Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. (1349 Views)

Why Do Calabar Women Change Their Names When They Marry From Another Tribe? / If you had to marry another tribe/ethnicity apart from your own which wud it be? / Can You Marry From Another Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by elainemia(f): 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2007
how would you feel and what will you do if you are rejected by your guy's family because you are from another tribe. cry
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by Maneater1(f): 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2007
Sad? undecided
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by MyPeace(f): 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2007
U move on!! if ur spouse cant talk to his/her family to give ther consent
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by LadyT(f): 12:39pm On Feb 22, 2007
Cry and move on. If your partner cares more about what his family thinks then his relationship with you then there is no hope. They will make your life a living hell to drive you out and he will just let it happen. You are worth more there is someone out there who will love you regardless.
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by elainemia(f): 12:44pm On Feb 22, 2007
but what if u really love this person and can't move on like that. undecided
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by elainemia(f): 12:47pm On Feb 22, 2007
its really not that easy to just cry and move on.such things are not that easy to forget.
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by MyPeace(f): 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2007
if u cant move, you wait until he gives us his wedding card. it will be worst u know. Better cry, cry cry and move on jari cool. what do u mean by love? a one sided love as i can see. Anyway follow ur heart.
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by Busta(f): 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2007
if he really loves/likes u. . y'all will scale thru. If not, u gotta move on . . as sad as it is undecided
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by jgirl3: 8:15pm On Feb 22, 2007
This is sad. If your boyfriend cannot convince them and he loves you half as much as you love him. There are two things that could happen if they still refuse, you can do it without the consent of his family (it will hurt you in the long run) or you can just cry and try to let go.

Not every love is final. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. I feel for you but i have to say that you need to do this for yourself and your bf. If you truly love him, you would want him to be happy.
If you get married without their consent and they don't talk to him anymore, you will be blamed for his misfortunes. He will never let go of the fact that you were the cause of the separation from his family. So the best advice is to find a way to move on.
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by ima1(f): 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2007
Screw them, move on
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by iice(f): 4:22am On Feb 23, 2007
Love is not everything, some people get swept up in the emotions totally forgetting to communicate. Best move on, one step at a time
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by rezzy: 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2007
I have no option than to leave him alone
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by uyai(f): 1:26am On Jul 05, 2007
my boyfriend's " naija Uncles" ( all yorubas are related, all igbos are related, call each other cousins) talked my
boyfriend into going back with his ex who is yoruba while he was still with me!

now he wants me back, said he didn't know what got into him.

It is better to stay away from from tribalistic folks cuz it shows that their level of thinking is still a 100years back
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by sanrima(f): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2007
quote: wen u love something u fight 4 it to make it urs, (2) wen u love something u let it go and if it,s truly urs it will definitely come back & be urs against all odds. u,v tried d 1st one by fighting 2keep wat u love, but my candid advice is why don,t u try d 2nd option? its not easy but just believe dat wat will be will be. goodluck.
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by sanrima(f): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2007
[b][/b] a friend of mine just asked me dis question. reason? his girlfriend of 3yrs has issued him a red card because she feels shes is in love with someother guy, wen he confronted her she told him dat her love 4 him is dead. pls fellow naira landers -does true love die? ur contributions will be highly needed. lipsrsealed
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by zignor(m): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2007
@post
i know your problem and the solution,just see me. period. cool cool cool
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by CrazyMan(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2007
It's painful.
But try and fall in love with someone from you tribe it's better at least their family would accept you.
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by pages(f): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2007
Please move on. You are not socieyt's sad misfit
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by bebe2007(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2007
Move on big time. Shows how small minded they are in that family. Will thank God am not going there. There is nothing as bad as dealing with small minded individuals.
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by culdalex(m): 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2008
eyaaa
how pathetic sad sad
guy things happen so u just have to take it as it comes

else u give ur self an heart attack lipsrsealed tongue

am out of here light don go for our area

na niga now tongue grin cry embarassed
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by Blatant: 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2008
You should be with a man and family where you are wanted for you and in spite of you
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2008
move on
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by smooooooth: 2:55pm On Jun 17, 2008
who talks about tribe these days, u shld run from a family like that cos their being tribalistic is not their only problem, i bet u.
Re: Rejected Because I Am From Another Tribe. by NubianQ(f): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2008
yeah, i have and it hurt but i moved on. simple! the issue of tribalism in Nigeria sometimes is really crazy considering the fact that its a country with alot of so called religious pple

(1) (Reply)

Cop Sacked For Dating Dg's Wife / Am Addicted To Callin Him,hw Do I Stop,help! / Why Do Most Women Love Themselves Too Much To Care If The Guy Does Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.