Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1302381 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

I sold my whole ethereum early on saturday thinking it would go down by Monday...see my life outside angry

You jumped, before the push ......... I am still holding on to all my coins ...........

Remember, value might dip temporarily, but your units never diminish (all things been equal)...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
deept:

Sold the little I had this morning thinking same.

Haba, una no dey take eyes see small greens ....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
crypto is a long term project...you never lose money when you hold...so buy what you can afford to keep for years

It is also good to take profits once in a while...

God willing my coins are staying with me until I retire

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:

You jumped, before the push ......... I am still holding on to all my coins ...........

Remember, value might dip temporarily, but your units never diminish (all things been equal)...... cheesy

Bro, so many people lost out on bitcoin dip and I was already down by 1k on the ethereum too. So, ko oju ma ri ibi...
deept:

Sold the little I had this morning thinking same.

The last time I refused to sell, the way the thing went down I almost cried.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2021
EngrSaks:
crypto is a long term project...you never lose money when you hold...so buy what you can afford to keep for years

Just let Elon Musk say rubbish about your coin, you go see shege.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Bro, so many people lost out on bitcoin dip and I was already down by 1k on the ethereum too. So, ko oju ma ri ibi...

The last time I refused to sell, the way the thing went down I almost cried.

You dey await ETH, travelling to the moon ......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Exact reason I sold all my teslas .......... He is too eccentric for my liking .........

Anything happens to Elon, kperen ........ Tesla would dip, pass the well for my garden .......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
EngrSaks:

Sell on rise, buy on dip, then hodl ........ Buy, rinse and recycle........ grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Exact reason I sold all my teslas .......... He is too eccentric for my liking .........

Anything happens to Elon, kperen ........ Tesla would dip, pass the well for my garden .......... grin

I have seen someone with $90k value Tesla shares. I own just 1.14 shares pere. I think Tesla is bigger than him now.

In other words, I have started buying Lucid
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

I have seen someone with $90k value Tesla shares. I own just 1.14 shares pere. I think Tesla is bigger than him now.

In other words, I have started buying Lucid

I bought Lucid while it was still a SPAC (CCIV)..... I have even bought Liauto, XPEV,BYD, PTRA, FUV & BAIC ......... Catch them young ........ grin

The old school champions like Toyota, Honda and Ford are in the stable, but one cannot ignore this Chinese stocks .........

Imagine if we started buying stocks, many years ago ...... We could have bought Tesla @ $2 and Amazon @ $4..........

We for don retire ......... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2021
The high BP wey dey follow that kind trading too much...I just buy and hold and buy and hold some more at dips....for me my coins are a part of my retirement; index funds is another part of retirement, then dividend stocks

I have started looking at a portfolio I can do that buy and sell with but na small amounts for now

Lexusgs430:

Sell on rise, buy on dip, then hodl ........ Buy, rinse and recycle........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 10:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
Lol, the man head dey touch but if the crypto project you invest in has a good use value then it go still rise last last...

Eth is on the rise, it may catch up to current day bitcoin in 3-5yrs or earlier...so you should really be holding it

Look at it this way, if you fit pay govt tax for 35 years of active work life then you fit throw way money into crypto for at least 10 years without worry

wonlasewonimi:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Iruosonobrugwhe: 11:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
dear all,
Please help is needed here oo. I am looking for a 3BR house to rent in Coventry. Any help/reference/link et al would be highly appreciated. The journey has not been easy as i expected. thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2021
What kind of house are you looking for? A Flat? terraced? semi-detached? detached? What area are you looking at?

Check
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/Coventry/3-bed-houses.html

Iruosonobrugwhe:
dear all,
Please help is needed here oo. I am looking for a 3BR house to rent in Coventry. Any help/reference/link et al would be highly appreciated. The journey has not been easy as i expected. thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
EngrSaks:
The high BP wey dey follow that kind trading too much...I just buy and hold and buy and hold some more at dips....for me my coins are a part of my retirement; index funds is another part of retirement, then dividend stocks

I have started looking at a portfolio I can do that buy and sell with but na small amounts for now

Forex trading, is another diversification route...... I don't understand forex trading, but on my etoro account, I just started copying a professional forex trader......

He trades 93% forex & 7% shares..........

So when he buys a forex position, I intend to stretch neck and buy position with my revolut account.....

Etoro's forex trades are CFD's... Hot fire I cannot touch..... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2021
That Sounds interesting o. I will put that in my next budget..man must gather all the pangolo o, person nor no which one God go take butter our bread �

Many thanks

Lexusgs430:

Forex trading, is another diversification route...... I don't understand forex trading, but on my etoro account, I just started copying a professional forex trader......

He trades 93% forex & 7% shares..........

So when he buys a forex position, I intend to stretch neck and buy position with my revolut account.....

Etoro's forex trades are CFD's... Hot fire I cannot touch..... smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:34am On Aug 10, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I bought Lucid while it was still a SPAC (CCIV)..... I have even bought Liauto, XPEV,BYD, PTRA, FUV & BAIC ......... Catch them young ........ grin

The old school champions like Toyota, Honda and Ford are in the stable, but one cannot ignore this Chinese stocks .........

Imagine if we started buying stocks, many years ago ...... We could have bought Tesla @ $2 and Amazon @ $4..........

We for don retire ......... cheesy

If you see the way I dey shake my head cos of lack of knowledge..
EngrSaks:
Lol, the man head dey touch but if the crypto project you invest in has a good use value then it go still rise last last...

Eth is on the rise, it may catch up to current day bitcoin in 3-5yrs or earlier...so you should really be holding it

Look at it this way, if you fit pay govt tax for 35 years of active work life then you fit throw way money into crypto for at least 10 years without worry

Bros, that tax matter na another thing o.. If I tell you how much I dey pay on tax since the abolition of ir35.. You go go pity me
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:10am On Aug 10, 2021
EngrSaks:
That Sounds interesting o. I will put that in my next budget..man must gather all the pangolo o, person nor no which one God go take butter our bread �

Many thanks

At certain times, to pay mortgage no go sweet me....... Once I see money for my account, nah stock market, my eye's dey shine put......... smiley

Nothing like spare change now ó, any accidental pseudo spare change, go don enter stockmarket, before my brain engage..... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by baykeylala1008: 1:37am On Aug 10, 2021
Wow this is so sad to hear..... anyways thanks so much guys really appreciate...
Plz help my life.... I'm a family man......I need help seriously.....which country is ok and what documents do I need plz ���..... I've people in US n Canada since UK is out of it and that's where I've most of my people....

No way out....... Serve your 'BAN' in peace........ 2021 - 2031...... Not in pieces......... cheesy[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by baykeylala1008: 1:40am On Aug 10, 2021
Please boss which other countries are reliable and English speaking country....and how do I go about it.....plz help me able men in this community.....plz without going through agent now, which country is ok I beg unah make unah help a friend n a brother.....
I've people in US n Canada since UK is out of it now ....

The agent most probably provided false information they couldnt back up...sorry about that. BAN IS 10 years, so na another country you go need try.

Please anyone coming to the UK should try to stay away from agents at all cost...the process is so straightforward that if your intentions are legit, you will not be refused

Agents are more of a disavantage than an advantage

[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 8:17am On Aug 10, 2021
Good morning,

pls, I need urgent advice and I believe I will see a sincere and genuine one as always.

I will safe stories, I am on a dependent visa on my wife and we are to renew soonest.

we have some issues and she told me to leave the house and am sure she won't want to renew my visa for me.

what are my odds and chances of getting visa on my own pls.

it's frustrating

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:22am On Aug 10, 2021
lightest:
Good morning,

pls, I need urgent advice and I believe I will see a sincere and genuine one as always.

I will safe stories, I am on a dependent visa on my wife and we are to renew soonest.

we have some issues and she told me to leave the house and am sure she won't want to renew my visa for me.

it's frustrating

So sorry to read this but what are you doing currently? Working or studying?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by giselle237: 9:03am On Aug 10, 2021
Sorry that you are going through this, may you find light at the end of the tunnel soon and I hope you both can work things out.
lightest:
Good morning,

it's frustrating

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 11:18am On Aug 10, 2021
justwise:

So sorry to read this but what are you doing currently? Working or studying?

working in dependant Tier 2

thank u
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 11:19am On Aug 10, 2021
giselle237:
Sorry that you are going through this, may you find light at the end of the tunnel soon and I hope you both can work things out.

Thank u, that's life
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:22am On Aug 10, 2021
lightest:
Good morning,

it's frustrating

Sorry to hear what you are going through...... If your wife sends a letter to the home office, to curtail your visa..... That's curtains !!!!

Unless you have evidence on the contrary to provide enough counter - evidence to fight back.......

What sort of visa do you currently have?......

Have you tried mediation to resolve matters?.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2021
lightest:

working in dependant Tier 2

thank u

Bro keep your head down and avoid confrontation by all means, no verbal or physical abuse and deal with the issue as peaceful as you can.

Move out if you try all you can and she insisted but make an arrangement to be seeing your kids(if kids are involved.

Don't worry about deportation or anything like that because it will be difficult to get that done.

Like i said avoid any form of abuse or physical harm.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
Sorry to hear. For unforeseen situation like this, the process of switching to another category doesn't come cheap.

The cheapest will be to switch to a skilled work / Health visa OR Temporary Worker - Religious Worker visa but you will have to find a sponsor
The easiest is to switch to a student visa
There's Innovator visa (formerly Tier 1 Entrepreneur) but requires lots of investment funds. You can look up Startup visa (don't know if you are eligible)

You can also look up FLR (HRO) but it's a category outside the rules. The chances are slim hence doesn't guarantee approval.

All the best

lightest:
Good morning,

it's frustrating
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Sorry to hear what you are going through...... I[b]f your wife sends a letter to the home office, to curtail your visa..... That's curtains !!!![/b]

Unless you have evidence on the contrary to provide enough counter - evidence to fight back.......

What sort of visa do you currently have?......

Have you tried mediation to resolve matters?.....

Bro its not as easy as you think, my neighbor reported her ex-husband more than a year ago with truck loads of evidence that the marriage is a sham but Homeoffice did nothing and the man has moved in with another woman.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 12:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
Very soon you will be chilling in a beach house, enjoying all the rewards grin

Lexusgs430:

At certain times, to pay mortgage no go sweet me....... Once I see money for my account, nah stock market, my eye's dey shine put......... smiley

Nothing like spare change now ó, any accidental pseudo spare change, go don enter stockmarket, before my brain engage..... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
Necessary evil

wonlasewonimi:

Bros, that tax matter na another thing o.. If I tell you how much I dey pay on tax since the abolition of ir35.. You go go pity me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.