Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,306 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others (5272 Views)

Ladies! 8 Signs You Are Probably Dating A Married Man. / Yahoo Boys & Ritual: Nigerian Lady Has A Strong Message For Lazy Girls (Video) / 8 Red Signs You Should Lookout For Before Taking That Girl To The Altar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by greencard: 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
I possess virtually all these traits you listed but people still like me like mad that I stylishly avoid some to avoid jealousy from others ..what do u say to that.? undecided]

I'm not kidding I do possess all . i was reading and waiting to see the one that doesn't correlate but it all went down perfectly
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by makydebbie(f): 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
gsainttrinity:

I'm seeing the word "Ambivert" for the first time in my life... No wonder it's said "we learn everyday"

Sure many people ascribe all negative interpretations to introverted people.

I have being called 'Proud' 'wicked' 'snub' 'pretender' you name it..
But some people's comment here in nairaland usually give me hope like one said in a thread I can't remember now.... "people usually fear what they don't understand"

But lets be honest, I have an idea how introverted minds work, .... Introverts are snubs .. wink
Sure, we learn everyday. smiley

Lool, like you said, people have given different interpretations of introversion. I just love keeping to myself and I'm not a social person. Does that make me a snub? Definitely not. I'm not just the type that's free to mingle.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by gsainttrinity(m): 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
makydebbie:
Sure, we learn everyday. smiley

Lool, like you said, people have given different interpretations of introversion. I just love keeping to myself and I'm not a social person. Does that make me a snub? Definitely not. I'm not just the type that's free to mingle.

Don't argue you are not a snub because technically you are.! shocked
How would you describe someone you tried striking a conversation with but keeps ignoring your attempt?..... SNUB!!

By the way thank you for pointing me in the direction of being an 'Ambivert'. Having gone through this articles
https://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/ambiverts-for-the-silver?utm_term=.esVKJxAWp#.pv5nX0g7N

I think I am more of an Ambivert than anything else.

One world summarizes me....."I easily get bored"
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by hanassholesolo: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
gsainttrinity:

Very low self-esteemed people( which from my observation accounts for over 90% percent of the world population) doesn't make it any easy for people like us.

90% of the world population? Are you sure you don't have delusion of grandeur? because it's common amongst your type who think they are such a special snowflake, and that nobody gets them while they are just plain weirdo's.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by gsainttrinity(m): 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2017
hanassholesolo:

90% of the world population? Are you sure you don't have delusion of grandeur? because it's common amongst your type who think they are such a special snowflake, and that nobody gets them while they are just plain weirdo's.

Ok maybe not 90% but 9 of 10 persons I met on random have low self esteem....
#myOpinion don't worked up... I am honestly wrong. tongue
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by makydebbie(f): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
gsainttrinity:

Don't argue you are not a snub because technically you are.! shocked
How would you describe someone you tried striking a conversation with but keeps ignoring your attempt?..... SNUB!!

Lool, I'll gently explain I don't wanna be involved in a convo. I won't be rude trust me. But sometimes, I indulge some people I find intelligent and interesting.

By the way thank you for pointing me in the direction of being an 'Ambivert'. Having gone through this articles
https://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/ambiverts-for-the-silver?utm_term=.esVKJxAWp#.pv5nX0g7N

I think I am more of an Ambivert than anything else.

One world summarizes me....."I easily get bored"
Uwc. wink
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by gsainttrinity(m): 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
makydebbie:

Lool, I'll gently explain I don't wanna be involved in a convo. I won't be rude trust me. But sometimes, I indulge some people I find intelligent and interesting.

I understand... It's hard talking to people who are gloriously ignorant with heavy irrational sentiments,, to me conversations with such kind is punishment.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by makydebbie(f): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
gsainttrinity:

I understand... It's hard talking to people who are gloriously ignorant with heavy irrational sentiments,, to me conversations with such kind is punishment.
Exactly, intellectual discourse brings me out of my shell most times.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by gsainttrinity(m): 10:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
makydebbie:
Exactly, intellectual discourse brings me out of my shell most times.

I think its harder finding women who doesn't talk petty. You are rare!!

Thumbs up..
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Crystalxx(f): 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
Great write-up i enjoy it
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by makydebbie(f): 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
gsainttrinity:

I think its harder finding women who doesn't talk petty. You are rare!!

Thumbs up..
Thank you. smiley
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by gsainttrinity(m): 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
makydebbie:
Thank you. smiley

Pleasure is all mine...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by MissJoy29(f): 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
I have always known I have a strong personality. Though a lot of people confuse it as being domineering, strong-willed and sometimes arrogant.

Number 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6 aptly describes me especially 1, 3 & 4.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by alexis007(m): 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
This perfectly illustrates two football players I know: Sergio Ramos and Gianlugi Buffon.

And I loved the former so much that I began to model my life after his. Dude is just a sweet example for prospective leaders, whatever the discipline.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by babyfaceafrica: 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
So what should we do with all these?
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by theapeman: 11:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
DreamChaser2000:
5. You can live without the spotlight

If you’ve got a strong personality, then you do not need attention. So why do people who meet you think you are an attention hog? It’s because you have something besides a strong personality; you have a magnetic personality as well. People are just drawn to your openness and honesty. You don’t socialize because you have a dire need to- you do it because people need and want you around.
you just describe me on this!
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
DreamChaser2000:
4. You listen to others

Sure, it sounds like a great thing that most people would appreciate. However, listening to people and giving them your honest advice can be terrifying to someone who is used to living their life in a box of conformity and shame.
This is me, I like to listen to people.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
I have always known I have a strong personality, someone told me that before, but some people don't understand us, they tag us stubborn, authoritative, rigid and strong-willed, but that's not really what it is because it is what it is.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 14, 2017
DreamChaser2000:
5. You can live without the spotlight

If you’ve got a strong personality, then you do not need attention. So why do people who meet you think you are an attention hog? It’s because you have something besides a strong personality; you have a magnetic personality as well. People are just drawn to your openness and honesty. You don’t socialize because you have a dire need to- you do it because people need and want you around.
This is me, I'm very honest with people, tell them what is on my mind without adding or subtracting anything, not minding how they feel, of course they will feel bad but deep down, they know its true.

Because of this personality, some people prefer to ask my opinion about something because they know I will be plain, truthful and honest with them notwithstanding.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by kalufelix(m): 12:11am On Nov 14, 2017
All Your Descriptions Are On Point

I Remember When I Was In Secondary School Am Always The One To Settle An Argument. Peeps Are Always Like 'lets Ask Felix' 'feli What Do You Think About This Or That And My Verdict Is Always Generally Acceptable By Any Rational Mind. If It Were On A Subject That Am Not Well Informed I Still Let Them Know

I Don't Make A Lot Of Friends But People Are Always Drawn To Me And 70% Of Them Are Usually People Older Than Me But I Still Command Their Respect

The Downside Is That Most People Think You Are Arrogant And Rude Sometimes I Wish Am Different Especially In R/ships Girls Think You Arent Fun And Romantic Enough

But Generally People Tend To Like Me Cos Am Like Something That They Ve Never Seen Before..My Friend Once Named Me "foreign Man" Lol

Oluwa Eshe O For Giving Me Such Personality
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 14, 2017
makydebbie:
Maybe you're an ambivert , and your behavior sometimes confuses your friends. I asked because I'm introverted and most people mistake it as being a snub.
People perceive we introverts as snub, close minded rigid people etc.

Like you, sometimes, I just don't feel like talking to people around me, I just feel like being alone in my room and when they are talking, I might snub them, they end up thinking an having beef with them not knowing its not what they think.

This particular guy where I live, I do greet him but don't associate, the guy called me one day and asked me "baby why you dey beef me? I laughed and told him am not beefing him, he said so because I don't talk with him and his friends or gist with them like other girls around.

Everybody cannot be the same and I can't change who I am no matter how hard I try. Talking too much actually give me headache and dry throat, I prefer talking online grin.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Boxer007(m): 12:28am On Nov 14, 2017
Chybeibe:

Like you, sometimes, I just don't feel like talking to people around me, I just feel like being alone in my room and when they are talking, I might snub them, they end up thinking an having beef with them not knowing its not what they think.

This particular guy where I live, I do greet him but don't associate, the guy called me one day and asked me "baby why you dey beef me? I laughed and told him am not beefing him, he said so because I don't talk with him and his friends or gist with them like other girls around.

Everybody cannot be the same and I can't change who I am no matter how hard I try. Talking too much actually give me headache and dry throat, I prefer talking online grin.

Can I buy you pant?
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 14, 2017
Boxer007:

Can I buy you pant?
What's all these embarrassment? respect yourself please, this joke is too expensive.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by rex444(m): 2:52am On Nov 14, 2017
Are there any Chinese speaking guys n gals in the house? Up for a translation job? Leave your naija contacts behind...
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by makydebbie(f): 7:26am On Nov 14, 2017
Chybeibe:

Lol, bae I can totally relate. grin
That's how someone said I'm a snub because my dad is a pastor and I see it as some sort of achievement. He even said I'm forming holier than thou. Lmao. grin

I also prefer talking online. I tend to express myself better. They think everybody can be the same so when you're sort of different, then you're termed something derogatory. We just want to keep to ourselves sometimes, can't people understand? embarassed
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Boxer007(m): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2017
Chybeibe:
What's all these embarrassment? respect yourself please, this joke is too expensive.

Embarassment how? Where? U saying u want me to buy u expensive pant? U are a gold digger
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 14, 2017
makydebbie:
Lol, bae I can totally relate. grin
That's how someone said I'm a snub because my dad is a pastor and I see it as some sort of achievement. He even said I'm forming holier than thou. Lmao. grin

I also prefer talking online. I tend to express myself better. They think everybody can be the same so when you're sort of different, then you're termed something derogatory. We just want to keep to ourselves sometimes, can't people understand? embarassed
Hahahahahahaha.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 14, 2017
So guilty of number 3

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by kozmicity: 10:20am On Nov 14, 2017
DeadRat:
may Be You Havent Heard Of Sanguine, Choleric, Melancholy, Phlegmatic... They Are Four Basic Temperaments and Every Person Falls Under One Or Two

with me being Chlor/Mel ratio 70:30
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by kozmicity: 10:23am On Nov 14, 2017
gsainttrinity:
Wow.. That's me!!

I always suspected I had this in me
-------------------------------------------

I'm so number one, one of my girlfriends thinks I am actually a proud person who does not believe in other peoples weaknesses.

Although I have tried to explain that there are no reasons good enough for being inadequate but she looks me like some very weird egoistic person.

People usually say I have the perfect personality...Ah dunno what say means oo
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 14, 2017
kozmicity:

with me being Chlor/Mel ratio 70:30
i Am Mel/Chol
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by kozmicity: 10:34am On Nov 14, 2017
DeadRat:
i Am Mel/Chol

Ah don belivit!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Nigerian Couple Share After Se-x Photos On Facebook(18+) / Advise Needed On Living With A Lady As A Guy / Can't Release With A Condom On. Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.