Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,744 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1304153 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justme7777(m): 5:53pm On May 28, 2021
Good day pple,
Pls, how can a certified secondary school teacher relocate to England?
What part of England is good for him?
Is it advisable to relocate with his family or after?
What is d salary structure of teachers compare with other jobs?

Pls I need someone to help me with answer
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 5:59pm On May 28, 2021
justme7777:
Good day pple,
Pls, how can a certified secondary school teacher relocate to England?
What part of England is good for him?
Is it advisable to relocate with his family or after?
What is d salary structure of teachers compare with other jobs?

Pls I need someone to help me with answer
Thanks

getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Callmed: 7:14am On May 29, 2021
Hello everyone.

I am actively looking for an accommodation at Teesside University environs. I see some pictures of affordable accommodations online but I don't want to fall victim of scam. So is there any reliable agent or website to source accommodation from in Middlesbrough?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by contra(m): 7:36am On May 29, 2021
I'm interested in this one too. I used only 2.4years in mine and paid for 3 years. Can I get some change back? cry

KOVIC19COVID20:
Many thanks to all who responded to my previous questions.

I need help once again. This time around not a hypothetical situation but a real life one.

I applied for a 1 year Tier-2 visa in March. I paid IHS It was granted, to expire in April 2022 (based on my certificate of sponsorship).

A few days ago, I applied and switched to a new visa category (5 years). This is not the Health and care visa. I paid full IHS (again).

Can I apply for part refund of my IHS (as Na only 2 months I don ‘chop’ inside.

Anyone got experience?
Who do I even apply to?

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:24am On May 29, 2021
twizzie:
Some things are easier said than done.. Living in Nigeria is different from going to visit.
If you live in Nigeria, some things will have to give.
My kid sister after months of pre-degree was given admission @ Uni Ilorin.. I mean she saw her name on the admission list. Fast forward to going back to pay acceptance fee and register, name don disappear. shocked Someone probably swapped her name with another person's name. My dad angrily enrolled her in a private Uni. He could afford it, otherwise, that would mean another one year at home. For those who cannot afford it, will you keep on waiting when you know your child is well qualified?
I was robbed some years back, I still had to pay Police to get police report after losing so much..
It is easy to sit behind a screen and say let us stop giving excuses, if you are in some situations, you simply do not have a choice.

Just reading this now. But years ago I was on the list for Medicine in the University of Maiduguri. So much rejoicing at home. I even went to Church to give testimony, and told them I was travelling to study Medicine.

Few days later a lecturer called us to inform us things had changed. They had made a new list, and my name was now in the Biochemistry list. My shame knew no bound, how do I return years later to say I studied Biochemistry,(which is not a bad course at all), haven given testimony and made mouth that I was going to become a Doctor.

As a child it was quite distressing for me, and I found myself keeping away from people and eventually ghosting that church to avoid plenty questions and explanation. Haven grown up now I realize that our course of study doesn't make us, though it gives some people an initial advantage in life. However when we are pushed to the wall we are capable of much more than we can imagine, and can produce much good with the little we have in our hands. That's Naija for you

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olaness: 10:29am On May 29, 2021
olaness:
Please I'd like to know, how can one who has an OND in electrical engineering, a City and Guilds certificate and has worked for more than 7 years as an electrical technician with NNPC qualify to work in the UK as one?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Our UK seniors, any response to this? Will like to know what can qualify one to get work as an electrician or electrical engineer in the UK.
Please o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 1:08pm On May 29, 2021
olaness:

Our UK seniors, any response to this? Will like to know what can qualify one to get work as an electrician or electrical engineer in the UK.
Please o.

This is a very good skill to have; go on jobsites to see what certifications they always request for and target them. You see all those housing developments, warehouses, and most importantly data centres springing in different locations across the country require the expertise of a qualified electrical engineer. One of the things people don't do as DIY in their home is electrical installations.. The world is your oyster bro!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by rickie67: 1:29pm On May 29, 2021
Hi everyone please how long does it take before one can get UK visa (European family permits visa)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Leopantro: 2:15pm On May 29, 2021
umarwy:

You can avoid TV licence if you don't watch live TV.

Just apply online and tell them you watch Netflix and play Fortnite on your TV.

I have never paid TV licence

I have Netflix and Disney+ as well as Google Team drives filled with over 900TB.
But I also have an Android box with an IPTV service that gives me over 8000+ stations including all the south African channels.
Will I have to pay the TV licence?
Do I hide the box from them?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 4:25pm On May 29, 2021
Hello house,

Any student currently studying at University of Wolverhampton? Please I need information about students jobs, housing e.t.c.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mdan(m): 4:42pm On May 29, 2021
Goodevening all, I'm currently studying radiography in unizik, and also in year one but will be in year 3 by January next year due to the nature of our academic calendar. I want to know if there's anything I need to know while in school now so I can work on them to bolster my chances of leaving for the UK when I'm done with school. Anyone can help me with that. Thanks a bunch
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by id2019(m): 5:44pm On May 29, 2021
Please how can a professional in the medical field migrate to the UK. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:48pm On May 29, 2021
mdan:
Goodevening all, I'm currently studying radiography in unizik, and also in year one but will be in year 3 by January next year due to the nature of our academic calendar. I want to know if there's anything I need to know while in school now so I can work on them to bolster my chances of leaving for the UK when I'm done with school. Anyone can help me with that. Thanks a bunch

Search for TRAY2....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:50pm On May 29, 2021
id2019:
Please how can a professional in the medical field migrate to the UK. Thanks

What part of the field?...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:53pm On May 29, 2021
Leopantro:

I have Netflix and Disney+ as well as Google Team drives filled with over 900TB.
But I also have an Android box with an IPTV service that gives me over 8000+ stations including all the south African channels.

Yes..... TV licence is compulsory if you receive BBC channels, also including your tablet, phone, laptop etc etc......

Just don't open your door indiscriminately, when they come knocking........ Plenty people in the UK, refuse to pay TV licence........... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:04pm On May 29, 2021
Callmed:
Hello everyone.

I am actively looking for an accommodation at Teesside University environs. I see some pictures of affordable accommodations online but I don't want to fall victim of scam. So is there any reliable agent or website to source accommodation from in Middlesbrough?

You are truly reading, hearing and feeling the right vibes......... grin

Accommodation scammers, plenty in the UK...... tongue

Rule of thumb - :

- Use agents with a physical presence on the high street
- If using online agents, NEVER pay cash (offer credit card deposits). If deposits is over £100.10, you can make a section 75 claim......
- Never be rushed into making/taking a decision
- When you eventually get the keys, before you move in (ENSURE you take video and photographic evidence of the property, EMPTY)..... Ensure everything you might think is irrelevant, are documented...... tongue

NB: Check through university intranet slots, school boards, student unions + network with fellow students......

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mdan(m): 6:32pm On May 29, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Search for TRAY2....... grin

Ok sir.
I messaged him on one of his threads.
I hope he See's it.
Thank you sir
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Gentle21: 7:09pm On May 29, 2021
Hello people, I'm planning to go for a master's in the UK and will like my family to join me later in my studies but my issue is that my wife does not like cold weather. She is the type that her body reacts to cold weather by squeeze. though doesn't last for long when she covers her body. Please, I want to ask how do people with this condition or reacting to the cold body do manage their situations in the UK. I plan to study in Edinburgh. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by id2019(m): 7:32pm On May 29, 2021
Lexusgs430:

What part of the field?...... cheesy
Nursing
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Callmed: 7:48pm On May 29, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Rule of thumb - :

- If using online agents, NEVER pay cash (offer credit card deposits). If deposits is over £100.10, you can make a section 75 claim......
- When you eventually get the keys, before you move in (ENSURE you take video and photographic evidence of the property, EMPTY)..... Ensure everything you might think is irrelevant, are documented...... tongue

NB: Check through university intranet slots, school boards, student unions + network with fellow students......
Thank you so much.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:21pm On May 29, 2021
Gentle21:
Hello people, I'm planning to go for a master's in the UK and will like my family to join me later in my studies but my issue is that my wife does not like cold weather. She is the type that her body reacts to cold weather by squeeze. though doesn't last for long when she covers her body. Please, I want to ask how do people with this condition or reacting to the cold body do manage their situations in the UK. I plan to study in Edinburgh. Thank you.

Well there are slightly warmer cities in UK... Edinburgh is not one of them, rather its one of the colder cities . So maybe first step is choose a warmer city although no matter the city, winter is cold

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by amanze54: 8:30pm On May 29, 2021
Dear experience people, I have made my choice of school. Leeds Beckett University. MSc Data Science, 2 yrs.
Please is there any extra thing I need to know about the city, Leeds or the school. I am self sponsored.
Though I have been googling it all through but need input from people live in UK.
The tuition fee is 10,000 after I got 4000 scholarship/discount

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 8:44pm On May 29, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Rule of thumb - :

Is it not better to go with school accommodation pending when you know your way around?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 29, 2021
AirBay:
Hello house,

Any student currently studying at University of Wolverhampton? Please I need information about students jobs, housing e.t.c.

I studied in Wolverhampton in 2018 but not the uni. I was in dudley college. I lived very closed to uni of wolve. Liberty heights is the go to accommodation. I lived there nd 90% of the students there were from the uni. Its about 6-10 mins walk to the uni. Its a very great student accommodation.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:14pm On May 29, 2021
id2019:

Nursing

RGN.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:16pm On May 29, 2021
hustla:

Is it not better to go with school accommodation pending when you know your way around?

Each to their own....... If you want to reside like Hushpuppy, uni accommodation, would not cut it.......

Having all those teenagers, cramping your space..... When you can reside in a slaughter house alone...... tongue grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 10:34pm On May 29, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Each to their own....... If you want to reside like Hushpuppy, uni accommodation, would not cut it.......

Having all those teenagers, cramping your space..... When you can reside in a slaughter house alone...... tongue grin

grin

Person gats live like LG chairman fess before Hushpuppy ways

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:41pm On May 29, 2021
hustla:

grin

Person gats live like LG chairman fess before Hushpuppy ways

All LG chairmen, are balling ó....... (except the one's, wey no get sense)..... (such chairmen don't exist in Nigeria)....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:18am On May 30, 2021
olaness:
Please I'd like to know, how can one who has an OND in electrical engineering, a City and Guilds certificate and has worked for more than 7 years as an electrical technician with NNPC qualify to work in the UK as one?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.
This is a very good and lucrative job. I think the best option is to just start afresh. Most of the electical equipment are very different from Naija style and UK is more of SMART technology. Apply to companies as an apprentice where you can earn salary while also training as an electrician, most of these companies can do visa sponsorship for you and bring you over as a student.
I am not sure you can even apply as SPARK with all your Naija experience

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 12:36am On May 30, 2021
Leopantro:

I have all those you mentioned including a firetv box and 2 firesticks hooked up to IPTV with most international channels and full African DSTV package. I only recently started paying TV licence after I considered the pros and cons, plus the peace of mind of not having to constant look to see who is knocking on the door. Line of Duty, Small Axe are TV shows on BBC Iplayer that are worth every penny of the TV licence fee.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:32am On May 30, 2021
It is coming........ cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.