Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,025 members, 7,821,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote (9781 Views)

Why Don't Rich Pastors Emphasize On This Bible Quote. / What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by ayesco202(m): 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
Psalms 103 vs 2: Bless the Lord oh my soul and forget not all His benefits.
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by Banter1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
Jeremiah 29:11

For i know the plans i have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you & not to harm you, plans to give you hope & a future.
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by pen2(m): 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
Proverbs 22:4; “By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.”
‭‭
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by brightworld2(m): 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
OtemSapien:
if you are the God of all flesh and you boast like this, why can't you do anything sir?
another malam spotted
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by OtemSapien: 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
brightworld2:
another malam spotted
sorry I am not a mallam, neither am I a Muslim. I am Otem.
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by dinomcjohn: 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
Psalm 90: 1 Oh God, thou art been our dwelling place in all generations
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by Ugbavihi: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Tithe payment is not compulsory but it is necessary.
Tithe is paid for the sake of God and should be used for the sake of God.
Don't criticise tithe payment rather criticise what tithe is used for..
I don't know what you believe but what i believe is that there is nothing wrong with titthe payment rather something is wrong with how the paid tithe is used.
Ideally 60-65% of Proceeds recovered from tithe and offerings should be used for humanitarian and outreach activities, while the remainder can go to the church, but the problem we have is that reverse is the case.
Let me not judge so that i cannot be judged.
Precaution! If you don't pay tithe, don't discourage others from paying. My pain is that some people are campaigning against tithe not for God sake but because they are envious or jealous of the flamboyant lifestyle of some men of God. #AdvisemenofGodbutdon'tfightthem
#UC_blissfulsunday
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by dinomcjohn: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Psalm 90:1 LORD, Thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by brightworld2(m): 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
OtemSapien:
sorry I am not a mallam, neither am I a Muslim. I am Otem.
i pray God have mercy on your soul..
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Matthew 6:25
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by Oye4u(m): 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
[b][/b]My favourite Bible verse is Psalm 91:1He that sitteth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the almighty KJV.[color=#770077][/color]
yougos:
Today is International Day of the Bible. Let’s celebrate together!

Share your favorite Bible quote

#BibleCelebration

Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by Primenet(m): 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
Psalm 121 : 1 - 2 l will lift up my eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help.

2. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by sallyzan(f): 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
There is a way which seems right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs14:12
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by amnesty7: 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
columbus007:
so among all verses and all na dis one you come like? shocked don't worry God is working on your case.
One verse is better than another?
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by vickeybrown92(m): 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
each one should test their own actions.
then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else.

Galatians 6:4

and by the way... what does celebration cause for.
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by LivingBetter: 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:1 KJV
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by thegreatlatest: 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
Proverb 30:5-9

5. Every saying of God is refined. He is a shield to those taking refuge in him.
6. Add nothing to is words, Or he will reprove you, And you will be proved a liar.
7. Two things I ask of you. Do not withhold them from me before I die.
8. Remove untruth and lies far from me. Give me neither poverty nor riches. Just let me consume my portion of food,
9. So that I do not become satisfied and deny you and say, "Who is Jehovah?" Nor let me steal and dishonor the name of my God.
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by TheMainMan: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2017

Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by ylaa(f): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
Habakkuk 3:17-19

A Hymn of Faith
17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And.........
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by EdCure: 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord , as the waters cover the sea.

Habakkuk 2:14 KJV

2 Likes

Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
Psalms 91
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by adontcare(f): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ecclesiastic 3:1to d end. (In sumary)To everything, there is a season and a purpose and time for everything under heaven
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by Apina(m): 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
The Foolishness of Trusting in Riches
PSALM 49
1 Hear this, everyone!
Listen, all people everywhere,
2 great and small alike,
rich and poor together.
3 My thoughts will be clear;
I will speak words of wisdom.
4 I will turn my attention to proverbs
and explain their meaning as I play the harp.

5 I am not afraid in times of danger
when I am surrounded by enemies,
6 by evil people who trust in their riches
and boast of their great wealth.
7 We can never redeem ourselves;
we cannot pay God the price for our lives,
8 because the payment for a human life is too great.
What we could pay would never be enough
9 to keep us from the grave,
to let us live forever.

10 Anyone can see that even the wise die,
as well as the foolish and stupid.
They all leave their riches to their descendants.
11 Their graves are their homes forever;
there they stay for all time,
though they once had lands of their own.
12 Our greatness cannot keep us from death;
we will still die like the animals.

13 See what happens to those who trust in themselves,
the fate of those who are satisfied with their wealth—
14 they are doomed to die like sheep,
and Death will be their shepherd.
The righteous will triumph over them,
as their bodies quickly decay
in the world of the dead far from their homes.
15 But God will rescue me;
he will save me from the power of death.

16 Don't be upset when someone becomes rich,
when his wealth grows even greater;
17 he cannot take it with him when he dies;
his wealth will not go with him to the grave.
18 Even if someone is satisfied with this life
and is praised because he is successful,
19 he will join all his ancestors in death,
where the darkness lasts forever.
20 Our greatness cannot keep us from death;
we will still die like the animals.

NOTE:
READ BEFORE GOING TO BED AT NIGHT AND BEFORE LEAVING YOUR HOUSE IN THE MORNING
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by omolorlarh: 1:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
psalm 23
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by fredie107(m): 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
Proverbs 23:23

Buy truth, and do not sell it; Get wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by Temidayo9(m): 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
Philippians 4vrs 19.
But my God shall supply your needs according to his riches in Glory by Christ Jesus.
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by Julivas(m): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
Philippians 4 : 8
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by olamkas: 2:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
Luke 1-4
1.Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

These verses really show that the Bible was truly inspired grin
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by macuno88(m): 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
Matthew 6:33--seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and every other thing shall be added unto you..
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by MichaelUweh(m): 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
Psalm 27:1.....it says, the lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear' the lord is the strength of my life of whom shall I be afraid.. Happy international bible day. Remember, Christianity is life...
Re: Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote by yummy2017: 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

About The Trinity / I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! / How Amrita (female Ejaculation Or Squirting) Is Spiritual. A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.