: the person wants to apply with dependants. @justwise
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:31pm On May 23, 2021
saidato:
Dear All, Trust you are doing well. Please can someone who have been denied UK Visiting twice in December 2019 and March 2020, though the first was as a result of huge some they saw in the person's account some days before applying for Visiting visa and the person's applied again to clear to the source of the money but they said the first reasons have been cleared in the first refusal but was refused the second time because they said they are not sure that he or she has the money declared under their control the second. Pls the same person have gotten offers from some schools for Masters program. Dear Gurus in the house is it advisable for the person to push through? Will the person be given Visa? Your quick response will be highly appreciated. Note: the person wants to apply with dependants. @justwise

Yes you can still get student visa if you met requirements and disclose previous visa refusals
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 7:01pm On May 23, 2021
saidato:

Yes.
The person will need to make sure that the person meets all tier-4 visa requirements then the person will be issued the visa.
Another thing, while filling the form, the person must make sure the person declares the two previous refusals the person received previously.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:50pm On May 23, 2021
Some evening entertainment...
When the Hunter becomes the hunted grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq8cKjdNpCo
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by r4blessing: 1:10am On May 24, 2021
Hi all, please is there anyone willing to switch appointment date for medicals
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Trajan(m): 10:46am On May 24, 2021
Please, is anyone here familiar with Digital Marketing job? I am going to be interviewed for a Managerial role with a major real estate firm in London.
Any interview tips or hints would go a long way and would be highly appreciated.
Thanks all.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 24, 2021
I have been a member of this thread a long while now. I am hoping we are all as nice to each other in person day to day as we are here because truth be told, the few Nigerians I have met most especially at workplace are always either acting as if they are in some sort of competition, full of baseless pride, snobby and always seem to hoard information which tends to be fully shared amongst other colleagues as well as.

I must admit that I have had conversation with quite a few people from here who seem nice and genuine. I am intrigued as to how member here are so quick to offer help and advise where necessary, so thanks to all contributing. Ironically, online communication is proving to be better than face to face.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Anitaamich: 7:32pm On May 24, 2021
Hi guys, can I drive with normal Nigeria license, not the international one? I also have a provisional license
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:44pm On May 24, 2021
Ace2013:
I have been a member of this thread a long while now. I am hoping we are all as nice to each other in person day to day as we are here because truth be told, the few Nigerians I have met most especially at workplace are always either acting as if they are in some sort of competition, full of baseless pride, snobby and always seem to hoard information which tends to be fully shared amongst other colleagues as well as.
This is common amongst Africans in the diaspora, Nigerians especially. Nobody wants to see u do better than them, hence they hide information like you said.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Anitaamich: 10:03pm On May 24, 2021
Anitaamich:
Hi guys, can I drive with normal Nigeria license, not the international one? I also have a provisional license
I’m still waiting for replies, pls don’t read and pass
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 24, 2021
Just to add, It depends on when you entered the UK. You can only drive 12 months within your entry date. I do not know if you can drive with your normal license, I only know of the IDP - international driving permit.
Anitaamich:
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lynniebabes(f): 10:24pm On May 24, 2021
No, it only said “ patient said she got it from the hotel “ so I don’t think it counts .
Lexusgs430:

To proceed, you would require an expert report/or if anyone else suffered such reactions......

Does your medical records stipulate source/type of reaction?...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:28pm On May 24, 2021
lynniebabes:
No, it only said “ patient said she got it from the hotel “ so I don’t think it counts .

It will be near-impossible for you to prove that you actually got it from the hotel. Unless you are willing to spend £££ and do a ‘forensic’ sweep/ tests .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:37pm On May 24, 2021
wallg123:
Some evening entertainment...
When the Hunter becomes the hunted grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq8cKjdNpCo
Thanks for this. I enjoyed watching their videos.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:40pm On May 24, 2021
Has anyone heard from Aphrodite007 and Fatima? It's been a while I saw them here.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:21pm On May 24, 2021
lynniebabes:

I say no more....... Their lawyers would fight tooth and nail, against this claim.........

You should have conducted an allergy test (IgE test).... Even the Igwe of their village, would not bother contesting it.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:24pm On May 24, 2021
Anitaamich:

I hear that your PL license application, now nullifies your 9ja license..........

Don't quote me o, na so I hear........ smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 3:20am On May 25, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I hear that your PL license application, now nullifies your 9ja license..........

Don't quote me o, na so I hear........ smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MissOwaa: 7:16am On May 25, 2021
Good day everyone, Please in other to show proof of funds for CAS request. Is it okay to send my husband bank statement and marriage certificate? Or is it better if it’s a joint account?
I have some funds but he has majority of it. I just want to know if adding his own account statement for CAS request helps me.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 9:00am On May 25, 2021
icon8:
Had my biometrics and data capture done at the Nigeria High Commission today and I was very surprised with how well it all went. Apart from having to queue outside (in the rain), the experience far exceeded my expectations. Spent 30 minutes outside and exactly 1 hour inside. Got there about 8:30am and left at 10. No one was rude to me, maybe because I didn’t need any “assistance” and followed all instructions. Excepting delivery of my shiny green passport by 28th of May, even though they said to expect from 14th of June. All the best to those still awaiting their turn. You will soon receive the invite. My 10 months wait is finally over, just in time for the summer holidays and end of lockdown. Sunny Portugal, here I come! wink

Update:
New passport was delivered by Royal Mail this morning. The journey that started 10 months ago finally ends here smiley

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:43am On May 25, 2021
MissOwaa:
Good day everyone, Please in other to show proof of funds for CAS request. Is it okay to send my husband bank statement and marriage certificate? Or is it better if it’s a joint account?
I have some funds but he has majority of it. I just want to know if adding his own account statement for CAS request helps me.
Thank you.

Have you heard of ‘computer says no’ syndrome?
If you don’t want to be a victim, I would suggest you tell your husband to transfer the funds to your own personal account.
Or
To transfer it (now this may sound bizarre) to your biological parents’ account.
Then you use the account statement.

PS: The student thread is the best place for you to ask this question.

https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4/373

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 10:48am On May 25, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:50am On May 25, 2021
Pikin wey them born when the journey start sef Don dey waka
icon8:

Update:
New passport was delivered by Royal Mail this morning. The journey that started 10 months ago finally ends here smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.