Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306760 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jtech17: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Some jobs check the last 5 years ,some jobs just ask you for reference, some jobs check all.... it all varies

But yes ....they can contact all your previous employers, you will be asked to provide a contact details. So usually emails
thanks so much...

but what if the company folds up and no longer in existence, but I worked there, how can that be verified

and

What if the company you worked for was not registered initially by CAC, like a one man business and you worked with the man for years, but just recently the company was incorporated... won't the date I started working contradict the date the company was incorporated...say I started work with the coy 2016 and the company was incorporated in 2020 ...
these are my situation

I worked in.these two places
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2021
jtech17:
thanks so much...

but what if the company folds up and no longer in existence, but I worked there, how can that be verified

and

What if the company you worked for was not registered initially by CAC, like a one man business and you worked with the man for years, but just recently the company was incorporated... won't the date I started working contradict the date the company was incorporated...say I started work with the coy 2016 and the company was incorporated in 2020 ...
these are my situation

Nah only you waka cum........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:31pm On Aug 16, 2021
jtech17:
thanks so much...

and

these are my situation

Just explain to the employer your constraint with the company no longer in existence, some will take personal references from a Line Manager or supervisor that you reported to back then.

For your second question, references aren't usually that deep (except na CIA or government role), it's largely a documentation process for your file and also protects the employer about due diligence in the event that something happens during the course of your employment.

Just present what you have and you will be fine. Some employers will accept references from official email address while others Just fill and sign and others need a signed and stamped references on companies letterhead

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Brimmie(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2021
dupyshoo:
Only family members that trust you can help as it means if you don't pay, the guarantor would have to pay. It's a very risky thing to do.

It might be easier for you to request to pay more months of rent.

TheGuyFromHR:

As the previous poster said, only close friends or family who trust you implicitly will stand guarantor for you.
Offer to pay additional months' rent upfront.

tushqueen:

If you are on a tier 2 visa, you can use your manager at work, but for tier 4, you can use anyone you know in the UK who is willing to vouch for you even if he does not live in your county. Just know that whoever you fill in will be contacted via call or mail during reference check before you get the house

Thanks everyone.

I’m on Tier 4 (Student Visa) and I don’t have anyone in the UK. The only option for me now is to offer to pay additional months’ rent upfront. I just hope the agent would agree.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Nah only you waka cum........ grin
Cumendable cumraid grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jtech17: 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
fatima04:

Just explain to the employer your constraint with the company no longer in existence, some will take personal references from a Line Manager or supervisor that you reported to back then.

For your second question, references aren't usually that deep (except na CIA or government role), it's largely a documentation process for your file and also protects the employer about due diligence in the event that something happens during the course of your employment.

Just present what you have and you will be fine. Some employers will accept references from official email address while others Just fill and sign and others need a signed and stamped references on companies letterhead

BULL'S EYE smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Richdee1(m): 11:53pm On Aug 16, 2021
Fiestafetta:

Maybe you can mail me so I can give you her contact. I don't know how she registered but I know that she is a member of national association of social workers of Nigeria and she is paying her dues and have also renewed her registration for this year..... She wouldn't want me to drop her contact here

I just did sir, you can reply me
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dupyshoo: 11:58pm On Aug 16, 2021
I guess you think references and guarantors are the same. Please try to note the difference so that if someone ask you to be a guarantor, you will know what you are getting into.
tushqueen:

If you are on a tier 2 visa, you can use your manager at work, but for tier 4, you can use anyone you know in the UK who is willing to vouch for you even if he does not live in your county. Just know that whoever you fill in will be contacted via call or mail during reference check before you get the house
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olaness: 5:56am On Aug 17, 2021
We'll soon jand. Only a few weeks left. I want to carry some Red/Palm Oil, dried vegetables and medicines.

How best can I pack these so that they will not raise any issues or be removed while being checked in?

All helpful advice from travel experts in the house please?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 7:03am On Aug 17, 2021
dupyshoo:
I guess you think references and guarantors are the same. Please try to note the difference so that if someone ask you to be a guarantor, you will know what you are getting into.

Yea you are right, work reference is different from guarantor. Thank you!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 7:10am On Aug 17, 2021
olaness:
We'll soon jand. Only a few weeks left. I want to carry some Red/Palm Oil, dried vegetables and medicines.

How best can I pack these so that they will not raise any issues or be removed while being checked in?

Freeze the palm oil

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 8:22am On Aug 17, 2021
Kayla2021:

Hello,
I am new to this forum. Please i did my biometrics on Friday,on my undergraduate certificate and waec,one of my names was omitted, however on my transcript,it was included and my passport has all three names , I did an affidavit ,but, the school rep(agent) that assisted me forgot to upload my affidavit for reconciliation of name. Should I be worried?

Unless it is your surname that was omitted, there are no consequences to this. As long as the your surname is on all documents and one other name is consistent and correctly spelt throughout, you have no problems.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Fiestafetta: 9:17am On Aug 17, 2021
Richdee1:

I just did sir, you can reply me

I didn't get it... Here is my email. Fiestafetta@gmail.com.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ticha: 9:24am On Aug 17, 2021
tushqueen:

Guarantor needs to show proof of income for at least 3 months and will be liable for the rent if not paid - could potentially lead to CCJs and a ruined credit record. That is way above the call of duty o!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2021
olaness:

Just leave the poil behind....... Plenty poil sellers boku for UK............

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Leleky: 10:45am On Aug 17, 2021
Please, educate me on Day 2,
Day 5 and Day 8 test.
Will the payment be made during application or before travelling or in UK?
TELL more about TEST TO RELEASE SCHEME. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2021
Leleky:
Please, educate me on Day 2,
Day 5 and Day 8 test.
Will the payment be made during application or before travelling or in UK?
TELL more about TEST TO RELEASE SCHEME. Thanks for your anticipated response.
You are to make payment for Day 2 and Day 8 tests before leaving 9ja, it is compulsory. The day 5 test (test to release) is optional and allows you to end your quarantine early, on the 6th day if your result comes out Negative.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uk2020: 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2021
Good day everyone! I need advice, particularly from the tech gurus in the house. I just got an offer for a 10 week Microsoft Azure Cloud Engineer training programme.

It costs £1950.
Includes 2 certification exams
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals and
Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate AZ-104
It's instructor led and comes with a lot of projects and course assessments.
I am told, I am guaranteed 2 interviews with prospective employers.

Is this a good offer?
Is there a sizeable demand for Azure Cloud Engineers, is this an investment worth £2000?
Are there better alternatives, e.g., AWS, etc.

Thanks in advance...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2021
olaness:

Palm oil is sold in almost every African shop in the UK. I don't think it worth the trouble going with what can pour and stain everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by inzenita: 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
Dear all,
Please i intend coming to Teeside University for masters in public health.
How is life there in Teeside in terms of affordability of accommodation, availability of student jobs and menial jobs?
And how lucrative is public health in UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rhitar19: 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
Richdee1:

Hehehehe, it would be nice if you to go back few pages and check who quoted you not to buy a car, I'm not the one ooo. Abeg, I only quoted you cos I'm a social worker in my finals and also have plans of leaving this country and also need clarifications on how you secured your funding and how you applied

Would love to get infos from you, can you drop your number or Email? Thanks

TheGuyfromHR

Hello. I applied on my school’s website (university of Kent). It is pretty straight forward. I was asked to upload a personal statement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rhitar19: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Do you understand UK traffic laws?......
Do you have a full UK driving licence?.......
Have you factored in cost of insurance?......

E no be like Nigeria, wey una go just put car for road (without due diligence)......... grin

I have thought about all what you said. I will not be buying any car. I don’t know why they want to make it compulsory for everybody.....and I am an international student... mtcheeeeew
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
Rhitar19:

I have thought about all what you said. I will not be buying any car. I don’t know why they want to make it compulsory for everybody.....and I am an international student... mtcheeeeew

Driving a car, would be much easier than jumping on buses, tubes and trains, to attend placements.......

Compulsory, due to convenience.... You would have to wake up much much much much much much...... cheesy
Earlier than a driver, get home much later etc etc.....

Spend good time commuting, whilst drivers are resting and utilising saved times etc etc......

So you see..... They truly love you........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
dustydee:

If you leave it late, the chances are that most of the positions will be filled already and the remaining ones may be companies that are reluctant to sponsor. I also got my Engineering role before I finished my masters and I know several others in my school too who got jobs aafter our first semester. Just make sure you utilise your schools' career services and open your eyes.

@ dustydee what if after my masters degree, paraventure I didn't get the big company jobs, and I managed to get a job with a company that is reluctant to sponsor my visa, you know by that time I have my 2 years PSW to stay in the UK, can I change companies/job within a short time, if I get another job with a company willing to sponsor my visa while still on that unsponsored visa job... wont that affect my CV or won't it affect me one way or the other?

Response From gurus in the house will also be welcomed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by inzenita: 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
inzenita:
Dear all,
Please i intend coming to Teeside University for masters in public health.
How is life there in Teeside in terms of affordability of accommodation, availability of student jobs and menial jobs?
And how lucrative is public health in UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ipassu: 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hello House,
Has anyone transited through Frankfurt airport to Nigeria recently? I need to confirm if I need a transit visa as Nigeria is listed on the exemption list of countries with transit privileges in Germany.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 6:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Uk2020:
Good day everyone! I need advice, particularly from the tech gurus in the house. I just got an offer for a 10 week Microsoft Azure Cloud Engineer training programme.

It costs £1950.

Is this a good offer?
Is there a sizeable demand for Azure Cloud Engineers, is this an investment worth £2000?

Thanks in advance...
£2,000 is a lot of money.

Do you have any experience in tech?
Who’s the provider of this service?

Also note that interview guarantee is different from job guarantee. I’ll suggest you ask more questions so you know your prospects if you do go ahead with the certification course.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 6:40pm On Aug 17, 2021
Bronzedigger:

@ dustydee what if after my masters degree, paraventure I didn't get the big company jobs, and I managed to get a job with a company that is reluctant to sponsor my visa, you know by that time I have my 2 years PSW to stay in the UK, can I change companies/job within a short time, if I get another job with a company willing to sponsor my visa while still on that unsponsored visa job... wont that affect my CV or won't it affect me one way or the other?

Response From gurus in the house will also be welcomed
You can change jobs.
How will changing jobs to a company willing to sponso your visa affect your CV?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2021
Uk2020:

It costs £1950.

Is this a good offer?

Thanks in advance...

Bro, I have more than 7 Azure / Microsoft 365 Certs, talk to me. Think i just passed my 10th one last week

Please do not in heaven or hell pay 2K for fundamentals and Azure Admin, shey you dey whine me ni

Hahan., daylight robbery

Let me get home, ill type comprehensively on PC

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2021
Olalekank:

£2,000 is a lot of money.

Do you have any experience in tech?
Who’s the provider of this service?

Also note that interview guarantee is different from job guarantee. I’ll suggest you ask more questions so you know your prospects if you do go ahead with the certification course.

He should please not do it

They're mental!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Samopex05: 6:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
Are there any neighbouring countries my wife and I can visit with our visas (student & student dependent).

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.