Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home (5265 Views)

I Spend A Lot Of Money On Girls But Some Guys Do Not Spend A Dime / Nigerian Man Set To Spend Over 4million For The Weekend, Shows It Off (photos) / Please Any Solution To Someone That Keep Losing Money Each Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Airforce1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
yhemster:
Since you're working from home then location of ur accommodation shouldn't be prioritise. I can say confidently that there will those location around that have guaranteed 15-18 hours of electricity daily. Sometimes, cheaper rent location doesn't always worth it considering other factors like transportation, power availability etc. So, it's best to consider change of accommodation to an area with stable power.
I've been living here for 6 years now and we always enjoy upto 17 to 19 power supply a day till Fashola became minister of power.

Can't move out now because I've renewed my rent for another 1 and half year.
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Alwaysking: 4:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
Broke nigga

1 Like

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
KreativGenius:

Indeed, kid yourself. Build your inverter based on your power consumption. Stop being petty. If you use ten flat screen TVS, twenty laptops, fifteen electronic copiers, there's an inverter capacity that can carry all these appliances all at once for the same number of days. Stop being petty
It's called an inverter for a reason, not a power plant. Obviously the 150k inverter that powers your appliances for 3days does so on fan and television.
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by HITTED(m): 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
KreativGenius:

There's a working formular to ensure you know before you purchase an inverter for your home. First calculate the maximum power threshold/consumption, then calcuate the duration you need it per day, multiple it by the number of hours, then get a battery whose capacitance can hold this period, finally get a solar panel config that gives two times the daily power consumption within a day period. It is mathematically calculated out, except if you just jumped to the market. Grow up amigo !

KreativGenius:

Indeed, kid yourself. Build your inverter based on your power consumption. Stop being petty. If you use ten flat screen TVS, twenty laptops, fifteen electronic copiers, there's an inverter capacity that can carry all these appliances all at once for the same number of days. Stop being petty
Why are you hyperventilating over a simple discussion. I don't think it's even an argument and you're already telling me to "grow up" and "stop being petty".

Anyway, I don't use inverter but a neighbour of mine does. He bought it last year, everything large size - batteries and inverter - hoping it would serve him longer than usual. I'm sure this guy spent over 300k. Unfortunately, this inverter didn't last more than 8 hours on first use because he used all the aforementioned electrical appliances. But when he stopped using them he started enjoying longer duration of the inverter's service, though he has the alternative of PHCN. This is a little bit past one year and his batteries are already due for replacement.

I don't know how it works for you but what I said is based on another man's experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by HITTED(m): 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2017
Benita27:
It's called an inverter for a reason, not a power plant. Obviously the 150k inverter that powers your appliances for 3days does so on fan and television.

I'm really curious to know which particular inverter can serve one for 3 days with all home appliances in full use.
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
HITTED:

Why are you hyperventilating over a simple discussion. I don't think it's even an argument and you're already telling me to "grow up" and "stop being petty".

Anyway, I don't use inverter but a neighbour of mine does. He bought it last year, everything large size - batteries and inverter - hoping it would serve him longer than usual. I'm sure this guy spent over 300k. Unfortunately, this inverter didn't last more than 8 hours on first use because he used all the aforementioned electrical appliances. But when he stopped using them he started enjoying longer duration of the inverter's service, though he has the alternative of PHCN. This is a little bit past one year and his batteries are already due for replacement.

I don't know how it works for you but what I said is based on another man's experience.

My apologies for quoting twice. I felt the need for additional information that's all. Sowwie abou the storng words as well. Anyway, the secret is not about the battery alone, nor the cost, but the whole circuit. The solar panel has to be able to generate twice more power than is consumed on a ten hours basis. That's all !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
HITTED:

I'm really curious to know which particular inverter can serve one for 3 days with all home appliances in full use.
Same here. Perhaps, if he tells us the brand and price with a picture of it in his house we'd believe him. cheesy
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
HITTED:

Sorry i limit my power consumption to the barest minimum so i'm wrong., i'll quote a quick setup in just a moment though
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
1200 Mah batteries that's 180,000 Naira

2,000-3,000 Watts Inverter 50,000 Naira

500 -800 Watts Solar Panel 80,000 Naira

Combined Total 310,000 Naira

The secret of any solar circuit setup is the power consumption. Make sure twice more power is generated and there's an excess, and it'll be fine.
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by HITTED(m): 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2017
Benita27:
Same here. Perhaps, if he tells us the brand and price with a picture of it in his house we'd believe him. cheesy
grin grin
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by HITTED(m): 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
KreativGenius:

Sorry i limit my power consumption to the barest minimum so i'm wrong., i'll quote a quick setup in just a moment though
Ok, admittedly, inverter has its pros and cons. But can you tell us how long you've using yours and how it has served you so far and, if possible, give the prospective us a few pointers?
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by MoyosBlog123: 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2017
Sorry for derailing guys. Please can u just state areas with at least 15hours power supply daily. I just hope when we move to these areas PHCN won't start their nonsense again. ... I can't even boast of 2.5hours light daily where I stay. cry
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
HITTED:

Ok, admittedly, inverter has its pros and cons. But can you tell us how long you've using yours and how it has served you so far and, if possible, give the prospective us a few pointers?

Now this is the secret i keep explaining to folks.

Now, battery is the expensive piece, while the solar panel is relatively cheaper.

But we all need battery because they're the brain of the system. So i always recommend going for half the battery size you need and twice the solar panel size that should be used. This means, if you need let's say "2 " battery, and then " 4 " solar panel, then i advice going for " 1" battery and then " 8 " solar panel.

This implies if the rate of power generation is higher than the storage and consumption, excess power is generated. Suffice to say, a solar panel that stores charges even during dull weather works perfect because before the battery drains out, the next set of power is ready for fresh supply, so the supply has to be twice the rate of consumption. Unlike conventional strategy where people are advised to get bogus batteries which is always a pocket breaker.

Used mine now 12 months by the Grace of God !

If you list your apparatus, i can draw a quick sketch of your power needs and how to get it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
Sorry for derailing guys. Please can u just state areas with at least 15hours power supply daily. I just hope when we move to these areas PHCN won't start their nonsense again. ... I can't even boast of 2.5hours light daily where I stay. cry

On the Island, i get around 2-4 days of light at times uninterrupted. If it's interrupted, you can expect 15 hours daily
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by ken2baba(m): 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
KreativGenius:

Inverter plus solar panel. No need for light
solar ain't cheap bro

1 Like

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
ken2baba:
solar ain't cheap bro

Grab a pen and work out the maths on the amount you spend on fuel on a cumulative basis !
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by yhemster(m): 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
In my opinion, any area with abt 95% of residents on prepaid meters are priority areas to the Power distribution companies.
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by MoyosBlog123: 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
Looking at Alimosho
yhemster:

In my opinion, any area with abt 95% of residents on prepaid meters are priority areas to the Power distribution companies.
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by HITTED(m): 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2017
KreativGenius:

Now this is the secret i keep explaining to folks.

Now, battery is the expensive piece, while the solar panel is relatively cheaper.

But we all need battery because they're the brain of the system. So i always recommend going for half the battery size you need and twice the solar panel size that should be used. This means, if you need let's say "2 " battery, and then " 4 " solar panel, then i advice going for " 1" battery and then " 8 " solar panel.

This implies if the rate of power generation is higher than the storage and consumption, excess power is generated. Suffice to say, a solar panel that stores charges even during dull weather works perfect because before the battery drains out, the next set of power is ready for fresh supply, so the supply has to be twice the rate of consumption. Unlike conventional strategy where people are advised to get bogus batteries which is always a pocket breaker.

Used mine now 12 months by the Grace of God !

If you list your apparatus, i can draw a quick sketch of your power needs and how to get it
Ok, I'll need to use my 42" flat screen, home theater (honestly, I don't know the watt but it's Tall Boy) a laptop, a small fridge, scratch AC - I can manage ceiling fan. Then I have a 300k budget. Can I work out something with that, and how much will it serve me?
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
HITTED:

Ok, I'll need to use my 42" flat screen, home theater (honestly, I don't know the watt but it's Tall Boy) a laptop, a small fridge, scratch AC - I can manage ceiling fan. Then I have a 300k budget. Can I work out something with that, and how much will it serve me?

Take out the AC, on a 350-400k budget, you can have good stuff it should serve 10 hours before discharge ! But with 400k,you're good !
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by HITTED(m): 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
KreativGenius:

Take out the AC, on a 350-400k budget, you can have good stuff it should serve 10 hours before discharge ! But with 400k,you're good !
LOL!
Alright then, I still have a little way up to go. I just hope it's worth it.

Thanks, man.
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
HITTED:

LOL!
Alright then, I still have a little way up to go. I just hope it's worth it.

Thanks, man.

Trust me, you won't regret it !.

See when you're going for it, go for the 3000 Watts, if you need more secrets hit me up !

If properly managed, you can add more appliances
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by yhemster(m): 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
KreativGenius:

Trust me, you won't regret it !.

See when you're going for it, go for the 3000 Watts, if you need more secrets hit me up !

If properly managed, you can add more appliances
What's the life span of the batteries?
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2017
yhemster:

What's the life span of the batteries?

1. Standard rule, don't let the base of your battery rest on bare ground

2. Don't let it run down before you turn it off

Do this, and it's pronto !
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by ItsJonathan(m): 7:00pm On Nov 13, 2017
Air Force one. I am just twenty and I have my own apartment.(tastefully furnished). A better cellphone and is building my home. You don’t see me bragging about it.

There’s a fine line between being grateful and bragging. I use to think you were grateful to god and this was your way of showing it. But now I think you’re plain stupid. In your room and parkour selfcontain and a 30k tv in the lowest grade of fake Gucci wears

2 Likes

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by unadeymadkwa: 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hmmm. I once read on one of this dude's post where he said he was an air traffic controller. Didn't know he worked from home too.

1 Like

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Airforce1(m): 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
ItsJonathan:
Air Force one. I am just twenty and I have my own apartment.(tastefully furnished). A better cellphone and is building my home. You don’t see me bragging about it.

There’s a fine line between being grateful and bragging. I use to think you were grateful to god and this was your way of showing it. But now I think you’re plain stupid. In your room and parkour selfcontain and a 30k tv in the lowest grade of fake Gucci wears

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by unadeymadkwa: 7:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
ItsJonathan:

Dude u just bragged about what you have. Making your comment arrogant and invalid...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by ItsJonathan(m): 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
unadeymadkwa:

Dude u just bragged about what you have. Making your comment arrogant and invalid...

If you feel it’s bragging, that’s your own cup of tea

3 Likes

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Airforce1(m): 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
unadeymadkwa:

What more can I say
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by 1234onyekwe: 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
Where is ur plasma TV, missing in action.
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by tmx21(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
Airforce1:
Being a young business man in today's Nigeria can be so challenging , especially with the way our electricity supply ha been reduced to ground zero leaving me with no other choice than to run my generator 24/7 to keep my business running.

Every month I spend over 42k (fourty two thousand naira) to fuel my generator and this kind of make working from home a little bit challenging.

But anyways , it is too late to fail Amen.
lol, was once in your shoes. but I know it'll sound odd if I tell you that 50k will give 12hrs power daily for 24 months. the last time I bought fuel was 3 yrs ago. quote me for the secret.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Women Still Get It Wrong / Please Help! I Always Release Within 10 Seconds During Sex / Ur Experience Dating Hawker Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.