Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1304237 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by babajeje123(m): 11:31am On Aug 11, 2021
oluayebenz:

Nigerian women is very difficult in that part of the world, especially when they are done with you....

OP... Just be positive and try to figure a way out.

I'm sorry but saying Nigerian women are very difficult is over-generalization. Quite a number of them that I have seen here are supportive of their husbands. OP should man up and beg the wife, not for Visa's sake but for the sake of their kids and for peace to reign. Again, may be *her* family members or the person she hold in high esteem should be involved. While at it, don't paint her black. All the best bro

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:37am On Aug 11, 2021
Stereotypes:

My name says it all.
grin Did you miss the pun in my message.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Stereotypes: 11:39am On Aug 11, 2021
dustydee:

grin Did you miss the pun in my message.

I see am well well grin
God EPP me.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 11:40am On Aug 11, 2021
$600M gone. Stay #SAFU

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:45am On Aug 11, 2021
Stereotypes:

I see am well well grin
God EPP me.
Amin. tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dupyshoo: 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
This is untrue. A lot of women support their husbands in the UK even while the men are messing around. At least I know loads of such relationships around me. Have you even heard the wife's part of the story? It is so wrong to say this. There are bad men and women. So let's stop generalising.
oluayebenz:

Nigerian women is very difficult in that part of the world, especially when they are done with you....

OP... Just be positive and try to figure a way out.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dupyshoo: 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2021
Na so o. As if it is very easy to be going through lawyer palaver. I can imagine the stress he will go though and the money he will spend with no guarantee of success. A lot of lawyers are just after money with no clue of what the immigration law says.

My advice for him is to try and reconcile with his wife and also look at this senior care worker route of getting skilled worker visa sponsorship. He might be able to get that done within 6 months.

@RalphJean

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Owlette: 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2021
Hi guys! Please, is there anyone in the Newcastle area or its environs? Pls is the commute from Sunderland to Newcastle doable on a daily basis? Or not just realistic?
I’m having issues with getting accommodation that fit my budget in Newcastle and it’s surrounding areas.
Please any advice will be appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 2:22pm On Aug 11, 2021
wallg123:

If she’s that hard na to use am reconstruct my garage grin
if the OP get money to spend, then let him seek legal advice….but until then a little bit of Justin Bieber “Sorry” is the intimate solution grin

u make me smile bro, she is already having problem. to just like me now. As she has to fix the children in somebodies house to go to work and my kids have insisted they are not staying there.

my kids kept calling me every time even in the mid night

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2021
justwise:

Bro whether you are at fault or she is … this is what I can say to you.

Look after your mental health, don’t let this drain you and affect your job. Speak to people you trust and don’t bottle things as we Africans usually do.

Settle in your new place and maintain a healthy relationship with your kids, if with time things works out between you and your wife good , if not then it’s what it’s . Life goes on.

thank u bro
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2021
Stereotypes:
Relationships don't suddenly disintegrate out of thin air.
Were you caught doing duggeedugeee or were you doing dugeedugee while thinking she didn't know?

How were you both in Nigeria before you ported? If both of you moved from Nigeria,this is her repaying you for all that happened there.I have noticed the women wait till they land and then execute their revenge.

There's no way this marriage was happy and both of you were on the same page.

Very strange that she didn't let you put your name in any document,it means she had been planning this for a while and had checked out since.

How did you not notice?

Don't blame friends,its our usual default pattern when we notice our partner is no longer behaving like the usual default setting.

Your wife doesn't like you anymore and has been erasing you since bit by bit.

Once a woman reaches this stage, she's fed up.

Since its not working, please move on and coparent peacefully for the sake of your children while looking for immigration lawyer.

Chai! You go suffer no be small o! New apartment,visa fees,lawyer fees, bills bills bills .

Pele

Like u said I may be sleeping in the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
dustydee:

looks like you know them personally. Talk about stereotypes. While that might have happened to some, there is no hint or insinuation from his writings here that that is the case. You should not be categorical if you are not sure of the true picture.

my bro, I don't argue with people. all I know is that it is better imagined than experienced.

untill the shoe pinches, that when one will know where it pains.

thank u for ur submmission

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2021
Stereotypes:

My name says it all.

But obviously u are very wrong.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
babajeje123:

I'm sorry but saying Nigerian women are very difficult is over-generalization. Quite a number of them that I have seen here are supportive of their husbands. OP should man up and beg the wife, not for Visa's sake but for the sake of their kids and for peace to reign. Again, may be *her* family members or the person she hold in high esteem should be involved. While at it, don't paint her black. All the best bro

Thank u so much but I have never painted my wife black here.

like people have being advocating a. exploring the alternative dispute resolution.

Have being asured I will collect my visa without her but I want to put my family first.

she too will be facing difficulties to cope with the kids.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by KOVIC19COVID20: 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
dupyshoo:
Na so o. As if it is very easy to be going through lawyer palaver. I can imagine the stress he will go though and the money he will spend with no guarantee of success. A lot of lawyers are just after money with no clue of what the immigration law says.

My advice for him is to try and reconcile with his wife and also look at this senior care worker route of getting skilled worker visa sponsorship. He might be able to get that done within 6 months.

@RalphJean

True
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by babajeje123(m): 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
lightest:

Thank u so much but I have never painted my wife black here.

like people have being advocating a. exploring the alternative dispute resolution.

Have being asured I will collect my visa without her but I want to put my family first.

she too will be facing difficulties to cope with the kids.

God be with you Sir
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
dupyshoo:
This is untrue. A lot of women support their husbands in the UK even while the men are messing around. At least I know loads of such relationships around me. Have you even heard the wife's part of the story? It is so wrong to say this. There are bad men and women. So let's stop generalising.

am sure u don't know me. I don't even keep. friends talk less of keeping women.

Woman will always be woman expecially when they don't want to reason with u

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
babajeje123:

God be with you Sir

Amen, I really appreciate the love u guys have given so far.

u all don't know the value of it all to me
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by descarado: 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2021
lightest:

u make me smile bro, she is already having problem. to just like me now. As she has to fix the children in somebodies house to go to work and my kids have insisted they are not staying there.

It is "our kids" bro lipsrsealed
Our kids.

Hope you don't operate with that mindset
This is not Nigeria

All the best

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by KOVIC19COVID20: 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2021
lightest:

Amen, I really appreciate the love u guys have given so far.

u all don't know the value of it all to me

Be careful with all these people telling you to leave the house and stay alone . Be careful with those people telling you to care about your mental health bla bla bla…

Find a way of appealing to your wife’s conscience. Try & make your marriage to rebound.

All these people telling you about immigration and lawyers etc, I can assure you, they will not give you 1 £ or even 1 pence to hire a lawyer.

Try all you can, to make thinks work with your wife.

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TrumpsWall: 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
Try and try till visa runs out undecided

A sensible person, just like Op is doing, will look at ALL available options tongue

KOVIC19COVID20:

Be careful with all these people telling you to leave the house and stay alone . Be careful with those people telling you to care about your mental health bla bla bla…

Find a way of appealing to your wife’s conscience. Try & make your marriage to rebound.

All these people telling you about immigration and lawyers etc, I can assure you, they will not give you 1 £ or even 1 pence to hire a lawyer.

Try all you can, to make thinks work with your wife.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Stereotypes: 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2021
lightest:

But obviously u are very wrong.

Oga sorry ooo. Pele.
I pray the hand of God touches Madam.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2021
@lightest so sorry you are going through this. Going through your previous posts shows the family just relocated in 2020 to join your wife here and sad to know within such a period things has disintegrated to that level.

One thing I would like to add is involving her family as well or someone she listens to to resolve the issues between you guys(caveat as long as its not DV), if she has a good relationship with your family, let them know as well.

Asides from the visa issues, please consider your 2 kids who will be affected in this situation. Remember they are in a new/strange land and now loosing their familiarity with their known household unit, and their mental health is also important.

Please set aside pride and try and resolve. If possible engage therapist as well to help sort out your issues for you to know what is truly wrong in your union.

All the best.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
descarado:

It is "our kids" bro lipsrsealed
Our kids.

Hope you don't operate with that mindset
This is not Nigeria

All the best

thanks bro Our kids
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lightest(m): 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
fatima04:
@lightest so sorry you are going through this. Going through your previous posts shows the family just relocated in 2020 to join your wife here and sad to know within such a period things has disintegrated to that level.

One thing I would like to add is involving her family as well or someone she listens to to resolve the issues between you guys(caveat as long as its not DV), if she has a good relationship with your family, let them know as well.

Asides from the visa issues, please consider your 2 kids who will be affected in this situation. Remember they are in a new/strange land and now loosing their familiarity with their known household unit, and their mental health is also important.

Please set aside pride and try and resolve. If possible engage therapist as well to help sort out your issues for you to know what is truly wrong in your union.

All the best.

Thank u so much for the love.

the dialogue is going on and I hope it will come to good point.

U guys are really making me to man up.

thanks so much

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
fatima04:

All the best.

This is what sound advice looks like.
Lightest, people like @Fatima04 are the people you should pay more attention, and listen to. This her advise is worth a million ££

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2021
lightest:

Truly single parenthood is no joke in this country especially around childcare .... hopefully it all gets resolve. Each person making amends. Its always best when both parties work together in many areas

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
Chukwuka16:

Nothing happened to gold. What you have online are derivatives/ETFs or paper gold contracts with serious manipulations by JPM and others on Comex (pump and dump) to exit their positions at some profit or reduced margin calls (losses). Leverage on comex is like 1:650 and above. That's crazy!

Basel III is being implemented and that means significantly reduced leverage which will see many paper contracts being closed. Try buying premiums (physical gold like Maple leaf or Kruger etc) and see if it sells for the paper price.

Look to central banks to understand gold. Today, Russia holds more gold reserve than US treasuries. China and India are massively increasing their purchase of gold (mind you, China doesn't export gold mined internally). Even Ghana is diversifying her reserves to include gold while Nigeria is still looking for cow route (I love my country).

I don't think people buy physical gold or silver to trade, they do so as a means of wealth preservation (part of a diversification strategy). There is only so much manipulation that can occur before the Fed (major culprit) loses the plot and we have to rein in the $$ (another Bretton Wood maybe).

If China launches her digital Yuan and backs it with gold, then we can be very sure that a major reorganisation is in the works.

Lastly, the BIS (Bank of International Settlement) more like the central Bank of the world's central banks has this to say about gold - "Physical gold is a first-tier asset that has no counterparty or political risk". So for now it's to keep diversifying with eyes firmly on the debt/bond market - that's the foundation of the world's economy.

So hypothetically, if one of these countries decide to liquidate their gold assets, what price per ounce will be quoted to them. Is there a different price for physical gold?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mrtruetalk: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
@lightest listen up if you have ears.

Most people typing up and down here know how they manage their homes, some men even know how they prostrate to their wives in the middle of the night when no one is there to make things work. So far there isn't any case of domestic violence here, you have to go back home and sort issues out with your wife for the sake of your kids. You are over 40 years old and i believe you should be wiser to know that you don't fully depend on the advise you seek from social media platforms. Refuse to be a victim of the system. You and your wife have come into a system and you need to be strong to pull through the system. Yourself and 3 members of your family must have sacrificed at least £10K to come on this Tier 2 with renewal fees coming up soon and i believe this should be your focus at the moment not you leaving home. The tier 2 system is not an easy one. You both literally work for the system for the said 5 years with huge financial sacrifice. Your MRS is probably tired from work as a nurse and needs your support but unfortunately maybe you are adding your drama as the Baale of Norwich as per your previous post. You probably are not looking to develop yourself either. Additionally, you might no longer appear attractive to your wife, you need to look to improve in all ways and set the example. Many things might be involved for her to lose interest in you. Talk things with her and you would find an answer. Legal fees don't come cheap. I would advise you don't even think of that route.
lightest:

Thank u so much for the love.

the dialogue is going on and I hope it will come to good point.

U guys are really making me to man up.

thanks so much

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2021
RalphJean:

This is what sound advice looks like.
Lightest, people like @Fatima04 are the people you should pay more attention, and listen to. This her advise is worth a million ££

Please how can I get this 1 million pound bayii grin grin. Single parenting and dissolved marriages isn't easy on anyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.