Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1302084 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Brimmie(m): 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hello Everyone!

Please, I’m trying to book British Airways return ticket so I can access PTA. Is it advisable I book from third-party like Wakanow? Or I should use their website directly? My issue with the website is that you can only pay in USD not Naira.

Help please.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Khemmie01: 12:26am On Aug 18, 2021
You can book directly.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Dumebi213: 12:37am On Aug 18, 2021
Good day everyone,

feels good to move to this thread
'
I recently just got my visa and should be traveling this weekend, is there anyone who has traveled recently and they isolated in a city that isn't their final destination?

Final destination is Edinburgh but I want to Isolate with a family friend in London
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 5:25am On Aug 18, 2021
Bronzedigger:

One Ghana fine boy like this... abi... I done see am for her some of her videos... but d guy never put ring for her hand na...besides me n she dey naija.. the boyfriend dey Ghana... grin grin grin grin.. according to speed Darlington:TEREREN

Until the boy nack you shot for yansh before you go know say oga na master grin

No worry, you go see many fine mamalets for UK wey set pass am wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 5:27am On Aug 18, 2021
Bronzedigger:

Aswear na eem make IT taya me... I just dey force myself... no be say I no fit learn am oo.. but I dey look say you need to know more dan one thing in it to succeed.. ok see you now... see how many azure packages you done cover.. when me be drop out for az 900..shey na me won follow person like you go compete for interview

E no mean actually. You go at your own pace

It's a bit easy for me though, cos i work with it everyday
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ticha: 5:51am On Aug 18, 2021
umarwy:
Help

United Utilities have my contact details (Email, Old and New Home address, mobile).

I pay my bills on monthly DD and had it set up for ages.

I recently received this email from collection agency. and I got same email today as well.
[center]
CCS Ref: 19997821

Go to their website and call the number on the website rather the one in the email. Also call United Utilities and check that you don't have any outstanding bills.

Dear F_Name L_Name

We are attempting to contact you on behalf of United Utilities Water Ltd regarding an important personal matter.

Please contact us as soon as possible on 020 8665 4905.

Opening times: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 6:30pm.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards
[/center]

I ignored the first one as I know say I no owe anybody sisi.

now i got the email again and i dont know how to proceed.

Help.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Raalsalghul: 8:08am On Aug 18, 2021
Bronzedigger:

Thank you so so much I am really happy I'm getting somewhere... I also had a 2.1 in my under graduate... but please can I ask more questions:
1. how was it like coping with your first ENGINEERING job while doing your msc,
2. was it like your were doing any part time job at that time before the ENGINEERING job,
3. is it possible to do an ENGINEERING job part time?
4. I'm in my early 30s hope that won'tbe an issue when applying for graduate jobs?

I'm not coming in this September but next year January

can I get the link to the materials of competency questions

I like the fact that you're asking the necessary questions.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Raalsalghul: 8:12am On Aug 18, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Ẹ be like say Nigeria don RED........ cheesy
Una never know wetin dey happen.

Most people just want to leave and ask questions later.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Raalsalghul: 8:28am On Aug 18, 2021
Regex:

Honestly, it is so appalling. I would never marry nor advise anyone to marry a Nigerian and bring her over to the UK or any gynocentric country.

Bros, abeg off your mic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by rayralph(m): 8:58am On Aug 18, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 9:29am On Aug 18, 2021
hustla:

Until the boy nack you shot for yansh before you go know say oga na master grin

No worry, you go see many fine mamalets for UK wey set pass am wink
no lele ... but deyvsay s bird in hand is worth more dan 1000 in the Bush... let's start with who dey naija.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 9:30am On Aug 18, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Bros, abeg off your mic.
Shey na ZOOM meeting eem dey...lol grin grin grin grin grin grin
Different things works for different people... nothing is assured even person wey dey obodo oyibo can do you strong thing.. nato find butter person ... n problem minimised ad mitigated
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 9:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Raalsalghul:

I like the fact that you're asking the necessary questions.
yes oo.. I've heard stories of ppl who went to do masters in field they don't know doesn't sell in the UK and dey are regretting... Cos to prolong their stay now na to go for another degree or...na to marry go be d next option n some marry the wrong ppl because no time to date n check out qualities of partners oo.. n HOME OFFICE tag dat as MARRIAGE FOR CONVENIENCE.... even if I wanna marry.... it should be for love n not because visa go soon espaya ..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 9:43am On Aug 18, 2021
hustla:

E no mean actually. You go at your own pace

It's a bit easy for me though, cos i work with it everyday
dats the reason it was challenging for me... I don't have an AVENUE to work with it.. even when I learn AUTOCAD n SKETCHUP as well as VRAY .. I didn't get a job to practice n master the skill properly... naso I take forget wetin I len oo... infact Nepa work wey I do kill the career even more... you don't gain any transferable skill dere... na how to collect money with force be the only thing person go sabi

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Raalsalghul: 9:51am On Aug 18, 2021
Bronzedigger:
yes oo.. I've heard stories of ppl who went to do masters in field they don't know doesn't sell in the UK and dey are regretting... Cos to prolong their stay now na to go for another degree or...na to marry go be d next option n some marry the wrong ppl because no time to date n check out qualities of partners oo.. n HOME OFFICE tag dat as MARRIAGE FOR CONVENIENCE.... even if I wanna marry.... it should be for love n not because visa go soon espaya ..

You are absolutely right.

The U.K has made it somewhat easy for students to come study, but hard for them to stay back after studies. Vice versa is the case for Canada.

One has to start thinking about the end in mind especially after the expiration of the post study visa.

From my research, these are the options I've narrowed it down to.

1. Get a Tier 2 sponsored job, outside I.T and Healthcare, other people who seemed to have clinched it seems to be based on luck/favor/grace.

2. Marriage.

3. Moving to other countries: I feel this is the most viable option.

I'm welcome to other suggestions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2021
Raalsalghul:

You are absolutely right.

The U.K has made it somewhat easy for students to come study, but hard for them to stay back after studies. Vice versa is the case for Canada.

One has to start thinking about the end in mind especially after the expiration of the post study visa.

From my research, these are the options I've narrowed it down to.

1. Get a Tier 2 sponsored job, outside I.T and Healthcare, other people who seemed to have clinched it seems to be based on luck/favor/grace.

2. Marriage.

3. Moving to other countries: I feel this is the most viable option.

I'm welcome to other suggestions.

For now I will go with options 1 & 2 ... relocating get as e be... new environs and challenges wont make me reason 3 for now.... and you forgot to add options 4. Which is reschooling to get another degree... man I'm of age to marry n had it been naija favor me I for done marry since ... so guy I go do d masters n do d dating together... one reason I'm coming for a 2 years masters is to have ample of time to hustle for money to pay the tuition loan I go collect and have savings set aside, and ample of time to know who I'm dating better... den by God's grace marriage den a sponsored ENGINEERING job as bonus ... before or after marriage
My thoughts though ... I don't know if I'm wrong on this route make gurus align me well

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ardamz: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2021
you can "book on hold" then give them a call, and they will give you a naira equivalent to pay, or you pay their offices (if easily accesible and at cost) and you can also do the third party option if you know that no jupiter will make you change your travel plans to avoid being pushed back and forth.
Brimmie:
Hello Everyone!

Please, I’m trying to book British Airways return ticket so I can access PTA. Is it advisable I book from third-party like Wakanow? Or I should use their website directly? My issue with the website is that you can only pay in USD not Naira.

Help please.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Raalsalghul: 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2021
Bronzedigger:

For now I will go with options 1 & 2 ... relocating get as e be... new environs and challenges wont make me reason 3 for now.... and you forgot to add options 4. Which is reschooling to get another degree... man I'm of age to marry n had it been naija favor me I for done marry since ... so guy I go do d masters n do d dating together... one reason I'm coming for a 2 years masters is to have ample of time to hustle for money to pay the tuition loan I go collect and have savings set aside, and ample of time to know who I'm dating better... den by God's grace marriage den a sponsored ENGINEERING job as bonus ... before or after marriage
My thoughts though ... I don't know if I'm wrong on this route make gurus align me well

Hmm, is it possible for someone to go for another course immediately after finishing one?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Iruosonobrugwhe: 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
just fill in your planned isolation address in the passenger locator form and stay there so contact and trace can meet you if they need you.
Dumebi213:
Good day everyone,

feels good to move to this thread
'
I recently just got my visa and should be traveling this weekend, is there anyone who has traveled recently and they isolated in a city that isn't their final destination?

Final destination is Edinburgh but I want to Isolate with a family friend in London
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 3:08pm On Aug 18, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Hmm, is it possible for someone to go for another course immediately after finishing one?
was told so.. but I believe gurus in the house can shed more light on it
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Dumebi213: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2021
Iruosonobrugwhe:
just fill in your planned isolation address in the passenger locator form and stay there so contact and trace can meet you if they need you.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Sohot: 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2021
Hi guys , I am about to renew my tier 2 visa but noticed that there was a place where I could include "unmarried partner " in my visa application .I am engaged in Naija and this was done after I had received my visa last year .Will adding this to my current renewal increase the credibility of my marriage by the time I get married to her and present documents to bring her over?
I have also been hearing these rumours about ikoyi registry being the one they accept though I wouldn't want to think that is true.
Should I just still say I m single in this current application and then when I get married later in the year start processing her documents
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Suzzy333: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2021
Pls can u send me a link on the university u got admission for your masters in social work. It is same course I want to go for. Pls
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2021
Bronzedigger:
no lele ... but deyvsay s bird in hand is worth more dan 1000 in the Bush... let's start with who dey naija.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oya enter Abuja

grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2021
Bronzedigger:
dats the reason it was challenging for me... I don't have an AVENUE to work with it.. even when I learn AUTOCAD n SKETCHUP as well as VRAY .. I didn't get a job to practice n master the skill properly... naso I take forget wetin I len oo... infact Nepa work wey I do kill the career even more... you don't gain any transferable skill dere... na how to collect money with force be the only thing person go sabi

True though
No lies detected
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2021
Bronzedigger:

Mentioned doing sensible courses o the other thread but it seems many people are looking at japa and not planning the end of the japa itself

They'll probably delve into other fields later most likely though

IT/Health care na in sure pass as of now

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by seunmarytemi(f): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2021
Josh121:

Thank you so much , I was talking about dried fish, stock fish and crayfish and Garri, I am not a draw person so ogbono is a no, egusi will be the master in this all
Wish you best of luck sir, kindly remember us in your kingdom.
Since we are not allowed to post ad here.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
hustla:

Mentioned doing sensible courses o the other thread but it seems many people are looking at japa and not planning the end of the japa itself

They'll probably delve into other fields later most likely though

IT/Health care na in sure pass as of now
Ya they are the hottest but everyone can't be in IT/Health care ... many people don't have the background that can make them get admission in those 2 field ... someone who studied law/sociology/accounting/urban n regional planning
etc can't be advised to branch to IT/Health care

How do you advise people in these field even if there is a way out to even branch to IT/Health care ... what are the steps to be taken... as most of dem will be in a state of tabularaza in IT/Health care
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by elisinho(m): 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2021
Please how much does day 5 test to release cost
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2021
Bronzedigger:

Ya they are the hottest but everyone can't be in IT/Health care ... many people don't have the background that can make them get admission in those 2 field ... someone who studied law/sociology/accounting/urban n regional planning
etc can't be advised to branch to IT/Health care

How do you advise people in these field even if there is a way out to even branch to IT/Health care ... what are the steps to be taken... as most of dem will be in a state of tabularaza in IT/Health care

True. Not everyone will like IT/Health care

I think accounting guys too can get stuff easily sha.. They can easily switch to some other areas that will help them stay

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
hustla:

True. Not everyone will like IT/Health care

I think accounting guys too can get stuff easily sha.. They can easily switch to some other areas that will help them stay
ok... even I myself will be opting for an msc in MECHATRONICS a branch of MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.. integrating MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, AUTOMATION and COMPUTER/IT knowledge together... from there with work experience I go dey shift enter ROBOTICS/DRONE technology....

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.