Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,398 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension (64731 Views)

The Coronation Of Tsola Emiko As Olu Of Warri (Full Video) / Monarchs Slam Gani Adams For Opposing Coronation Of Yoruba Traditional Rulers / The Coronation Of Oba Abdulraheem Oladele Adeoti, Omu-aran New Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2017
Kfed4ril:
And who said Igbos ain’t native to edo state?
Are you talking about Igbanke people? Have they accepted that they are now Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

Can't you answer a simple question?

If Gelegele is under Bini authority, please tell me which Bini person can point to the place as his/ her ancestral home?

What does Gelegele mean in Bini language?
it means truly truly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by In4matic: 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2017
Tamakay:

You are very funny here. Have you heard of Egbesu? How 7 goats were sacrificed legs and hands tied and thrown to the sea and seven days later, those goats afloats alive with their eyes gouged? Allow fear and myth envelope your reasoning. As for the Ijaws, we deal with reality. The people have crowned their king already and there's nothing the Oba can do about it. Now that the Ijaws are angry with the Federal Govt., because of undevelopment and the Avengers warming up, this is a good avenue for the Ijaws to change the music. Like I said before, the Ijaws have what it takes to contain the Binis in terms of influence, money, rituals, war veterans, juju, charms etc
They have crowned their King already so...all Ijaws are monitoring the development and we cannot be cowed by mythical treat as you are doing.

Exactly my problem with you ijaws, you think you are champions because your people were the most vocal and visible in the armed struggle. I'll have you know that the Niger delta militancy encompassed Edo's, Uhrobos, Ikweres, Kalabaris, Anangs, Efiks, Ibibios etc that's why it was so far reaching,
stand alone and the ijaw weak link will show
as for jazz etc, I dunno about who has the most, but I won't stake for you guys if I was to place it as a bet on bet naija..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by GavelSlam: 3:53pm On Nov 17, 2017
OMO1234567:
it means truly truly

OK if you say so I will not argue with you.

Can you also state what Bini family lays claim to portions of "Truly Truly"?
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Tamakay(m): 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2017
In4matic:

Exactly my problem with you ijaws, you think you are champions because your people were the most vocal and visible in the armed struggle. I'll have you know that the Niger delta militancy encompassed Edo's, Uhrobos, Ikweres, Kalabaris, Anangs, Efiks, Ibibios etc that's why it was so far reaching,
as for jazz etc, I dunno about who has the most, but I won't stake for you guys if I was to place it as a bet on bet naija..

Call any notable names of the tribes you mentioned who came out to drop arms for the Presidential Amnesty? This is the reason why the Federal Govt., is adamant to our struggle. The tribes you mentioned, if at all they are actually part of the struggle, we would have gone very far with our demands but they know that some tribes in the region are climbing on the back of the Ijaws to make noise.

I didn't say we are champions, but we are people you mythically don't treat. We have gotten our king and that's breaking away from the oppressive and highhanded rulership of some sort of obsolete, barbaric and obnoxious traditional system the Binis still operate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2017
nengibo:

Shut up if you dont have what to say, Ijaws are native to Edo state even Ondo state government that is majority Yoruba won't try this nonsense, thank God Ijaws can match Bini in all ramifications

You have started this your charade again? Which native to Ondo? Ijaws are tenants in Ondo state. We named the place Ese Odo ourselves!

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2017
nengibo:

Stop talking trash, dere is no bini man in gelegele, its just because of seaport the stupid politics started, the annoying thing is that when this provocation leads to altercation the same ppl will say "Ijaws are troublesome ", its the poor Nigeria state creation that put Ijaws in Ondo & Edo state.

Lol! Yet we have the Itsekiri separating these Ijaw tenants in Ondo and Benin from the Ijaws in Delta? You're so shameless!

2 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2017
lx3as:

One love Bro.

We all have equal footing in Ondo State and we're already rebuilding our trust in one another.
We grew up listening to Iroyin and Egberi on OSRC then, attending the same Schools. It's even hard differentiating Apoi man from Ikale person; even Arogbo Ijaws now. The Same applies to Edo groups like Owans, etc

We really need peace and unity in the South.

Abegi, forget that. Ijaws are tenants in Ondo state. We named them Ese Odo.

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2017
nengibo:

Ovia is a local government name not the identity of a people, what you should have argued is that gelegele is an bini word, but that will be a very blatant lie, Ijaws have been present in their land from time in memorial, it is on record that the Ijaws ferried the binis to lagos state, Edo state is a creation out of bendel unless you will say that Ijaws also just appeared in Delta state. Be guided

Lmao. LG is what it is. Ilaje folks comprises Ilaje folks, Ondo LG comprises Ondo people, same with Idanre folks. We don't care what you settlers named your abode, the fact is we named our land ourselves and Yoruba named the land Ese Odo!

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
fejikudz:
IN as much i agree with you... i hope the ijaws in bayelsea won't be angry if the urhobos(ofoni people) there decide to have an ovie of ofoni in time to come

Did you actually think that Efewestern is an Urhobo man? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by lx3as(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2017
diadem10:

Abegi, forget that. Ijaws are tenants in Ondo state. We named them Ese Odo.

I actually knew that someone was going to say this!
But do you have where to push them to now?

Except we are having our republic and they decide to join their kiths in the Niger delta, which I doubt, Apoi and Arogbo in Ese - Odo LGA remain Ondo State indigenes; though I know a lot of Arogbo that claim both Ondo and Balyesa indigenes. We all know that the land originally belonged to Ilajes and to some extent Ikales. However, in the past many moved from one place to another to settle without all these present problems which are due to ethnic consciousness brought about by politics.

2 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
lx3as:

I actually knew that someone was going to say this!
But do you have where to push them to now?

Except we are having our republic and they decide to join their kiths in the Niger delta, which I doubt, Apoi and Arogbo in Ese - Ido LGA remain Ondo State indigenes; though I know a lot of Arogbo that claim both Ondo and Balyesa indigenes. We all know that the land originally belonged to Ilajes and to some extent Ikales. However, in the past many moved from one place to another to settle without all these present problems which are due to ethnic consciousness brought about by politics.

Of course, there's no problem with them settling in the place but the problem I have with them is when Ijaws keep claiming the place as their ancestral land when they are just settlers. The question is how could we have had the Itsekiris separating these Ijaw tenants in Ondo and Benin from the Ijaws in Delta if it were their ancestral land in the first place?

Funny thing is the Ijaws and even the Ikwere people loved putting a name to every small community that isn't up to a plot of land and that was why they were able to name many small sized communities inside Ese Odo which was named by the Ilajes. The fact is we don't care what the settlers choose to name their communities, the fact remains that they are settlers and if the Ijaws tries any stupid thing, we will have their arogbo brothers moved back to Bayelsa!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by lx3as(m): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2017
diadem10:

Of course, there's no problem with them settling in the place but the problem I have with them is when Ijaws keep claiming the place as their ancestral land when they are just settlers. The question is how could we have had the Itsekiris separating these Ijaw tenants in Ondo and Benin from the Ijaws in Delta if it were their ancestral land in the first place?

Funny thing is the Ijaws and even the Ikwere people loved putting a name to every small community that isn't up to a plot of land and that was why they were able to name many small sized communities inside Ese Odo which was named by the Ilajes. The fact is we don't care what the settlers choose to name their communities, the fact remains that they are settlers and if the Ijaws tries any stupid thing, we will have their arogbo brothers moved back to Bayelsa!

The Apois have already assimilated. The Arogbos that migrated after them can never go with an inch of Ilaje land but for now they are accepted as one of us and are already assimilating. The only problem I had with some of them was in School then, seeing someone that claimed to come from Southern Ijaw LGA also claiming at the same time to come from Ese Odo.

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by diadem10: 6:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
lx3as:

The Apois have already assimilated. The Arogbos that migrated after them can never go with an each of Ilaje land but for now they are accepted as one of us and are already assimilating. The only problem I had with some of them was in School then, seeing someone that claimed to come from Southern Ijaw LGA also claiming at the same time to come from Ese Odo.

Exactly. Funny thing is they have been roundly defeated in court on Ilaje land dispute as well as the Gelege and Itsekiri case. They have forgotten so soon that the only land treatise signed by the Ijaws with the British were with representatives of Augalabiri, Angiama, Sagbama, Odiani, Ogbere, Akassa, Middleton, Bonny, Ogolomoa, Obika, Opobo. It is note worthy that none of the communities named is in Itsekiri, Benin or IlaJe

Bunch of land grabbers.

You can read more on this site below

https://loritosan./2017/07/05/ilaje-of-ondo-benin-of-edo-state-and-itsekiri-of-delta-state-in-a-case-of-ijaw-expansionist-agenda/

3 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by odigbosky(m): 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2017
They said we aint riverine people, yet we have ferrymen in our communties. Go read the folklores of the ijaws you will find the Oba of Benin almost every where in it. The ijaws have been there for years and they have never thought of having a pere in Gelegele. Its because of the seaport.....well by the time they catch him and bring him to Benin city he will understand. Gelegele is surrounded by Benin communities and somebody here is saying Gelegele has been for the ijaws for long....That land belongs to Ughoton.

2 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by isalegan2: 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2017
I had no idea this fight continued o! 9 pages! So Ijaw and Bini they drag? Where's TonyeBarcanista to debate whoever the NL Bini rep is? I'm not sure about Laudate; that bro seems very Lagosian-Bini - maybe he's Lagos Bini royal. cheesy

Blackfyre:

Funny, I was there about late last year, that place heavy sha make I no lie. I happened to walk into a market of theirs where they sold ritual stuffs and items, name it, I saw it all except human body sha. There was this tree at the center of the market tha had all sort of things placed at the bottom. It was my first time of seeing cowries.

Benin people no dey play I swear...

Cowries? You mean the common cowries that we used for trade in the old days? What's so frightening about that?
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
isalegan2:

Cowries? You mean the common cowries that we used for trade in the old days? What's so frightening about that?

Not the cowries,there was more than cowries at the place but that was my first time of seeing it. Nothing frightened me there tho, was just shocked how the showcasing of it was without any inhibition...
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by odigbosky(m): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2017
That guy that said the Benins only won the Gelegele issue at the supreme court should see this....

The matter went through the High Court of Justice and Federal Court of Appeal in Benin and the Supreme Court -in Lagos.

The Benins secured victory all the way. The following suit numbers are material evidences to buttress our claim to the land at Gelegele and environs

1. High Court of Justice, Benin Judgment delivered on the 22nd December 1978 by .Justice. Ekeruche J in Suit No. B/I44/1970.

2. Federal Court of Appeal judgment delivered on the 16th December1981 by Abdul Ganiy Olatunji· Agbaja and 2 others in Suit No. FCA/B/82/80.

3. Supreme Court unanimous Judgment delivered on the 19th ‘August 1983 by Muhamedu Lawai Uwais, former Chief Justice of the Federation and 4 others in Suit No. SC.131/1982"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2017
isalegan2:
I had no idea this fight continued o! 9 pages! So Ijaw and Bini they drag? Where's TonyeBarcanista to debate whoever the NL Bini rep is? I'm not sure about Laudate; that bro seems very Lagosian-Bini - maybe he's Lagos Bini royal. cheesy

Hehehe.... which one be Lagosian-Bini again?? cheesy shocked Una don start! grin Ask Odigbosky for his opinion on this matter, abeg. Di guy full ground well-well for here! wink

2 Likes

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by laudate: 11:04pm On Nov 17, 2017
odigbosky:
That guy that said the Benins only won the Gelegele issue at the supreme court should see this....

The matter went through the High Court of Justice and Federal Court of Appeal in Benin and the Supreme Court -in Lagos.

The Benins secured victory all the way. The following suit numbers are material evidences to buttress our claim to the land at Gelegele and environs

1. High Court of Justice, Benin Judgment delivered on the 22nd December 1978 by .Justice. Ekeruche J in Suit No. B/I44/1970.

2. Federal Court of Appeal judgment delivered on the 16th December1981 by Abdul Ganiy Olatunji· Agbaja and 2 others in Suit No. FCA/B/82/80.

3. Supreme Court unanimous Judgment delivered on the 19th ‘August 1983 by Muhamedu Lawai Uwais, former Chief Justice of the Federation and 4 others in Suit No. SC.131/1982"

Erha meh! shocked Guy, you be lawyer? See di kind research wey you do on top dis matter.... na heavy-duty, o! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by hitman2911: 5:23am On Nov 18, 2017
If there were already court cases up to the supreme court involving this land in the 1970's then there should be no need for any more trouble. The winner of the court case then is the owner of the land.
There is also a process of how a King is crowned with respect to approval by the state government, you dont just wake up and make yourself a king. That is an illegal act.

For peace to reign, let the status quo remains.

odigbosky:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:17am On Nov 18, 2017
In4matic:

Mumu kalabari is Ijaw, wer u think say Asari Dokubo from, which useless Edo how many edo ppl died because of the Militancy struggle, cowardly edo ppl fit enter creek...nonsense
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:20am On Nov 18, 2017
In4matic:

kalabari is Ijaw clan, dats is where Asari Dokubo is from, it goes to show how little you know
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 6:21am On Nov 18, 2017
GavelSlam:

OK if you say so I will not argue with you.

Can you also state what Bini family lays claim to portions of "Truly Truly"?
No mind dem, bini nane community truly truly, what a Uselesss joke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by Konquest: 6:43am On Nov 18, 2017
odigbosky:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
Ijaws don't believe in court case victories! They only believe in violence. grin

There is even Ijaw encroachment on Ijaw lands such as the controversy over the ownership of Soku between Rivers Kalabari and Bayelsa Ijaws of Nembe. The oil and gas-rich Soku area is claimed by the Rivers State Kalabaris who claimed that the Nembe Ijaws in Bayelsa were migrant fishermen who settled in their Kalabari fishing settlements only for the Nembe Ijaws to start claiming ownership years later after the discovery of crude oil and gas.

The Federal Government and the National Boundary Commission have to STEP in to enforce the judgement in favour of the Bini ASAP and also enforce the other court victories in favour of the Itsekiris, Ilaje/Ese-Odo axis and Diobu in Ikwereland, Port Harcourt. The Ijaws in these areas were migrant fishermen who stayed in fishing settlements on other people's lands only to now turn around and start dubiously claiming ownership of the lands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by In4matic: 7:09am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

kalabari is Ijaw clan, dats is where Asari Dokubo is from, it goes to show how little you know

Angulama Community which was the most ancient town in the present Kalabari kingdom, followed by Ke community. Minus these communities, all other cities, towns and villages immigrated from one place or the other to the present place which constituted the Kalabaris, otherwise called, the Kalabari kingdom that spreads into 3 LGAs viz: Asari-Toru, Akuku-Toru and Degema.

The 3 biggest cities, Buguma, Abonnema and Bakana were one entity who immigrated from the Benin kingdom in the present Edo State in the 16th century as they were then speaking the Edo language unarguable or deniable likewise all the rest immigrants have their respective languages too. The only communities that were in these areas of the present 3 LGAs were: Angulama in the North and Ke in the South who were speaking the Kalabari language that compelled the immigrants changed their languages

www​.thenewswriterng.com/?p=17180

....9 . Ilelema (corrupted from the original name Lolo ama) - a kalabari town that emigrated from Benin (called Iselema by the Kalabaris) to its present

http://kengema.tripod.com/id27.html

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 7:25am On Nov 18, 2017
lx3as:

The Apois have already assimilated. The Arogbos that migrated after them can never go with an inch of Ilaje land but for now they are accepted as one of us and are already assimilating. The only problem I had with some of them was in School then, seeing someone that claimed to come from Southern Ijaw LGA also claiming at the same time to come from Ese Odo.
The same way ilorin and kogi has been assimilated, there are no Yorubas dere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 7:27am On Nov 18, 2017
Many Yoruba people have been assimilated to Ijaw, just like Tonye cole and his family, a popular example

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by scholes0(m): 8:23am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

No mind dem, bini nane community truly truly, what a Uselesss joke

So what is its meaning in Ijaw then?
Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by scholes0(m): 8:26am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

The same way ilorin and kogi has been assimilated, there are no Yorubas dere

Assimmilated into what?

Dude stop talking about what you have no ideas about, just because you think you can find a comparable example among Yorubas.
Yorubas don’t assimmilate into other things.

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by nengibo: 8:33am On Nov 18, 2017
scholes0:

Assimmilated into what?

Dude stop talking about what you have no ideas about, just because you think you can find a comparable example among Yorubas.
Yorubas don’t assimmilate into other things.
There are no yorubas in the north, capiche, its all hausa-fulani land full stop, anyother person is a settler

1 Like

Re: Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension by scholes0(m): 8:41am On Nov 18, 2017
nengibo:

There are no yorubas in the north, capiche, its all hausa-fulani land full stop, anyother person is a settler

Dude your comparison holds no water.
Ijaw community that claims to be aboriginal just decided that they should have a ruler in 2017... lol does that make sense? From the time of antiquity till NOW, what have they been doing?

All the Yoruba communities of Kwara and Kogi states are recognized and gazetted nationally, and they all have royal stools dating back into time immemorial.

And yea like diadem wrote earlier, the Apois in Ondo state have assimilated into Yoruba completely. There is no Apoi without Ikale or Ilaje relatives in their family line. As old as the Apois are in Ondo state they still eventually assimilated into Yoruba culture BECAUSE THAT IS THE MAJORITY CULTURE THEY MET ON GROUND. Nobody forced them to become Yoruba and start speaking their own brand of the Yoruba language called Apoi. Go to their royal palaces to confirm. They are proud Yoruba, and we all live harmoniously in Ondo state.

Arogbos are much more Ijo because they came much later after the Apois and have been settled in the Ondo area for a much lesser period of time, added with the fact of continuous migration from the central Niger Delta Ijaw homelands into the west, and it is no surprise why they are still like that .... Not like Yoruba even want them as one of them sef.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife / Showcasing Igbo culture / The Afar People (redone)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.