Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1306707 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uk2020: 6:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
Olalekank:

£2,000 is a lot of money.

Do you have any experience in tech?
Who’s the provider of this service?

Also note that interview guarantee is different from job guarantee. I’ll suggest you ask more questions so you know your prospects if you do go ahead with the certification course.

My tech experiences are front-end development and data analysis. I think I need to ask more questions. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uk2020: 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
hustla:

Bro, I have more than 7 Azure / Microsoft 365 Certs, talk to me. Think i just passed my 10th one last week

Please do not in heaven or hell pay 2K for fundamentals and Azure Admin, shey you dey whine me ni

Hahan., daylight robbery

Let me get home, ill type comprehensively on PC

Hmm... how's the job market? Is there a huge demand for cloud engineers?
Will be looking forward to your comment.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Samopex05:
Are there any neighbouring countries my wife and I can visit with our visas (student & student dependent).

ALL EU.. Apply for a Schengen visa. Your visa covers UK only. You can visit Nothern Ireland as well.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
hustla:

He should please not do it

They're mental!
grin grin grin even me self come dey reason say no b wetin dem fit do online? I did a bit of Microsoft azure az 900 with LSTEF it was strictly online, I also did a bit of UI/UX with ZURI online too and it was free... oo he should do the thing online and he should get a github account as well as figma account to upload his little little project... I think azure should have their own platform for uploading projects... my thoughts though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 7:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Samopex05:
Are there any neighbouring countries my wife and I can visit with our visas (student & student dependent).

Schengen / Europe wink

Barcelona is close-by
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
dustydee:

You can change jobs.
How will changing jobs to a company willing to sponso your visa affect your CV?

Thanks .... na naija eye I take dey look things .. its Just dat I feel its somehow putting a company you work in for like 2 months in a CV..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
Some people sef sad undecided
Waiting for people to tell you which neighbouring countries you can visit with UK visa. Is that not mental laziness? Let’s not abuse people’s willingness to help, abeg.
Google is there for a reason, that’s if you did not already know that your UK visa is only meant for UK.
Back to minding my business, biko lipsrsealed

15 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
hustla:

Schengen / Europe wink

Barcelona is close-by

With UK study visa? cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2021
icon8:

With UK study visa? cool

Yes.

Any doubts?

Even boys on study visa for Turkey dey enter France etc
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by OBYNOWEST12(m): 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2021
Trying to track my passport, using the DHL tracking number provided by TLS IKEJA,

THis is what am seeing when I click on track after putting in the number.

** Sorry, your tracking attempt was not successful. Please check your tracking number ***

What is the cause ?, have checked the number very well is correct.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2021
hustla:

Yes.

Any doubts?

Even boys on study visa for Turkey dey enter France etc

You get mouth sir tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
icon8:

With UK study visa? cool

Next thing they will find themselves at MMA

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
icon8:

You get mouth sir tongue

undecided
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2021
deept:

Next thing they will find themselves at MMA

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
Uk2020:
Good day everyone! I need advice, particularly from the tech gurus in the house. I just got an offer for a 10 week Microsoft Azure Cloud Engineer training programme.

It costs £1950.
Includes 2 certification exams
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals and
Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate AZ-104
It's instructor led and comes with a lot of projects and course assessments.
I am told, I am guaranteed 2 interviews with prospective employers.

Is this a good offer?
Is there a sizeable demand for Azure Cloud Engineers, is this an investment worth £2000?
Are there better alternatives, e.g., AWS, etc.

Thanks in advance...

Long story short, its too expensive. Worth it? Maybe relative

Bottom line is what they will teach you for £2000 can be found online on Udemy (if you can pay for courses) or torrent (If you are looking to save money grin) and Youtube for free

During the lockdown, Microsoft was literally handing out free vouchers to people for attending their official trainings online - I got like 10 free vouchers and even dashed some out grin

(Training can be found here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trainingdays ) - look for one that has available registration dates and join

You can also learn free on Youtube - there are tons of free resources on there, na you go tire. Check out Azure Academy on Youtube, subscribe to them or follow this playlist -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPEsD6n9A_I&list=PLGjZwEtPN7j-Q59JYso3L4_yoCjj2syrM

Azure Fundamentals is entry level, very easy to grasp as long as you have some interest. Azure Admin is relatively harder than Azure fundamentals but it can be done

You can apply what I have said above too, or pay for Udemy videos with a defined Azure Admin part, pay for those ones with 4.5 stars and above like Scott Duffy etc

Is this a good offer? Hell No. Na person like me them go say make I train you sef grin

Is there a sizeable demand for Azure Cloud Engineers? Yes. especially in devOps / Security / Office 365

For devOps sef, job go tire you and they pay very well. I have seen plenty £65,000 on LinkedIn and occasional £100K
(DevOps is not easy but it can be done. Even naija boys for my office wey dey do join man job dey cash out 500 - 1.2M per month off devOps)

is this an investment worth £2000? No
You can invest literally $0 if you use Youtube and Microsoft Learning. A few 100 bucks if you use Udemy (Udemy content creators update their videos so you are more up to date with the technology)

Are there better alternatives, e.g., AWS, etc.
Yes, if you understand Azure, AWS wont be all that hard for you as they are mostly same but with different names for their services. AWS also did offer free trainings during the lockdown and a voucher. Got their voucher and passed their cloud practitioner exam grin

AWS is more developer inclined and as it seems you have some frontend experience, you will probably like it. AWS has the most market base out of all the 3 Cloud giants though but Azure is more user friendly, easy to use

Google's GCP is also another alternative and they seem to pay well cos many people dont look at their side like the 2 Cloud giants in Azure/AWS

You can DM me if you need further guidance; free of course smiley

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
Bronzedigger:

na chidera Peter's na.. yes yes I like am ...LOL you wan link me up with am?? I know say she dey Nigeria now for abuja

wink

She get boyfriend ooo, e dey UK grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
Bronzedigger:

grin grin grin even me self come dey reason say no b wetin dem fit do online? I did a bit of Microsoft azure az 900 with LSTEF it was strictly online, I also did a bit of UI/UX with ZURI online too and it was free... oo he should do the thing online and he should get a github account as well as figma account to upload his little little project... I think azure should have their own platform for uploading projects... my thoughts though

Wetin you no know pass you

Yeah, azure will likely have

smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Uk2020:

Hmm... how's the job market? Is there a huge demand for cloud engineers?
Will be looking forward to your comment.

I have answered everything comprehensively sir

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Josh121(m): 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hello house, pls how much food stuffs should Be taken to the UK ooo we are family of 4 and we have enough baggage space ooo
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uk2020: 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2021
hustla:

I have answered everything comprehensively sir

smiley

Wow!! You really did grin grin

Please be on the look out for my DM.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2021
hustla:

wink

She get boyfriend ooo, e dey UK grin

One Ghana fine boy like this... abi... I done see am for her some of her videos... but d guy never put ring for her hand na...besides me n she dey naija.. the boyfriend dey Ghana... grin grin grin grin.. according to speed Darlington:TEREREN
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by canadaishome: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2021
My family and I are heading to Aberdeen.

RGU

Any tips on living in Aberdeen would be welcome smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bronzedigger(m): 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
hustla:

Wetin you no know pass you

Yeah, azure will likely have

smiley

Aswear na eem make IT taya me... I just dey force myself... no be say I no fit learn am oo.. but I dey look say you need to know more dan one thing in it to succeed.. ok see you now... see how many azure packages you done cover.. when me be drop out for az 900..shey na me won follow person like you go compete for interview
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
Josh121:
Hello house, pls how much food stuffs should Be taken to the UK ooo we are family of 4 and we have enough baggage space ooo

No matter the bags of food stuffs, e go still finish. I advise just the basic dried fish, egusi, ogbono, crayfish, grounded pepper, and preferred raw swallow. any other thing may not be worth it unless getting it for free from naija. You can add golden Morn cereal and powdered milk if your kids like it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Josh121(m): 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2021
fatima04:

No matter the bags of food stuffs, e go still finish. I advise just the basic dried fish, egusi, ogbono, crayfish, grounded pepper, and preferred raw swallow. any other thing may not be worth it unless getting it for free from naija. You can add golden Morn cereal and powdered milk if your kids like it

Thank you so much , I was talking about dried fish, stock fish and crayfish and Garri, I am not a draw person so ogbono is a no, egusi will be the master in this all
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by imback(m): 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hi house,

Has anyone gotten a police character (good conduct) certificate from Nigeria while being here in the UK?

How did you go about it? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
Help

United Utilities have my contact details (Email, Old and New Home address, mobile).

I pay my bills on monthly DD and had it set up for ages.

I recently received this email from collection agency. and I got same email today as well.
[center]
CCS Ref: 19997821

Dear F_Name L_Name

We are attempting to contact you on behalf of United Utilities Water Ltd regarding an important personal matter.

Please contact us as soon as possible on 020 8665 4905.

Opening times: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 6:30pm.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards
[/center]

I ignored the first one as I know say I no owe anybody sisi.

now i got the email again and i dont know how to proceed.

Help.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2021
umarwy:
Help

United Utilities have my contact details (Email, Old and New Home address, mobile).

I pay my bills on monthly DD and had it set up for ages.

I recently received this email from collection agency. and I got same email today as well.
[center]
CCS Ref: 19997821

Dear F_Name L_Name

We are attempting to contact you on behalf of United Utilities Water Ltd regarding an important personal matter.

Please contact us as soon as possible on 020 8665 4905.

Opening times: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 6:30pm.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards
[/center]

I ignored the first one as I know say I no owe anybody sisi.

now i got the email again and i dont know how to proceed.

Help.
Maybe you should call UU themselves to find out if this is true. And you can proceed with that info.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.