Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

The Error Of Daddy Freeze . - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Error Of Daddy Freeze . (18354 Views)

Beware Of The Leaven Of Daddy Freeze / The Beginning Of The End Of "Daddy Freeze". / Who Is Afraid Of Daddy Freeze? By Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by petra1(m): 5:59am On Nov 12, 2017
Mujtahida:

Before Abraham was, I am - Jesus Christ.
You don't understand the book of Hebrews

Tell us the book of heberew
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by petra1(m): 6:02am On Nov 12, 2017
paxonel:

Mind you
In the order of Melchizedek
And not in Melchizedek
They are two different things

You can't be in Christ and be in Melchizedek at the same time.

Jesus says I'm the way
That implies he is the only way

There was Melchizedek order, then there was levitical order ,and now what we have is order of Melchizedek and Christ is our high priest
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by petra1(m): 6:09am On Nov 12, 2017
TheHotspur:

All this rubbish you wrote just to make front page abi

Are scared? Don't be. It's not an ambition. God will let as many as need to see it see it.
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by BluntBoy(m): 7:19am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

You mentioned compulsion not me.

I didn't either you did . We don't tithe on the basis of the law

Yes. Jesus is our high priest in the order of Melchizedek

This is hilarious.

OK, I suspected you would deny tithing under compulsion just to justify tithing.

If you tithe the Abraham way, you must tithe properly. There was nowhere in the Bible where Abraham told his descendents to tithe as he did. His tithing was voluntary and as rich as he was, there was never any evidence that he ever tithed out of his possessions before and after the Melchizedek episode.

If the Levitical priesthood (which needed tithe) has been replaced by the Melchizedek priesthood, shouldn't tithing not be a voluntary and personal thing, as done by Abraham?

1 Like

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by BluntBoy(m): 7:32am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

Isreal was royal priesthood too and they paid tithes .

Exodus 19:6
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

You ignorantly took that verse out of context.

That was a covenant. It was a shadow of good things to come. When they broke the covenant by worshipping the golden calf, God chose the Levites and set up the Aaronic priesthood.

SMH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by paxonel(m): 7:38am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

There was Melchizedek order, then there was levitical order ,and now what we have is order of Melchizedek and Christ is our high priest
That's true
And Christ which is our priest owns this covenant that we all belong to
Not Melchizedek.
Covenant is far greater than mere order
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by petra1(m): 7:39am On Nov 12, 2017
BluntBoy:

This is hilarious.

OK, I suspected you would deny tithing under compulsion just to justify tithing.

I don't get you . Tithing is a necessity just like offering or prayers . If prayer is compulsory then likewise tithing . But I will rather use the word . Necessity .

If you tithe the Abraham way, you must tithe properly. There was nowhere in the Bible where Abraham told his descendents to tithe as he did. His tithing was voluntary and as rich he was, there was never any evidence that he ever tithed out of his possessions before and after the Melchizedek episode.

Tithing is giving God 10% of what he has blessed you with. How you do it . Is between you and God . If it's daily monthly ,yearly or once in a life time .It's your choice to do it . It's your choice if you pray or it's your choice if you fast

There was a time men did know about prayer to a God. But in the days of Seth , the revelation of prayer and relationship with God came

Genesis 4:26
And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Since then prayer has come to stay . In the days of Abraham tithing was revealed . And God trusted Abraham to transfer the knowledge of his revelation of God to his family and generation .

Genesis 18:19
For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

God opens our understanding more and more to secrets and hidden mysteries of his kingdom from generation to generation. Why is it only tithe Satan is fighting , why not offering , why not prayer ,why not worship because there's something about the tithe. It's the smallest of our givings . People do give cars and land in church . But the tithe is Gods .

If the Levitical priesthood (which needed tithe) has been replaced by the Melchizedek priesthood, shouldn't tithing not be a voluntary and personal thing, as done by Abraham?

Jacob tithed based on the existing knowledge or worship . It's not personal .
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by petra1(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2017
BluntBoy:

You ignorantly took that verse out of context.

SMH.

No you did . Peter was quoting from here
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by paxonel(m): 7:42am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

Was Abraham a Jew ?
The Jews were his decendants atleast you can't deny that one
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by BluntBoy(m): 7:46am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

No you did . Peter was quoting from here

I don't like dishonest people. Just stop replying if you have lost grasp of your topic. Everything you are doing now amounts to dishonesty. Posting without making any sense with regard to the topic.

You claimed Israel was a nation of priests. I told you that she was until she broke the covenant with God by worshipping a false god (the golden calf). Only the Levites stood on the side of God and God chose them.

1 Like

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by BluntBoy(m): 7:49am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

I don't get you . Tithing is a necessity just like offering or prayers . If prayer is compulsory then likewise tithing . But I will rather use the word . Necessity .

Tithing is giving God 10% of what he has blessed you with. How you do it . Is between you and God . If it's daily monthly ,yearly or once in a life time .It's your choice to do it . It's your choice if you pray or it's your choice if you fast

There was a time men did know about prayer to a God. But in the days of Seth , the revelation of prayer and relationship with God came

And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

Since then prayer has come to stay . In the days of Abraham tithing was revealed . And God trusted Abraham to transfer the knowledge of his revelation of God to his family and generation .

For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

God opens our understanding more and more to secrets and hidden mysteries of his kingdom from generation to generation. Why is it only tithe Satan is fighting , why not offering , why not prayer ,why not worship because there's something about the tithe. It's the smallest of our givings . People do give cars and land in church . But the tithe is Gods .

Show me the verse where Jacob tithed?

1 Like

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by BluntBoy(m): 7:56am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

The New Covenant emphasizes an unfixed amount of donations. This removes the legalism surrounding the issue of tithing. The very legalism that Jesus removed through His sacrifice on the cross. In the Early Church, people gave more than the stipulation of the Law. Someone like Barnabas even sold a land and brought all the money to the apostles. I am not against free will giving in whatever name you call it. But when you start to employ subtle scare tactics just to force people to tithe, you are forcing them back under the very Law which Christ liberated us from.

If your pastors introduce tithing to help themselves, all fine. But they should stop using the Bible to back up their inventions.
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by petra1(m): 7:59am On Nov 12, 2017
BluntBoy:

Show me the verse where Jacob tithed?

Genesis 35:6-7
So Jacob came to Luz, which is in the land of Canaan, that is, Bethel, he and all the people that were with him. And he built there an altar, and called the place Elbethel: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother.
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by petra1(m): 8:00am On Nov 12, 2017
BluntBoy:

The New Covenant emphasizes an unfixed amount of donations.

Where in the Bible
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by BluntBoy(m): 8:01am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

Genesis 35:6-7
So Jacob came to Luz, which is in the land of Canaan, that is, Bethel, he and all the people that were with him. And he built there an altar, and called the place Elbethel: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother.

Is that tithing?

1 Like

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by paxonel(m): 8:08am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

New new covenant is a product under abrahamic covenant. Jesus is seed of Abraham , We are seed of Abraham . Your theology started already with "K leg. You can't call Abraham thief and robber. If you're not of Abraham you're not a Christian .

Galatians 3:9
So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Abraham has really suffered in the hand of antitithers . First They said he didn't tithe now he's a thief .

We give to God to worship him ,not to compete with Dangote. It is not what we have in the account that is prosperity but the impact of your personality in your world .

Luke 12:15
And he said unto them, for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Jesus has called Abraham a thief and that he is greater than Abraham i guess you are still having problem with that.

Was Abraham not a mere human being who made mistakes like me and you, what do you take him for?

Yes Abraham was a blessing and paid tithe in his days but we are more blessed having Christ who never made tithe compulsory for financial success

We are expected to emulate the good things Abraham did which include faith in God and keeping Gods commandments ,and we have faith in God already through Christ, Then why should we belittled ourselves to pay tithe like Abraham ?

Point of correction, christians don't give tithe to worship, they give tithe so that God will open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing without them working for it.
They also give tithe because they want God to rebuke the devourer for their sake. Meaning, anything that devours their finances God should rebuke it.

Do you know what worship entails?
It entails worshipping God in spirit and in truth(if you know what that means)
Not in tithes

No one is saying compete with dangote, all we are saying is, there is a general principle of financial success for everyone (irrespective of whether you are christian or Muslim or anything) And that principle is learn first, then work.
Certainly not tithing

If you are tithing you don't work, then poverty for you.
Period!!

If you work, whether you tithe or not, you will see wealth so long you know what you doing (i am a testimony for that i don't need to go church to testify)

If you think tithe is what is making you wealthy (because that's what they told in church which is not scriptural or applicable to reality) Then you are being scammed by pastors and you need your bible

2 Likes

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by BluntBoy(m): 8:22am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

Where in the Bible

Some prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. One of them, named Agabus, stood up and through the Spirit predicted that a severe famine would spread over the entire Roman world. (This happened during the reign of Claudius.) The disciples, as each one was able, decided to provide help for the brothers and sisters living in Judea. This they did, sending their gift to the elders by Barnabas and Saul. (Acts 11:27-30)

If you check the Early Church, you would see that people were giving generously to the extent that there was no needy person among them. People were selling properties to help the needy ones among them. No one emphasized anything like a tax which is what the legalistic tithe really was.

that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales (Acts 4:34)

I didn't expect you to ask this question because I only just recently mentioned Barnabas to you. You are not paying much attention to my posts.

3 Likes

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by plainbibletruth: 8:35am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

I was analyzing daddy freeze error. He dwell on an irrelevant tithe to deceive the people. As though that is what tithe was meant for. I'm not advocating for mosaic law. Just analyzing . We are not tithing based on maosaic law. Tithing existed 400 years before the law came . Tithes and offerings are eternal principles .

Those of you who put forward the "eternal principle" argument for TITHING apparently do so because deep in you you know that the Mosaic Law NO LONGER applies to the Christian. You also know how the Law prescribed what is to be tithed and how.

You're therefore seeking a ground to make your insistence on tithing relevant.

For starters, there is no such phrase as "eternal principle(s)" in the Bible. So, you people need to come out clear as to what you mean by this phrase and WHY and HOW it applies to the Church.

What is clear from the Bible is that God has ALWAYS revealed how he wants to deal with man at any period in human history.

Is it possible that this "eternal principle", if it is as critical as these people are claiming it to be (can bring curse on Christians, deny people entrance into heaven, give people stupendous wealth and blessings), was missed out by the Apostles when dealing with the Church and writing the New Testament?

I therefore CHALLENGE you who claim that TITHING is an eternal principle to SHOW us where it is clearly said to still be applicable to today's Christian.
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by Gombs(m): 9:31am On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
it was not recorded whether Jacob gave the tithe or not, it was only recorded that he vowed to pay tithe sir.

It was pre mosaic anyways

Question is, was the tithe of war? Did he fight a war? Or we should assume he fought one?

Are you saying Jacob didn't fulfill his vow? undecided
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by Wilgrea7(m): 9:34am On Nov 12, 2017
there were three kinds of tithes... and none was meant for Christians
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by betterABIAstate: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2017
Gombs:

Question is, was the tithe of war? Did he fight a war? Or we should assume he fought one?

Are you saying Jacob didn't fulfill his vow? undecided

he fought a battle to rescue lot, his newphew.

Jacob fulfilling his vow doesn't matter as he only also tithes once, as a vow not compulsory because it wasn't a law as at then, Jacob didn't tithe all his life
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by Gombs(m): 9:40am On Nov 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:
there were three kinds of tithes... and none was meant for Christians

Exactly!

Because these were of the law. We tithe after the Father of faith, to an eternal order, which has Jesus as the high priest.
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by Gombs(m): 9:47am On Nov 12, 2017
betterABIAstate:
he fought a battle to rescue lot, his newphew.

Uncle, that was Abraham not Jacob. Jacob didn't fight a war... At least I'm yet to see that in the Bible.

Jacob fulfilling his vow doesn't matter as he only also tithes once, as a vow not compulsory because it wasn't a law as at then, Jacob didn't tithe all his life

Lies

You can't say he tithed once just because it was recorded once. It's like saying Jesus only attended one wedding, just because only one of his attendance was recorded.

Question is, How did Jacob know about tithing? His father must have taught him (God bore testimony that Abraham will command his house to do His will) ...but you don't see where it's recorded that Isaac gave tithe. Does that mean Isaac did not tithe? Did Abraham not teach him that?where did Jacob get that knowledge? There was no books of record or diary. How did Abraham's grandson know about giving a tenth to God?

Don't say Jacob didn't tithe all his life. If you say so, then Jesus didn't bathe all his life. undecided

Why? Because it wasn't recorded?
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by ludot(m): 10:06am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

It's laughable when some who don't study their bibles feel there is a hidden conspiracy about tithing in the church which pastors have been covering up. Daddy freeze claims that the Bible. Command tithes to be uses to drink beer. Firstly that's is insult to God and stupid . But in truth there is a provision under the law to use a tithe for feast and eating .

As much as we are not tithing based on the law. We tithe based on Abrahamic revelation . However the explanation here is to throw light on the misrepresentation by daddy freeze .

THERE WERE THREE DIFFERENT KINDS OF TITHES

There were three different kinds of tithes in the Bible . Daddy freeze dwell on a minor one to rubbish the major one .

The three different types are as follows:

1. THE LEVITICAL TITHE (sacred to God).

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord

This tithe is used for the work of service in the place of worship and also for the welfare of the workers there.

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

2. THE TITHE OF THE FEAST (Deut. 14:22-27).(daddy freeze beer boozing tithe )
Deuteronomy 14:22-23
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

3. THE TITHE FOR THE POOR (Deut. 14:28, 29). (Every 3 years)
This is done once in very 3 years . It is shared among the poor . While the main annual tithe still runs .

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest

The first tithe, the one we trace back to Abra­ham (Gen. 14:18-20), is the sacred tithe, given to the Levites and priests for their service to the temple and the congregation in the Old Testa­ment. This is the tithe we continue to give under the priesthood of Melchizedek in the New Testa­ment. It is the tithe consecrated to God and the furtherance of the gospel and has, therefore, validity for all believers in Christ.

Paul was clear enough .

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

Now some may say Paul didn't accept support . That's no big deal . He didn't accept support in Corinth because of their carnality . But he accepted support from some other churches . Same goes for pastors today . Most pastors serve voluntarily. They don't receive support . Over 9% of pastors in Deeper life ,Redeem ,CEC, winners are serving voluntarily. They have their own jobs . In fact one of the criterial by which you are sent out is to first have a good job . Except only few who may be required to serve full time and they may have to resign from their job. To get support from church . Church tithe is used to pay workers , church rent , maintainance , equipment ,projects , generator fuel. Chair hire etc and other expenditures. The pastor is not the owner of church money . Every ministry has structure by which money is handled . A pastor in redeem cannot dip his hand into church account . There are approvals from head quarters for expenditure. Not what bloggers online post who don't even go to church

We are not giving tithes as commanded under the law . Our tithing dates to Abraham before the law came . And that it why the other kinds of tithes were not emphasized . So daddy freeze only dwell on the feast party which is not abrahamic . And antitithers are jumping up that they have a hero (who is not even a Christian )

Lol ... the tithe Christians pay dates back to Abraham.

Genesis 14:

18. Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (Now he was the priest of the Most High God.) 19 He blessed Abram, saying, “Blessed be Abram by the Most High God, Creator of heaven and earth. 20 Worthy of praise is the Most High God, who delivered your enemies into your hand.” Abram gave Melchizedek a tenth of everything.

How come pastors don't bring wine and bread to church and give to those that tithe?
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by Gombs(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2017
ludot:

Lol ... the tithe Christians pay dates back to Abraham.

Genesis 14:

18. Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. (Now he was the priest of the Most High God.) 19 He blessed Abram, saying, “Blessed be Abram by the Most High God, Creator of heaven and earth. 20 Worthy of praise is the Most High God, who delivered your enemies into your hand.” Abram gave Melchizedek a tenth of everything.

How come pastors don't bring wine and bread to church and give to those that tithe?

How come pastors don't bring wine (alcohol) to people's weddings? Jesus afterall turned water into wine? undecided

But... Bro, that bread and wine is symbolic na. Remember what the Bible said about the man in the book of Hebrews? Study your Bible
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by mank1234(m): 10:38am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

It's laughable...

Which of the three types do we do in church? Why don't we do the others?

My understanding of the new testament is to give willingly as the heart leads not by percentage and not necessarily to your place of worship.
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by betterABIAstate: 11:02am On Nov 12, 2017
Gombs:

Uncle, that was Abraham not Jacob. Jacob didn't fight a war... At least I'm yet to see that in the Bible.

Lies

You can't say he tithed once just because it was recorded once. It's like saying Jesus only attended one wedding, just because only one of his attendance was recorded.

Question is, How did Jacob know about tithing? His father must have taught him (God bore testimony that Abraham will command his house to do His will) ...but you don't see where it's recorded that Isaac gave tithe. Does that mean Isaac did not tithe? Did Abraham not teach him that?where did Jacob get that knowledge? There was no books of record or diary. How did Abraham's grandson know about giving a tenth to God?

Don't say Jacob didn't tithe all his life. If you say so, then Jesus didn't bathe all his life. undecided

Abraham fought a war, you are not concentrating not Jacob.

Show me where Jacob tithed all his life

2 Likes

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by petra1(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2017
mank1234:

Which of the three types do we do in church? Why don't we do the others?

We are not giving tithes according to the law . We
Are giving tithes because it’s a spiritual principle revealed through Abraham . God never spoke against the tithe nor put an end to it

My understanding of the new testament is to give willingly as the heart leads not by percentage and not necessarily to your place of worship.

Feeewill offering was not new it was also part of the law . there are different kinds of giving in Gods kingdom

1 Like

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by petra1(m): 11:16am On Nov 12, 2017
paxonel:

The Jews were his decendants atleast you can't deny that one

But he was not a Jew . And the Jewish law wasn’t binding on him .
Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by MuttleyLaff: 11:21am On Nov 12, 2017
BluntBoy:
This is hilarious.
So much comedy relief

BluntBoy:
OK, I suspected you would deny tithing under compulsion just to justify tithing
If petra1 denies tithing under compulsion then it is a relief to know people can choose to tithe if they are happy and pleased to want to tithe

I am quite sure petra1 DOESNT believe people are cursed, will be cursed or be under a curse, if they decide not to tithe

BluntBoy:
If you tithe the Abraham way, you must tithe properly
Yes, this is simple enough
If petra1 is now claiming to tithe the Abraham way, then he must have tithed properly and in exactly the same manner Abraham did
petra1 must have gone to battle, chased after warlords, launched a counter attack that rescued a foolish relative, his family and recovered all their plundered possessions

petra1, then must have found a living priest-cum-king, whose genelogy is unknown as Abraham did, and gave him tithe.
petra1 must have given the living priest-cum-king, whose genelogy is unknown, a tenth of the spoils of war he went to fight in
and not give a tithe or tenth of any other income or on own wealth just as Abraham never did
Lastly, petra1 must have passed over the remainging 90% of the spoils of war he went to fight in, to a type, equivalent or similar king of Sodom

BluntBoy:
There was nowhere in the Bible where Abraham told his descendents to tithe as he did.
His tithing was voluntary
and as rich he was, there was never any evidence that he ever tithed out of his possessions before and after the Melchizedek episode.
Abraham went to battle only once
and as it is customary, in those times, when battles or wars are won and over,
what belongs by right or custom to the victor is 90% of the war booty
Interestingly, in a manner that cannot be evaded,
the rest, 10% of the spoils of war, as per custom again, mandatorily is to be given to a local ruler.
Abraham found no other local better than Melchizedek to give this tithe, 10% of the spoils of war to

The immediate above, is the circumstances surrounding why, when and how Abraham tithed

Abraham didnt go into battle again, so there was no reason for Abraham to tithe again,
no reason to tithe to Melchizedek or to any other local ruler worthy of the consideration

BluntBoy:
13And behold, the LORD stood above it and said,
"I am the LORD, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac;
the land on which you lie, I will give it to you and to your descendants.
15“Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land;
for I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

- Genesis 28:13 & 15

I could type more, write at length and in depth about this
but wont, because it will go beyond the range of the thread and probably turn out long-winded

So here is the abridged version,
here is a brief summary or general gist of Abraham's tithing and Jacob's vowed tithing
Jacob wasnt on to something, he didnt just have a spontaneous idea to tithe
Jacob, knows about giving 10% being associated with men of war who had gone to battle
He is aware and/or conversant with prevailing warfare rules of engagement custom of 90% of spoils of war goes to the victor
and the remaining tenth of the spoils of war, is to be given to a local ruler worthy of the consideration

So after the dream in Genesis 28:13 & 15, Jacob goes like this:
OK God since there will be war and you're going to give back to me and my descendants what has been taken,
I, in line with prevailing principle of war custom,
which mandates giving a tenth of spoils of war, to a local ruler worthy of the consideration
vow to give you, God, the high esteemed Ruler, this 10%, otherwise known as tithe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by MuttleyLaff: 11:23am On Nov 12, 2017
Gombs:
Uncle, that was Abraham not Jacob. Jacob didn't fight a war...
At least I'm yet to see that in the Bible
Glad to know you agree and accept Jacob didn't fight a war

Gombs:
Question is, How did Jacob know about tithing?
Jacob got to know about tithing from the old warfare rules of engagement custom proxy his father Isaac, his grandfather Abraham and/or from him seeing it around him being practised by others giving 10% of the spoils of war to another local ruler worthy of the consideration

Gombs:
His father must have taught him (God bore testimony that Abraham will command his house to do His will) ..
but you don't see where it's recorded that Isaac gave tithe.
Does that mean Isaac did not tithe?
Did Abraham not teach him that?
where did Jacob get that knowledge?
There was no books of record or diary.
How did Abraham's grandson know about giving a tenth to God?
Isaac didnt tithe, because Isaac didnt go to battle, hence hadnt the need to comply
Jacob didnt tithe, because Jacob didnt go to battle, hence hadnt the need to comply with prevailing warfare rules of engagement

However, God is going to war on Jacob's behalf and fight battles that will give the land to him and his descendants
Now Jacob, knows and knew about Abraham's tithing,
and so instantly recognised the protocol that needs to be followed, as soon as when Genesis 28:13 gets fulfilled

Gombs:
Don't say Jacob didn't tithe all his life.
If you say so, then Jesus didn't bathe all his life. undecided

Then Jesus appeared.
He came from Galilee to the Jordan River to be baptized by John.

- Matthew 3:13

Jesus told him,
"Whoever has already bathed needs only to wash his feet, and he will be completely clean.
And you are clean, though not all of you."

- John 13:10

Some are really trying their hardest to please... Petra1 will be proud

1 Like

Re: The Error Of Daddy Freeze . by ludot(m): 11:24am On Nov 12, 2017
Gombs:

How come pastors don't bring wine (alcohol) to people's weddings? Jesus afterall turned water into wine? undecided

But... Bro, that bread and wine is symbolic na. Remember what the Bible said about the man in the book of Hebrews? Study your Bible

Lol...bread and wine is symbolic but tithe is not?

Jesus didn't officiate at the wedding. He attended a wedding reception just as pastors attend wedding receptions today. And there is nothing wrong with pastors taking alcohol to wedding receptions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty / The Story Of Noah's Ark Is The Most Unbelievable Biblical Story Ever Told / Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.