Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home (5264 Views)

I Spend A Lot Of Money On Girls But Some Guys Do Not Spend A Dime / Nigerian Man Set To Spend Over 4million For The Weekend, Shows It Off (photos) / Please Any Solution To Someone That Keep Losing Money Each Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Airforce1(m): 10:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
tmx21:
lol, was once in your shoes. but I know it'll sound odd if I tell you that 50k will give 12hrs power daily for 24 months. the last time I bought fuel was 3 yrs ago. quote me for the secret.
This small boys sef cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by tmx21(m): 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
Airforce1:

This small boys sef cheesy grin cheesy grin
so you believe no younger person can solve an elder's challenge? you even qualified me like ive asked you for anything. I despise 9jerians. Go on, spend your 400k.
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by fergieboy: 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
tmx21:
lol, was once in your shoes. but I know it'll sound odd if I tell you that 50k will give 12hrs power daily for 24 months. the last time I bought fuel was 3 yrs ago. quote me for the secret.
boss i need it
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
fergieboy:
boss i need it
you need what ?
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Jboiy(m): 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤How much do you spend on smokes and booze

♤in a month? shocked

nice question!

1 Like

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by chronique(m): 12:34am On Nov 14, 2017
KreativGenius:

Now this is the secret i keep explaining to folks.

Now, battery is the expensive piece, while the solar panel is relatively cheaper.

But we all need battery because they're the brain of the system. So i always recommend going for half the battery size you need and twice the solar panel size that should be used. This means, if you need let's say "2 " battery, and then " 4 " solar panel, then i advice going for " 1" battery and then " 8 " solar panel.

This implies if the rate of power generation is higher than the storage and consumption, excess power is generated. Suffice to say, a solar panel that stores charges even during dull weather works perfect because before the battery drains out, the next set of power is ready for fresh supply, so the supply has to be twice the rate of consumption. Unlike conventional strategy where people are advised to get bogus batteries which is always a pocket breaker.

Used mine now 12 months by the Grace of God !

If you list your apparatus, i can draw a quick sketch of your power needs and how to get it

Give me a sketch for this.

16 energy saving bulbs round the house
5 yellow bulbs at gate (not energy saving)
2 street lights (the large sized energy saving)
4 regular fans
3 industrial fans
2 freezers
26 energy saving bulbs
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by chronique(m): 12:39am On Nov 14, 2017
tmx21:

Share secrets pls.
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by 2dice01: 12:39am On Nov 14, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
Looking at Alimosho
alimosho

Just come to Egbe...ile iwe precisely

The light there is minimum of 18hrs warranty grin
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Airforce1(m): 5:53am On Nov 14, 2017
chronique:

Give me a sketch for this.

16 energy saving bulbs round the house
5 yellow bulbs at gate (not energy saving)
2 street lights (the large sized energy saving)
4 regular fans
3 industrial fans
2 freezers
26 energy saving bulbs
@kreavtivgenius
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 14, 2017
Hey Guys,

Seeing this thread and being a solar energy person for close to 5 years now, I can confidently tell that nobody is solving Airforce 1 problem.

Firstly, Solar is the way to go, no doubt about that. However the real issue about going Solar is the upfront cost. Many of you keep talking about 300k to 400k, do you really think that is a small money.

Secondly, most system design advice I see here is wrong. Airforce1 needs either a 1KW of PV plus 2 units of deep cycle batteries (12v 200AH), a charge controller, a 1.5KVA inverter plus wirings, battery and roof rack, battery rack, labour and logistics -This is not a small money to buy outright.

Secondly, if he thinks this is too expensive, he can scale down on his load a little bit, and use a 500W of PV plus 1 unit of battery (12v 200AH), a 950VA inverter, charge controllers, plus wirings, battery rack, roof rack, and labour to get the job done.

Once he does any of the above, he can kiss his Gen and fuel cost good bye for the next 2 decades...sounds too good to be true but it is.

Now I can help provide a 24 months interest-free finance for the above projects. Its simple, see below:

For the 500W System
- 35% deposit of N156,450
- 24 monthly repayments of N12,106
Full price - N447k

For the 1KW System
-35% deposit of N312,550
-24 monthly repayments of N24,185
Full Price - 893k

All components come with at least a 2 Year warranty.

Secondly, if the above prices are still too high for you, take advantage of PAYG being offered by my company.
Here, you lease the solar system for a 5 year period by paying a small connection fee, the pay a fixed monthly fee every month for 60 months after which the system will be left for you.

500W system
- Connection fee - N67,500
-Monthly fee - N11,150

1KW System
-Connection fee - N135,000
-Monthly fee - N22,350

Whatever suits you here beats you spending over N40k monthly on power. Excluding the annoying noise and fume of a generator plus its maintenance + servicing cost and other minor wahala.

Nigerians need to wise up Pls. We all have internet, google solar financing companies in Nigeria.

I'm available to answer questions if anyone has.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by fergieboy: 9:48am On Nov 14, 2017
tmx21:
jamariwolf:
you need what ?
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by oneshowguy: 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
LONG 12V 200 Amp WPL200-12BN 200Ah Rechargeable Sealed Lead Acid Deep Cycle Battery With Button Style Terminals

In Stock

CERTIFICATION - ISO9001, ISO14001,TL9000, CE, and UL Certified

BATTERY TYPE - 12V 200 Amp Rechargeable Sealed Lead Acid Deep Cycle Battery With Button Style Terminals

APPLICATION - Alarm System, Emergency Lighting System, Firefighting Equipment, Standby Power Supply and Telephone Switching System, Uninterrupted Power Supply, Telecommunication System, Computer Standby Power Supply System, Solar and Wind Power storage Etc....

RUGGED DESIGN - The battery case is made from a Non-Conductive ABS plastic, Strong Resistance to Shock, Vibration, Chemicals, Weather and Heat. Very easy to install and requires no maintenance.

BATTERY WEIGHT - 62KG

WARRANTY - At LONG, each battery has been strictly quality controlled. Each LONG Deep Cycle battery will come with a ONE year warranty. So you can purchase with confident.

LIFE SPAN - At 80% DOD 500 cycles / At 30% DOD 1400 cycles (4 to 5 years)

https://www.back2back.ae/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/WPL200-12BN-6.pdf

For any inquiry contact our Nigeria Sales Manager on Michael@back2back.ae or Whatsapp: 2348123329521

Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Sharmeenator(m): 9:48am On Nov 16, 2017
ItsJonathan:

If you feel it’s bragging, that’s your own cup of tea

You are even worse than him
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Sharmeenator(m): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2017
2dice01:
alimosho

Just come to Egbe...ile iwe precisely

The light there is minimum of 18hrs warranty grin

Egbe is for real. I have a friend who lives in Ile Owe. Sometimes he told me they do boat of 24hrs supply.

Alimosho don cast....their light isn't as good as before
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by 2dice01: 10:01am On Nov 16, 2017
Sharmeenator:

Egbe is for real. I have a friend who lives in Ile Owe. Sometimes he told me they do boat of 24hrs supply.

Alimosho don cast....their light isn't as good as before
sure bro

The light over here na you go dey off your prepaid grin
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Sharmeenator(m): 10:17am On Nov 16, 2017
Bro, your analysis below is very expensive for an average Joe to afford in Nigeria. I will use myself as an example.

I have a 3kva generator which powers my appliances, refrigerator inclusive. I spend btw 18k to 25k a month on fuel depending on frequency of electricity supply for that month. I service it every six months with just N1500.

Your monthly lease for 1KW system for 22k won't power my fridge. I will need to spend 50% to 100% to get a lease system that can power my appliances including refrigerator and sometime 1hp air conditioner. An average Nigerian will choose to use generator irrespective of the noise and fumes (which won't affect if far away from the apartment) over your solar power system because it's cheaper in the short run.

I am not discrediting solar power system. I believe it's the best but very expensive for an average Joe like me. You will see Nigerians adopting solar power in droves when it becomes cheaper to use.

moniker234:
Hey Guys,

Seeing this thread and being a solar energy person for close to 5 years now, I can confidently tell that nobody is solving Airforce 1 problem.

Firstly, Solar is the way to go, no doubt about that. However the real issue about going Solar is the upfront cost. Many of you keep talking about 300k to 400k, do you really think that is a small money.

Secondly, most system design advice I see here is wrong. Airforce1 needs either a 1KW of PV plus 2 units of deep cycle batteries (12v 200AH), a charge controller, a 1.5KVA inverter plus wirings, battery and roof rack, battery rack, labour and logistics -This is not a small money to buy outright.

Secondly, if he thinks this is too expensive, he can scale down on his load a little bit, and use a 500W of PV plus 1 unit of battery (12v 200AH), a 950VA inverter, charge controllers, plus wirings, battery rack, roof rack, and labour to get the job done.

Once he does any of the above, he can kiss his Gen and fuel cost good bye for the next 2 decades...sounds too good to be true but it is.

Now I can help provide a 24 months interest-free finance for the above projects. Its simple, see below:

For the 500W System
Full price - N447k

For the 1KW System
-35% deposit of N312,550
Full Price - 893k

Secondly, if the above prices are still too high for you, take advantage of PAYG being offered by my company.
Here, you lease the solar system for a 5 year period by paying a small connection fee, the pay a fixed monthly fee every month for 60 months after which the system will be left for you.

500W system
-Monthly fee - N11,150

1KW System
-Monthly fee - N22,350

Whatever suits you here beats you spending over N40k monthly on power. Excluding the annoying noise and fume of a generator plus its maintenance + servicing cost and other minor wahala.

Nigerians need to wise up Pls. We all have internet, google solar financing companies in Nigeria.

Thanks
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by pocohantas(f): 10:18am On Nov 16, 2017
HITTED:

Why are you hyperventilating over a simple discussion. I don't think it's even an argument and you're already telling me to "grow up" and "stop being petty".

Anyway, I don't use inverter but a neighbour of mine does. He bought it last year, everything large size - batteries and inverter - hoping it would serve him longer than usual. I'm sure this guy spent over 300k. Unfortunately, this inverter didn't last more than 8 hours on first use because he used all the aforementioned electrical appliances. But when he stopped using them he started enjoying longer duration of the inverter's service, though he has the alternative of PHCN. This is a little bit past one year and his batteries are already due for replacement.

I don't know how it works for you but what I said is based on another man's experience.

Don't be deceived o. It's expensive. One 12v 200ah battery costs over 100k. Some inverters use it in duos...

moniker234:
Hey Guys,

For the 500W System
Full price - N447k

For the 1KW System
-35% deposit of N312,550
Full Price - 893k

500W system
-Monthly fee - N11,150

1KW System
-Monthly fee - N22,350

Thanks
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by johnstar(m): 10:32am On Nov 16, 2017
Weytn dis post dey find for romance section

I nor dey understand dis guy oo

Attention seeker

U post dis shit for here bcus u knw say na here gals dey always dey active

Useles pig

I pity those mumu gals wey dey fall for u

Anumpama
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Lush100(m): 4:05am On Nov 17, 2017
KreativGenius:

Now this is the secret i keep explaining to folks.

Now, battery is the expensive piece, while the solar panel is relatively cheaper.

But we all need battery because they're the brain of the system. So i always recommend going for half the battery size you need and twice the solar panel size that should be used. This means, if you need let's say "2 " battery, and then " 4 " solar panel, then i advice going for " 1" battery and then " 8 " solar panel.

This implies if the rate of power generation is higher than the storage and consumption, excess power is generated. Suffice to say, a solar panel that stores charges even during dull weather works perfect because before the battery drains out, the next set of power is ready for fresh supply, so the supply has to be twice the rate of consumption. Unlike conventional strategy where people are advised to get bogus batteries which is always a pocket breaker.

Used mine now 12 months by the Grace of God !

If you list your apparatus, i can draw a quick sketch of your power needs and how to get it

hi,
pls kindly give me ur advice, sketch & cost estimation.

I have a 1.4kva inverter (sine wave) made by TEC (thermacool (PZ) engineering company.
I think my batteries (2) are bad , I haven't used it for a while.

I want to get a solar set up.

my target is 1 200AH battery if my battery is bad.

solar panel say 3 or 4,

I intend to use only phones, rechargeable lamp rechargeable fan and 32 inch lg TV and decoder.
rechargeable lamp & fan, & phone in afternoon when solar set up is charging, and only TV & decoder , phones , lamp(when low) at night.

pls advice me,
(also any device to turn off discharge like towards evening e.g 4.30 pm in case I'm not home by then to avoid drain if there is issue with by-pass
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Holmes07(m): 2:21am On Nov 18, 2017
Airforce1:
Increase electricity tariffs but give us light , No problem .
Airforce put power problems behind you! I could completely eradicate that amount u spend on a monthly basics or reduce it, depends on you tho.. I specialize in solar power installation and energy back up systems(Inverter), feel free to contact me so dt i'll design an affordable power system for u be it solar power or energy back-up... My facebook page is www.facbook.com/CrystalSolarNG
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Holmes07(m): 2:38am On Nov 18, 2017
Lush100:

hi,

I have a 1.4kva inverter (sine wave) made by TEC (thermacool (PZ) engineering company.

solar panel say 3 or 4,

I intend to use only phones, rechargeable lamp rechargeable fan and 32 inch lg TV and decoder.
rechargeable lamp & fan, & phone in afternoon when solar set up is charging, and only TV & decoder , phones , lamp(when low) at night.

pls advice me,
(also any device to turn off discharge like towards evening e.g 4.30 pm in case I'm not home by then to avoid drain if there is issue with by-pass
Ur energy need isnt much, a 400watts systems will just be sufficient for all wat u listed out. What u need are:
*Two 200watts panels (80k in total)
*40amps pwm charge controller(30k )
*Batteries of which u av buh since u're planning to get 200ah battery i'll advice u to do so it costs arnd 100k..
*inverter u av 1 already..
Call me on 07088602516 to help u with the installation, that's mah profession...
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Holmes07(m): 2:47am On Nov 18, 2017
Airforce1:
Increase electricity tariffs but give us light , No problem .
Airforce put power problems behind you! I could completely eradicate that amount u spend on a monthly basics or reduce it, depends on you tho.. I specialize in solar power installation and energy back up systems(Inverter), feel free to contact me so dt i'll design an affordable power system for u be it solar power or energy back-up... My facebook page is www.facbook.com/CrystalSolarNG
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Lush100(m): 3:24am On Nov 18, 2017
Lush100:

hi,

solar panel say 3 or 4,

pls advice me,

@KreativGenius, waiting for ur response please
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Lush100(m): 3:31am On Nov 18, 2017
Holmes07:

Ur energy need isnt much, a 400watts systems will just be sufficient for all wat u listed out. What u need are:
*Two 200watts panels (80k in total)
*40amps pwm charge controller(30k )
*Batteries of which u av buh since u're planning to get 200ah battery i'll advice u to do so it costs arnd 100k..
*inverter u av 1 already..
Call me on 07088602516 to help u with the installation, that's mah profession...

OK thanks,

what's the average duration of discharge for this set up,
also what type/make of battery u intend for the 100k.
I used TEC 200AH gel battery,
how can I know if its still okay before I sell it out.
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by Holmes07(m): 2:45am On Nov 20, 2017
Lush100:

OK thanks,

what's the average duration of discharge for this set up,
also what type/make of battery u intend for the 100k.
I used TEC 200AH gel battery,
how can I know if its still okay before I sell it out.
On a good day dt set-up might last at least 18hrs..
Luminous batteries are about that range..
Check the voltage of ur battery if it is below 12v, it's bad..
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by makavele: 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
HITTED:

I'm really curious to know which particular inverter can serve one for 3 days with all home appliances in full use.

There are . . . An inverter system can be designed to last 2 weeks on the whole appliances in your street . . without depleting . .

Like he explained to you; there's a calculation of the power needs first before the purchase.

1f for example 1 battery last me for 5 hours' if i buy 50 batteries = 50 x 5 = 250 hours . .

if it lasts me for 3 days; 50 batts will be 50 x 3 days = 150 days

so it depends on my pocket strength too? Do i really have the money for such a huge amount of batteries ( panels etc.?)

If my total power needs for 1 week is 500kwH; and i design a system of 50000kwH;

I hope you know it would last me 1 week x 100 = 500 weeks

You get the drift?

1st calculate your power needs; 2nd design the system . .

But be careful, cos designing a system to power lots of loads for days = hefty millions of naira . .
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by makavele: 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
KreativGenius:

Take out the AC, on a 350-400k budget, you can have good stuff it should serve 10 hours before discharge ! But with 400k,you're good !

It will not serve 10 hours before discharge !!

Expect a whole world of disappointment if you believe so.

On his budget; it will serve only 3 to 3.5 hours b4 discharge

Thanks
Re: I Spend Over #42k Each Month On Generator Alone Working From Home by makavele: 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
KreativGenius:

[s]1. Standard rule, don't let the base of your battery rest on bare ground[/s]

2. Don't let it run down before you turn it off

Do this, and it's pronto !

That's a myth and it's false !!!

Whether its on bare ground, cemented ground, tiles, carpet or whatever ; has nothing to do with battery capacitance/discharge rate sir !

Do not post false/unverified myths sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Secondary School Student Posts Nudes Online / Ten Reasons To Date Igbo Guys! / Will You Leave Your Partner If They Wanted This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.