Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship (12118 Views)

Lady Slaps Her Boyfriend, Ruins Marriage Proposal (Photos, Video) / Your Ex -lover Should Never Be Your Friend After Break Up, It Ruins Relationship / Learn From Me, Masturbation Ruins Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
pocohantas:

How about, the earlier the African 'chauvinist' realise this, the better for them? Why would a man want to dominate his wife? Do they know the meaning of that word at all? Marriage is partnership, it's not competition, it's not a battle. You don't spend too much time trying to dominate your spouse, against his or her wish. That's too draining and unfulfilling.

I know there are men that are submissive. If they are doing it willingly, and the woman doesn't abuse it...it's okay by me. That applies to 'submissive' wives too. The overall happiness of the home is all that matters, more reason I always say, everyone should go for their kind of partner. I've been with a guy who hates the whole 'submissive' concept. He is a normal African man.
the problem is you see this as a female gender attack. thats why you mentioned the bolded. I have explained to you why it seems like the man is dominating in this part of the world. It is because Men are responsible for the total needs of most wives in this part of the world. some even carry inlaw problem too. whilst there may be nothing wrong with it, such men will always frown at it when their wives cannot place themselves low.... this is where the problem is and why many African women are getting the idea of feminism twisted. some persons created a thread sometime and tried to convince women to forget marriage and not make it a priority. I was amazed when some women came attacking the dude with different reasons. why marry when you know you do not have a means of survival and you cannot become low to the instructions of a man? You cannot have it all. A lady created a thread about how she denied her husband sex for one year and how she thinks she is over doing it. whilst I condemn her actions, she is able to do it because she is a woman that can survive financially without the man. I think the man understands this and that's why he kept his cool. If she couldn't do her thing herself, do you think she would have been able to deny that man sex for a year... the man for don give am slaps now. That's how it works babe. you cant eat your cake and have it. That is what life is. Run your thing not depending on your man for your everyday survival, see him respect himself!

2 Likes

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by pocohantas(f): 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
majekdom2:
the problem is you see this as a female gender attack. thats why you mentioned the bolded. I have explained to you why it seems like the man is dominating in this part of the world. It is because Men are responsible for the total needs of most wives in this part of the world. some even carry inlaw problem too. whilst there may be nothing wrong with it, such men will always frown at it when their wives cannot place themselves low.... this is where the problem is and why many African women are getting the idea of feminism twisted. some persons created a thread sometime and tried to convince women to forget marriage and not make it a priority. I was amazed when some women came attacking the dude with different reasons. why marry when you know you do not have a means of survival and you cannot become low to the instructions of a man? You cannot have it all. A lady created a thread about how she denied her husband sex for one year and how she thinks she is over doing it. whilst I condemn her actions, she is able to do it because she is a woman that can survive financially without the man. I think the man understands this and that's why he kept his cool. If she couldn't do her thing herself, do you think she would have been able to deny that man sex for a year... the man for don give am slaps now. That's how it works babe. you cant eat your cake and have it. That is what life is. Run your thing not depending on your man for your everyday survival, see him respect himself!

LOL. You said the earlier feminist do this and that, you didn't consider it as a gender attack when you said that? Ahbeg, make I go rest.
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
pocohantas:

How about, the earlier the African 'chauvinist' realise this, the better for them? Why would a man want to dominate his wife? Do they know the meaning of that word at all? Marriage is partnership, it's not competition, it's not a battle. You don't spend too much time trying to dominate your spouse, against his or her wish. That's too draining and unfulfilling.

I know there are men that are submissive. If they are doing it willingly, and the woman doesn't abuse it...it's okay by me. That applies to 'submissive' wives too. The overall happiness of the home is all that matters, more reason I always say, everyone should go for their kind of partner. I've been with a guy who hates the whole 'submissive' concept. He is a normal African man.
. I think all this talk about feminism is all about understanding between the couples.I keep saying it am happily married with kids Nd I Nd my spouse knows exactly where to draw the lines.I enjoy doing house chores Nd cooking so I help out anytime am around. I do the school runs because I enjoy doing it.I don't see the reason why a man should not help out at home,its not a big deal.In discussions,if her contributions re OK,I will go with it but if its not,I will let her know why we can't do it her way Nd she will submit to that. Understanding is the key,let stop all this feminism stuff Nd focused on how to work things out in our relationships.But what I made sure is for her to know who is the head of the family Nd all that I do is for luv,peace Nd a happy home.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
pocohantas:

LOL. You said the earlier feminist do this and that, you didn't consider it as a gender attack when you said that? Ahbeg, make I go rest.
I think you are mixing my post up with some other person's.@ bolded, I just finished making my bed, you are welcome grin
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by MissWrite(f): 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
Who is being intimidated by feminist? cheesy Hahaha cheesy

This is where you got it all wrong. I don't know why many of you start making [b]baseless and irrelevant points [/b]especially when the issue of feminism is discussed. The write-up is talking about something and you're saying a different thing entirely

Do you know that the reason why many ladies of today divorce is because they can't stand the storm of marriage.? With time, you will get to understand that things are not as sweet as you've always fantasized. You will soon get to know that there are storms in marriages and only the strong ones can survive it. It's something you will face unless you are team "marriage is not for me" cheesy

Then you will realize all these "I can't take, I can't do that" attitude will not save you.

This is only gear one. If the point is already flying over your head, we should discontinue this conversation and allow you achieve some intellectual growth before this can be argued any further. No offense! People seem to like you here, so I feel compelled to tell you that I don't mean to offend you. cheesy. But you started it. tongue

1 Like

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by tosyne2much(m): 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
MissWrite:

This is only gear one. If the point is already flying over your head, we should discontinue this conversation and allow you achieve some intellectual growth before this can be argued any further. No offense! People seem to like you here, so I feel compelled to tell you that I don't mean to offend you. cheesy. But you started it. tongue
Ahn ahn cheesy Go and sleep jawe cheesy
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by edimolu(m): 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
shimmer1:
[s]Loool. Nigerian guys are just a bunch of pained guys that can't take it as they are seeing women putting their foot down, doing well for themselves and all. undecided
What y'all can't get into your thick skull is that feminism has come to stay whether anybody likes it or not. The world is changing everyday. The earth keeps rotating ND revolving round the sun. Change is very dynamic and if any guy of this particular 21st century cant accept the fact that women cant still be like as they were around the 18,19,20th century, then I'm very sorry for such guy. With the advent of science ND technology and more exposure into the modern world with women been a part of this. We've all come to realise how much more we are worth ND can be as full-fledged humans. Marriage is a partnership these days. It's a good thing to get married. Yes. The two individuals should accept themselves first, submit to each other, not one claiming head of house everytime because he has a penis.
Whether you like it or not FEMiNIsM has come to stay, if y'all are behaving like this now in 2017 , I wonder how y'all will cry in 2050 when we've finally taken over (as equals)[/s]. undecided grin shocked undecided
Ability to read and write does not in anyway connote intelligence, Now you question why someone tagged you "bïtch" undecided
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by MissWrite(f): 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
tosyne2much:

Lol.
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2017
shimmer1:
Loool. Nigerian guys are just a bunch of pained guys that can't take it as they are seeing women putting their foot down, doing well for themselves and all. undecided
What y'all can't get into your thick skull is that feminism has come to stay whether anybody likes it or not. The world is changing everyday. The earth keeps rotating ND revolving round the sun. Change is very dynamic and if any guy of this particular 21st century cant accept the fact that women cant still be like as they were around the 18,19,20th century, then I'm very sorry for such guy. With the advent of science ND technology and more exposure into the modern world with women been a part of this. We've all come to realise how much more we are worth ND can be as full-fledged humans. Marriage is a partnership these days. It's a good thing to get married. Yes. The two individuals should accept themselves first, submit to each other, not one claiming head of house everytime because he has a penis.
Whether you like it or not FEMiNIsM has come to stay, if y'all are behaving like this now in 2017 , I wonder how y'all will cry in 2050 when we've finally taken over (as equals). undecided grin shocked undecided
first know what words to use.... science and technology is not in the "advent stage". science and technology have been around since the time of Adam. However, new things are being developed everyday. I dont want to conclude you are another misguided and misinformed individual on the subject of feminism with the above error. Now just one simple question. How many African women will refuse marriage from a wealthy prince to go learn some innovation in science and technology? or better put? How many NL women will forget marriage and go pursue some idea in science and technology that seems futile? have you ever heard of Marie Curie, Rosalinf Franklin, Ada lovelace. Put these @ sentences on google 1. Notable female scientists and 2. Notable African female scientist. When you see the result, you will know that the idea of feminism isnt African. I have attached pcitures for you to see and again @bolded, it is being not been grin

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2017
edimolu:

Ability to read and write does not in anyway connote intelligence, Now you question why someone tagged you "bïtch" undecided

SMH sad

1 Like

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by pocohantas(f): 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
. I think all this talk about feminism is all about understanding between the couples.I keep saying it am happily married with kids Nd I Nd my spouse knows exactly where to draw the lines.I enjoy doing house chores Nd cooking so I help out anytime am around. I do the school runs because I enjoy doing it.I don't see the reason why a man should not help out at home,its not a big deal.In discussions,if her contributions re OK,I will go with it but if its not,I will let her know why we can't do it her way Nd she will submit to that. Understanding is the key,let stop all this feminism stuff Nd focused on how to work things out in our relationships.But what I made sure is for her to know who is the head of the family Nd all that I do is for luv,peace Nd a happy home.

Just go for what you want. A man and woman whose problem is who will be washing clothe and cooking, are both kids, who were not raised right. These are things very adult should know how to do, and need not wait on anybody to do them.

They shouldn't blame their lack of home training and personal hygiene on feminism.
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by edimolu(m): 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2017
shimmer1:

SMH sad
Stop shaking your head, else it falls-off,You listed out good points ,arguable at best,but please to win an arguement......try putting your generalisation-verbiage down a notch...thanks
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2017
majekdom2:
first know what words to use.... science and technology is not in the "advent stage". science and technology has been around since the time of Adam. However, new things are being developed everyday. I dont want to conclude you are another misguided and misinformed individual on the subject of feminism with the above error. Now just one simple question. How many African women will refuse marriage from a wealthy prince to go learn some innovation in science and technology? or better put? How many NL women will forget marriage and go pursue some idea in science and technology that seems futile? have you ever heard of Marie Curie, Rosalinf Franklin, Ada lovelace. Put these @ sentences on google 1. Notable female scientists and 2. Notable African female scientist. When you see the result, you will know that the idea of feminism isnt African. I have attached pcitures for you to see and again @bolded, it is being not been grin

I think you really really need to go back and read what I wrote up there. Yes, tech has been since since the days of Adam, at least I know FEMiNIsM didn't just start today, such as tech. And still we are still being put down. Also these women experienced sexism especially Franklin.
Please don't quote me again undecided
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
edimolu:

Stop shaking your head, else it falls-off,You listed out good points ,arguable at best,but please to win an arguement......try putting your generalisation-verbiage down a notch...thanks

Well stop assuming things sir. I'm not here for an an 'arguement'. Just to state my opinion .ok.
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
shimmer1:

I think you really really need to go back and read what I wrote up there. Yes, tech has been since since the days of Adam, at least I know FEMiNIsM didn't just start today, such as tech. And still we are still being put down. Also these women experienced sexism especially Franklin.
Please don't quote me again undecided
did you mean same @ bolded. you have made no point. I advised to you to use the word advent in a right context. My point is, your cause can only come to fruition when more women start getting involved in solving human problems otherwise it's a waste of time. That was why I asked you the question. In Nigeria today, How many young girls between the ages 20 to 29 will forget marriage and try to make some innovation. you will have less than 3%. See, get intelligent and understand my point and that is you don't have to shout feminism. let your results speak for you!

1 Like

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
majekdom2:
did you mean same @ bolded. you have made no point. I advised to you to use the word advent in a right context. My point is, your cause can only come to fruition when more women start getting involved in solving human problems otherwise it's a waste of time. That was why I asked you the question. In Nigeria today, How many young girls between the ages 20 to 29 will forget marriage and try to make some innovation. you will have less than 3%. See, get intelligent and understand my point and that is you don't have to shout feminism. let your results speak for you!

Ehn leave me and stop quoting me now. You keep shouting about how young girls are not doing this or that. Do you know who I am? Do you know all the girls that are trying? Do you know what I studied and how I'm striving to make a better use of it. You are just there assuming things and on top of it all 'you told me to get intelligent ' really? Me? Nairaland sha. angry Anyway, what I know is I didn't accuse you in anyway whatsoever. Just stated my opinion.
Bye.
And FYI it's a faceless forum, you don't know who anybody is. And I don't just shout about something I'm not. undecided
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by edimolu(m): 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
shimmer1:

Well stop assuming things sir. I'm not here for an an 'arguement'. Just to state my opinion .ok.
By now you should know opinions disseminated into words are subject to a debate, whether you like it or not! Well enough of the gày talk!

Stop generalising biko, cos by that you include every man, those in your bloodline included....
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2017
shimmer1:

Ehn leave me and stop quoting me now. You keep shouting about how young girls are not doing this or that. Do you know who I am? Do you know all the girls that are trying? Do you know what I studied and how I'm striving to make a better use of it. You are just there assuming things and on top of it all 'you told me to get intelligent ' really? Me? Nairaland sha. angry Anyway, what I know is I didn't accuse you in anyway whatsoever. Just stated my opinion.
Bye.
And FYI it's a faceless forum, you don't know who anybody is. And I don't just shout about something I'm not. undecided
grin

1 Like

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2017
edimolu:

By now you should know opinions disseminated into words are subject to a debate, whether you like it or not! Well enough of the gày talk!

Stop generalising biko, cos by that you include ev
ery man, those in your bloodline included....
We've heard you undecided. You can go to bed now sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by edimolu(m): 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2017
tosyne.2much:
grin
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobodys(f): 10:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
smh..
ideology of NIGERIAN WOMEN....??please learn to use the word 'SOME'..... as for your topic... All I can say is you don't know what feminism is all about.....and not every slay queen that says she's a feminist is actually a feminist....because some babes misunderstood d concept doesn't mean every Nigerian woman misunderstood it
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Shawnnn01: 11:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
pocohantas:
Although the husband is head of the home, but he is not superior to his wife. The wife submits to his final word but that doesn't mean she is not inferior to her husband. They are equal. .

Such paradox!!! Why would you marry a full grown human, with a functional brain and expect her to always submit to your final words?

I agree to a man being the head of the home, but dominating is too strong a word. I'm all for mutual respect wink Everybody should marry his or her kinda partner, life would be easier.

Let us know on NL once you marry a mumu to share the authority in his home with you 50/50.
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by MichaelBlake40: 2:52am On Nov 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is not the first time we are seeing people who are struggling for their daily meal but will come to Nairaland to claim that they are financially buoyant to take financial responsibility of others cheesy

Continue oooo
That's one thing I have noticed here most people here act as if getting money is as easy as abc and as if being broke is a disease or something. I don't know if at any point in their lives they have never gotten broke.
Well anyway cyberspace iz a good place to live fake lives sha.
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by MichaelBlake40: 2:57am On Nov 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
May God bless you for this comment. The who idea of feminism in this part of the world is bullcrap

It's beginning to become more of nuisance
I don't know if most of them want to be equal and yet enjoy what the man has to provide,a typical case of eating the cake and having it.
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by pocohantas(f): 3:11am On Nov 16, 2017
Shawnnn01:

Let us know on NL once you marry a mumu to share the authority in his home with you 50/50.

You probably read 'upside down'. Point out where I said I will share authority with a mumu 50/50?

The home belongs to husband and wife. I for one would never be fully dependent on any man in the name of marriage smiley
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 16, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
. I think all this talk about feminism is all about understanding between the couples.I keep saying it am happily married with kids Nd I Nd my spouse knows exactly where to draw the lines.I enjoy doing house chores Nd cooking so I help out anytime am around. I do the school runs because I enjoy doing it.I don't see the reason why a man should not help out at home,its not a big deal.In discussions,if her contributions re OK,I will go with it but if its not,I will let her know why we can't do it her way Nd she will submit to that. Understanding is the key,let stop all this feminism stuff Nd focused on how to work things out in our relationships. But what I made sure is for her to know who is the head of the family Nd all that I do is for luv,peace Nd a happy home.

pocohantas:

Just go for what you want. A man and woman whose problem is who will be washing clothe and cooking, are both kids, who were not raised right. These are things very adult should know how to do, and need not wait on anybody to do them.

They shouldn't blame their lack of home training and personal hygiene on feminism.
See diplomatic coment, you are being economical with the truth is stated at the bolded. Why don't u coment on the bolded. He has already trash out the cooking issue enyi m nwanyi poco. Address the bolded, whays ur thought on that?
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by pocohantas(f): 6:12am On Nov 16, 2017
chisco82:

See diplomatic coment, you are being economical with the truth is stated at the bolded. Why don't u coment on the bolded. He has already trash out the cooking issue enyi m nwanyi poco. Address the bolded, whays ur thought on that?

You're being economical with your sight chisco.
My first post on this thread addressed that.

Why do I have to address how he runs his family? They're happy and in agreement, that's all that matters. Rather than creating threads all day, other men should do like him, marry a partner with same ideology as you!
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by tosyne2much(m): 6:17am On Nov 16, 2017
MichaelBlake40:

That's one thing I have noticed here most people here act as if getting money is as easy as abc and as if being broke is a disease or something. I don't know if at any point in their lives they have never gotten broke.
Well anyway cyberspace iz a good place to live fake lives sha.
Na so dem dey do bro.. Those who are always quick to refer to others as being jobless are actually the ones that need financial help most cheesy
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by tosyne2much(m): 6:28am On Nov 16, 2017
MichaelBlake40:

I don't know if most of them want to be equal and yet enjoy what the man has to provide,a typical case of eating the cake and having it.
No mind them jawe.. See as dem carry my matter for their heads so tey dem come use poly bag take carry their own cheesy

Anyway, Nairaland is highly dominated by kids cheesy
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by henrylowe(m): 6:42am On Nov 16, 2017
pocohantas:
Although the husband is head of the home, but he is not superior to his wife. The wife submits to his final word but that doesn't mean she is not inferior to her husband. They are equal. .

Paradox!!! Why would you marry a full grown human, with a functional brain and expect her to always submit to your final words?

I agree to a man being the head of the home, but dominating is too strong a word. I'm all for mutual respect wink Everybody should marry his or her kinda partner, life would be easier.
I know una type nah.. Una go come here dey claim I can't do this, I can't do that. Meanwhile, ordinary boyfriend sef una no get
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by henrylowe(m): 6:51am On Nov 16, 2017
pocohantas:

You're being economical with your sight chisco.
My first post on this thread addressed that.

And why do I have to address how he runs his family? They're happy and in agreement, that's all that matters. Rather than creating threads all day, other men should do like him, marry a partner with same ideology as you!

I have a problem with people who lack basic comprehension. What did I say I can't do in the post you quoted?

What if I say, I know your type. You come here claiming head, whereas you are the submissive man. My dear, it's not by force to quote, especially a post you don't undestand.
You're obviously frustrated and I can feel your pains.. By the way, which guy turned you to this? grin
Re: Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship by pocohantas(f): 6:53am On Nov 16, 2017
henrylowe:
You're obviously frustrated and I can feel your pains.. By the way, which guy turned you to this? grin

LOL. When they have nothing else to say...Why don't you answer the question I asked? Mtcheew, boy bye grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See Photo Of My Baby And I Relaxing Today / Betrayal Of A Friend. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.