Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1316614 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:52am On May 25, 2021
Very correct! The moment u get a PL, any offence will be added on it in advance till you get the full one.
Lexusgs430:

I hear that your PL license application, now nullifies your 9ja license..........

Don't quote me o, na so I hear........ smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 11:00am On May 25, 2021
omopapa:
Pikin wey them born when the journey start sef Don dey waka

I tell you, bro. Even the one wey dem conceive on the day/night the journey started don comot for him mama belle grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesudaughter(f): 11:25am On May 25, 2021
Hahahahaha
Lexusgs430 na confirmed kolomental case

Lexusgs430:

I hear that your PL license application, now nullifies your 9ja license..........

Don't quote me o, na so I hear........ smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:54am On May 25, 2021
dustydee:
Has anyone heard from Aphrodite007 and Fatima? It's been a while I saw them here.

I’ve missed you people too kiss

Laajiblik texted me with a screenshot of this message, you needed to have seen how I was blushing. Thank you Dustydee

Got some personal issues to sort out that’s why. I just lost interest in life, and went MIA haha. But I’m fine now.

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 12:35pm On May 25, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Laajiblik texted me with a screenshot of this message, you needed to have seen how I was blushing. Thank you Dustydee

Got some personal issues to sort out that’s why. I just lost interest in life, and went MIA haha. But I’m fine now.
Thank God and good to hear from you. Stay strong and hope to have you here soon.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MissOwaa: 3:15pm On May 25, 2021

Aphrodite007:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MissOwaa: 3:16pm On May 25, 2021
Godbless you
Thanks alot
RalphJean:

Have you heard of ‘computer says no’ syndrome?
If you don’t want to be a victim, I would suggest you tell your husband to transfer the funds to your own personal account.
Or
To transfer it (now this may sound bizarre) to your biological parents’ account.
Then you use the account statement.

PS: The student thread is the best place for you to ask this question.

https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4/373
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheOnly123: 6:30pm On May 25, 2021
Hello, someone just paid for hers almost two weeks ago and she got the mail says she has booked and she should come for her capture and all. Would she just go without getting an exact date? Anyone that had done this in the UK should help or if there is a number one can call to confirm appointment, please share.

Thank you

icon8:

Update:
New passport was delivered by Royal Mail this morning. The journey that started 10 months ago finally ends here smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 9:55pm On May 25, 2021
I got same 2 weeks ago

Though I was told to wait for a mail with date and time

How much have you been imformed of what to d
Russkii:
Good morning All! Please has anyone been informed to proceed to the Nigerian embassy for enrollment after payment on their Innovate 1 platform?

I applied for a passport renewal and paid the fee on the innovate 1 platform. After 2 days the payment went through and I was sent a mail to go for enrollment at the embassy in London without any link for appointment. Can I go the embassy without any appointment? Has anyone gone through this process recently? I expect your kind suggestions.

Have a nice day Everyone
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Vooom: 10:08pm On May 25, 2021
We seem to be many in this boat.

Any headway yet
TheOnly123:
Hello, someone just paid for hers almost two weeks ago and she got the mail says she has booked and she should come for her capture and all. Would she just go without getting an exact date? Anyone that had done this in the UK should help or if there is a number one can call to confirm appointment, please share.

Thank you

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Marvel4u: 10:44pm On May 25, 2021
Good evening House, Please I need help with the process in getting a job in the UK with specialty in Public Health or safety. I have a master's in public and a NEBOSH IGC certificate. I'm looking forward to tier 2 visa. I have tried applying for jobs on the NHS website and no reply.
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 10:57pm On May 25, 2021
Marvel4u:
Good evening House, Please I need help with the process in getting a job in the UK with specialty in Public Health or safety. I have a master's in public and a NEBOSH IGC certificate. I'm looking forward to tier 2 visa. I have tried applying for jobs on the NHS website and no reply.
Thanks.

A masters in public health is important.

Cognate experience in public health is Importanter.

An MPH paper certificate (on its own) is as useful as the P in Psychology.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by idolda: 11:40pm On May 25, 2021
RAD01:
Yes. NHS do sponsor HCA but you have to apply to the ones which salary is £20,480 and above. From my research and someone who got sponsored recently, you should focus on NHS in London and its environment. Pray very well too.

All the best.

Actually as long as the job is paying at least £13k he can apply. It doesn't need to be £20k HCA jobs
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by idolda: 11:49pm On May 25, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Reasonably good and steady income.
You can buy a house on a student visa if you like, if you have the raw cash or some form of relevant income and can find a bank to give you a mortgage.

Most banks have stopped giving mortgage to those who are not on ILR or haven't lived in UK for at least 3years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wongwe: 5:32am On May 26, 2021
Please I would like to know if anyone here has travelled to US or Canada while on UK tier 4 visa. I’m planning to apply for a visiting visa but my issue is that I don’t have anyone in US like family to invite me. What are my chances of getting the visa if I state that I’m only going for tourism just for a month. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:57am On May 26, 2021
wongwe:
Please I would like to know if anyone here has travelled to US or Canada while on UK tier 4 visa. I’m planning to apply for a visiting visa but my issue is that I don’t have anyone in US like family to invite me. What are my chances of getting the visa if I state that I’m only going for tourism just for a month. Thanks

So if you don’t have any family member to invite you the question then is.. can you afford to pay for hotel accommodation for a month as a foreign student?

What will you be doing in US or Canada for a month as a tourist?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:09am On May 26, 2021
wongwe:

Things might be different now. But I think you don’t need an invite to apply for tourist visa to the US.
In 2014, Few of my class mates that came to do master from Nigeria on tier 4 visa applied for US tourist visa and they all got it. ......
They all met the financial requirements.
But things might be different now as we know immigration laws constantly changes

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:10am On May 26, 2021
idolda:

Most banks have stopped giving mortgage to those who are not on ILR or haven't lived in UK for at least 3years
You are very correct sir

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by rickie67: 8:00am On May 26, 2021
deept:

What type of visa are you applying for? Depends on the visa type, could be 15 working days for visitor's visa to 6 months for settlement

What if it's a family permits visa?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tifaniaj: 9:42am On May 26, 2021
Good morning sirs’mas, please can anyone schooling in the university of Essex or UEA kindly share his or her experience. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 9:58am On May 26, 2021
Abeg which Nigerian High commission branch does ETC in London?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by idolda: 10:54am On May 26, 2021
wallg123:

Things might be different now. But I think you don’t need an invite to apply for tourist visa to the US.
In 2014, Few of my class mates that came to do master from Nigeria on tier 4 visa applied for US tourist visa and they all got it. ......
They all met the financial requirements.
But things might be different now as we know immigration laws constantly changes

The only issue I see here is a student going on tourism for one solid month. That will definitely raise alot of questions by the VO. 1 to 2 weeks is still understandable.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by idolda: 10:56am On May 26, 2021
wongwe:

If you have your money I think your chance is high compared to if you had applied from Nigeria lol. 1-2 weeks is OK but one month will likely raise more questions. Hope you know thatUSA has still not opened her airport to non-essential travellers from UK?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:58am On May 26, 2021
Inkredible:
Abeg which Nigerian High commission branch does ETC in London?

There only one Nigeria High Commission in the UK . The only close to charing cross station
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 11:19am On May 26, 2021
LagosismyHome:

There only one Nigeria High Commission in the UK . The only close to charing cross station

Actually there’s two. Just found that out today surprisingly.

Finally figured out it’s the one at charring cross.

Ps: To anyone going for passport renewal today, you’ll need a Postal order or £20. They started requesting that today.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 11:21am On May 26, 2021
The one in Fleet Street.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Samopex05: 11:52am On May 26, 2021
idolda:

Actually as long as the job is paying at least £13k he can apply. It doesn't need to be £20k HCA jobs

Care worker is not classified under skilled job according to my research therefore cannot apply for skilled worker visa BUT

Seeing that senior care worker is a job under skilled work and it’s also under shortage occupation list. Is it okay to study msc healthcare mgmt or msc health&social care and apply for a job as a senior care worker with 2-3years of experience as a carer/support worker.

Cc justwise lagosismyhome theguyfromhr and others with experience concerning this.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:24pm On May 26, 2021
Marvel4u:
Thanks.

Sorry love, that’s the only option you. Have faith ok.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:28pm On May 26, 2021
justwise:

So if you don’t have any family member to invite you the question then is.. can you afford to pay for hotel accommodation for a month as a foreign student?

What will you be doing in US or Canada for a month as a tourist?

You should be able to get it, provided you are a student.
Just make sure you’ve got your hotel booking. If you don’t get the visa, read the reason they give you and address it in your next application. Most of my friends for theirs, when I was in uni. I didn’t get mine because I was too stupid to understand that I was resident in the UK; so when I was asked, I picked No. lol.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:48pm On May 26, 2021
Inkredible:

Actually there’s two. Just found that out today surprisingly.

Finally figured out it’s the one at charring cross.

Ps: To anyone going for passport renewal today, you’ll need a Postal order or £20. They started requesting that today.

There has always been only one....however there is another office where foreigners go to get Nigerian visa in Fleet Street london . That not really for we people cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 12:57pm On May 26, 2021
LagosismyHome:

There has always been only one....however there is another office where foreigners go to get Nigerian visa in Fleet Street london . That not really for we people cheesy
And NIN.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:51pm On May 26, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Explains why they were so nice and cautious there. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.