Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? (14021 Views)

Poll: Should They?

Yes: 81% (71 votes)
No: 18% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids / Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! / Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by babsjnr(m): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2012
@Shoot2kill those guns you posted are not for civilian self defend weapon.
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by kikuyu1(m): 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
I find this thread interesting. Naijja is much like Kenya. All the carjackers/cattle rustlers and bank robbers are armed to the teeth yet the avenues for licenced gun ownership are narrow indeed. Here you can be issued a permit for a pump shotgun with good police connections but a pistol requires ministerial level connections,available in only 2 gunshops at twice the world market rates.There are 2 or 3 shooting indoor shooting clubs in Nairobi.
Btw,it still hasn't been explained:
-what exactly is your licensing process?
-who sells legal firearms?
-do you have shooting clubs?
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by fegflu: 12:00am On Dec 18, 2012
Pls can someone direct me were I can buy a double barrel or pump action short gun in lagos. Send details to stoikmusah@gmail.com
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by DaDewdropsNVS: 3:25am On Feb 01, 2013
Women too!
In case a shoot-out is necessary with the MEN!!!
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by eagleeye2: 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2013
DaDewdropsNVS: Women too!
In case a shoot-out is necessary with the MEN!!!

I talk am say you dey crazeeeeee
Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by youngdady: 5:15pm On Feb 01, 2013
@ topic: I really don't think this should be encouraged, given the society we live in. Killing with reckless abandon will become the order of the day. With our porous laws and standard, those who have no business going close to a pistol will own fully automatic assault rifles.

Have you considered the kids? Kids are not really kids again now-a-dayz oooh! They so smart, before you know whats up, he's practicing DJANGO with your fully loaded shot gun. lipsrsealed

How long before we start having a frustrated soul walking into a private school and unleashing hell on the kids of those he presumed are responsible for the downturn of the nation's economy and by extension, his own failure in life?

Rather, security should be beefed up where we consider necessary.

I know not everyone can afford to live in a gated community but steps can be taken to safeguard yourself.

1) Learn to be at peace with neighbours, you'd be surprised the length a disgruntled neighbour will go to get back at you.

2) Avoid unnessary showing off and trying to put others down, don't set up yourself as a target in a bid to annouce your arrival

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? by Challotti: 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2013
eagle,eye:

I talk am say you dey crazeeeeee

Oh Jes o! cool
. . . . AND LOVING H-IT! cool
Please. . .dun let awon azzze azzze 'baby. . .funky azze azzze babies of the UK feel 'unloved' o! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yam Pounders for Sale / Why Do Men Cheat ( Strictry For Females) / Oyindamola Bakare Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.