Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? (14024 Views)

Poll: Should They?

Yes: 81% (71 votes)
No: 18% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids / Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! / Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by stagger: 12:05pm On Mar 22, 2010
idifu:

i need a Uzi where can i get onesmiley

My brother, where in Naija do u want to get an Uzi, a weapon that fires 900 rounds a minute?

It is an Israeli made weapon. GO to Israel and tell them you want to flush out extremists.

Maybe they will give you one. grin
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by D1KeleVra(m): 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2010
@Topic

YES!!! For any or both reasons:
i) Threats posed to his family.
ii) Threats posed to his peace by the wife
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by sulad82i(m): 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2010
D1KeleVra:

@Topic

i)  Threats posed to his family.

What!??
Threat by your wife? So u mean u'll be in a defensive mode cos of your wife.
I better know who u r so u don't marry any of my relatives.
your family should be your number one people to protect not try to kill.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 22, 2010
sulad82i:

What!??
your family should be your number one people to protect not try kill.
LOL!
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by D1KeleVra(m): 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2010
sulad82i:

What!??
your family should be your number one people to protect not try to kill. 

YES!!! Armed to the teeth. . . grenades, shotguns and revolvers. . . stashed in my secret basement
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by peacettw: 5:51pm On Mar 22, 2010
Of course! But only when the kids are all grown up. You definitely do not want Junior blasting off elder sis cerebrum just cos she didn't give him the remote control to the tv.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by kabukabu(m): 4:05am On Mar 23, 2010
Yes,Every homeowner has the right to own a firearm,preferrably a couple of shotguns,automatic rifle and back up handgun,Nigeria is lawless.

When I lived in Delta,our whole street was robbed house by house one night,by about 15 robbers,they shot the trader in the first house,abused his wife,took his car then moved to the second house,entered the guys safe and took 5 million naira,our house was the fourth by the time they got to us,the chief who lived down the street came with his boys releasing multiple gunshots,the robbers fled.

When I left,some thugs came to my house and accousted my mother with a gun.Never again.

I live in the US now and now that I have seen the difference,when I build back home,it is multiple guns and dogs for me,not those stupid market dogs that don't hear come,well trained Rottwiellers and Doberman Pinscher trained in Dutch or French,full video surveillance with infra red and motion sensors,remote hi intensity security lights and secret self contained room.No security company is trustworthy in Nigeria unless you hire foreigners like libyans or egyptians.

To prevent carjacking,drive everywhere with your dogs in the back,at least they will think twice,You only live once,folks you can't work hard all your life for some thugs to put a gun in between your eyes,asking if you want to live or die, only a coward lives like that.

If I don't pack a pistol when going out at least I will have a taser,stun gun and dogs.

If you have a gun target practice for Gods sake,its useless if you are too scared to use it,Nigeria has enough wild bushes for this.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Profdoom: 9:24am On Mar 23, 2010
Hell Yeah
Everybody will fucking behave
Armed detterance,Police or armed robbers wont Bleep with me,because they are scared i might be carrying 1 and about the safety of the weapon,buy a safe where only u knows the combination and keep it there sefini
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Ahaiweh(f): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2010
kids, no kids, real man or not, single or married, a gun is a must hav in nigeria. Not an AK, just a cute silver shinny pistol. Hmmmm
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by MyJoe: 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2010
InesQor:

NO! A man shouldn't have a gun, he should have GUNS in his house, a full arsenal. All licensed, though, otherwise you are on your own!

Besides, he should have an electrified fence issuing with sparks, with bright neon lights warning people off the fence at risk of instant death by electrocution. Only foolhardy criminals will ignore that. The fence will be automatically activated every night but can be deactivated from indoors if you have late night visitors.

He should have at least 4 thoroughbred well-trained guard-dogs to man, in the least, the corners of the house.

If he is designing the house himself, he should have set out to have an underground chamber secretly connecting to all the bedrooms, no matter how small the chamber is, so that at the first indication of trouble, the family, or at least the weaker members of the family can go and hide underground first of all. Lives are more important than possessions.

There should be a tamper-proof alarm on the fence, connected to a mobile phone, that calls the police immediately the security is breached. We know that Nigerian Police will take their time, but at least let them arrive to clear up the mess.

You should have solid steel doors and bulletproof glass windows. Unfortunately, a good dose of a 92% concentrated sulfuric acid is enough to tear down the steel door, and as for the glass, the acid will make it possible to heave it inwards because the glass particles will dissociate. Transparent kevlar composites are currently being researched, and they may be used in lieu of real glass.

By the time the criminals breach the security and they are handling the dogs, and before they get to the steel doors to tear it down with acid, the man has sent his family to the underground chambers and geared himself up for a battle.

The house design will incorporate a pipe that leads into the lounge (the place where the robbers will get to before they can force their way into the main house). this lounge will have a retractable steel door that can glide smoothly across to shut itself. So when they get past the first steel door, they are in the lounge, and stepping in will activate the steel door, it will slide across and shut them in the lounge, then canisters of sleeping gas will be tossed in through the pipes. I doubt that they would be prepared with gas masks, but JUST in case we have any tough daredevils who manage to get past that as well and break past the lounge, the man of the house would be waiting for them in the living room, wearing his own gas mask.

The lights in the living room will be off, and the lounge is flooded with light so as the robbers stumble out of the gasified area they can hardly see you but you can see them clearly. From the owner's dark position of advantage, he can start taking them out. Shoot all their hands, arms, and legs and render them useless!!!

By this time, the police should have arrived, otherwise, just activate the last hidden security door locking the robbers in the living room, go underground to finish your sleep and in the morning we'll know who's the robbers' daddy.  grin

But most of all, the family needs to have absolute faith in God so that any of the machinery does not jam someday. cheesy

Jeez! Was planning to come rob your house this weekend. Got to find some place else. sad

3 Likes

Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by D1KeleVra(m): 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2010
tehehehe grin this dude must have some fine a$$ daughters
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by InesQor(m): 6:42pm On Mar 23, 2010
@MyJoe: LOL You are welcome, you will be given first-class treatment! LOLz cheesy cheesy grin

@D1Kelevra: If you're talking to me, you can count on that! though I don't have kids yet. LOL.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Iranoladun(f): 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2010
I'm a woman.

@topic I'd say yes a man should have a gun in the house.in addition to a gun to move around with (a pistol) and ditto for a woman.

If you have ever been robbed in your house or in your car or in a bus you won't think twice to say yes to gun possession.

@all where can one get pepper spray, stun gun, etc in Lagos?
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by josephig: 9:10am On Mar 24, 2010
Yes A man should have a gun in his house so that when the landlord comes knocking he would kill hin ON CODE. No threats from anyone ie Ageberos areaboys AND SO ON. Any armedrobber it would be a fire 4 fire affair, lol
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by tEsLim(m): 10:22am On Mar 24, 2010
I've asked this several times

I think we need a defense shop in naija

a shop where I can buy things that are legit i.e Taizer guns, tear gas, pocket knifes.

But for real I need gunz, grenades, smoke canisters you can contact me. ANd dont try 419 you playing with something dangerous if you do.

Or if there is a way i can join the police force or military and be in an IT department , I'm into IT. So maybe legally i could be allowed to posses machines

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by D1KeleVra(m): 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2010
InesQor:

@MyJoe: LOL You are welcome, you will be given first-class treatment! LOLz cheesy cheesy grin

@D1Kelevra: If you're talking to me, you can count on that! though I don't have kids yet. LOL.

mhen! i don't blame u. . . every man with deadly fine daughters should be able to apply for all ur listed defense and assault weaponry. . . including mines and surface to air missiles should any dude think of parachuting into ur fortress. . . yea?
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by nellaluv(f): 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2010
my dad got a double-barrel in his bedroom, both in lagos and in the village and its licensed wink

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by nellaluv(f): 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2010
my dad got a double-barrel in his bedroom, both in lagos and in the village and its licensed wink
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 24, 2010
D1KeleVra:

@Topic

i) Threats posed to his family.

LMFAO!
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by coolier(f): 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2010
I think, No. Too dangerous might end up in the wrong hands.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by otukpo(f): 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2010
Most men are not mentally stable to have guns in their homes.
Some will just shoot their wives over a minor issue
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by enomakos(m): 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2010
yeah i man must have a gun in his house why not for security whether it is licensed or not but tell ur woman about it and not were u keep it

my people if you lives in jos what u need is not guns but bombs
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by bigcock: 3:00pm On Mar 26, 2010
In our world of today things are happening.sha for me, i think having a gun in your house is not a bad idea atall, becos nija of today man gas shine ur eye

MAK DEM NOT TAKE U UNAWARE,
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Kabidoye(m): 10:33pm On Mar 26, 2010
Guess I voted wrongly. ie based on t opic nt body. Now, I feel we dont need 2 carry or even ve guns if we all try 2 b a little bit level headed. Check dis out, wat if everybody has guns? then, I might just get shot b4 I finish postin dis. Think bout it.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by GATSKILLZ(m): 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2010
Hmmm! looking for who to shot,
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by earthrealm(m): 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2010
HELL YEAH!!!!,
n a stick or two of dynamite!!.
naija is an insane country!!!!
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 03, 2012
An old topic, but still worth commenting.

I'm not an advocate of private ownership of guns, especially in Nigeria, where tempers often flare up at the slightest provocation. It would be mayhem. Loaded weapons are not ideal in the wrong hands. Read that as Civillian hands.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by agiboma(f): 1:14pm On Mar 03, 2012
Well we got a loaded riffle in our home, with plenty of amunition, my hubby has showed me how to use it, its for security reason we even got a bulletproof safe room incase of armed robbers we can lock ourselves inside, until help arrives if need be.Hubby even has a shot gun he walks around with its easier to conceal. So in my opinion yes it is needed in this society.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by harakiri(m): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2012
Overseas? YES! Nigeria? NOT A VERY GOOD IDEA!

The only licensed gun you can get in Nigeria are single/double barreled shotgun (NOT pump action). Imagine being attacked by robbers who are wielding AK-47's and the only thing you can defend yourself with is a gun that you have to reload after every shot. That alone is enough to enrage the robbers the more and they will make sure they gun you down at all costs.

If you possess an automatic/semi-automatic gun in Nigeria and you're discovered by Police, you're finished! Even if you used it to protect yourself from attack, you will be treated worse than the armed robbers. If you kill a robber with it, you will be charged with murder. It's really frustrating. That's why you'll see people owning mansions and yet no gun in the house.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by babsjnr(m): 11:48pm On Apr 07, 2012
My dogs is my gun.

Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by dagboss(m): 10:16am On Apr 08, 2012
[quote author=harakiri]Overseas? YES! Nigeria? NOT A VERY GOOD IDEA!

The only licensed gun you can get in Nigeria are single/double barreled shotgun (NOT pump action). Imagine being attacked by robbers who are wielding AK-47's and the only thing you can defend yourself with is a gun that you have to reload after every shot. That alone is enough to enrage the robbers the more and they will make sure they gun you down at all costs.

If you possess an automatic/semi-automatic gun in Nigeria and you're discovered by Police, you're finished! Even if you used it to protect yourself from attack, you will be treated worse than the armed robbers. If you kill a robber with it, you will be charged with murder. It's really frustrating. That's why you'll see people owning mansions and yet no gun in

Bross you started well, but messed your good point at the end of the day. Why would you be found in possession of a prohibited firearm in the first instance if the law says you are not entitled to it. If robbers invade your house and you get down one or two of them nobody will charge you for any damned murder, but you may be asked to explain the source of the weapon if it is prohibited or on the other hand if it is a personal firearm if it is licensed once you pass this nobody will take you up. Do not blame anybody for mansion owners not having guns at home, tell any of them to patronize a government licensed armorer he will facilitate the licensing for him, to locat one visit any State Command armorer, they have a list of all private armouris.Another problem is that most Nigerians prefer to own a pump action gun instead of the lawful double barrel. If you kill with an unlicensed gun you will answer ome questions, those countries that allow their citizens to own guns have very stringent rules they follow even at that I have lost count of guns that got to wrong hands in the US and other western countries and we all saw the havoc they have caused.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by dagboss(m): 10:41am On Apr 08, 2012
@All
Pls Perdon my many typographic errors I was typing on an iPad, and it is hell doing that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yam Pounders for Sale / Why Do Men Cheat ( Strictry For Females) / Oyindamola Bakare Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.